Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Which kingdom does Mallorca fall under? Spania?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Which kingdom does Mallorca fall under? Spania?

Yes.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

You got a hosed colour id on that sea province, friend.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

Is there any way to take off my character's hat? The Imperial crown is dumb and stupid and editing the portait properties in my savegame doesn't seem to be able to be rid of it.

Change to a Celtic, Greek, or Iberian/Italian culture, all of which have Imperial crowns that own. The generic Western European one sucks.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
What happened to that post-apocalyptic America mod? Is there a place to get it?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Nuclear War posted:

What happened to that post-apocalyptic America mod? Is there a place to get it?

It's still going strong from what I can tell and you can get it here

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Working our way up to Vancouver.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

New weekly dev diary.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

QOL changes, bugfixes and optimization. This sounds like a winner.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

quote:

- Added "Stop Seduction" and "Stop Spying" decisions
Thank god.

quote:

- AI: Toned down seduction by characters with many children
- AI: Toned down impregnation chances for seduction affairs with characters with many children
Thank god!

quote:

- Handsome and lustful men now also populate the cabins in the wild for the pleasures of people who find them attractive

HAIL SATAN :gay:
Yes, I'm aware female rulers exist.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'd kill for a QOL feature that lets you automate assigning guardians to children. Something like being able to say that anyone whose relation to you is "kinsman" automatically gets assigned to the courtier with the highest stat of your choosing. As it is, if I'm trying to have a particularly large dynasty (say, as a merchant republic) I end up spending what feels like half my time dealing with the popups about assigning guardians to kids who just turned 6, or finding new guardians for kids whose previous guardian died.

In a similar vein, I'm also hoping they rework that mechanic (bug?) where all of your guardianship arrangements end when your ruler dies. "You have 27 children who need guardians" uuuuggghhhhh

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Shadeoses posted:

You got a hosed colour id on that sea province, friend.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

(Ignore the ocean. I was trying something with the map a while back and haven't bothered to revert it.)

EDIT: Also, that new dev diary is awesome. I wonder how that new gov-type will work.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 12, 2015

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

An interesting thing hinted at by the government tooltip:
  • Cannot build Tribal Holdings
This implies that Tribal Government types can build tribal holdings now, rather than them being the default for lands that have not feualised or republicised.
Possibly this is a solution for Tribals taking over feudal lands now, you can build a tribal holding in an empty slot, or possibly even burn feudal holdings down.

EDIT:

Also, look at the tooltips view, there's a new one that looks like a temple, turns out that shows government type.

Edison was a dick fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 12, 2015

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
lol what the hell

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Government types are now color-coded! Red for republics, white for theocracies, blue for feudal sorts and ??? for tribals. Neat, that'll help.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

super fart shooter posted:

lol what the hell

Well that certainly is something you don't see every day.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
The weirdest thing is I'm almost positive the kid was Tengri a minute ago, and then he just flipped. How does a 2 year old even flip religious groups like that?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When I've played as the Mongols I always get my share of missionaries from the Indian religions. Which is good because, unless they've changed it, being a Jain Mongol makes you basically unstoppable. But I think AI Mongols are programmed to be very unlikely to convert to anything other than Sunni/Shia with Nestorianism and Orthodox being slightly less likely than Islam but slightly more likely than Catholicism or Hindu/Jain/Buddhism.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 12, 2015

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

super fart shooter posted:

The weirdest thing is I'm almost positive the kid was Tengri a minute ago, and then he just flipped. How does a 2 year old even flip religious groups like that?

AI rulers sending their chaplains to convert? I know I get spammed with that in my pagan games, and I figure that's why the Horde kept converting early in my current game - but do Buddhists do it and can it fire on underage rulers?

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Dallan Invictus posted:

AI rulers sending their chaplains to convert? I know I get spammed with that in my pagan games, and I figure that's why the Horde kept converting early in my current game - but do Buddhists do it and can it fire on underage rulers?

Oh, I didn't realize Indian religions did that too, I guess that must have been it. (Also, in the pic I posted he's Hindu, not Buddhist, I don't know if that makes any difference)

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Edison was a dick posted:

An interesting thing hinted at by the government tooltip:
  • Cannot build Tribal Holdings
This implies that Tribal Government types can build tribal holdings now, rather than them being the default for lands that have not feualised or republicised.
Possibly this is a solution for Tribals taking over feudal lands now, you can build a tribal holding in an empty slot, or possibly even burn feudal holdings down.

EDIT:

Also, look at the tooltips view, there's a new one that looks like a temple, turns out that shows government type.

Well the entire government thing has made a lot more things dynamic and allowed us to move a lot of hard coded stuff to the scripts instead. The tooltip is automatically generated I believe so don't draw to much from it. Most important thing is no more sudden game over because of government changes.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I dunno how I feel about the Commander title, seeing as I lead a bunch of armies at once usually. How generous are you gonna be with them? I have like, 9 armies running around as Byzantium and if I didn't have Siege Leaders in a bunch of them it would be hell waging war.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I dunno how I feel about the Commander title, seeing as I lead a bunch of armies at once usually. How generous are you gonna be with them? I have like, 9 armies running around as Byzantium and if I didn't have Siege Leaders in a bunch of them it would be hell waging war.

Generous enough I think, and even if that is enough you can always recruit mercenaries to get access to like 6 more commanders I guess.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Groogy posted:

Generous enough I think, and even if that is enough you can always recruit mercenaries to get access to like 6 more commanders I guess.

So you only going to have six possible commanders? So if you are moving 3 armies, you wont have commanders for all of then?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Looks pretty interesting. Though personally I've never had a game over due to incompatible govtype.

quote:

The Yazidi Sheikh and Hurufi Caliph now have access to the Muslim subjugation CB and the Jihad CB
Hold on - does this mean it's theoretically possible to have five Jihads going on?

:getin:

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 13, 2015

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007
I've had it happen before when switching capitals to a newly conquered heathen territory and revoking the bishopric.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Is there a way to add a "Too Distant to Interact With" filter to the Character Finder?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Well my 88 years old Sigurdr died of being an old possessed man. Never had any events pop for it other than the first that applies it to you. Let me sit on a nice natural 34 martial. Dueled at least 7 people from a family that were all my rivals killed 3 of em. Held the kingdoms of Norge Sweden and Denmark in territory but just Sweden in title. So when he croaked one son got everything that I didn't as I was a grandson who was strong and I'm keeping this gene in my family.

Anyways Ake the new king gets back from looting with his dads corpse and before he's even taken off the boat I'm yelling to war all claims and take my poo poo back immediately. I do thanks to my 8k personal levies (100% Reform Norse MA is nice) and smash his teeth in. A month later I've stabbed anyone who looks at my stuff funny and even maimed a rival in a spear throwing contest right after a faction puts him up to try and take my throne.

Gonna raid till year 900 then go feudal I think.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
CPU reformed Slavic and won a great holy war for Germany by catching the King while he was amassing troops and throwing him in jail. Entirety of Germany now labled "Warriors of Perun"

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Thought I had a nice game going as Sigurdr then Ragnarr going, except I didn't know the intricacies of Elective Gavelkind succession. For those who don't know your heirs who don't inherit your primary title can freely split off and start their own kingdoms. Silly me created the Empire of Scandinavia and held all four kingdom titles thinking it worked the same as regular old Gavelkind. Ragnarr dies his heir dies in a duel a week later and suddenly I'm playing the Emperor of Scandinavia who only controls half of Sweden. And they all hate me. I try to start a war to reclaim some land and it turns out that all my relatives like the other guy better and join the war as his ally.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Veryslightlymad posted:

CPU reformed Slavic and won a great holy war for Germany by catching the King while he was amassing troops and throwing him in jail. Entirety of Germany now labled "Warriors of Perun"

I've had West Africans somehow not only reform in one of my games but they ended up kicking the Umayyads out of Spain with a great holy war.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Somehow the warriors are able to raise 26,000 men, and thus Slavic is now the dominant religion of Europe. RIP Catholicism.

I'm tempted to turn on Sunset Invasion to see if the Slavs/Ummayads can beat the Aztecs. I mean, it's not like the history of this particular world could be any MORE hosed.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Coward posted:

Is there a way to add a "Too Distant to Interact With" filter to the Character Finder?

Use councillor actions to narrow down your range, or just use religious groups since it pretty much works out

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Rumda posted:

Use councillor actions to narrow down your range, or just use religious groups since it pretty much works out

It'd still be handy to have that in a filter. Religious Groups doesn't work quite that well, particularly for Pagans stretched from Ghana to Russia.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

cybrxkhan, the guy behind VIET - Vanilla Immersion Events and Traits, and CPR - Cultures and Portraits Revamp is retiring from modding.

Apparently there's going to be one more update to VIET, and after that, the future of the mod is up to the other people who worked on it.

Both of those mods are part of HIP - Historical Immersion Project, which I tend to play with, so it'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Veryslightlymad posted:

Most of Fraticelli Lombardy went to one of the Catholic holy orders, then was given to a member of my dynasty who kept it as personally-held count-level titles for some unfathomable reason (I even gifted him enough money to form a duchy, he immediately spent it on holding upgrades, I think). Once I noticed he had me as his heir, it was remarkably easy to stab him thanks to the -200 oversized demesne penalty he was taking from his burghers and bishops.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Dareon posted:

Most of Fraticelli Lombardy went to one of the Catholic holy orders, then was given to a member of my dynasty who kept it as personally-held count-level titles for some unfathomable reason (I even gifted him enough money to form a duchy, he immediately spent it on holding upgrades, I think). Once I noticed he had me as his heir, it was remarkably easy to stab him thanks to the -200 oversized demesne penalty he was taking from his burghers and bishops.

His Liege was a Duke-level character, so he couldn't form a Duchy without being independent.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

After spending at least a century nibbling away at the Persian blob in holy war after holy war I found out that I had a dude with a claim on all of Persia in my court. So I pressed his claim and voila, slightly prettier borders.

A few decades earlier

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Simplex posted:

Thought I had a nice game going as Sigurdr then Ragnarr going, except I didn't know the intricacies of Elective Gavelkind succession. For those who don't know your heirs who don't inherit your primary title can freely split off and start their own kingdoms. Silly me created the Empire of Scandinavia and held all four kingdom titles thinking it worked the same as regular old Gavelkind. Ragnarr dies his heir dies in a duel a week later and suddenly I'm playing the Emperor of Scandinavia who only controls half of Sweden. And they all hate me. I try to start a war to reclaim some land and it turns out that all my relatives like the other guy better and join the war as his ally.

I really hate the tribal gavelkind system.

What will also happen is if you have the ability to create a same level title (like say Kingdom of Norway if you're already King of Sweden) but you don't want to since it'll gavelkind off and be independent, it doesn't matter because upon succession the game creates the title and gives it away anyway. Plus you can't just give the 2nd in line a temple or whatever since religious figures are still eligible to inherit.

I started a game as Sigurdr last night and quickly snapped up some nearby provinces (your personal levy is like 2x bigger than the surrounding 1 or 2 province dudes) enabling me to form the Kingdom of Svipjod, then started vassalizing all the other 1 province dudes around me until I basically had all of Sweden except for the Sumonesko in the north and a duchy that already belonged to Denmark in my realm.

Then Ragnarr's brother gets the Kingdom of Norway and I lose half the realm. Makes it loving impossible to get to a decent size without going feudal unless you do some super game-y poo poo. Gavelkind is fine I just don't know why they had to make the tribal/elective gavelkind so much more punishing. I either have to not marry and seduce it up until I finally legitimize a bastard or murder all my male kids except for one.

Add that to the change in how vassals vote for the heir and it's infuriating. I can't land any of my sons. I don't want to land my direct heir so he doesn't marry some idiot with poo poo stats, but I can't land anyone else because the nobles will all go 'oh well let's vote for him then!' and my first born gets hosed.

It wouldn't be as bad if I could just concentrate on raiding in the beginning instead but you don't start with any ships so it's not really easy to raid anyone worth a poo poo until 100-200 years after the start date.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Moridin920 posted:

Add that to the change in how vassals vote for the heir and it's infuriating. I can't land any of my sons. I don't want to land my direct heir so he doesn't marry some idiot with poo poo stats, but I can't land anyone else because the nobles will all go 'oh well let's vote for him then!' and my first born gets hosed.

Just marry him before you land him.

But yeah, elective gavelkind is awful.

• Locked thread