Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Sombrerotron posted:

I've still got several referral rewards to go, so here's my code: http://www.swtor.com/r/wc6Db8

I used the link on the front for referall. Is that still good? More imprtantly how would I know? My login page when I c liked it said a name but no other confirmation about amazing prizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Casyl posted:

Only the fleet and maybe ship travel are useless, since if you want to go to a specific planet, you still have to do stronghold -> ship -> (sometimes) airlock - > orbital station -> planet. I cannot understand why they decided to add airlocks and orbital stations, it's just 2 more places you have to travel through to get to your destination.

They also use the part between the station and your ship for a few missions, though they could have used hangars. Why they have to put the shuttle down to the planet so far away from the ships however is dumb.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah I wasn't playing with that. I transferred a couple hundred basic comms to her and just regeared every 10 levels (60 comms replaces everything in your orange gear, so 120 with companion).

Eh I actually twinked the character out with 500 basic comms and meant to fully gear him out at 15 but just kept rolling through DK once I realized a lack of gear wasn't holding me back. At this point it's like that episode of Seinfeld where they keep driving the car with the gas gauge on E...I just want to see how far I can take it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Doctor Borris posted:

I used the link on the front for referall. Is that still good? More imprtantly how would I know? My login page when I c liked it said a name but no other confirmation about amazing prizes.

What are the referral rewards, anyway? If I posted mine, would any kindly goon sirs use it to get me free stuff?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fuzz posted:

What are the referral rewards, anyway? If I posted mine, would any kindly goon sirs use it to get me free stuff?

Just don't turn it into a referral chain. This thread is repetitive enough to be 3 pages of people posting links that no one clicks. There's a thread on Reddit and the official forums for that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Which class has the best referral story

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I've just done the tiny class story bit for the Trooper on Rishi and between that, the Trooper main story, and the Knight's story, I'm starting to root for the Empire. Why, sure, let's use every bit of alien tech we don't understand and build super weapons with it, what could go wrong? Oh. It went wrong you say? Well, 50th time's the charm, I'm sure.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hulk Smash! posted:

I've just done the tiny class story bit for the Trooper on Rishi and between that, the Trooper main story, and the Knight's story, I'm starting to root for the Empire. Why, sure, let's use every bit of alien tech we don't understand and build super weapons with it, what could go wrong? Oh. It went wrong you say? Well, 50th time's the charm, I'm sure.

The Trooper mini-story on Rishi is legitimately hilarious.

Yeah we stuck some of that there Rakata tech into a bunch of dudes and for some crazy reason they flipped out and started killing people so we need you to go fix that for us please.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

The Trooper mini-story on Rishi is legitimately hilarious.

Yeah we stuck some of that there Rakata tech into a bunch of dudes and for some crazy reason they flipped out and started killing people so we need you to go fix that for us please.

And by "fix" we mean kill everyone. We're not going to bother trying to save our people. What are we, the good guys?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yeah it's a real "lesser of two evils" situation for sure.

On the one hand you have a crumbling alliance of bumbling politicians who keep accidentally creating universe-threatening superweapons (but with the best of intentions, probably) and on the other hand you have an empire whose entire political system is literally based on racism and backstabbing and the guy at the top is really only in it so he can consume the entire universe

So I guess you could say the republic is slightly better

I am hoping that when the writers get around to writing the "oh right, these two factions are supposed to be at war with each other, not allied against a common threat" story again, it gets more interesting now that the emperor's motivations are in the open and everybody knows about it, not just the player in the Jedi Knight story.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

How long is 55-60 content? I kinda can't force myself to continue after 55 now that magical superfun bonus is gone. :(

Also, I never played through makeb before but judging by the super-OP bolster am I correct in assuming it was absolutely horrible when released?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

cthulhoo posted:

How long is 55-60 content? I kinda can't force myself to continue after 55 now that magical superfun bonus is gone. :(

Also, I never played through makeb before but judging by the super-OP bolster am I correct in assuming it was absolutely horrible when released?

You plough through it really quickly if you haven't done the Shadow of Revan prelude quests.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

You plough through it really quickly if you haven't done the Shadow of Revan prelude quests.

Yeah it's honestly not a whole lot different from 12xp in the "you hit the level cap just by doing the story content" department.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Still feels like it drags. It took ~4 hours for me to go from 55-60, but I only did story quests on Rishi because you can only do the side quests about 13 times on that planet before you get sick of them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
So if I decided I wanted to play longer, can you apply the Amazon bundle code more than once? It's a way better deal than just resubscribing.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

Still feels like it drags. It took ~4 hours for me to go from 55-60, but I only did story quests on Rishi because you can only do the side quests about 13 times on that planet before you get sick of them.

If you use an xp boost and skip the side quests you'll still be around level 59. The only side quests I ever do is one from the bird in rishi village because you get the repeatable quest for the companion offhand from that one. It really doesn't take that much longer and it wraps up the story, although you're missing a chunk of the story if you skip the dread masters and oricon.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Stan S. Stanman posted:

If you use an xp boost and skip the side quests you'll still be around level 59. The only side quests I ever do is one from the bird in rishi village because you get the repeatable quest for the companion offhand from that one. It really doesn't take that much longer and it wraps up the story, although you're missing a chunk of the story if you skip the dread masters and oricon.

Is there anywhere that spoils all the poo poo from Ilum, Oricon, and the old ops? My Jugg is 52 and while I wanna know about that stuff, I kinda don't want to plow through all that old poo poo just to get caught up.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

To add a little spiciness to the Warrior run I'm doing right now I wanted to see how far I could make it basically without equipment. So far I've gotten to 33 using the starting saber, the green generator I got for picking Jugg, and Vette in her starting gear, every other slot is empty oranges. I managed to solo Black Talon and all the Heroics on Korriban/Dromund Kaas.

Wow really? What spec?

spanko
Apr 7, 2004
winnar

veedubfreak posted:

So if I decided I wanted to play longer, can you apply the Amazon bundle code more than once? It's a way better deal than just resubscribing.

I'm pretty sure its only usable once per account but I don't remember where I saw that notice.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

For those of you who have high level Marauders or Sentinels, is there a spec that feels more like playing scales on the piano instead of, say, this:

I don't care about best DPS spec or anything.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

For those of you who have high level Marauders or Sentinels, is there a spec that feels more like playing scales on the piano instead of, say, this:

I don't care about best DPS spec or anything.

Smash is pretty easy. Just need to either do Berserk or Force Crush prior to Smash or uhhh the single target smash thing. Everything else is filler and common sense.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.

cthulhoo posted:

It's like 4-5 hours, tops. Yavin is really short.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Reminder that tonight @ 8 eastern I'll try and organize a Dread Fortress SM run through Group Finder. If we get less than 8 we can pug a couple extra but I'd rather not. :) If we get more than 8 we can run it as 16m then split into two groups at the final boss for group finder kill if needed.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

cthulhoo posted:

It's not horrible but it does drag on a bit in the middle, and it did have some issues: people complained that the mobs were too densely packed which made moving around a pain, and there's some glitchiness if you try to do some of the storyline quests in a group.

Mainly the problem was that every class gets the exact same story. Once you'd done it once, given that there were so many other ways to level from 50 to 55 that were way more fun than doing the Makeb storyline again, there was no incentive to go there. The bolster was designed to be that incentive.

If you like the SWTOR storyline generally, it's definitely worth running Makeb once on each side, Imp and Pub.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The story mode conversations are starting to take this it till on me. Almost time to space bar almost all the cutscenes.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

If I take a referral code, do I get the story boost for the 7 days? That's all I care about. I haven't played since shortly after the game came out and I'd like to see another class story without all the sidequests.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

taco_fox posted:

If I take a referral code, do I get the story boost for the 7 days? That's all I care about. I haven't played since shortly after the game came out and I'd like to see another class story without all the sidequests.

It's a sub so yes.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

jabro posted:

It's a sub so yes.

This is not a request for a referal code.
I clicked the referal link on the OP page and then logged into my old account. I do not have 7 days sub time but I did get the random goodies pack. What's up? How do I get the 7 days sub?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
question I want to go republic, what server have a solid population for republic side?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

My main is a Gunslinger on Harbinger and I have no population problems.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Doctor Borris posted:

This is not a request for a referal code.
I clicked the referal link on the OP page and then logged into my old account. I do not have 7 days sub time but I did get the random goodies pack. What's up? How do I get the 7 days sub?

I checked the Referral page and it seems that you have to be a previous subscriber to get the 7 days. You're a player from before F2P so you should have it. Log into the game and see if you have the 12x EXP. That would probably be the easiest way to verify.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cyron posted:

question I want to go republic, what server have a solid population for republic side?

Jedi covenant has a solid amount of pubs in general. None of them have a solid goon pub presence

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."
Any guesses as to when 3.2.1 will drop? I know it's been on the test servers since the end of April.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So I decided to nerd it up a bit.

I recommend pretty much every alt after the 5th or 6th one to have Biochem just for the reusables. With 12x XP people aren't really spending the time to level their skills during leveling.

But if you're like me, you have an rear end ton of green jawa junk from hypercrates. So while I leveled my Sentinel to 450 Biochem I tracked the mats needed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B73kP99DdZnnSEpydXQ0Znh1TE0/view

This way you know what you need to have on hand, and can just buy them all up front then stand next to the trainer. Quickest way to level at 60 is to have 6 companions doing 1 or 2 of each item rather than two companions doing 5 each.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Man, pugs who bring in their friends 55 alts to 16man Xenoanalyst can fuckin' rot.

What a goddamned waste of time. 55s can't even hit that poo poo right? No boosts in the Op Instance. Three of 'em get instantly fragged in the first panel phase because they haven't upgraded their gear since level 37. That's a loving disgrace and insulting to every single one of the other people in the Op. Basic commendations are given like candy on Halloween.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Vriess posted:

Man, pugs who bring in their friends 55 alts to 16man Xenoanalyst can fuckin' rot.

What a goddamned waste of time. 55s can't even hit that poo poo right? No boosts in the Op Instance. Three of 'em get instantly fragged in the first panel phase because they haven't upgraded their gear since level 37. That's a loving disgrace and insulting to every single one of the other people in the Op. Basic commendations are given like candy on Halloween.

They live in a hippie neighborhood and got apples and pennies. And ate the pennies.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

So Republic side Makeb wasn't as bad as impside (especially with stealth) and I loving hate Saresh. What kind of rear end in a top hat screams in someone's face about starving refugees and being worthless? I'd expect that from Imperials, but like ~good guy mccool person~ apparently is all about it.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

wtftastic posted:

So Republic side Makeb wasn't as bad as impside (especially with stealth) and I loving hate Saresh. What kind of rear end in a top hat screams in someone's face about starving refugees and being worthless? I'd expect that from Imperials, but like ~good guy mccool person~ apparently is all about it.

With her role in the Yavin/Ziost storyline I assume BW is setting her up for a fall.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

With her role in the Yavin/Ziost storyline I assume BW is setting her up for a fall.

Good. Can't wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

This game really needs an ability prune like wow had. I'm drowning in goddamn buttons.

• Locked thread