Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

euphronius posted:

They dont need a reason to fire you. You are free to quit at any time!!! equity.

I'm currently on an at will contract. They've come to really rely on me in just the two months I've been working there and I can't wait to flip them the bird and scream "At will relationship, motherfucker" as I jump ship with no warning at the first better opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

The Warszawa posted:

it's funny because ra's al'ghul is p. much a tier 1 villain, i honestly think they just expected to coast on him to some extent but it was hard to get invested in league of assassins shenanigans

I thought they should have leaned harder on Nyssa rather than R'as himself.

They had established her pretty well through the first two acts of the season,, then she just kinda started standing in the corners, not doing anything.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Gravel Gravy posted:

Whiskey = corn/malt/rye = food. So by the associative property...
Transitive.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Alligator Horse posted:

whiskey is not food. whiskey is not food. whiskey is not food.

it's got calories, it's food

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Something-itive.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

jogged to obstacle course over lunch instead of eating and that fucker is tough.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

She went to the ER.
Just wondering what the employer's version of events would be or what your take on it is. Sometimes the person has drug problems or whatever.

Every once in awhile in a bar or something you hear a story from a random person about why he was fired and sometimes they don't pass the sniff test, and even when they pass the sniff test it's often a "well clearly they were looking for a reason to fire you" story. Doesn't make it right just gives the thing some texture.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

So have you guys not seen pictures of Zoux? Becuase holy LOL

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Note that the salt lords feigning bemusment to cover for their white boy rage stand on the same side of history as GBS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spaceman Future! posted:

oooo link

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
A guy from my high school I'm still facebook friends with 15 years later went to college with the engineer of the amtrak train.

Quotes:

"He would seriously sit in his dorm room and play a train simulator all day. Again, you can't make this stuff up."

"HEY THE TRAIN KID FROM HATCH HALL FIRST FLOOR WAS DRIVING THE PHILLY TRAIN"

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Spaceman Future! posted:

you are still the only visible chatthreader, spaceman

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lord salt speaking, state your request

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lord salt

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Alhazred posted:

Flash is mediocre at best.

GET THE gently caress OUT

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

A guy from my high school I'm still facebook friends with 15 years later went to college with the engineer of the amtrak train.

Quotes:

"He would seriously sit in his dorm room and play a train simulator all day. Again, you can't make this stuff up."

"HEY THE TRAIN KID FROM HATCH HALL FIRST FLOOR WAS DRIVING THE PHILLY TRAIN"

lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Thursday holiday evenings are weird when you don't get Friday off as well. :smith:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I MAINTAIN that list would have been funnier if it drilled down harder on the bukowski/thompson/mailer/"hell, i take my whiskey straight" angle

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

that would be super disrespectful

to your eyes

PupsOfWar posted:

you are still the only visible chatthreader, spaceman

It feels good to be out of the anon closet yo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hell, and furthermore

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

I MAINTAIN that list would have been funnier if it drilled down harder on the bukowski/thompson/mailer/"hell, i take my whiskey straight" angle

bro did you turn around to behold the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah though THE LORD YOUR GOD forbade it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the lord god isnt the dad of me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is it true that there is in fact no historical evidence for the bondage of the entire jewish nation in egypt

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

for too long we have been a passivly tolerant chat thread

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

paranoid randroid posted:

Or if it had gone for solely white male classics authors. Mixing the two category weakens the whole thing.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

zoux posted:

Is it true that there is in fact no historical evidence for the bondage of the entire jewish nation in egypt

Indeed. During the the heyday of the Great Egyptian civilization, all white folk (which includes Jews) were in caves far away from the empire, as stated by learned scholar and historian the Reverend Al Sharpton.

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires.... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it."

Randler fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 14, 2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i mean when a head of state says "we have been too tolerant" like look out and pack ur bags.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

ok posting zouxpic

Alligator Horse
Mar 23, 2013

A new Golden Dawn of chat future opens up before us. Let us bask in its rays.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

besides the bible yes i think thats right.

but the bible part was written in 500 bce or so way after the supposed captivty

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

zoux posted:

No because the bible is a form of historical evidence. But there is no archaeological evidence. It probably did not happen.

euphronius posted:

i mean when a head of state says "we have been too tolerant" like look out and pack ur bags.

Head of government not state.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Or if it had gone for solely white male classics authors. Mixing the two category weakens the whole thing.

theres no faulkner on there what the heck

absalom absalom is the whiteguyest book ive ever read

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Disinterested posted:

Head of government not state.

I know i said it that way on purpose to find the spergs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

what about The Great FLood

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

euphronius posted:

I know i said it that way on purpose to find the spergs

I have to sperg about this poo poo because a lot of people who ask questions about the UK ITT have very limited UKPol knowledge.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

zoux posted:

Lol obviously not. There are some very strained attempted explanations tho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth

Deluge myths are common to most societies so there is something interesting about it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the connection of the medierteranean to the black sea could have been it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

to be honest spaceman I don't think you look much like slowbeef

fishmech was using some kind of special fishmech vision when she established that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

the sinking of atlantis/bolivia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge_hypothesis

• Locked thread