Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wordnumber posted:

There's no real way for them to know that there's a lantern right at the start of the next area so I can't really fault them wanting to play it safe. Backtracking through an easy area isn't really bad advice anyway, it just wasn't the most optimal action at that particular moment.

On the other hand it really weird me out how they seem to think Bloodborne's mechanics are magic or something. I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that some enemies can become immune to parries with no indication or that there is some percent chance a parry will fail, and not that there are just attacks that can't be parried or that they are just whiffing the timing.

It's like if someone tried to parry one of Amrstrong's attacks and the timing was off so it didn't work, and they thought "oh well guess the final boss of MGR is immune to parrying then!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

They should realize at this point that the game has been very consistent in giving you a lamp near the start of new zones though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My god, they're never gonna stop pumping Vitality.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wiseblood posted:

They should realize at this point that the game has been very consistent in giving you a lamp near the start of new zones though.

Exactly this. Literally every time they enter a new place there's a lantern RIGHT by you or past a single enemy.

The playthrough is genuinely so bad that it's looping around to being great.

MrAristocrates posted:

This is my favorite. The fact they're getting one shot or decimated by everything proving it's pointless is genuinely funny to me. "drat this NPC took 5/6ths of my health better put more in vit."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It is pretty great that the very first thing they agreed with each other on is that you have to play aggressively, and both of them have been the most passive babby players in the whole world for the whole playthrough. At the beginning in Yharnam they were doing the health regain thing pretty much constantly and got in on the enemies at almost every opportunity and then the SECOND they got out of the town they just, like, stopped.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

MrAristocrates posted:

When you pray to the Coward Gods of Backing Down you need more HP and stamina so you can take more hits and then runaway. Maybe one day Pat will learn to drop the shield in his heart and be offensive.

I really want a Liam ran LP of DeS or DS1 so we can see someone who's a bit more aggressive about these sorts games. Though I guess Plague's run is basically that.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
I said to myself earlier on in the Bloodborne LP that this was going to be a roller coaster of highlights and low lights.

This poo poo in the recent video is something I never thought would be a high point (because of how absurd they're being), that I kinda want it to continue this way.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bloodborne aside, I have to say they have really been killing it with the content recently. Everything they've done has been really entertaining.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wordnumber posted:

On the other hand it really weird me out how they seem to think Bloodborne's mechanics are magic or something. I have no idea how they came to the conclusion that some enemies can become immune to parries with no indication or that there is some percent chance a parry will fail, and not that there are just attacks that can't be parried or that they are just whiffing the timing.

It's basically Mario RPG timed hits all over again

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bloodborne is a satirical series of videos on youtube let's player and also a documentary on how two men can play video games for decades and still fail to understand pattern recognition.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

When you pray to the Coward Gods of Backing Down you need more HP and stamina so you can take more hits and then runaway. Maybe one day Pat will learn to drop the shield in his heart and be offensive.

I really want a Liam ran LP of DeS or DS1 so we can see someone who's a bit more aggressive about these sorts games. Though I guess Plague's run is basically that.

I want a Liam DeS run so he can explain the Anti-Opinion that DeS is the best.

E: Also because if this Aria run is any indication in any of his favorite games Liam is Neo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Bloodborne is a satirical series of videos on youtube let's player and also a documentary on how two men can play video games for decades and still fail to understand pattern recognition.

But this isn't the giant bomb thread

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should do a Scrublords that is just Liam showing these scrubs how to play Bloodborne.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 13, 2015

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Snailborne is the best and only watchable thing to come out of the Bloodborne playthrough

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

In the BB Scrublords video, Liam jumps through the operating room door and lands in the Nightmare of Mensis.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Rodyle posted:

I want a Liam DeS run so he can explain the Anti-Opinion that DeS is the best.
Oh god, I want this so bad because I actually agree with the sentiment.

That, and more Liam on the controls in general. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Aria LP, even as someone with very limited Castlevania experience.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Beef Waifu posted:

I was going to say that maybe deciding to play games at least semi-professionally just makes you terrible at them, but then I watched Liam playing Aria of Sorrow and I guess that must not be the case.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Silentman0 posted:

I liked Portrait of Ruin most. Not any particular reason, just that it was the first Igavania I played. Also cycling between CHARLOTTE and JOHNATHAN was fun.

Did you play Dawn of Sorrow's post-game mode?

JULIUS. YOKO. ARIKADO.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Has there been any video where Liam is driving that he is bad at the game?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Mario rpg and the case of the missing run button

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I kinda want the last 10 episodes of the bloodborne lp to just be Liam's slightly edited down Newgame + run of Bloodborne while Matt just jokes about Pat and Woolie.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

It took him four hours to figure out that there was a run button in Super Mario RPG.

EDIT: I should have refreshed the page before replying, but the point still stands.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 14, 2015

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

A good poster posted:

It took him four hours to figure out that there was a run button in Super Mario RPG.

EDIT: I should have refreshed the page before replying, but the point still stands.

He was also really bad at timing the attacks for most of it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woolie is a snail but Pat is a coward and a cheater

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Rom's a cutie

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"there's two schools of thought" :drat:

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Rodyle posted:

loving destroyed me.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Liam-brand snipes will never not be hilarious. Poor Woolie.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

What's this

Rodyle posted:

from?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BrownThunder posted:

What's this

from?

You should watch the new Sonic video.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Oh boy

it's the best character time

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Rodyle posted:

Man, that silence. :allears:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Liam is apparently the biggest Sonic Adventure fan there is but did not appear to know Tails had a tail attack and defeated every enemy by jumping on them

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

CJacobs posted:

They're extremely low on blood vials because Woolie used so many on their adventure through the swamp/Iosefka's clinic/the lakeside. So they are telling each other not to heal so they can rebuild their stock.

woolie is a huge loving hypocrite, telling pat no more vials after 6 uses when he constantly burns them for no reason. "oh no my health is only 95% better pop a vial!" "o no a trash enemy hit me with a combo and is in its refractory animation, better back off and pop 2 vials instead of killing it and getting most of my health back!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't believe that Liam is that guest from Retsucast that called Sonic Adventure 1 the most emotional video game of all time

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Oh boy

it's the best character time

Gamma IS the best character though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mandrel posted:

Liam is apparently the biggest Sonic Adventure fan there is but did not appear to know Tails had a tail attack and defeated every enemy by jumping on them

Can't you also just throw those freeze things into Chaos instead of waiting for him to suck them up and freeze?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Gamma IS the best character though.

Yeah, that's what I've been saying. Gamma has the most fun levels and gameplay. If this game was just Sonic, Tails and Gamma it would've been perfect.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

woolie is a huge loving hypocrite, telling pat no more vials after 6 uses when he constantly burns them for no reason. "oh no my health is only 95% better pop a vial!" "o no a trash enemy hit me with a combo and is in its refractory animation, better back off and pop 2 vials instead of killing it and getting most of my health back!"

Yeah that and the fact he was telling Pat the vials weren't worth it when Pat was clearly winning were baffling.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What's the star wars thing Woolie described, I forget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

What's the star wars thing Woolie described, I forget.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LhJA7I_8-14