Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Startyde posted:

living breathing instruments or whatever :jerkbag:

Nah, fuckers just like things with a bunch of knobs on them because they are secret gays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Sizone posted:

Nah, fuckers just like things with a bunch of knobs on them because they are secret gays.

no secret bb :quig:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Just what the hell is the resulting voltage of instrument level anyway.

Tan Dumplord
Mar 9, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Depends on the impedance matching of the two circuits :can:

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

minidracula posted:

Kinda. What are we talking about here?

A small portable synthesizer. :buddy:

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

A small portable synthesizer. :buddy:
:rolleyes: I mean price-wise.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

minidracula posted:

:rolleyes: I mean price-wise.

If you're being price-wise, you wouldn't be buying synthesizers :dance:

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

stillvisions posted:

If you're being price-wise, you wouldn't be buying synthesizers :dance:
Maybe I'm confused. WAFFLEHOUND: are you selling an OP-1?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

minidracula posted:

Maybe I'm confused. WAFFLEHOUND: are you selling an OP-1?

I think he's working on an avant-garde comedy routine.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MockingQuantum posted:

an avant-garde comedy routine.

Describes the OP-1 pretty well :shrug:

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Tayter Swift posted:

Any good recs for a chorus pedal? I'd like something that gets me in the ballpark of the Ensemble setting on a Polysix.

Preferably mono to stereo, and bonus points if it has expression pedal input. I don't think I want to fork out $500 for the Cluster Flux though despite its awesome name.

i'm not familiar with the ensemble on the polysix (really want to try one sometime though) but this is a decent chorus and i'm glad the demo actually uses a synth with a nice patch. too many pedal demos are just poo poo blues guitar that don't really give me an idea how it would sound with synth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2A0ord8obo

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
I'm really sad that Muffs is down.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

pfs Write posted:

i'm not familiar with the ensemble on the polysix (really want to try one sometime though) but this is a decent chorus and i'm glad the demo actually uses a synth with a nice patch. too many pedal demos are just poo poo blues guitar that don't really give me an idea how it would sound with synth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2A0ord8obo

Discontinued, sadly :/

Got a feeling I'm gonna end up getting the Cluster Flux anyway tbh. May as well complete the set! :haw:

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Dotcom Jillionaire posted:

I'm really sad that Muffs is down.
It seems like it's down more than it's up lately, at least on the sporadic times I check...

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from this track (according to the description made all with 2007 era VA) https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/pretend-analog-extmix-2b

ABL or Phoscyon?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

toadee posted:

I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from this track (according to the description made all with 2007 era VA) https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/pretend-analog-extmix-2b

ABL or Phoscyon?

cool if true [but remember to take everything RDJ says with a big rear end pinch of salt]

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
What the gently caress why did you trick me into listening to Aphex Twin. Not cool.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

wayfinder posted:

What the gently caress why did you trick me into listening to Aphex Twin. Not cool.

Lol richrolled

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Tayter Swift posted:

Discontinued, sadly :/

well that should never stop you

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

toadee posted:

ABL or Phoscyon?

Phoscyon. Deeper filter controls. Plug in your favorite knob controller, map your macros, great great great to play live.

https://soundcloud.com/nickprince/20150425-analog-detune-sidechain-303-808

Unless fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 16, 2015

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
What's the valuable lesson btw?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

wayfinder posted:

What's the valuable lesson btw?

Songs sound good because they're good songs, not because of good gear

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
No one itt would hear the difference between Audiorealism Bassline and a real 303.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Granbar posted:

No one itt would hear the difference between Audiorealism Bassline and a real 303.

Now watch a dozen morons proclaiming they can tell the difference from the distortion patterns, aliasing, drift behavior and a dozen other made-up features.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

wayfinder posted:

Now watch a dozen morons proclaiming they can tell the difference from the distortion patterns, aliasing, drift behavior and a dozen other made-up features.

Also, ABL is just a really drat good 303 emulation. Better than the few x0xb0x' I've owned.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
The whole phenomenon of synth dorks chasing the 303 dragon is something I have never fully understood. Can someone explain why it's so important for a synth to have EXACTLY that particular range of sound instead of settling for the 90% mark that will let you produce sick acid trax?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617837&pagenumber=80&perpage=40

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

snorch posted:

The whole phenomenon of synth dorks chasing the 303 dragon is something I have never fully understood. Can someone explain why it's so important for a synth to have EXACTLY that particular range of sound instead of settling for the 90% mark that will let you produce sick acid trax?

Dumbness. Dumbness and craziness.

Seriously, a volca bass will do all the fun stuff plus a whole bunch more.

On a brighter note, got a chance to dick around some with my S2R tonight. It may be the best sounding synth I have. There's just something very pleasing and full about its sound. All it's acoustic simulations sound good, much better than they have any right to. Wish I could find the MIOS documentation for it.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Hail Satan

Sizone posted:

On a brighter note, got a chance to dick around some with my S2R tonight. It may be the best sounding synth I have. There's just something very pleasing and full about its sound. All it's acoustic simulations sound good, much better than they have any right to. Wish I could find the MIOS documentation for it.

This is like some wacky Italian K2000 ya?
fake edit- wow even control layout looks the same

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Built in sequencer. Trades the VAST modulation scheme for 10 stage looping envelopes and i think it's a little thinner in terms of shear DSP horsepower, but yeah, it's a loving 90's flagship sampler/synth workstation for sure.

Once all the layering and stacking is said and done, it's essentially a 2 part multitimbrle, 8 voice polyphonic synth, but man does it ever just sound division bell like seriously lexan man

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Sizone posted:

You're not talking about this, are you?

Anyway, it sounds amazing: http://www.synthmania.com/s2r.htm

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yup, that is my sexy Italian bella.

e: oh yeah, all the axis powers are now represented in my synth collection

Sizone fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 18, 2015

snorch
Jul 27, 2009

Sizone posted:

Dumbness. Dumbness and craziness.

Seriously, a volca bass will do all the fun stuff plus a whole bunch more.

What's particularly funny to me is there's plenty of jammin acid out there that does without the 303.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

snorch posted:

What's particularly funny to me is there's plenty of jammin acid out there that does without the 303.

Sorry, the pH is totally off on those other bass machines. You could say they sound quite... basic.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Sizone posted:

Respecte la donna!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Sizone posted:

Finland? :colbert:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

powers

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

snorch posted:

Yes, for instance a 101 or 202.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
What am I gonna do when my cbx-k1 finally wears out? I was thinking a q-nexus, but the lack of a din midi port really sours the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3t-hNstKU

Wow. I was nearly tired of the the old gal, but after seeing this I might just give her a new youth....