Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-will-automatically-install-candy-crush-saga-bundleware-comes-to-redmond

Microsoft posted:

And we’re excited to be able to announce today that King will bring their game, Candy Crush Saga, to Windows 10. Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 during the launch!

All the fun of buying a PC from Dell or HP, now even if you install a clean copy of Windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
from the makers of "free to play" comes "free to operate (system)"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Arcon posted:

http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-will-automatically-install-candy-crush-saga-bundleware-comes-to-redmond

All the fun of buying a PC from Dell or HP, now even if you install a clean copy of Windows

fail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
satya or whoever is the boss what are you doing

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Arcon posted:

jfc

i thought there was no way that could be true but nope that article linked to a legit windows blog and sure enough....

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Arcon posted:

lmao

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Arcon posted:

don't link to onion articles as if they were true

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Arcon posted:

regardless of whatever cranky-rear end curmudgeonly idiot nerd opinions I have on macs and OSX, it's poo poo like this that's gonna make me switch entirely to apple

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i wonder who is paying who in this arrangement. king gotta be getting desperate to keep growth numbers for their cash cow.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

considering the minecraft bullshit MS definitely paid to have the game baked in. if they came to you with that offer, why would you turn it down?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I think it's Microsoft idea to get that 30% slice of in app purchases

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's exclusive to windows 10, right? so it's giving casual users a reason to upgrade?

deffo ms paying king.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
can someone tell me what the point of having windows 10 on the xbox one is, because i haven't quite figured it out

i mean, does microsoft want you to run office on it? do they want to use up more of the already pathetically low amount of RAM and power so that games continue to fail to hit 1080p, or do they plan to use kinect and hololens together and force consumers to buy two products they don't want again?

your potential, our passion

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Arcon posted:

i'm posting "year of the linux desktop" less and less ironically all the time.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

seiferguy posted:

can someone tell me what the point of having windows 10 on the xbox one is, because i haven't quite figured it out

i mean, does microsoft want you to run office on it? do they want to use up more of the already pathetically low amount of RAM and power so that games continue to fail to hit 1080p, or do they plan to use kinect and hololens together and force consumers to buy two products they don't want again?

your potential, our passion
it's part of their one app for multiple platforms plan, with you having your application in a sidepanel on the console while a game plays in a down-sized state

marketing needs something in the future to point at okay

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Arcon posted:

:wow:

lmao they are never ever going to gain desktop marketshare again are they?

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
it still amazes me how Microsoft took the idea of having a central location for applications on Windows and went in a comically terrible direction with it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
really cause it seems totally like their 'mo'

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Wheany posted:

i'm posting "year of the linux desktop" less and less ironically all the time.

yea no apple is still a thing sorry, as is windows 7

but if it weren't for apple i could kinda hilariously see ubuntu more or less just winning the desktop by default pretty soon

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

this explains how they got King to port release their literal iOS app on Windows.

"please we'll install it on every windows machine... just drag and drop the .xcodeproject into this app please what more can we give you"

of course they probably also have them millions

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
though what's funny about this is now there's nothing stopping them from including similar "great deals!!!" in the future

why not also bundle in other games and apps? how about we include ask toolbar with our office installations?

there's no slowing this descent down the poop chute now

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Apple bundles an office suite, legit useful DAW, movie editing app and more with OSX. MS is shipping with Candy Crush and freemium solitaire.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

man making a succesful ios game is a double bonus, cause microsoft gonna pay you to make it for windows

pram
Jun 10, 2001

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Apple bundles an office suite, legit useful DAW, movie editing app and more with OSX.

sounds like an OS that isnt a POS op

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Phoenixan posted:

though what's funny about this is now there's nothing stopping them from including similar "great deals!!!" in the future

why not also bundle in other games and apps? how about we include ask toolbar with our office installations?

there's no slowing this descent down the poop chute now

this is how they will stick to their "windows 10 forever" idea: by changing the bundled stuff with each update

windows 10 candy crush

windows 10 minecraft

windows 10 goat simulator

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
cool, going to unironically install and boot directly into windows 10 on a new gold retina macbook for someone because they enjoy candy crush so much

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

something something can't take the pup out of windows

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

DaNzA posted:

cool, going to unironically install and boot directly into windows 10 on a new gold retina macbook for someone because they enjoy candy crush so much

pro tip: get them an imac and put a couple free games on it. like idk solitaire/klondyke, otello, etc.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

I physically cringed

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

Apple bundles an office suite, legit useful DAW, movie editing app and more with OSX. MS is shipping with Candy Crush and freemium solitaire.

Windows doesn't come with any games at all, you have to sign up for a Microsoft account and search for them in the store

pram
Jun 10, 2001
apple osx comes with chess.app

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

i was at an ms user conference this week. not entirely involuntary but i probably didn't protest hard enough either.

an ms director of product marketing earnestly asked the audience to bing something without a shred of irony or self-awareness. later he asked us all to pull out our windows phones so he could show us how to do something as if it were a joke everybody was totally in on, and they were. so much for that platform

babies havin rabies fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 15, 2015

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
i love the candy crush thing because its impossible to tell if its the normal parasitic relationship with the crapware vendors or its some middle management motherfucker ideasman who decided to pay king to cram it in there

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm going to have to start remembering to hit decline on 3rd party offers during an actual windows install aren't i?

like this is a thing that's a possibility in my future

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the day after the Build keynote apple should have announced that all apps have to be swift by some future date.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
can't wait to see the candy crush group policy extensions

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

the day after the Build keynote apple should have announced that all apps have to be swift by some future date.

why would they do this 'pleasure' 'kevin'

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Phoenixan posted:

i'm going to have to start remembering to hit decline on 3rd party offers during an actual windows install aren't i?

like this is a thing that's a possibility in my future

oops this purposely vague update just sent all of your info to third parties and installed everything

our bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

they've already made Windows Update untrustworthy by installing the Bing Bar and Skype and Windows 10 adware

• Locked thread