Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why did MVP say n-word in a promo, was it just like when Booker T called Hogan n-word by accident or more like when Vince McMahon said my n-word to Cena infront of Booker T?

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Why did MVP say friend of the family in a promo, was it just like when Booker T called Hogan nigga by accident or more like when Vince McMahon said my nigga to Cena infront of Booker T?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7uSjOf3_qI

the promo was fine

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Some Benoit stuff from Reddit:

The poison pie analogy has me creyin

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I have to remember that sweet analogy for future use

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

goc posted:

He's not wrong about this one though.
Making a post about "not caring" is dumb, as is criticizing the use of *gasp* a tweet and a blog. There's also a difference in her supporting something personally versus having to suck it up for her job. Yes, she is a hypocrite/sell-out or whatever, but Madden is still an idiot.

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 14, 2015

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I have to remember that sweet analogy for future use

Thankfully AladdinPoo cleared up that it was just a smothering, not a strangling so I hope you'll join me in signing this petition for Stephen Harper to declare June 24 "Crippler Day" in Canada.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chris Benoit is here and he's really mad
Chris Benoit is here and he strangled smothered Nancy

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I don't disagree but Punk is not in any position to say that.

They're not even in the same weight class, it's just pointless grandstanding

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

They're not even in the same weight class, it's just pointless grandstanding

punk should be a fan then

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"Strangling your son to death is horrifying ...and also your wife too, I suppose"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I like how the guy says he was "a great man 99% of his life" as if he not only knew Benoit but was wise to every little thing that happened in his life.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
how is tnamecca spinning a new impact not being on tv for literally no reason next week

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

I like how the guy says he was "a great man 99% of his life" as if he not only knew Benoit but was wise to every little thing that happened in his life.

Don't you know being a hard-working technical wrestler = being a human saint? every suplex he threw was like 1,000 hours of community service, every submission maneuver was like running into a burning building, every crisp back bump was like donating his brain to scienc-...oh.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Spermgod posted:

how is tnamecca spinning a new impact not being on tv for literally no reason next week

How do you think? By saying Dave has proved Dave wrong:

quote:

Stop Lying Dave! • 3 hours ago
If Destination America are indeed broadcasting the all important 2014 Slammiversary on May 22.
It's interesting that some leading wrestling "news" sites reported that Destination X would be broadcast.
These are the same sites who wrestling fans are expected to trust with their "exclusive backstage insider contacts", huh.

Bonus unrelated quote:

quote:

#Taryn'sBottomBitch • an hour ago
I wonder if the 5 way ladder match was testing the waters for a KO ultimate X match?
I wonder if they were testing to see how athletic the girls are?
It would absolutely sick if they did do that bc I think it'd be awesome; but at the same time I fear for them.
it is really dangerous.
I mean even during the ladder match there was moments where I thought something would go wrong like Gail managed to catch the ladder before it hit Madison by accident and at one point the ladder fell on Taryn's ankle.
I just fear for them more so since Madison and Taryn are mom's.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

#TarynsBottomBitch

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Hulkamatt please change my name to #TarynsBottomBitch

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
A ladder fell on a woman's ankle?? My god...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chris Benoit was a great man for 100% of his life because he was framed by Kevin Sullivan.

Has TNAMecca melted down about today's WOR yet? The one that opens with Bryan asking Shave Seltzer a question about the upcoming Impact Slammiversary rebroadcast and Dave laughing for 30 seconds?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I thought they banned the discussion of anything that Meltzer said or reported.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
The TNA memes account is not happy that the Addiction got a big gently caress TNA chant. I can't wait until they find out Okada was laughing at it

https://twitter.com/impactmemes/status/598708002103775232

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Taryn are mom's.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Luckily Moms are tough

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

duyarvish posted:

The TNA memes account is not happy that the Addiction got a big gently caress TNA chant. I can't wait until they find out Okada was laughing at it

TNA Memes posted:

@ROHPittsburgh one thing they can do is get security to calm some of the fans down. You wonder why ROH & TNA never like each other anymore.

I want ROH to do this so bad

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

never like each other "anymore"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

#TarynsBottomBitch

This account is the funniest. I don't know if it's something lost in translation or what, but you'll often find this person posting 'SLAY ME TARYN, DRAG ME BY THE ROOTS' or some such after a Knockouts match.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Has TNAMecca melted down about today's WOR yet? The one that opens with Bryan asking Shave Seltzer a question about the upcoming Impact Slammiversary rebroadcast and Dave laughing for 30 seconds?

I would be shocked if anyone there pays for an Observer sub. They get their Meltznews second-hand from other sites.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 14, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they blocked me offa my low-effort "even okada popped" reply in seriously about 12 seconds

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

epitasis posted:

they blocked me offa my low-effort "even okada popped" reply in seriously about 12 seconds

they're banning anyone new, I think. I haven't tried to re-reg since I was banned but they're way more jumpy about new posters ever since Bob Ryder 'legitimized' them.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I like to imagine some indie promoter yelling at his one security guard who is being paid in beer "stop those fans from chanting about TNA!! think about the inter-promotion relationship!!"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't follow TNA at all, so can someone explain the "they hired nazis" thing to me, please?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

never like each other "anymore"

That seriously sounds like something a kid whose grasp on grammar is pretty shaky would say.

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't follow TNA at all, so can someone explain the "they hired nazis" thing to me, please?

They hired the Harris twins, who have ties to Neo Nazi groups and wear neo nazi merch (and have been fired for doing so before).

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That seriously sounds like something a kid whose grasp on grammar is pretty shaky would say.

It's more the idea that the tension exists because of the chants, and not because TNA made a bunch of power plays on ROH.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

HulkaMatt posted:

It's more the idea that the tension exists because of the chants, and not because TNA made a bunch of power plays on ROH.

Hey man, sometimes the big dogs gotta throw their weight around :smug: When you're a top promotion like TNA you don't have to worry about the little guys

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

If you ask the TNAMecca people about the rift between TNA/ROH its that Dixie's was and still is disgusted with the Rob Feinstein scandal.

Yet another reminder that they hired Nazis this week.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They hired the Harris twins, who have ties to Neo Nazi groups and wear neo nazi merch (and have been fired for doing so before).

And at least one has an SS tattoo, as I recall.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Xerzes posted:

And at least one has an SS tattoo, as I recall.

The first thing they did after being hired by ECW was show it off to Paul Heyman!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

duyarvish posted:

EVERY time? Why doesn't he take a stand & not watch it at all?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TNA Memes.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it was great when TJP got a gently caress TNA chant at BOLA and he had to tell the fans that if they kept it up "mommy won't let me play here anymore"

also when Bad Influence got one Daniels yelled "don't you don't know where it's been"

and AJ Styles just yelled YEAH, gently caress TNA

gently caress TNA is what I'm saying

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 14, 2015

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
The dave ban wont last

The fact that others talk about Dave and the observer TNA stuff drives them insane and they can't help themselves from commenting on it as they're insecure af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
What happens to the fansites if TNA actually does go under? Do they migrate to a new company?