Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

drgnvale posted:

I have a game on Saturday with my daemonkin army and I'm wondering what the general consensus is on the Blood for the Blood God! rule with characters; the text states "A character with the Blood for the Blood God! special rule is slain, or slays an enemy character in a challenge." To me it seems like that's saying that a point is earned when your character is killed in a challenge, but apparently there's some debate and others think you get the point no matter how your character dies.

I'm with the side that thinks that it only counts your characters dying in challenges, but the ITC ruling has been the opposite, so that's what a lot of the tournaments are using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Doctor Borris posted:

...but there is a clear statement that the character gives blood points when...

He is Slain.
He Slays Someone In a Challenge.

Word.

AbusePuppy posted:

I'm with the side that thinks that it only counts your characters dying in challenges, but the ITC ruling has been the opposite, so that's what a lot of the tournaments are using.

Which is why my buddy who won dark star brought Sargents in his bloodletters so he could have them killed for extra points.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

quote about commas

Did you know Chaos Marines eat the blood bamboo found in eye of terror? They eat shoots and leaves.
They raid planets sometimes for supplies and to fight. Apon comming on a tasty snack and a guardsman a marine will eat, shoots and leaves.

Doctor Borris fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 14, 2015

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

AbusePuppy posted:

Can you link to the ITC ruling? The last ITC FAQ I could find was from February.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

re: blast templates

good god 40k's rules are still way too complicated and weird :/

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Omar al-Bishie posted:

re: blast templates

good god 40k's rules are still way too complicated and weird :/

Right? Freaking GW needs to go into detail on that next time, With pictures for us idiots.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Interns are getting better

30Kay Book 5

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Decent video.

Release date?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Is there any work when Lion el'Jonson is getting a model/profile?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Radish posted:

Is there any work when Lion el'Jonson is getting a model/profile?

Maybe next book or the book after that. Dark Angels didn't feature largely in the Heresy so they're kind of put on the backburner compared to a lot of the other Legions.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Slimnoid posted:

Maybe next book or the book after that. Dark Angels didn't feature largely in the Heresy so they're kind of put on the backburner compared to a lot of the other Legions.

Yeah I know they got sent on a wild goose chase but the Heresy also defines their chapter with the Fallen and all. Lion's still the coolest primarch and I'm curious what they do with him.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Slimnoid posted:

The next stretch of books will be Armatura/Shadow Crusade and then Prospero. That takes us to late 2016 at the very earliest. I would expect Signus Prime and the Dark Angels/Night Lords conflicts to follow that, plausibly in the same volume. In other words, I would be shocked if we saw Dark Angels before mid-to-late 2017, although it's certainly possible.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
So the next book is Word Bearers/Ultramarines again? At least we might see Daemon Primarch Angron. Hopefully he comes out before Purturabo.

MasterSlowPoke fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 14, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sulecrist posted:

The next stretch of books will be Armatura/Shadow Crusade and then Prospero. That takes us to late 2016 at the very earliest. I would expect Signus Prime and the Dark Angels/Night Lords conflicts to follow that, plausibly in the same volume. In other words, I would be shocked if we saw Dark Angels before mid-to-late 2017, although it's certainly possible.

:vomarine:

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is the starter box rule booklet good enough? I'd rather buy that and get some minis than just buy the rulebook proper. I'd only be playing with other people that presumably have their own rulebook but will I have any glaring omission in my booklet?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

So the next book is Word Bearers/Ultramarines again? At least we might see Daemon Primarch Angron. Hopefully he comes out before Purtuabo.

Yep, it'll be Army, Word Bearers, Ultramarines, World Eaters for the next book (and FW hinted it might be the next two books). They need more catchup time, especially since Prospero will feature Custodes and Imperial Agents (like Sisters of Silence) in addition to the headliners.

They want to be fully caught up and have key Prospero models out by the end of 2016.

Edit: if that sounds like a long time, keep in mind it translates to a Primarch every 3-4 months.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 14, 2015

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I don't know if it's a different team or they just have different orders, but the Forgeworld videos are leagues better than the GW ones and actually show me something to get excited for. The GW Prime ones are just a static piece of art and some music from Dawn of War, followed by a date.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is the starter box rule booklet good enough? I'd rather buy that and get some minis than just buy the rulebook proper. I'd only be playing with other people that presumably have their own rulebook but will I have any glaring omission in my booklet?
Yeah, it's great. It's all I use and I've been playing this silly game for a decade. You'll miss out on some fluff/artwork/painted models from the main rulebook, but if you've gotten any main rulebook before it's largely the same.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

drgnvale posted:

Can you link to the ITC ruling? The last ITC FAQ I could find was from February.

I don't believe it's been updated to the FAQ document yet, but that was what I was told by Reece when I asked him about it. (Admittedly, Reece is not the whole of the ITC rulings committee, so that is not an absolute decision.) However, if you're looking for the ITC FAQ page, the most recent update can always be found here.

Jack B Nimble posted:

The starter version of the rulebook is 100% complete in terms of the rules of the game; the big version of the rulebook comes with two additional books that have fluff and modeling info if you care about that, but aside from page size the rulebook portions of both are the same.

Sulecrist posted:

They need more catchup time, especially since Prospero will feature Custodes and Imperial Agents (like Sisters of Silence) in addition to the headliners.

I really am hoping for more Solar Auxillia stuff to expand their army a bit as well as anything on the Custodes and Sisters of Silence. If they somehow manage to put all three into a book, I will absolutely buy that book.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Jack B Nimble posted:

For the love of God, if you value your eyesight, get the ebook version of the rulebook. The font in the mini-rulebook is so freaking tiny...

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

berzerkmonkey posted:

For the love of God, if you value your eyesight, get the ebook version of the rulebook. The font in the mini-rulebook is so freaking tiny...

Ok pops.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The have dark admech, custodes, imperial army, and sisters of silence somewhere in the pipe. Not to mention periodic releases to keep the legion army list fresh. HH is going to take a while so it really does suck when your legion doesn’t get prioritized.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

So the next book is Word Bearers/Ultramarines again? At least we might see Daemon Primarch Angron. Hopefully he comes out before Purturabo.

This definitely lacks a BULBASAUR trigger warning

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I was inspired during boring downtime and had no scratch paper.

A responsible custodian of the environment of BLOOD SKULLS AND ENDLESS WAR KILL MAIM BURN

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Potential BFF posted:

A responsible custodian of the environment of BLOOD SKULLS AND ENDLESS WAR KILL MAIM BURN

Hell yes Mr. Bayer is gonna be so pissed when he sees this on my history paper

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Potential BFF posted:

More of this, less rules talks which is poo poo

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Oddly enough in a thread about a game people like to discuss how to play said game.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren:

Weee woooo weee woooo

Stop! Open the door! Rules talk in the rules head is OUTLAWED! Now get on the floor! Stop resisting! Everybody walk the BULBASAUR!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
TBF the best part of 40k has always been everything except the rules and price

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren:

Weee woooo weee woooo

Stop! Open the door! Rules talk in the rules head is OUTLAWED! Now get on the floor! Stop resisting! Everybody walk the BULBASAUR!

Oh poo poo!

*jumps on the back of Wazzdakkas bike and turns into a troop choice as he speeds off into the distance*

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Improbable Lobster posted:

10 years into this hobby, I completely agree. I enjoy the rules well enough and have a great time playing with my friends, but when I see rules/list discussion I just keep scrolling. But hey, enjoy the hobby how you like. I'm sure somebody out there doesn't like painting rad tanks with caution stripes and hot rod flames as much as I do.
It's not quite done (still gotta get transfers on it and take real photos) but I've been busy this week:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Thats really cool, and that reminds me I just found and finished striping the paint from a 2nd edition metal whirlwind turret

should do something with it

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

I'm expecting this to fire out a little space marine dressed as Super Dave Osborne.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Whats you favorite SM armor? Mk6 corvus all the way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If it ain't Beakies, it ain't right

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Mk3-5 are the sweet spots for me, each for their own reasons. Mk3 has the ornate, baroque look even on the rank and file armor, Mk4 has smooth, clean-looking silhouettes while still being distinct from Mk7 in some cool ways, and Mk5 is essentially baby Indomitus armor which is neat.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Mark 4 and 5 4 5eva

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm partial to MK 8 almost purely because it looked awesome in the Space Marine game.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pendent posted:

I'm partial to MK 8 almost purely because it looked awesome in the Space Marine game.

Errant armor best armor. The little ankle reinforcements and the collar are so dope.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I dig MK3 because it looks heavy and has trim you can paint up in that CSM baroque style. Also it has Iron in the name.

Heresy Armor owns for the storm trooper style helmets. I'm not crazy about the studs though as I'm not sure they actually increase pleasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I really like the helmet and the knee / leg design of the mark 4

I think segmented plates look cool

• Locked thread