Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Riosan posted:

I swear I will slap the poo poo out of my friends if they choose anything other than Roll With The Changes.

Good news! It was released as DLC in 2009 (arguably the best week of DLC we ever got, no joke) and can be played in both RB2 and RB3! You can slap them right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Thinking about the 'encore' thing, I wonder two things

1) If you vote to not do the encore and the rest of the group agrees on a song, it should drop you out automatically, with the option to pop back in mid song if you so desire.

2) In case of tie vote, does it do first one, then the other, or does it default to "host's choice"

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Allen Wren posted:

First guy I saw do that sort of thing was Howie Day---whose studio recordings are all boring as hell, but the live stuff is just him and a shitload of stacked loops.

J Mascis does loops when he plays solo shows and they're dope as heck of course. My favorite guitarist of all time.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Riosan posted:

I swear I will slap the poo poo out of my friends if they choose anything other than Roll With The Changes.

But that's the fourth best song in that image :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

that's wrong you're wrong

never ever tell plante you think that

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

CzarChasm posted:

2) In case of tie vote, does it do first one, then the other, or does it default to "host's choice"

If it's not "vocalist's choice" it's a pretty weak gig simulator.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Yea, everyone I've played with figured out singers choice back round RB 2, it always made the most sense, you're the one that's gotta belt the stuff out and we're just here to make you sound good so you pick em is what we tell new singers that keep asking "how bout this one? Is this one ok?"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

pksage your bare chest just showed up on my Facebook feed :prepop:

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Pablo Gigante posted:

Just gorgeus.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Yea, everyone I've played with figured out singers choice back round RB 2, it always made the most sense, you're the one that's gotta belt the stuff out and we're just here to make you sound good so you pick em is what we tell new singers that keep asking "how bout this one? Is this one ok?"

I printed out the songs that I have into a little notebook and potential singers can peruse the book while waiting their turn to save time.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Pablo Gigante posted:

What's that, post bare chests in the thread???

My first tattoo, finished six hours ago. The top of the microphone looks a little bit like Canadians from South Park, so I'll probably have them touch it up.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

pksage posted:

My first tattoo, finished six hours ago. The top of the microphone looks a little bit like Canadians from South Park, so I'll probably have them touch it up.

You should have a group of dedicated tattoos fans donate their work and ink in the other mics for the harmonies.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

pksage posted:

What's that, post bare chests in the thread???

Posting here so I can call you a nerd on three different places

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Somehow that's less embarrassing than past pictures from this thread that were only temporary.

Also I guess you have a beard now.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Epi Lepi posted:

J Mascis does loops when he plays solo shows and they're dope as heck of course. My favorite guitarist of all time.

I was actually thinking of that Keller Williams guy that dirty hippies like (Phish fans)

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Kaboobi posted:

that's wrong you're wrong

never ever tell plante you think that

This is a very divisive matter among the aqua team.

Dammit pksage that image is following me around

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 11:31 on May 14, 2015

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

Alakaiser posted:

Dammit pksage that image is following me around

PASTY WHITE NERD POWERS

In other news, the IGN livestream of RB4 gameplay is tomorrow, the 15th, at 3 PM Eastern! Maybe we'll get a song reveal or two.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Bob Log III is pretty heavy on (drum) loops.

RB needs a Bob Log Challenge.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

pksage posted:

PASTY WHITE NERD POWERS

In other news, the IGN livestream of RB4 gameplay is tomorrow, the 15th, at 3 PM Eastern! Maybe we'll get a song reveal or two.

5 songs supposedly!

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

pksage posted:

This makes me wonder - I know that See Three will pull content as needed, but would they do that upon the announcement of a song, or the actual release?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Minidust posted:

This makes me wonder - I know that See Three will pull content as needed, but would they do that upon the announcement of a song, or the actual release?

Announcement.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

farottone posted:

Announcement.
Makes sense. Guess I know what I'm doing during lunch break today!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr Zaius posted:

And for everyone who’s yet to see this artist live it’s unlike any performer in pop right now - he takes the stage alone with just a guitar, just a mic and captivates stadiums without the help of a bunch of stuff goin’ on.

Yeah he just played here in Austin last week and he packed a full stadium and it was just him on stage. Oh and he let someone propose on stage, but it was mostly girls in the audience going crazy for him (i know this because of snapchat a lot of my friends were there).

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/598964935847243776

Welp?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Came here to post that. Looks like the downloadability of old DLC will persist long after the license to sell it expires. This means you will still be able to get old removed DLC in your RB4 as long as you bought it before the license expired.

The only exceptions are songs that encountered extraordinary legal issues and had to be completely deleted from Mictosoft's root marketplace servers (like one of the Snoop Dogg songs, and "Gutiar Sound")

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 14, 2015

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Orange Harrison posted:

Came here to post that. Looks like the downloadability of old DLC will persist long after the license to sell it expires. This means you will still be able to get old removed DLC in your RB4 as long as you bought it before the license expired.

The only exceptions are songs that encountered extraordinary legal issues and had to be completely deleted from Mictosoft's root marketplace servers (like one of the Snoop Dogg songs, and "Gutiar Sound")

It's not exactly breaking news though, they had confirmed this before.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Yeah, this was posted several pages ago...

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Sorry, as far as I had seen, HMX was dodging the direct question and instead saying all previously purchased and removed content was playable in Rock Band 3, without mentioning the sequal.
I kind of stopped closely following RB4 news after the second or third time IGN reposted an old statement as "new details".

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since Rock Band 3 isn't exportable, I'm going to wager a guess and say a big majority of the Rock Band 4 set list will be Rock Band 3 songs. I hope im wrong.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I'm guessing there's zero chance we'll see new export codes for RB2/Lego either.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
My tattoo got posted to the official RB Facebook page, and the top comments are "fake!" and "WHERE IS HIS NIPPLE???" Sometimes it's nice to know the Internet is working properly.

Abu Dave posted:

Since Rock Band 3 isn't exportable, I'm going to wager a guess and say a big majority of the Rock Band 4 set list will be Rock Band 3 songs. I hope im wrong.

This really does not strike me as the kind of thing Harmonix would do.

cronox2 posted:

I'm guessing there's zero chance we'll see new export codes for RB2/Lego either.

I agree, but I could totally see those songs being offered up as DLC packs. We have lots of precedent with the Country Track Packs and Green Day.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

You could just POST YOUR NIPPLE and be done with it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Has anyone actually wiped their customs USB drives to go with the new 360 formatting? Is it worth the effort?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Laserface posted:

You could just POST YOUR NIPPLE and be done with it.

POST THE GODDAMN NIPPLE.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

This post makes no sense. Both Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 have export codes on the manual. Do you come from an alternate universe where RB2 was exportable seven or so months before its sequel came out, and the things happening right now are somehow inconsistent with what happened five years ago?

Edit: PK we are still waiting for your exhibitionist tits

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 15, 2015

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

Abu Dave posted:

With no keys in RB4, I doubt that.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Hey guys. Pksage had asked me to Photoshop the original image because of his condition. I don't know exactly what it's called, he told me some scientific name there. Essentially, he has extra nipple formations on his upper torso. He was embarrassed to post the original but has given me permission to do so now after all the requests. Enjoy.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Marky Mark, eat your heart out.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
I loving swear to God, Nemo

edit:

#nipplegate

pksage fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Orange Harrison posted:

This post makes no sense. Both Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 have export codes on the manual. Do you come from an alternate universe where RB2 was exportable seven or so months before its sequel came out, and the things happening right now are somehow inconsistent with what happened five years ago?

Edit: PK we are still waiting for your exhibitionist tits

To be fair, all the other games have inserts or pages in the manual that are like "Export your songs!" and spell out directions. Just checked my Rock Band 3 manual and it's just an inconspicuous bunch of letter and numbers on the back blank page with out any directions explaining what it does or what it is.