Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol the one shelf has sagged to the point that the books have become structural

load-bearing books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Majorian posted:

Yeah, but my highest duty is to my joke, which LorrdErnie so callously ruined!!!:doom:

Also, one dead tree for a lovely manga is a tragedy. A million dead trees for lovely mangas is a statistic.

I read all my manga online, and before you try to get smart with me, my entire home is self powered using a stationary bicycle and my incredibly muscular thighs.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

load-bearing autist books

Stop that ya piece of poo poo

Edit: oh, you did, sorry :shobon:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Stop that ya piece of poo poo

i'm sorry i edited it out

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

also how is it that anime/manga, a genre where sexual harassment played for laughs is a literal staple, still seems to be not as bad as superhero comics which apparently just have female characters get raped constantly?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I read all my manga online, and before you try to get smart with me, my entire home is self powered using a stationary bicycle and my incredibly muscular thighs.

Translation: you are homeless, only have a bicycle, and read manga at the public library. Got it.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Majorian posted:

Oh shut up. Nobody cares about getting the accurate number of trees killed, you silly goony-goon.

Trees are big

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
SFT posting in her sleep.

or are we all just her dream

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

also how is it that anime/manga, a genre where sexual harassment played for laughs is a literal staple, still seems to be not as bad as superhero comics which apparently just have female characters get raped constantly?

It isn't better, and the Japanese are gross as gently caress w/r/t women's treatment.
I still like anime/manga, but don't delude yourself about how wretched a lot of it is.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
have any chat thread regulars dreamed about the chat thread

show your sel(ves?)f

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

LorrdErnie posted:

Trees are big

Yes. I am aware of that. Don't be pedantic when people are joking.:ssh:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Sharkie posted:

we;ll no i'm ambien posting, which i should instead be going to sleep

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Sharkie posted:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

icantfindaname posted:

I think the rape stuff in anime/manga is more niche, but every season or so there's some anime ADTRW collectively frowns on because it decides to use rape as a plot point or tension builder without addressing the aftermath at all. There's some bad poo poo in mainstream anime/manga though.

Fairy Tail is aimed at too much of a broad demographic to have actual rape, but it has a ton of threatened rape, humiliation stripping of female characters, torture of half naked/ fully naked female characters, just gross stuff in general. Probably on par with most of DC's missteps.

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

tough guy yakuza baddies sure do love scotch.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Alligator Horse posted:

tough guy yakuza baddies sure do love scotch.

It's never the good stuff though. Le sigh...

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

Majorian posted:

It's never the good stuff though. Le sigh...

hahaha yeah in Tokyo Drifter the drink of choice is Cutty Sark. Like what the hell.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Majorian posted:

Yes. I am aware of that. Don't be pedantic when people are joking.:ssh:
I think it's funny you're mad about this

I am also amused by the mental image of an ent being like, "I wonder whatever happened to Larry?" and then having to find out he's like 300 lovely sci-fi books

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Alligator Horse posted:

hahaha yeah in Tokyo Drifter the drink of choice is Cutty Sark. Like what the hell.

It just goes to show, moral turpitude leads to drinking bad poo poo, and drinking bad poo poo leads to moral turpitude.:colbert:

LorrdErnie posted:

I think it's funny you're mad about this

Nah, not mad, just commenting on goony impulses.:wink:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
let us frack the middle east

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

haha okay

edit: this works for both posts above mine

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

well now i just want to read god emperor of dune :mad:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
it's dumb that sentient trees are always wise and patient. they should be bumbling, stumbling, comic relief.

"Lo, it is said that in this ancient grove the very trees walk, and speak"...cut to an ent running in circles trying to get a woodpecker off his back while a bunch of them point and laugh saying "hurr hurr he done gettin pecked gud"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am upset there are not more pre-made animated version of thumpers so I could easily do a write up for fracking saudia arabia with those images inline

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Can you get a miniature David Lynch riding that, by chance?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Sharkie posted:

it's dumb that sentient trees are always wise and patient. they should be bumbling, stumbling, comic relief.

"Lo, it is said that in this ancient grove the very trees walk, and speak"...cut to an ent running in circles trying to get a woodpecker off his back while a bunch of them point and laugh saying "hurr hurr he done gettin pecked gud"

oakay, quit your birching and do something about it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spaceman Future! posted:

Yeah, don't just pine for a solution.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spaceman Future! posted:

Majorian posted:

Yeah, don't just pine for a solution.

You're ashking for a lot, but I'll cedar what I can do. :effort:

I am upset there are not more pre-made animated version of thumpers so I could easily do a write up for fracking saudia arabia with those images inline

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
gently caress, I've had Holy Diver stuck in my head all day and not even listening to it five times in a row has driven it out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

gently caress you more dune

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

don't complain about a good situation? :shrug:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Awww!:3: I won't be able to read the book or watch the movie in the same way again!

Our apartment is next to a protected wildlife area, so we get super-cute bunnies roaming around the complex all the time.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Swan Oat posted:

have any chat thread regulars dreamed about the chat thread

show your sel(ves?)f

nah

chat thread is enough of a dream as is

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

gently caress you more dune

These are really amazing, but I totally thought that was a menorah in the Baron's hand.:laugh:

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

gently caress, I've had Holy Diver stuck in my head all day and not even listening to it five times in a row has driven it out.

so when you get to the line "oh what's be-coooming of meeee" you can't help but apply it to yourself?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Swan Oat posted:

don't complain about a good situation? :shrug:

I wouldn't mind except I kept finding myself sing the first verse out loud at work and I think my coworkers heard me.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Listen 2 the Pat Boone version for proper exorcism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk5yHDXWz5Y

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

nah

chat thread is enough of a dream as is

"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true dream world, and in here is the dream." -blue dude from the Retarded Forum for Assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

oh man the five year anniversary of dio's death is on saturday :smith:

• Locked thread