Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Unmature posted:

Man, I wish I didn't hate MOBAs.
They are the dumbest poo poo ever but goddamn I guess I have to start playing them now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Zsinjeh posted:

They are the dumbest poo poo ever but goddamn I guess I have to start playing them now

Or you could just listen to the recording of the dialog and skip the game and be infinitely happier.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

No I'm going to be a Jerry about this, there is no other possible way.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Dota is the perfect crossover with Rick and Morty, because everyone who plays it is as misanthropic as Rick and as stupid as Morty.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I remember a few years back our college had a LAN party and a group of guys were in literal screaming and throwing keyboard rage from playing MOBA back when they started making the rounds on the internet. This was at a party with well over a hundred people milling about. Granted they were already the token douches but it instantly formed my opinion on those games.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Sounds like they need to make a Rick and Morba

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

AxeManiac posted:

Sounds like they need to make a Rick and Morba

What about

and

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I got 2 copies of the comic at Emerald city comic con, the con special cover and the varient 'sketch cover'.

The comic is pretty good at channeling the cartoon, but its too short so it'll leave you hanging.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Blackchamber posted:

I got 2 copies of the comic at Emerald city comic con, the con special cover and the varient 'sketch cover'.

The comic is pretty good at channeling the cartoon, but its too short so it'll leave you hanging.

what's it look like? Having trouble finding it

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

what's it look like? Having trouble finding it

Its on the con's exclusives page http://emeraldcitycomicon.com/other-exclusives/ near the bottom of the page. One of the better ones in my opinion, I've seen the other versions online and this one imo is the best since it's the most 'get money gently caress bitches' of em all.

I'll post my sketch cover copy later. They drew Rick drinking a beer with a Morty on the side. One thing that did bring me down a little was they had to refer to the comic for nearly every sketch to remember what they looked like and even joked about it. I was going to ask for either a picture of Squanchy or Bird person but I don't think they would have known who they were. Still very happy a comic is being done at all and this will definitely be going on my wall.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 1, 2015

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Man, I hope the DotA dudes aren't paying Justin money for this poo poo. Holy god.
It's funny as poo poo and also super cringe worthy.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

BambooEarpick posted:

It's funny as poo poo and also super cringe worthy.

That's pretty much Justin in general.

I got the comic from this place, if you want to order it online: http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Rick-Morty-BAM-Exclusive-Variant/CJ-Cannon/9781492471356?id=6276365441971

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Heres the sketch cover as promised.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

the post in which i link to a reddit post about a leaked clip of season 2.

http://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/30k3fe/dont_even_trip_dawg_i_got_your_back_drivein_clip/

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I only watched the first two minutes to avoid spoiling to much, but it's looking pretty great so far. A Jerry crèche, jesus christ.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dope.

Super dope.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Has anybody read the Rick & Morty comic yet? I saw issue one pop up on Comixology today but I'm wondering if it's any good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not yet, but you just reminded me I need to go and pick it up.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

Kwyndig posted:

Has anybody read the Rick & Morty comic yet? I saw issue one pop up on Comixology today but I'm wondering if it's any good.

I picked up the book from Comixology as soon as I saw it was on sale. I'll second Blackchamber's sentiments, the book is a tonal fit with the show and is definitely a good read but it's too short to really tell if it will live up to the series. Personally, the news segments at the end of the first story felt like a wonderful half-assed joke Roiland would come up with and definitely sold me on the fact that the authors know exactly what they are doing. If they keep this up, it will be a great companion piece to the show.

masteraero fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 2, 2015

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Thanks for the reminder. Just picked up a copy to read (along with Nonplayer :woop:)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I drove 40 minutes to a big comic/movie/toy shop only to come back empty handed.

Look, I don't ever read comics, but do you have to ask the place to order them before hand? I figured they'd just be there. Being a product.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

Look, I don't ever read comics, but do you have to ask the place to order them before hand? I figured they'd just be there. Being a product.
I guess it can happen for somewhat obscure products.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I drove 40 minutes to a big comic/movie/toy shop only to come back empty handed.

Our local shop had it :shrug: and I live in a small town.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

CelticPredator posted:

If it's something not from the big two, I always call beforehand because it's never a sure thing and I don't want to waste a trip.It's possible that they did stock it, and it sold out super quick, or it just wasn't available due to a super late shipment. Did you ask the guy behind the counter?

The market with smaller and independent publishers had pretty much exploded over the past few years, and a lot of brick and mortars are never sure whats going to sell and what isn't, so they might not even had the shelf space for it.

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 2, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CelticPredator posted:

You should have submitted the Diamond order form with your LCS months ago.
:goonsay:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

You really Jerry'd the hell out that one

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would never order a c-comic boook you *urrrrrrp* nerds! It should've been presented to me!

But anyway, no I didn't ask. I was just going to check another shop today, which I'm about to do right now!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

CelticPredator posted:

I would never order a c-comic boook you *urrrrrrp* nerds! It should've been presented to me!

But anyway, no I didn't ask. I was just going to check another shop today, which I'm about to do right now!

Yeah, ya gotta ask, especially for something obscure like that. A lot of comic shop owners run their shop more like a hobby rather than a business, so things like "the products should be placed out on shelves, easily locatable by the customer" are sometimes crazy foreign concepts to them. (yes I'm exaggerating, there's any number of semi-legit reasons why stuff wouldn't be placed out for sale yet, like they just haven't gotten around to it or they forgot they ordered them)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Don't they put sequential images on computers nowadays? Is the comic available somewhere on there?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Last Chance posted:

Don't they put sequential images on computers nowadays? Is the comic available somewhere on there?

https://www.comixology.com/Rick-Morty/comics-series/39826?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2JyZWFkY3J1bWJz

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

XboxPants posted:

Yeah, ya gotta ask, especially for something obscure like that. A lot of comic shop owners run their shop more like a hobby rather than a business, so things like "the products should be placed out on shelves, easily locatable by the customer" are sometimes crazy foreign concepts to them. (yes I'm exaggerating, there's any number of semi-legit reasons why stuff wouldn't be placed out for sale yet, like they just haven't gotten around to it or they forgot they ordered them)

Huh. I had no idea. I found a copy though, last one on the shelf so it worked out. I think I'll ask that big shop to start carrying them.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
O.....k

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh god it's the family guy crossover all over again. :psyduck:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I read somewhere that it's just a couch gag?

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Relax, it is only the couch gag that was announced at NYCC.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"Rick Sanchez, meet Jay Sherman the Critic!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If Rick met the Simpsons, it would only be to use his laser gun to put them all out of their misery.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Justin Roiland is actually going to replace every Harry Shearer character now that he's gone.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

If Rick met the Simpsons, it would only be to use his laser gun to put them all out of their misery.
I hope that rick or morty just lays into the simpsons and says all the poo poo every other simpsons watcher has been saying since post season 9-13.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Ooooo, timeley.

Have you guys been watching the new community?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jack Gladney posted:

"Rick Sanchez, meet Jay Sherman the Critic!"

If you don't want The Critic to show up in the Season 2 version of Rixty Minutes, man, I don't even know.

• Locked thread