Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

Xavier434 posted:

Holy crap! The last 48 hours on this topic have been incredible. Many people, including myself, felt that Wildstar was going to attract a particularly elitist and spergy crowd even for old school MMO standards. This was a reasonably well accepted theory even before the first beta, but what we got was so much more. And now this. Now everything.

Wildstar is an awful game, but the trainwrecks that it has spawned have been absolutely legendary. I hope it lives forever.

I am incredibly thankful someone made this new thread. Please keep it open forever.

Wildstar will keep giving for years to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I hope this is one of you

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
plz chairman, do the needful (no that was not me)

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The Chairman posted:

I hope this is one of you

Even if this is not one of us, I think that all of us should piggy back on this post by supporting it. Especially if you regularly post in in the WS reddit.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Chairman, if you become a mod on that terrible sub-reddit you'd better let the next Phineas T. Rotostar avatar I buy you stick around for a bit.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Chairman, if you become a mod on that terrible sub-reddit you'd better let the next Phineas T. Rotostar avatar I buy you stick around for a bit.

No.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

SpaceGoku posted:

Your account can still browse all of reddit's content and you can still make posts but they won't be visible to any other users, including other shadowbanned users. You don't get notified that you're shadowbanned.

It's about as passive-aggressive as it sounds.

That used to be a thing that happened here, no? Or am I misremembering and hellbans were something else?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

WarLocke posted:

That used to be a thing that happened here, no? Or am I misremembering and hellbans were something else?

It was but I think it played weird with the servers or something.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I've been wondering. Since Carbine were making a #hardcore MMO, why did they go with the cutesy cartoon artstyle? I mean, you'd want it to look more like Dark Souls than Ratchet and Clank wouldn't you?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
thread redeemed forever, past and future

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SpaceGoku posted:

Your account can still browse all of reddit's content and you can still make posts but they won't be visible to any other users, including other shadowbanned users. You don't get notified that you're shadowbanned.

It's about as passive-aggressive as it sounds.

Just make a new reddit user to make fun of her with?!!!?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

croutonZA posted:

I've been wondering. Since Carbine were making a #hardcore MMO, why did they go with the cutesy cartoon artstyle? I mean, you'd want it to look more like Dark Souls than Ratchet and Clank wouldn't you?

It's cheaper and easier to use a cartoony style. The game can barely handle the basic wow customization style with large groups, anything more would make it burst into flames.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

croutonZA posted:

WoW did it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The earnings report was everything I could ask for and more :allears:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

RottenK posted:

Guys go easy on franbunny, she' clearly suffering from mental illness and needs help that she isn't getting :smith:

Seriously, this site doesn't need any higher of a body-count than it already has.

What are we at, like four or five deaths now?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Wildstar still exists? Last time I checked, it was still in beta and burned down my PC whenever I tried it, due to it not liking AMD-graphics cards. Is that still a problem, or did it solve itself by AMD-people just stopping to try playing the game?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Everyone stopped trying to play the game.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Pretty much the only way any problem Wildstar has gets addressed is thanks to the thankless efforts of the true believers

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Libluini posted:

Wildstar still exists? Last time I checked, it was still in beta and burned down my PC whenever I tried it, due to it not liking AMD-graphics cards. Is that still a problem, or did it solve itself by AMD-people just stopping to try playing the game?

Unless it's a thing specific to AMD for some reason it's probably okay now. I'm playing on an HD 4000 of all things. Currently set to Low + turned up the textures a bit, I can't be bothered to fiddle with settings more than that for a 10 day trial of a game I won't pay a sub for.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Really curious what this "surprise" they have planned for after maintenance is.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

mushroom_spore posted:

Unless it's a thing specific to AMD for some reason it's probably okay now. I'm playing on an HD 4000 of all things. Currently set to Low + turned up the textures a bit, I can't be bothered to fiddle with settings more than that for a 10 day trial of a game I won't pay a sub for.

Ah, OK then it's probably safe to start playing again as soon as Wildstar is free to play.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Verranicus posted:

I hope it is a new attunement.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

Can't be better than all that reddit drama unless it causes more drama.

:allears:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Everybody currently subscribed is getting a figurine of one of those cat orcs riding a space wolf. Just stop by our office this week to get one!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Apparently Franbunny went on a banning spree on the subreddit and has been removed as a moderator

which brings the official subreddit moderator count to one

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
You should read the thread before posting. It is not moving that fast.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mayor McCheese posted:

Can't be better than all that reddit drama unless it causes more drama.

:allears:

Come on, even if it's Carbine giving every current subscriber an awesome in-game reward as thank you there will be drama, probably because gifts are handouts that truly hardcore players don't need.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Guys, I heard that Carbine was doing some scam to trick people into buying lots of their box copies before going free to play.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

Apparently Franbunny went on a banning spree on the subreddit and has been removed as a moderator

which brings the official subreddit moderator count to one

yea dude, did you also hear that this game called wildstar was a total flop? its freakin hilarious xD

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CoffeeBooze posted:

You should read the thread before posting. It is not moving that fast.

Those of us who don't obsess over WildStar's failure and just come to casually make fun of it don't know every alias of every deluded true believer.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
If you don't know who Franbunny or Olivar are you're not really a hardcore Wildshitter.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Libluini posted:

Yeah they fixed that problem right at the tail end of beta, performance issues still existed on live but whatever was going on there was tied to some beta dev tool stuff. Which is apparently why they never fixed it, they just removed the dev tools from player copies of the game. which is pretty stupid because that just meant that there's tons of people still asking about this performance issue two years later or however long it's been

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
not reading threads is a time honored tradition but how can anyone with even a pasing interest in laughing at wildstar not know about franbunny

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Anatharon posted:

Those of us who don't obsess over WildStar's failure and just come to casually make fun of it don't know every alias of every deluded true believer.

If you casuals don't even have the skill and free time to read back two pages before posting maybe you should go post in a casual thread for babies like the WoW thread.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Anoia posted:

It's cheaper and easier to use a cartoony style. The game can barely handle the basic wow customization style with large groups, anything more would make it burst into flames.
It's worth noting that fellow train wreck MMO Warhammer Online tried the gritty, realistic style and that blew up in their faces since the game couldn't handle the massive PvP battles that Mythic hyped over and over.

The most hilarious part was when they introduced a queue system for Keep or Fort battles, where you could get teleported out of the fight and back at your side's camp if there were too many people already there. In a world PvP zone :v:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Anatharon posted:

Yeah but it was like, the last page of this very thread. 2+ pages behind, I agree gently caress it it might as well not exist, but you gotta at least peruse the last page.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Belzac posted:

Guys, I heard that Carbine was doing some scam to trick people into buying lots of their box copies before going free to play.

You know how some games have gambling lockboxes with a chance at mounts?

Buying a Wildstar box was (or is?) basically the same thing now, but physical.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

It's worth noting that fellow train wreck MMO Warhammer Online tried the gritty, realistic style and that blew up in their faces since the game couldn't handle the massive PvP battles that Mythic hyped over and over.

The most hilarious part was when they introduced a queue system for Keep or Fort battles, where you could get teleported out of the fight and back at your side's camp if there were too many people already there. In a world PvP zone :v:
As big a trainwreck as Warhammer was, it was still the only MMO where PVP was even vaguely fun, at least in the low-level brackets. When they actually worked. :v: It continues to amaze me that no other game has picked up on way they let you have a hostile target and a friendly target, it actually made playing a healer vaguely fun for a change.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rorus Raz posted:

It wasn't really "realistic style." If you take a look at the actual in-game models, appearances are still very stylized. What you're probably talking about is the color palette, which was washed-out and subdued, which gave it more of a "realistic" appearance. Either way, I suspect the major problem was just lovely coding that couldn't handle the massive numbers via animation/model culling, or which leaned too heavily on the CPU. They were stuck in development hell for quite a while, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that their codebase was a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RottenK posted:

not reading threads is a time honored tradition but how can anyone with even a pasing interest in laughing at wildstar not know about franbunny

I didn't know. That is probably because I am not a frequent visitor of reddit or the wildstar forums.

• Locked thread