Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
admataY
Oct 16, 2008
When can we expect PC reviews/impression ? We dont know much yet and I am a bit worried, very much excited, possibly a little aroused .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

admataY posted:

When can we expect PC reviews/impression ? We dont know much yet and I am a bit worried, very much excited, possibly a little aroused .

What are you thinking will be different between PC and consoles? Or are you just concerned about performance issues?

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

admataY posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/when-is-our-witcher-3-review-coming/

It seems they're not sending out review code for PC. So... probably the middle of next week.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

tithin posted:

Nothing on importable items?

Can't find a news bit for it - though I think Comte's mentioned it - but they've confirmed that there won't be any.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
We saw some broken pc ports in the past, its not unthinkable that this version might be a bit busted. But on the other hand, Cdprojekt never disappointed me before, at least not with the level of support they give their games post release , im just staying on the cautious side of optimism for now .

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

admataY posted:

The last update we have is that PC review codes might go out on Friday at the earliest or at some point this weekend. Before that we were told it might be next Monday or Tuesday.

For what it's worth, if the game shows up early enough and I'm able to do so I'll share some of my impressions in here.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

When does this game release? Is it going to be as cool as it looks

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bob NewSCART posted:

Playable on the 18th pacific standard time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bob NewSCART posted:

This coming Tuesday and yes.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

tithin posted:

Nothing on importable items?

Confirmed in a recent interview that no equipment carries over.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bob NewSCART posted:

Monday the 18th @ 6pm CST. Yes.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Has anyone tired the Witcher 2 Enhanced Mod Compilation with the 2 skill points per level mod and know if they are compatible at all?

Also if anyone is familiar with it: How do I combine mutagens? I don't see any recipes for it in flotsam.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Poetic Justice posted:

Monday the 18th @ 6pm CST. Yes.

Wait, really? Steam still says ~5 days and 18 hours for me, putting it on a midnight release on the 18th. Does that clock get updated the closer it gets to release? Or does it just not account for custom-timed releases or something?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

All the reviews are suggesting the PS4 can't handle 1080p. I wonder how seriously they considered lowering resolution to 900p for the PS4 version also; consistent framerate (though I don't particularly care if it's 30 or 60 fps) is much more important than resolution IMO. Given that the xbone version runs in 900p (and so they will have worked out all the necessary scaling of UI elements etc), I wish they'd give us the option on the PS4 to make the choice to lower the resolution to improve performance.

Yes, patches will probably improve performance, but it seems unlikely that they'll somehow manage to drastically improve the performance to get rid of slowdowns entirely.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
What's an equivalent nvidia graphics card to what the PS4 uses? Comparable to a 680ti or something? Or is it not at all relatable?

VDay posted:

Wait, really? Steam still says ~5 days and 18 hours for me, putting it on a midnight release on the 18th. Does that clock get updated the closer it gets to release? Or does it just not account for custom-timed releases or something?

It uses one timezone for things, I think, no?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Shakugan posted:

All the reviews are suggesting the PS4 can't handle 1080p. I wonder how seriously they considered lowering resolution to 900p for the PS4 version also; consistent framerate (though I don't particularly care if it's 30 or 60 fps) is much more important than resolution IMO. Given that the xbone version runs in 900p (and so they will have worked out all the necessary scaling of UI elements etc), I wish they'd give us the option on the PS4 to make the choice to lower the resolution to improve performance.

I read somewhere that the xbone uses a dynamic resolution - so when things get hectic, it lowers the res to keep performance up. Sort of surprised the PS4 isn't using something similar.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Drifter posted:

What's an equivalent nvidia graphics card to what the PS4 uses? Comparable to a 680ti or something? Or is it not at all relatable?
I think on paper it's something like a 7870, but those comparisons are kind of pointless.

quote:

It uses one timezone for things, I think, no?
You can have games unlock at different times on steam based on timezones. It's why every once in a while the number of people playing games from Korea skyrockets as thousands of people use VPN's to unlock games a day early.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

VDay posted:

Yeah. Here is a countdown clock
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=The+Witcher+3%3A+Wild+Hunt+release&iso=20150519T01&p1=262

Maybe it's just for GOG releases and steam is doing midnight? I dunno.

edit: more accurate clock

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 14, 2015

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
My countdown says 4 days 11 hours.

E: Oops, it was set for 5 AM, not 5 PM. Now it's 4 days 23 hours.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Mine doesn't even have a countdown?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

black.lion posted:

Mine doesn't even have a countdown?

Maybe this one?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=The+Witcher+3%3A+Wild+Hunt+release&iso=20150519T01&p1=262

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
PS4 version (perhaps all) is available Monday the 18th at 4pm West Coast, 7pm East Coast.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Feenix posted:

PS4 version (perhaps all) is available Monday the 18th at 4pm West Coast, 7pm East Coast.

Yeah, I think it comes out midnight Poland for all.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

So, it's releasing at midnight in Poland on the 19th? That means it'll unlock at 8am here in Sydney. That's cool, I can wake up and get it to finish downloading while I make coffee and breakfast then have the whole day to play!
I'm legit excited now, I've had this on pre-order for so long (and it's the only game I've pre-ordered in years) that I can't quite believe it's nearly here.
Congrats to all the team Comte on all the good reviews and fantastic sales figures so far. Seems like you nailed it!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Those links show two different times for me, stupid time zones. We need to switch over to Swatch Internet Time already.

I ended up looking it up and it looks like the second link is the right one, so 4PM pacific time. Which is pretty loving perfect for me so even more excited now.

e;fb

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Huh, the preload on PS4 is evidently live but I get an error message when I try. Anyone else having their system giving them error CE-37700-7? Apparently Sony's support website has nothing to say about it.

frumpsnake
Jan 30, 2001

The sad part is, he wasn't always evil.
Download something free first. I downloaded the Witcher 3 Theme.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Huh, the preload on PS4 is evidently live but I get an error message when I try. Anyone else having their system giving them error CE-37700-7? Apparently Sony's support website has nothing to say about it.

So this is going to sound retarded but I just did it and it worked; go to the store, search for Driveclub and install the free car addon. Then go back to your library and use the overview download button for Witcher. :shepface:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'll try that, thanks guys.

edit: Yup, that worked. What a weird error.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Don't know if it's been posted but got a 30% off coupon for GMG that will apply to this.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

admataY posted:

We saw some broken pc ports in the past, its not unthinkable that this version might be a bit busted. But on the other hand, Cdprojekt never disappointed me before, at least not with the level of support they give their games post release , im just staying on the cautious side of optimism for now .

I'm confident it'll be just fine. CDPR started out developing for the PC. It isn't like they handed the PC version off to High Voltage Software like MKX or just figured "eh, gently caress it" for the PC version like Pandemic did with Mercenaries 2.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

zen death robot posted:

It'd be nice if the GOG launcher had a download throttle on it

Vote on the feature in the support forum. It's up there on the feature request list.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

quote:

Also, while I did not by any means see every city, burg and outpost in The Witcher 3's world in my 70+ hours spent within it, I don't recall a single non-white humanoid anywhere — not in Skellige, Novograd, Oxenfurt or anywhere else. Once I realized this I couldn't stop looking for any example of a person of color anywhere, and I never found it,

Will need an answer for this before i can with good conscience buy this game

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Depths posted:

Day 2 patch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Depths posted:

It is a game based in a fantasy realm developed by Polish nationals in Poland. Its not a loving conspiracy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The whole franchise has huge racism commentary, just with elves and not black people. But it's polygon so it's probably best not to even humor the clickbait attempt.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

No Mods No Masters posted:

The whole franchise has huge racism commentary, just with elves and not black people. But it's polygon so it's probably best not to even humor the clickbait attempt.

Elf racism as a thing in fantasy settings has never made any sense to me since they are demonstrably superior to humans. "Ha, you elf, you have to stay young and fit for a thousand years... wait". Not that racism ever makes sense; you'd just think that it would be the elves who would control all these societies with immortal dynasties etc. They should all be insanely rich from investments they made centuries ago.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Shakugan posted:

Elf racism as a thing in fantasy settings has never made any sense to me since they are demonstrably superior to humans. "Ha, you elf, you have to stay young and fit for a thousand years... wait". Not that racism ever makes sense; you'd just think that it would be the elves who would control all these societies with immortal dynasties etc. They should all be insanely rich from investments they made centuries ago.

I've always likened Elves to Native American Indians. People close to the earth driven off by foreign imperialist invaders.

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010

Depths posted:

I think that part of the Polygon review is just being silly for the sake of being silly.

Also, it's funny that in this world the humans are the unsophisticated barbarian invaders who imposed their culture and appropiated some of it from the elves (who themselves had conflicts with the dwarves). Only the gnomes and halflings are innocent here.

In other news it seems that the PC options will include the much wanted sharpening filter and options for increasing folliage density and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Shakugan posted:

A race thinking they are "demonstrably superior" isn't great for kindling warm feelings among the untermensch.

• Locked thread