Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Suspicious Cook posted:

Nintendo has well known industry vets making appearances on Treehouse because they're the only company still around old enough to do that. Sony and Microsoft will have "that guy" and "that other dude".

Hey, maybe they'll get a celebrity or a musical guest surprise appearance to pick up the slack! :suicide:

https://twitter.com/OfficialSisQo/status/598340136733114368

Sisqo - Thonghouse.

Thong thathong thong thonghouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

Xbox treehouse hosted by Geoff Keighley and sponsored by Mountain Dew

I heard Geoff Keighley talk about this and somewhat warmed me over to his side. He was doing a thing about video games sponsored by some "gamer-adjacent" products. He got a lot of flack, but he brought up the point of "Would you rather I was sponsored by an actual video game company? Don't you think that would present a conflict of interest?"

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Infinitum posted:

Well then.. the more you know.

I hope his prison nickname was Powerglove.

first lemme hop out the muh fuckin porsche

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Suspicious Cook posted:

Nintendo has well known industry vets making appearances on Treehouse because they're the only company still around old enough to do that. Sony and Microsoft will have "that guy" and "that other dude".

Uh Playstation is 20 years old. Nintendo's console division only has 11 years on Sony.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fremry posted:

Is there any indication of how long the single player part of Splatoon is going to be? That's really going to make my decision.
The collectibles screen they showed in the direct made it look like 27 or 28 levels, however long a level is. Multiplayer seems like their priority though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

homeless snail posted:

The collectibles screen they showed in the direct made it look like 27 or 28 levels, however long a level is. Multiplayer seems like their priority though.

It is, the game pretty much put all it's eggs into the multiplayer basket. The campaign levels are not long and seem to be the average length of all modern shooters.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Uh Playstation is 20 years old. Nintendo's console division only has 11 years on Sony.

But most of their big names in gaming from that era are gone. The only one I can really think of who they still have from then is good ol', batshit insane David Jaffe.
Hell, even today the only major Sony guy I can name besides Kaz is Jaffe.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Similarly, Xbox has been in the home console almost fifteen years at this point.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

:siren: REAP IN PROGRESS :siren:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

oddium posted:

:siren: REAP IN PROGRESS :siren:
Yeah, we got a Reap In Progress in the I-Page-702. Please prepare your taints, turn on your hazard lights and expect some delay in good discussion.

Back to you, oddium.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
My taint is exposed.

Would be really cool if they surprise announce a new game people have to play for the Nintendo World Championship.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

katkillad2 posted:

My taint is exposed.

Would be really cool if they surprise announce a new game people have to play for the Nintendo World Championship.

What about real life Mario?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If they're bringing back the World Championships, can they also bring back the only 2 things in life that matter-icus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k43xdmAc3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_WFwbOg6N0

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

What about real life Mario?

THAT POOR MAN, MARIO IS AN rear end in a top hat.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Apparently Waru Waru Plaza plays a special tune on your birthday. :unsmith:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Help Im Alive posted:

Xbox treehouse hosted by Geoff Keighley and sponsored by Mountain Dew

What, no Doritos?

Infinitum posted:

https://twitter.com/OfficialSisQo/status/598340136733114368

Sisqo - Thonghouse.

Thong thathong thong thonghouse

Wait, what? When was the last decade anyone gave a poo poo about Sisqo?

raditts fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 14, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SilverSupernova posted:

But most of their big names in gaming from that era are gone. The only one I can really think of who they still have from then is good ol', batshit insane David Jaffe.
Hell, even today the only major Sony guy I can name besides Kaz is Jaffe.

Most of Sony's big name second and third parties are still around and kicking.

You know unlike Rare

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

katkillad2 posted:

My taint is exposed.

I think it's extremely reasonable to think this (or for it to be how they finally actually reveal Star Fox) the NWC happens the day before the E3 Digital Presentation, so they can showcase brand new game's first level or something and go "If you want to know more about this amazing brand new game then don't forget to tune in tomorrow for our E3 Presentation!"

Also i'm sure Splatoon will be in the NWC since the best buy qualifiers start the day after it launches.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

greatn posted:

I heard Geoff Keighley talk about this and somewhat warmed me over to his side. He was doing a thing about video games sponsored by some "gamer-adjacent" products. He got a lot of flack, but he brought up the point of "Would you rather I was sponsored by an actual video game company? Don't you think that would present a conflict of interest?"

... no?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think it's extremely reasonable to think this (or for it to be how they finally actually reveal Star Fox) the NWC happens the day before the E3 Digital Presentation, so they can showcase brand new game's first level or something and go "If you want to know more about this amazing brand new game then don't forget to tune in tomorrow for our E3 Presentation!"

Also i'm sure Splatoon will be in the NWC since the best buy qualifiers start the day after it launches.

You're probably right, but I really hope not.

I'd rather the competition consist of games that the public has already had at least three months to get good at.

So, how's the Splatoon demo? Is it pretty close to the final game? Could one get good at Spaltoon by playing the demo over and over?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Spectacle Rock posted:

You're probably right, but I really hope not.

I'd rather the competition consist of games that the public has already had at least three months to get good at.

So, how's the Splatoon demo? Is it pretty close to the final game? Could one get good at Spaltoon by playing the demo over and over?

The demo was only for three one hour blocks. I only played for two and I'm already extremely good at it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Spectacle Rock posted:

There was like 2 stages, 4 available weapons, and it was only available for one hour, three times. But the brief time I played it, it was very very fun. I'm staying optimistic about a community sticking around for the game and keeping it going. I know a lot of people are expecting the game to kind of just die after a few months but I think it's got a lot of potential. Simply covering poo poo in paint is just so satisfying, even ignoring attacking other players.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Nintendo's plan of slowly rolling out the new maps every two or three weeks and a new mode once enough players level up and then another new mode again when more players level up is a pretty good incentive to get people to keep playing.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Battle Network 3 is primed for the Virtual Console tomorrow, right? When do new games usually go up?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Alabaster White posted:

Battle Network 3 is primed for the Virtual Console tomorrow, right? When do new games usually go up?

I think its Noon central time. (i'm bad at time zones and that's when I always check the eshop.)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

How many of those games did they wind up making, anyway? I felt like they started getting pretty bad after #2.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Six. Personally I thought the only bad one of the bunch was 4, with 3 and 6 being the best, some of the more annoying gimmicks of 3 aside. 6 definitely has the best form system, since you just pick from a list at the Custom menu rather than getting one style selection/reward every 100 battles or activating Souls with chips.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

raditts posted:

How many of those games did they wind up making, anyway? I felt like they started getting pretty bad after #2.

It went up to 6 with 3-6 getting 2 versions each.

Also it got a spinoff for the DS, which had 3 games that also had 2 versions, except for the first which had 3.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And speaking of the DS spinoff/sequel series in case it ever gets put on the VC, Starforce 1 is okay but very barebones compared to the later BN games, 2 is poo poo, and 3 is an amazingly broken game in a fun way.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm playing through Xenoblade for the first time on my Wii U and it's a really fun game but if I ever hear the word Monado again after this I'm going to stab someone.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

raditts posted:

2, 3: Blue, and 6 are the best ones. 1 is too rough to be fun, 4 was rushed to hell and back, while 5 is acceptable but still recovering from the epileptic fit that was 4. Also, it had the incredibly polarizing Liberation Missions.

I'm happy about what they do with the VC releases: they just flat out give you event/version exclusive chips from the start, since you obviously can't trade anymore. This way you can 100% the games without using a code and risk tripping the game's extremely sensitive anti-cheat measures.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm going to partake in the next reaping of the taint.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kid, you don't have what it takes to reap taints with the pros.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I've just reaped your taint

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I heard that the Train Reaping Championships are coming back guys.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Astro7x posted:

I want to be THE Train Reaper of 2015.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Astro7x posted:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

jivjov posted:

I think its Noon central time. (i'm bad at time zones and that's when I always check the eshop.)

I think it's Noon EST/9am PST. I could be wrong but I remember it updating at Noon for those of us on the east coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if you do something like this you gotta take it all the way. change the tag line, photoshop some relevant stuff in

• Locked thread