Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
ITT people who have never busted friend's balls over the dumb poo poo they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

CortezFantastic posted:

ITT people who have never busted friend's balls over the dumb poo poo they do

This threads the worst when people start analyzing the guys relationship.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I've never gotten the feeling of passive aggressiveness from these live eps lol, aren't they like.. best friends???

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

mcvey posted:

This threads the worst when people start analyzing the guys relationship.

Exactly, we need to first break down the man. Now, is Seth more INTJ or is there consensus around ENTP?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
For how much this thread thinks they are better than other fan domains they are just as bad, if not worse (see: gf hating live show due to hiphop lyric read)

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

For how much this thread thinks they are better than other fan domains they are just as bad, if not worse (see: gf hating live show due to hiphop lyric read)

Well, she doesn't post here so I can't really hold that against the thread. It is funny though how people in this thread say " the facebook thread/website forum are full of creepy scum-rear end bitches!", but people here like to get just as weird. I guess it kinda comes with the territory of listening to two people talk "to you" for almost 500 hours. You grow close to them more than a person from any other type of medium, so it's natural to analyze them. Call me creepy all you want, but I kinda really wanna see what Seth/Jah's girlfriends look like lol. I'd probably honestly drive by the studio too if I was ever in L.A., not take a picture with the car or anything but just to be like "hey that's where those fuckers talk that I listen to all the drat time"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

goldblums eyes posted:

Well, she doesn't post here so I can't really hold that against the thread. It is funny though how people in this thread say " the facebook thread/website forum are full of creepy scum-rear end bitches!", but people here like to get just as weird. I guess it kinda comes with the territory of listening to two people talk "to you" for almost 500 hours. You grow close to them more than a person from any other type of medium, so it's natural to analyze them. Call me creepy all you want, but I kinda really wanna see what Seth/Jah's girlfriends look like lol. I'd probably honestly drive by the studio too if I was ever in L.A., not take a picture with the car or anything but just to be like "hey that's where those fuckers talk that I listen to all the drat time"

Seth's gf looks 20 years his junior

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I would think light daddy issues are a common thing in LA.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Flat daddy issues pervade the midwest

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I wonder if anyone still uses those.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
So I'm like 30 or so episodes into the backlog, but I have a question. Does it come up how these guys met? As I take it they're from opposite sides of the country, but it seems like they've known each other for a long time.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

bollig posted:

So I'm like 30 or so episodes into the backlog, but I have a question. Does it come up how these guys met? As I take it they're from opposite sides of the country, but it seems like they've known each other for a long time.

I don't know what year it was (I think maybe the late 90's) Seth was working at a video store in LA and the two were talking about a documentary about young (as in little) girl beauty pageants. Jonathan asked him if he'd seen it and Seth immediately pulled out his copy of the video from behind the counter and they immediately became friends. They talk about it in an episode I think. Or it might've been an interview I read.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
they are brothers actually

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Caper posted:

I don't know what year it was (I think maybe the late 90's) Seth was working at a video store in LA and the two were talking about a documentary about young (as in little) girl beauty pageants. Jonathan asked him if he'd seen it and Seth immediately pulled out his copy of the video from behind the counter and they immediately became friends. They talk about it in an episode I think. Or it might've been an interview I read.

Warms the cockles of my heart.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Caper posted:

I think it was their episode of WTF.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Binowru posted:

You're right, it was on WTF. Seth was pretty quiet throughout, but there was some interesting background info.

I think Seth, Jah, and Jah's wife at the time, the casting agent, starting hanging out after meeting at the video store.

The origins of UYD were like their daily phone calls where they would talk through all these crazy stories Seth had found, trying to make one another laugh, I think.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
And it was Jah's wife hearing Jah's end of the conversation on their phone calls that suggested it become a podcast, IIRC.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Beeez posted:

And it was Jah's wife hearing Jah's end of the conversation on their phone calls that suggested it become a podcast, IIRC.

Thanks for this too. I had been wondering about it. I always imagined them having one of their phone calls in real life, them stopping, raising their eyebrows and saying, "should we be recording this. I think we should be recording this."

Binowru posted:

Going to check this out.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hey guys I am an anesthesiologist drug addict too....... Haha I jus epic owned you hat a great prank

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Caper posted:

It wasn't a video it was a cut-out picture of the winner (?) that he laminated.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a starwar betamax posted:

they are brothers actually

The final episode of UYD will have Papa Jah as a guest and he will reveal that Johnathan and Seth are half-brothers, that's why Seth looks so much like him.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I know they're too incompetent to ever have decent merch on the site so I ran that great image through vector magic and had it printed

dont hate me for my podcast swag

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

I know they're too incompetent to ever have decent merch on the site so I ran that great image through vector magic and had it printed

dont hate me for my podcast swag

That's fresh as hell.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Anyone know if there are any custom made UYD iPhone cases out there?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Seth Dean & Jah Morrison

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
#457 from Atlanta just dropped. Glad they seem to be putting these out slightly faster than usual, was worried about how long we'd have to wait between studio eps.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
The Atlanta craigshouse and the revisit of the rat story is the best they have been in weeks. So good.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

something clever posted:

The Atlanta craigshouse and the revisit of the rat story is the best they have been in weeks. So good.

I don't get why you'd let the tops in an hour early on a gangbang. Why wear out your tops early? They are a scarce resource and should not be squandered.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

shadow puppet of a posted:

I don't get why you'd let the tops in an hour early on a gangbang. Why wear out your tops early? They are a scarce resource and should not be squandered.

Did you not hear that poppers were going to be provided complimentary!!!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

So happy to hear craigshouse again. Leaky Clarks to the front of the line.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

Grave Deadline posted:

Or when Jonathan called Seth out for having having a Pinterest account and, by extension, an email address?

Pff he's inboxing Pinterest straight to his cortex now https://instagram.com/p/2ykfBoHE9c/

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Look at that sleeve roll. Symmetry

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

King of Gulps posted:

Pff he's inboxing Pinterest straight to his cortex now https://instagram.com/p/2ykfBoHE9c/

Listen to Jonathan giggling at how much he HATES Seth

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

CortezFantastic posted:

Listen to Jonathan giggling at how much he HATES Seth

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Heads up, New York.

ohreally
Feb 22, 2015
Got tickets to the NY show!

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Oh really

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Either the guys are having some awesome success with live shows, or they have the best agents small time artists can get.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

dvorak posted:

Either the guys are having some awesome success with live shows, or they have the best agents small time artists can get.
I thought they used to complain about them a lot, or was that Jonathan complaining about Jogger's booking agent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

dvorak posted:

Why do you mean?