Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Belzac posted:

People who look at their character at all in mmos are weirdos.

Look at this nerd.

The only reason to play a MMO is to be the prettiest princess. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Traveller posted:

Look at this nerd.

The only reason to play a MMO is to be the prettiest princess. :colbert:

I prefer to be the most powerful princess.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

Holyshoot posted:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Holyshoot posted:

something something city of heroes

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

why not be both

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Ah, bugs. Currently I keep randomly hearing voice clips from a quest I already completed and an NPC I already killed, and also my character periodically loses the ability to mine because "you are already casting." None of the suggested bugfixes for the latter have worked. :shepicide: Good thing I can apparently also mine by punching rocks repeatedly!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

panda clue posted:

I wonder if cyster is one of those people at the top that the leak described, who are constantly arguing and dragging the entire company down. she has stayed there longer than almost any other carbine employee at this point. makes u think

I like how Cyster is responsible for the one part of Wildstar that is almost universally liked by people who played the game, yet is Hitler on SA because ???

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Deki posted:

I like how Cyster is responsible for the one part of Wildstar that is almost universally liked by people who played the game, yet is Hitler on SA because ???

Be fair, most goons are only lightly teasing Cyster, as far as SA treatments go. I've only ever seen one or two people actually sperging out at her, and they generally got told to calm the gently caress down by the other posters. I think most people just feel bad for her that her employment is hinging on this particular game.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Deki posted:

the one part of Wildstar that is almost universally liked by people who played the game,

Housing?

I made my house look like a giant tiki monster holding a hammer. The hammer was made out of a huge board and my bed. It had a headdress made out of a giant bonsai tree. It's hideous maw was made of the alligator rug.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Do we even know if she still works at Carbine? I have been hoping for a while now that she would find a better opportunity some place else. I liked her work a lot and thought she responded well to various criticism.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
What has happened with franbunny in the aftermath of being removed as a moderator? :munch:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Housing?

I made my house look like a giant tiki monster holding a hammer. The hammer was made out of a huge board and my bed. It had a headdress made out of a giant bonsai tree. It's hideous maw was made of the alligator rug.

Shiphands / Veteran Shiphands

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Did we ever find out what the surprise Carbine had for after the maintenance was?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
might've been w* on steam

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

What has happened with franbunny in the aftermath of being removed as a moderator? :munch:

According to her reddit posts, she's moved to Tera.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

cthulhoo posted:

why not be both

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Xavier434 posted:

The answer to the first question is obvious. It makes a lot of money.

The second question is one that I am confused about as well. Because chances are that no, the eastern market is not overflowing with pedos that are throwing tons of money at MMOs. More than likely, the common MMO player over there does not view this type of content in the same way that Western players do. They don't look at it and immediately think "sexy children". Or something like that. I dunno. I don't care for it but I still really want to play B&S.

I think it's not that creeps are over flowing the market but that creeps are the ones spending the most money. See the dudes in Japan spending several thousands of dollars to buy CDs they never listen to for the chance to win a meet and greet ticket with the pop stars.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think it's not that creeps are over flowing the market but that creeps are the ones spending the most money. See the dudes in Japan spending several thousands of dollars to buy CDs they never listen to for the chance to win a meet and greet ticket with the pop stars.

Eh...yeah those people exist but I highly doubt that they consist of the majority of spenders. These people are a minority. They are considered weird in Japan too by a lot of Japanese just like people who do this same stuff to western celebs are usually considered weird in the states and EU. They don't drive these design decisions.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Xavier434 posted:

Eh...yeah those people exist but I highly doubt that they consist of the majority of spenders. These people are a minority. They are considered weird in Japan too by a lot of Japanese just like people who do this same stuff to western celebs are usually considered weird in the states and EU. They don't drive these design decisions.

these people are a minority but they spend shitloads of money on their pathetic obsessions

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
More Wildstar is garbage "news."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/05/14/wildstar-is-one-more-nail-in-the-coffin-of-the-subscription-mmo/

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Valatar posted:

Be fair, most goons are only lightly teasing Cyster, as far as SA treatments go. I've only ever seen one or two people actually sperging out at her, and they generally got told to calm the gently caress down by the other posters. I think most people just feel bad for her that her employment is hinging on this particular game.
Wasn't she a community rep for the WoW boards way back when?

This is probably a walk in the park, relatively speaking.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

Wasn't she a community rep for the WoW boards way back when?

This is probably a walk in the park, relatively speaking.

She's a mod of some vagina subreddit and ganergirlgeeks or something. I'm sure she will survive.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

RottenK posted:

these people are a minority but they spend shitloads of money on their pathetic obsessions

Some do I am sure, but they pale in comparison to people who just want to wear anime wings. The truth is that SA makes a much bigger deal out of these sickos than they actually are. They are insignificant and that is a wonderful thing.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Xavier434 posted:

Some do I am sure, but they pale in comparison to people who just want to wear anime wings. The truth is that SA makes a much bigger deal out of these sickos than they actually are. They are insignificant and that is a wonderful thing.

Yeah. This. If I had a mod wish, it'd be that we lay off the 'I saw so many posts and...' thing and switch to 'nobody gives a poo poo that you hate people that everybody already hates--you're not scoring any points or looking like you're highly moral or whatever. In fact, it's weird you feel the need to make a point out of it.'

I hate gnome, goblin, elin, fuzzball, kittensnarfs whatever, because for some reason, the people who play them seem to love ganking someone lower level, rolling need on poo poo they can't use, or beating you to resource nodes.

Some might say this is an unscientific observation subject to point of view.

They probably play gnomes.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ahahaha Forbes straight up took some poo poo an anonymous dude wrote on Reddit and used it as a legitimate source for an article. NICE.

Xavier434 posted:

It is awesome that sexualized preteen children is becoming a mainstream thing and not something right-thinking people should criticize amirite.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 15, 2015

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Tokaii is that you?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Flesh Forge posted:

It is awesome that sexualized preteen children is becoming a mainstream thing and not something right-thinking people should criticize amirite.

I'm all for burning the witch but this is just retarded. You don't need to make poo poo up to make fun of him.

The real answer is "I'm going to make fun of pedophiles all I want because no one but morons is going to defend it." He's trying to add statistics or some stupid real world meaning to a highly emotionally charged slam dunk of an argument. Numbers don't matter, making fun of pedophiles does.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That wasn't super specifically directed at Mayor McCheese, more at the notion itself.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Flesh Forge posted:

That wasn't super specifically directed at Mayor McCheese, more at the notion itself.

I think you meant Xavier434, but I will say Tera and Blade & Soul creep me out due to their children races. I remember Tera's community going apeshit over them putting pants on those bunny girl things.

I wish more games had Tera's combat, though.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Flesh Forge posted:

Ahahaha Forbes straight up took some poo poo an anonymous dude wrote on Reddit and used it as a legitimate source for an article. NICE.

David Thier is a contributor to their site, which isn't an actual staff or reporter position. It's just a editorial-style blog used for opinion pieces.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mayor McCheese posted:

I think you meant Xavier434, but I will say Tera and Blade & Soul creep me out due to their children races. I remember Tera's community going apeshit over them putting pants on those bunny girl things.

Oops yes, I dunno how I hosed that up sorry. Blade&Soul makes me ill in equal measure due to the come-gently caress-me 9 year olds and the weird gigantic buttocks everywhere, it's pretty much the ugliest ball of what the gently caress I've ever seen in a game. I.e. a worthy successor to Wildstar.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

the weird gigantic buttocks everywhere, it's pretty much the ugliest ball of what the gently caress

smh @ u

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Flesh Forge posted:

Oops yes, I dunno how I hosed that up sorry. Blade&Soul makes me ill in equal measure due to the come-gently caress-me 9 year olds and the weird gigantic buttocks everywhere, it's pretty much the ugliest ball of what the gently caress I've ever seen in a game. I.e. a worthy successor to Wildstar.

Hey now, the pedos can gently caress off but don't you hate on the booty.

but ya the butts in that game are a bit silly.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 15, 2015

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

It's okay that this exists because not THAT many people jerk off to it

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Grakkus posted:

It's okay that this exists because not THAT many people jerk off to it

Thats not representitive of the community, people wouldn't make galleries of even more horrible things than that

http://bns.gameguyz.com/pictures/screenshots/humor-screenshot-in-blade-and-soul-what-do-you-think.html

:yikes:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

This sure is some humor alright :stonk:

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
Firefox instantly crashed opening that link which I'm going to take as a sign.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Should probably take it as a sign to stop using Firefox.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The real answer is "I'm going to make fun of pedophiles all I want because no one but morons is going to defend it." He's trying to add statistics or some stupid real world meaning to a highly emotionally charged slam dunk of an argument. Numbers don't matter, making fun of pedophiles does.

Making fun of pedophiles doesn't really matter either, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

• Locked thread