Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

13/f/cali posted:

My favorite part is how as Reggie's playing the virtual boy he's knocking over everything around him.

THESE GAMES ARE GREAT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: VIDEO ARMAGEDDON :siren:

SUPER

MARIO

BROS...

FOUR!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone tell me what this video is!!! I can't watch it yet.

We're getting a sequel to The Wizard.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I love Nintendo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I love the balance board. It's so bad

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Infinitum posted:

SUPER

MARIO

BROS...

FOUR!

I would avtually cry if that happened

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

We're getting a sequel to The Wizard.

:catstare:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Someone tell me what this video is!!! I can't watch it yet.

Reggie and some people are sitting at a boardroom table, and they say that this year's E3 is going to be bigger than last years with more games and more game developers for the treehouse. Reggie says he want's something more, fantasizes about the 1990 Nintendo World championships, and says he's going to compete. The others say he can't because he's Reggie and he works for nintendo. Reggie says "Not anymore" and puts a little kid in his place to take his job.

There's a several minute montage of Reggie training for the World Championships but then he returns and says he wants his job back. The kid says "What am I supposed to do?" and Reggie asks him if he has any skills. The kid says in Japanese "I speak Japanese". On the way out Reggie bumps into Bill Trinen (Nintendo's spokesperson/translator) and says "You're fired".

TL;DR: It's a funny video in which Nintendo announces they are bringing back the Nintendo World Championships.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd unironically love a Mario Bros. 4. Just a sprite-based digital download game with some kind of fun new gimmicks and cool stages.

If there is a god then we will get some new ridiculous game as the final one in the championship final round

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'd unironically love a Mario Bros. 4. Just a sprite-based digital download game with some kind of fun new gimmicks and cool stages.

If there is a god then we will get some new ridiculous game as the final one in the championship final round

We got Super Mario Bros. 4 already actually.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so glad I saw The Wizard in theater so that I could truly appreciate this event.

One day re-release in AMC theaters with RiffTrax Live

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DOOMocrat posted:

Not worthy of its own thread, but Bill Trinen just announced on Twitter he's not at Nintendo anymore.

Thank God. glad to see that weirdo leave

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVmeM9SUCAM

:runningknighticon:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 13, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I loving love Nintendo.

Sony and Microsoft are going to be showing off CG trailers to games we won't see until 2016, and I'm going to be excited watching live streams of people playing Nintendo games.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Actually Nintendo's treehouse was such a critical hit last year all the Devi are doing it, so Sony and Microsoft will have a ton of gameplay.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

So it will be called Super Mario Bros. 4 everywhere but Japan, where it will be called "Super Mario USA 2"

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I would avtually cry if that happened

I could actually see this happening, except "Super Mario Bros 4" is just a series of pre-made levels that come bundled with Mario Maker.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I want to meet Reggie, Bill, and Tanner at the Nintendo World Championship

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Alxprit posted:

THESE GAMES ARE GREAT!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

I could actually see this happening, except "Super Mario Bros 4" is just a series of pre-made levels that come bundled with Mario Maker.

Holy poo poo this.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Where do I pay all my money for this?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want their conference to be the actual set from The Wizard. Just pure 80s extravaganza. Modern TVs embedded inside old CRT screens, hypercolour tshirts, smoke machines. The works. Reggie is the over the top announcer, and every time a new game is announced one of the screens opens up, and each of the demo guys are the 3 actual child actors from The Wizard Lucas, Jimmy and whats-her-name.

Have the little running knight video playing and the 3 players are Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo's guy just keeps getting further and further ahead.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Was really hoping that footage was going to be from the DKC Competition Cartridge but who knows if nintendo even has any more left.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

I want their conference to be the actual set from The Wizard. Just pure 80s extravaganza. Modern TVs embedded inside old CRT screens, hypercolour tshirts, smoke machines. The works. Reggie is the over the top announcer, and every time a new game is announced one of the screens opens up, and each of the demo guys are the 3 actual child actors from The Wizard Lucas, Jimmy and whats-her-name.

Have the little running knight video playing and the 3 players are Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo's guy just keeps getting further and further ahead.

Uh. You don't really want that considering the guy who played Lucas is a registered sex offender.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Time to guess how long the gameXplain video on the announcement will be. I say 12 minutes.

Turns out its 15 minutes. I was gonna guess 16 but didnt actually post that here.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Is there any indication of how long the single player part of Splatoon is going to be? That's really going to make my decision.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nintendo World Championship is going to be a special version of smash brothers where it's only Final Destination but all items are activated and they drop in an increased amount.

Also you can't pick fox.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

mabels big day posted:

Turns out its 15 minutes. I was gonna guess 16 but didnt actually post that here.

Would have been over anyway, Price Is Right rules buddy.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I respect the Virtual Boy shade.

It's about time Reggie gets a Smash rep or an amiibo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Uh. You don't really want that considering the guy who played Lucas is a registered sex offender.
Well then.. the more you know.

I hope his prison nickname was Powerglove.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I love how self aware Nintendo is with Reggie cheating on the floor pad and blindly knocking things over with the Virtual Boy. They're the best company forever. :allears:

Just a shame Bill's fired. At least he's putting over new talent.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Suspicious Cook posted:

I love how self aware Nintendo is with Reggie cheating on the floor pad and blindly knocking things over with the Virtual Boy. They're the best company forever. :allears:

Just a shame Bill's fired. At least he's putting over new talent.

I assumed that Bill being fired was a joke!!! Noooooooooo!

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

RadicalR posted:

:ssh:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

SUPER

MARIO

BROS...

FOUR!
And it just looks like New Super Mario Bros

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

RadicalR posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

Hold on there, we got more than just 4 Super Mario bros games.

https://youtu.be/kne6AKyYUuM?t=3m4s

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

greatn posted:

Actually Nintendo's treehouse was such a critical hit last year all the Devi are doing it, so Sony and Microsoft will have a ton of gameplay.

Now watch Sony and MS gently caress that up too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Xbox treehouse hosted by Geoff Keighley and sponsored by Mountain Dew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Now watch Sony and MS gently caress that up too.

Nintendo has well known industry vets making appearances on Treehouse because they're the only company still around old enough to do that. Sony and Microsoft will have "that guy" and "that other dude".

Hey, maybe they'll get a celebrity or a musical guest surprise appearance to pick up the slack! :suicide:

• Locked thread