Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i kill the first round of spiders for the first phase since rom doesnt attack during it and then ignore the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

the trick to rom is to trigger the same glitch I came across where when I jumped down all of the baby spiders instantly spawned and didn't use any attacks so I cleared all of them out before initiating the fight. this was on my second playthrough and after the patch that fixed the memory overflow bug so idk what happened there but it was cool.

its always like that

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the old guy in the rocker (wilhelm?) just grunting and pointing at the pier was really loving cool. i wish byrgenwerth was bigger though, given how important it seems

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

its always like that

no I mean all three waves spawned at once

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no I mean all three waves spawned at once

ohhh... my b.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

ohhh... my b.

I should have recorded it, I always forget ps4 can do that. i did take a picture of my character when I v attacked Paarl and flew directly downwards at high velocity

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bloodborne dlc for smash bros confirmed

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tbh i've disliked or hated all of the hunter fights i've done so far. they usually just seem like "find the way to cheese the ai" or "lovely battle of attrition". the souls npc fights always felt a lot more like you were fighting a real-ish person.

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

tbh i've disliked or hated all of the hunter fights i've done so far. they usually just seem like "find the way to cheese the ai" or "lovely battle of attrition". the souls npc fights always felt a lot more like you were fighting a real-ish person.

it's actually the opposite problem where they have infinite stamina/bullets/sometimes vials as NPCs so you can't easily battle of attrition then

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i liked them all but i wish they didnt shoot so much... or they had to use blood bullets just like we do to get extra bullets.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

I loved all of the 1v1 hunter fights because both of us were quickstepping around each other like we were wearing rocket skates

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I loved all of the 1v1 hunter fights because both of us were quickstepping around each other like we were wearing rocket skates

That was me until I got Beast Roar- then I went prjmal on them

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i beat it but i didnt eat the umbilical cords and dont feel like starting over again just yet, so now im playing dark souls 2 sine i never beat it, maybe i'll grab the dlc if i think it'll keep its hold on me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bloodborne pvp is good fun... are u allowed to heal in it though? ive been healing but some ppl seem to go down really easy even though they had time to heal

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

bloodborne pvp is good fun... are u allowed to heal in it though? ive been healing but some ppl seem to go down really easy even though they had time to heal

i dont unless i see the other guy doing it. its about half and half

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i feel like the fights will only last like 10 seconds if u dont heal.. it takes a while to connect + load it seems like its time better spent if everyone heals.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can parry the heal animation. its tricky but cool.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah exactly, its not like theres no counter for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

thats badass

Dec 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

i think people are just unprepared or overly aggressive in PVP and forget to heal a lot of the time

nah, it was a definite thing in previous souls games

Real hurthling! posted:

lol that owns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm thinking about turning off my internet connection for nightmare frontier and then turning it back on later to experience it as a pvp zone :unsmigggh:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I found the Saw Cleaver to be really effective against most of the Hunters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i'm thinking about turning off my internet connection for nightmare frontier and then turning it back on later to experience it as a pvp zone :unsmigggh:

If you find the bell lady and kill her the invasions stop forever

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wow, castle cainhurst has some tough motherfuckers in it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

once you're inside its all super slow ghost ladies. though the flee things outside are is very tough i agree.

Dec 26, 2012

cainhurst outside and cainhurst boss are tough, the inside is pretty tame

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i feel like the fights will only last like 10 seconds if u dont heal.. it takes a while to connect + load it seems like its time better spent if everyone heals.

i think it depends mostly on when you pvp. if your pvping at a low level the damage output is so low that healing can make it boring sometimes

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

dont be a bitch nigga. the bell woman is right near the entrance to the area if you even care. if u kill her just pvp area in ng+

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

cainhurst outside and cainhurst boss are tough, the inside is pretty tame

the gargoyles are pretty tough, and the way they're introduced is really cool

Dec 26, 2012

the gargs are very easy

as long as you know they're there anyhow

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The tick women are hard til you realize they dont know how to turn when you quick sidestep

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

The tick women are hard til you realize they dont know how to turn when you quick sidestep

they're also loving relentless if you try to put distance between you and them

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i feel like they have the fatal weakness of being leashed to a point on the map and unable to chase me as i run past, but i like totally clear areas before i cheese it like that

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
they have a fatal weakness of being trash and suckignn dick!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

they have a fatal weakness of being trash and suckignn dick!!!

I have that same weakness

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

that's my favorite area in the game and I wish it was bigger

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm starting NG+. Doing well so far but I only just beat the Cleric Beast again.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

that's my favorite area in the game and I wish it was bigger

i like it. it's their third snow covered castle, but it's a good one

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

i think it depends mostly on when you pvp. if your pvping at a low level the damage output is so low that healing can make it boring sometimes

do gems not make u do loads of damage no matter what lvl you are? like im only using 20% extra dmg gems i already had from playing through the game btu you can get way better ones than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
as an aside... im still getting invaded on my ng+4 guy with 50 vit, 40 end, 50 str, 50 skill and 40 bloodtinge lol.