Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
League armor can stop sniper rounds but Diggle can waste 50 ninjas with a pistol

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Must be a better quality armor than the mooks wear.

cut to Diggle killing dozens of them with his assault rifle

edit: wait hold how how is Barrow the new Ras now? He didn't have to kill his whole city. Merlyn stop cheating the ascension rules. :argh:

He actually did earthquake and destroy the glades and kill like 500 people there. I think that's where he was originally from?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

He actually did earthquake and destroy the glades and kill like 500 people there. I think that's where he was originally from?

Sorry he did that before trying to claim the title. Doesn't count. Also he didn't kill nearly enough people to qualify. :colbert:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
if killing a couple hundred people in your hometown was enough to qualify you for Ra's, I think Ollie covered that in Season 1

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Killed

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Sorry he did that before trying to claim the title. Doesn't count. Also he didn't kill nearly enough people to qualify. :colbert:

his own son, hats probably the most important one.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

quote:

How did you expect to survive the plane crash? You didn't. You were planning on dying.

[Commercial]

So that was your big plan? Sacrificing yourself to take out Ras?

This felicity dialogue was the worst part of the episode. This all come right after Oliver tells her what a happened so the show essentially says the same thing 4 or 5 different ways just to really drive it home.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Tonight felt a lot more like classic Arrow. High stakes poo poo going down, people making bold decisions, and somebody is gonna be dropping bodies.

Can I say something weird about it? I'm happy.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Ahahahahahaha

This episode kept up the pace, at least.

Pfffffft.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope diggles new identity concealment is a T shaped mask and he embroiders "Fair Play" on the back of his jacket.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Bad Moon posted:

Tonight felt a lot more like classic Arrow. High stakes poo poo going down, people making bold decisions, and somebody is gonna be dropping bodies.

Can I say something weird about it? I'm happy.

This was a decent episode, it was just dragged down by what came before.

Nyssa is still alive and Oliver deserves to be happy for a while dammit, and while I would have liked a little more about where we are going next season I'll hold out hope that they successfully course correct.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Decent finale that didn't make up for a hugely uneven season. Pales in comparison to AoS's finale last night. I have hope for Flash at least. Maybe they can fix things in season 4? I still wish they killed Barrowman off. It's nice that they paid lip service to the fact that Ollie and Nyssa hates him in like 2 seconds after an entire season of working Barrowman.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Best part was Felicity saving him.

Also I liked him just breaking down in Hong Kong, I like that Oliver really does just go completely punisher.

Also I doubt Palmers dead, its just a setback.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 04:38 on May 14, 2015

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

greatn posted:

I hope diggles new identity concealment is a T shaped mask and he embroiders "Fair Play" on the back of his jacket.

"Black Driver" will ride in Season 4.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

edit: wait hold how how is Barrow the new Ras now? He didn't have to kill his whole city. Merlyn stop cheating the ascension rules. :argh:
He got the all-important Finger Thing that I don't particularly recall being noteworthy in any earlier episodes.

Highlight was Barry's "Alright" after tying up the League assassins.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crowsbeak posted:

Best part was Felicity saving him.

Also I liked him just breaking down in Hong Kong, I like that Oliver really does just go completely punisher.

Also I doubt Palmers dead, its just a setback.

He's going to be shrunken down with cartoon black smoot on his face, cough once, and be like THAAAAAT'S SCIENCE! :iamafag:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Chokes McGee posted:

He's going to be shrunken down with cartoon black smoot on his face, cough once, and be like THAAAAAT'S SCIENCE! :iamafag:

That what would be great.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Slamhound posted:

He got the all-important Finger Thing that I don't particularly recall being noteworthy in any earlier episodes.

This was one of the funniest parts.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah I'm thinking he successfully shrunk the entire room, which made the rest of the floor explode due to the sudden change in structural integrity.

My thoughts on the season as a whole:

There was a good idea at the heart of season 3, namely that Oliver has no loving idea what he's doing and really hasn't since the end of the first season. He thought he knew, but being a symbol people look up to was way more difficult than he thought it would be, and finally it all came to a head when he tried to martyr himself for MAH CITY for the fiftieth time and everyone called him out on how dumb this attitude is. The writing fumbled hugely in the execution of this idea however, and the whole thing ended up as a confused mess where Merlyn is part of the team, now he's not, then he is again, Ra's is the main villain, now he's actually reasonable, no wait he wants to kill everyone in Starling City because ~tradition~. It's one thing to have a good jumping off point, but you still have to successfully jump off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just a prophecy, not a rule.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah I'm thinking he successfully shrunk the entire room, which made the rest of the floor explode due to the sudden change in structural integrity.

I think it's a legitimate explosion but he was time saved by Rip Hunter to join the spin-off.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So when they said "someone's gonna die for reals no takebacks" they were talking about RAS? Sheesh.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It's just a prophecy, not a rule.
"You must slay the Demon Head, marry my daughter, sire an heir, annihilate the city of your birth, cut off all ties to your former life, and be resurrected in the waters of the Lazarus Pit."

"Or...OR!!!"

"Take this Thing and put it over your finger. No, your Main Finger."

"Atta boy!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The whole destroy your hometown was only to ascend. You can also just kill Ra's.

The League doesn't know who ganked Ra's, Merlyn has the proof so they believe him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

The whole destroy your hometown was only to ascend. You can also just kill Ra's.

The League doesn't know who ganked Ra's, Merlyn has the proof so they believe him.

Then double dick move by Oliver giving it to Merlyn instead of say, Nyssa.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think Nyssa would have accepted it that way.

Plus they had made the deal and Oliver sticks to his word and all that.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Proof = Finger Thing

It's like a Chinese Finger Trap only not Chinese and not a Trap. But definitely a Finger.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"Oh this? :smug: It's my crown. Here, pull my finger."

*pulls fingercrown off accidentally*

"USURPER!!!!!!"

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

TheLakers posted:

I hope Ray is shrunken for the entire next season of Arrow/Legends/Flash

An entire season of Sword of the Atom, with Ray fighting bugs, vermin, and dust bunnies in an attempt to get to his backup tech down the hall and return to normal size.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Yeah Barry could have put the smack down on Ra's in seconds. Why wasn't that plan number 1.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
So Ollie joins the Russian Mafia in Coast City and meets Hal Jordan who, before he was a disappearing test pilot, was just a crummy test pilot who accidentally dumps Ollie onto Lian Yu on a transpacific flight.

Also any Ollie or Thea scene where they talk with Merlyn is 10x better if you picture Tommy's ghost in the corner, watching in mortified frustration.

Windows 98 posted:

Yeah Barry could have put the smack down on Ra's in seconds. Why wasn't that plan number 1.

The Barry becomes Ra's Al Ghul and gets to keep an agonizing secret from Iris West again

tin can made man fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 14, 2015

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

greatn posted:

Not to bash him, but Diggle just isn't smart enough to be Mister Terrific. Given his role as the team's resident gunhaver he'd be more suited to Vigilante or Crimson Avenger.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think Nyssa would have accepted it that way.

Plus they had made the deal and Oliver sticks to his word and all that.

Why would Nyssa even return to the League? Why would Oliver even honor his end of the deal and not just kill Merlyn for killing Sara? Why not let Nyssa kill Merlyn at Thea's loft?

Hell, why even have the cops shoot and hit Oliver, only for him to come out totally unharmed due to bullshit magic armor?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I saw article about this finale killing a character off for good. Surely they had to mean like, ra's right? Because there's no way Ray died like that, it would be incredibly lame. Or he got saved a half a sec before by Rip, or we're gonna get alternate timeline shenanigans thanks to Barry and maybe keep the alternates?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

tin can made man posted:

The Barry becomes Ra's Al Ghul and gets to keep an agonizing secret from Iris West again

Baz al Ghul would have been the best thing.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope next season Ray's story is a 22 episode version of Honey I Shrunk The Kids, with his plots tying in to all the other plots without the others ever realizing it.

Nameless Pete posted:

Not to bash him, but Diggle just isn't smart enough to be Mister Terrific. Given his role as the team's resident gunhaver he'd be more suited to Vigilante or Crimson Avenger.

"I'm no hero, Oliver. I'm just plain old John Stewart Diggle."

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

tin can made man posted:

Also any Ollie or Thea scene where they talk with Merlyn is 10x better if you picture Tommy's ghost in the corner, watching in mortified frustration.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This...god. This was such a cringeworthy finale. Literally every single plot thread ends with a whimper. Well, except for Ray's I guess.

And how the hell did Oliver end up beating Ra's this time, especially after Ra's had already beaten him again? Gumption?

Good riddance, Arrow season 3. Laurel was the best part of you and that's hella sad. At least it won't be hard for season 4 to top this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Only good parts of the finale were Ray imploding and the Lances scene and Nyssa. The rest was mostly not terrible, it was just there. I wish I'd seen this before the Agents of Shield finale cause it's just paling compared to that.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Only good parts of the finale were Ray imploding and the Lances scene and Nyssa. The rest was mostly not terrible, it was just there. I wish I'd seen this before the Agents of Shield finale cause it's just paling compared to that.

I really liked Felicity saving Oliver, it felt nice to see her as fully part of the action in some way.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
The finale and overall season were so terrible I actually started to fantasize about Arrow being canceled, and Amell becoming a regular part of The Flash, maybe some cameos on Supergirl and Legends. Diggle becomes Green Lantern, and everyone else besides those two just disappears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know if it was because I got to binge-watch Seasons 1 and 2 and watched this season as it aired, but I found it a really frustrating affair and I'm still inordinately pissed off that Malcolm continues to bewilderingly get given free passes by all the characters for zero reason (though I love Barrowman) and he ends this season getting everything he ever wanted after murdering 500 people in cold blood, psychologically torturing Ollie and Thea's mother for decades, and brainwashing Thea into murdering Sarah. I kept waiting for Ollie to say,"And now that I've accomplished everything I wanted to do..... your usefulness is over" and slap Merlyn in handcuffs and drop him off with Captain Lance to actually face up to his crimes (and if he escapes, at least he's out on his own terms and not getting passes from the main cast for zero reason).

The seasons are too long (Gotham, Flash and Agents of SHIELD all suffer the same problem, they feel like 2-3 seasons cramped into one, 20+ episodes per season is just silly) and I think I'm just gonna wait till the end of season 4 and just watch it all over the course of a week or so like I did for season 1 & 2 - at least that way I don't have to deal with the stretched-out pacing.

• Locked thread