Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Sir Tonk posted:

"Right To Rise" is the most Florida name ever. :awesome:

It actually refers to their ocean coastline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The only thing good about Pataki is that he'll make a few more awful statements in order to drum up outrage so he can get some face time on TV.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey, remember a couple of weeks ago when Santorum said that people should "love and accept" trans folks like Bruce Jenner?

Well, he's now walked those comments back:

Rick Santorum posted:

If Bruce Jenner says he’s woman then I’m not gonna argue with him. I know what obviously and biologically he is. That doesn’t change by himself identifying himself. His genetics and DNA isn’t changing, but out of respect, as you said, I’m not gonna argue if Bruce Jenner’s a woman with Bruce Jenner. I’m gonna treat him with dignity and respect and that’s what I said.

Not sure what part of "dignity and respect" involves going on a radio show and publicly saying "I know what you really are", but there you go.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Just a reminder that the FEC has come out and said that they're not going to bother enforcing campaign finance laws because (a) they don't have the resources to do so and (b) the partisan make-up of the decision-making panel ensures that there is never any agreement on whether to act.

So Jeb Bush can declare all he wants, the only downside is the appearance of impropriety to wonks.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

e: wrong thread.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 14, 2015

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Just a reminder that the FEC has come out and said that they're not going to bother enforcing campaign finance laws because (a) they don't have the resources to do so and (b) the partisan make-up of the decision-making panel ensures that there is never any agreement on whether to act.

So Jeb Bush can declare all he wants, the only downside is the appearance of impropriety to wonks.

"The FEC" has not said that, a democratic member has. And the FEC's weekly reports of completed enforcement actions indicate otherwise.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Bolton isn't running :eng99:

I guess that means Graham will have Rand all to himself :ese:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
loving finally:

quote:

"I would have not engaged. I would not have gone into Iraq," Bush said.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"and by that I mean I totally would have gone into Iraq."

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

So unlike his brother he knows when to pull back.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

What a disservice to the troops. This man has no shame.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Just playing all four quotes in a row is is going to make a good attack ad

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I always knew Shrub's family were dumbasses, just didn't think they'd gently caress it up this early. Walker is still the front runner and Jeb is worthless.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Oh, also, everyone needs to set their calendars for May 28th when George Pataki will make an announcement.

I hope you're as excited as I am about this, because if you're less excited you may no longer have a pulse.

Will the press actually show up this time?

Syjefroi
Oct 6, 2003

I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.

Nonsense posted:

I always knew Shrub's family were dumbasses, just didn't think they'd gently caress it up this early. Walker is still the front runner and Jeb is worthless.

Bush strikes me as someone who started preparing to run for president years ago, but now is starting his campaign as if the game is the same as it was when he started thinking about it.

Like, in 1998 he would be fine right now, but he hasn't quite figured out that poo poo moves fast these days, every word matters.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Does Ben Carson's tooth have a twitter account yet?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Bush hasn't run for office since 2002, he's rusty as hell.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Sorry for pointing out to someone claiming Hillary "empowers women" that she argued that a relationship between POTUS and an intern wasn't a "power relationship".

So, like, she's literally unempowering women (just those that get in her way so maybe that's cool who can fathom the liberal mind)

She argued that a woman could make her own decisions. How very disempowering and slutshamey.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ha ha ha, very good!

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

She argued that a woman could make her own decisions. How very disempowering and slutshamey.

Look I'm not really qualified to deliver a primer in feminist philosophy, just look up unequal power relationships and consent.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ha ha ha, very good!

Wow, Jeb is so hip and down with the millenial generation. Bet his ringtone is Skrillex.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ha ha ha, very good!

Wait, is this real? Did he really say we don't need healthcare because now every person can just use an Apple Watch to fix their spine or whatever?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ha ha ha, very good!

Curse me for going Android. If I'd gotten an Apple Watch I wouldn't be laid up with a twisted ankle right now.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ha ha ha, very good!

There's no way he actually said this. Seriously? Wow, I can't believe I actually thought this guy would get the nomination, he's just been an awful campaigner so far.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Wait, is this real? Did he really say we don't need healthcare because now every person can just use an Apple Watch to fix their spine or whatever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIq8ZO23rwg

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Bush managed to run a property- and sales-tax funded state during a real estate boom without completely loving it up, and since that's the closest thing to competence that exists on the GOP's bench he's managed to carve out this frontrunner image. There is nothing good you can say about him that didn't also apply to his brother before his disastrous presidency, and the comparisons will never end. Jeb seems to think he cab just decide to stop entertaining them and they'll go away, but they just won't. Clinton vs Bush would never not have been about Bill vs George W. I'm loving loving how he is showing himself to be a completely useless candidate.

Those morons are going to nominate Rand Paul. This is gonna be the best election ever.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ha ha ha, very good!

OK I've gotta hear where he went with this. Does he not know what the ACA does at all or does he think tracking your steps and calorie intake is all the healthcare anyone needs?

I'd love to see the tech bubble lose some air if only to quiet down these jackasses who think the retort to every social grievance is "but you have smartphones!".

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Tap to pay $13,000 in medical expenses.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

If you watch the clip he dosen't say or imply anything like that. It's just a standard speech about repealing Obamacare and replacing it with more "market driven choices that let us be in charge of our own healthcare", then goes into a few medical applications of the smart watch. Not exactly a new idea, but far from thinking Jeb Bush thinks magic watches will replace doctors.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

If you watch the clip he dosen't say or imply anything like that. It's just a standard speech about repealing Obamacare and replacing it with more "market driven choices that let us be in charge of our own healthcare", then goes into a few medical applications of the smart watch. Not exactly a new idea, but far from thinking Jeb Bush thinks magic watches will replace doctors.

Yeah, it was actually pretty incoherent. He did seem to be saying that mobile device healthcare apps were related in some way to getting rid of Obamacare, as if somehow the ACA would prevent them from existing, but it didn't seem to connect very well. You can tell he's pretty rusty at campaigning.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

The Nastier Nate posted:

It took three days for him to decide that he wouldn't throw troops into a meat grinder for fraudulent reasons so this isn't exactly unbelievable.

It's pretty obvious that he was just waffling to avoid offending his brothers FP team and only walked it back after getting mainstream attention.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Nastier Nate posted:

You'd think he would have learned from his dad's run in with barcode scanners that you've got to be clear and concise when marveling at new technology.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

Internet Webguy posted:

It took three days for him to decide that he wouldn't throw troops into a meat grinder for fraudulent reasons so this isn't exactly unbelievable.

It's pretty obvious that he was just waffling to avoid offending his brothers FP team and only walked it back after getting mainstream attention.

This man wants to be President and can't even stand up to his own brother.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Bush managed to run a property- and sales-tax funded state during a real estate boom without completely loving it up, and since that's the closest thing to competence that exists on the GOP's bench he's managed to carve out this frontrunner image. There is nothing good you can say about him that didn't also apply to his brother before his disastrous presidency, and the comparisons will never end. Jeb seems to think he cab just decide to stop entertaining them and they'll go away, but they just won't. Clinton vs Bush would never not have been about Bill vs George W. I'm loving loving how he is showing himself to be a completely useless candidate.

Those morons are going to nominate Rand Paul. This is gonna be the best election ever.

Jeb Bush was a more conservative governor than his brother, so it'll be interesting to see him try to square that.

EDIT: Gotta love him having to compel people to applaud.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I get the impression that beneath the aristocratic upbringing and education that Jeb is even dumber than Walker.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Man I remember the old days. When politicians said something stupid or turned out to be electorally inconvenient and did a massive U-turn and they (well sometimes) got called on it.

It seems like these days you can say anything, and if the reaction is terrible you can just 'walk it back' and get a mulligan.

Hell you don't even need to do it yourself, just get a spokesman to 'clarify' for you.

If anybody needs me i'll be at the window, guarding my lawn. :corsair:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Deptfordx posted:

Man I remember the old days. When politicians said something stupid or turned out to be electorally inconvenient and did a massive U-turn and they (well sometimes) got called on it.

It seems like these days you can say anything, and if the reaction is terrible you can just 'walk it back' and get a mulligan.

Hell you don't even need to do it yourself, just get a spokesman to 'clarify' for you.

If anybody needs me i'll be at the window, guarding my lawn. :corsair:

Sometimes it still does hurt you, Mitt Romney got a ton of poo poo for being the "etch-a-sketch" candidate.

However, Jeb will likely see no negative consequences from this, unfortunately.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
edit: Nevermind.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Deptfordx posted:

I remember fantasy too.

quote:

"My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Jeb Bush thinks that fourth time is the charm with Iraq:

quote:

Reporter: "What’s the way forward in Iraq, sir?"

Bush: “I think we need to re-engage, and do it in a more forceful way than—the president is very reluctant for whatever reason to make a clear commitment that we should have kept, you know, 5,000, 10,000 troops there. There's been success since we reengaged.”

So, if I understand this right, invading Iraq was a mistake, but re-invading Iraq is the correct way forward?

• Locked thread