Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Arus posted:

Um...what? These two statements contradict each other.

Yes arguing with a full growed up lady set in her ways is silly so we should all stop now.

They most definitely do NOT contradict each other. I was living month-to-month with as much savings as I could manage, because honestly I really did work my butt off and had more savings than a lot of my friends who made more money. It IS possible. And then my mom died - my last living relative, so I became "sorta rich" all of a sudden (on Christmas morning at 9AM. That was a GRAND christmas party in case you were wondering), in a very weird way where I suddenly owned a bunch of poo poo that I couldn't pay for, but because her packet of "important documents" was basically exploded across half of western-old-people Florida when she drove herself off a 100 foot overpass (because the breast cancer had gone to her brain), I had no reference point to find anything. So I played the most morbid years-long game of hunt and peck you could possible play to figure out where any money was and to even be legally able to sell those things that I was now responsible for. I couldn't even get into her safety deposit box because apparently, banks don't really like you bringing in a ziplock of 100 keys and trying every single one.

None of this has poo poo-all to do with my main point.

Even just "being generally nicer to people having babies" is not a good thing for the Earth. Doomsayer or Freak or whatever you wanna call me, there are already too many people. Wanting your OWN country to produce more is just as self-centered as anything I've said.

I'd really appreciate nobody being crazy weirdos and "reporting" this thread because I managed to accidentally derail it with having an unpopular opinion about a topic that was the main part of the last show.??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ApexAftermath posted:

Discussion of the show the thread is about. Whoever is clicking the report button for this thread is a huge douchebag and you should ignore them.

At this point it's less of a discussion and more of a curbstomping, and I hope to God this is the only thing I have to say on this subject.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Man, a case study right here in someone not being able to look beyond their immediate self.

"Why should I pay for someone else's X???"

- Ignores all the roads you benefit from but don't directly pay for.
- Ignores all the educated people in society that provide with you goods and services.
- Ignores how insurance works.
- Ignores laws and regulation that don't directly benefit them.
- Ignores the civil services like police and fire two counties over that also have a positive externality on their own.
- Ignores the possibility that a good solid start to child upbringing pays spades towards a more stable and just society.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'd really like to continue reading this thread, but basically I am at an impasse with pretty much everyone else- where we disagree on a fundamental aspect of human life. There is nothing more to be said.

It is mostly my fault for making a rather "personal" post, but I recognize that I have a problem with doing that, and it happens now and again, because I tend to type and think in a personal manner instead of making up general ideas for random people. And then it spirals into people using my actual life as an attack point, and then I get madder.. etc. etc. more spiral.

I really do enjoy the show, and I still stick by 100% of what I said; Someone saying that I was jumping through hoops to "justify" my actual life was hilarious (even though my viewpoint seems to be generally disagreeable). I realize I'm being a bit of a jerk here, trying to get the last word in, but I do agree with ALL THOSE THiNGS like roads and education that will make the human species better in the long run. I just DON'T agree that getting paid time off for cloning yourself is necessarily some kind of human right!

I would like to put some kind of Toxx clause in effect, where I will never speak of this matter again, and anyone else who does is also up for getting banned.. Because I like The Weekly Show, and others do too, and I'm sorry I crapped up the thread unintentionally, and I think everyone would like an end to it. FYI there is no mod or administrator involved in this. I just think it's for the good of everyone.

Is this an agreeable thing?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DoggPickle posted:

None of this has poo poo-all to do with my main point.

Even just "being generally nicer to people having babies" is not a good thing for the Earth. Doomsayer or Freak or whatever you wanna call me, there are already too many people. Wanting your OWN country to produce more is just as self-centered as anything I've said.

Haha what? Now you're arguing that paid maternity leave is A Bad Thing because human beings are destroying the earth? We had a wonderful multi-page derail in the D&D Climate Change thread about babies, not having babies, and climate change. Maybe you should hop in there to let people know your sweet new theory.

Who would have thought that by only eliminating maternity leave world-wide we could save the planet? Makes u think.

e: you don't need some stupid dramatic toxx thing, grandma ^^^^ Just stop posting.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
FYI pollution from industry has an effect on the environment about a zillion times higher than a bunch of measly individuals and it's hilarious to see global warming framed as something John Q Public did.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's hopeless to try to "win" an argument on the internet. At the end of the day, a bunch of people will still disagree, and that's OK because we live in a society of many diverse individuals.

While I would agree that paid maternity leave may be a bit complex to call a "universal right," in general, if you're in favor of human reproduction in general, you should support easing the burden of childbirth on new parents. But I guess you're not in favor of reproduction, so I understand not wanting any potential burdens from such a policy to fall upon yourself.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Look. I just did my absolute best to un-derail this thread. With no permanent enemies or hard feelings in mind. I don't know what the gently caress else anyone would want me to do right now. Yeah there are too many people to sustain the planet, and we should get that under control. But all this talk about the right to have kids is also based strongly in the idea that "my country" should have more kids. Am I wrong? It's a pretty clear fact that the more educated people get, the less children they have. That's totally screwing over a lot of very white, very globally rich countries. Why should I care about that?

Of COURSE the Al-Aqsa brigade wants to make it about D&D and calls me grandma when I'm 36. Maybe in Palestine.:laffo: I was literally forced to bear a child when I did not want one. The internet as we know it did not exist yet. I took all kinds of supposedly abortifactiants. I smoked as many cigarettes as possible.. I even resorted to punching myself in the stomach and "flailing" onto solid objects until my entire stomach was black and blue and I just couldn't do it anymore. Miscarriages are so CONVENIENT on TV. When I got to 5 months and realized that I couldn't get rid of this drat thing no matter what, I did what any humanitarian with an inkling of compassion would do and took really good care of myself so that it wouldn't come out misshapen or retarded.

^maybe that Palestine bit is a little uncalled for, but I've been nothing but polite, admitted that I have an unpopular opinion and agreed to just let it go.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

DoggPickle posted:

Look. I just did my absolute best to un-derail this thread. With no permanent enemies or hard feelings in mind. I don't know what the gently caress else anyone would want me to do right now. Yeah there are too many people to sustain the planet, and we should get that under control. But all this talk about the right to have kids is also based strongly in the idea that "my country" should have more kids. Am I wrong? It's a pretty clear fact that the more educated people get, the less children they have. That's totally screwing over a lot of very white, very globally rich countries. Why should I care about that?

Of COURSE the Al-Aqsa brigade wants to make it about D&D and calls me grandma when I'm 36. Maybe in Palestine.:laffo: I was literally forced to bear a child when I did not want one. The internet as we know it did not exist yet. I took all kinds of supposedly abortifactiants. I smoked as many cigarettes as possible.. I even resorted to punching myself in the stomach and "flailing" onto solid objects until my entire stomach was black and blue and I just couldn't do it anymore. Miscarriages are so CONVENIENT on TV. When I got to 5 months and realized that I couldn't get rid of this drat thing no matter what, I did what any humanitarian with an inkling of compassion would do and took really good care of myself so that it wouldn't come out misshapen or retarded.

^maybe that Palestine bit is a little uncalled for, but I've been nothing but polite, admitted that I have an unpopular opinion and agreed to just let it go.

:stare:

This crazy thread never stops giving.

Deadpool posted:

What the holy hell is going on in this thread? You know what nevermind, I don't care. Whatever it is drop it and move on.

Deadpool please let this continue somehow.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I didn't consider the latest episode particularly good due to costumes and Maternal Leave being pretty old news, but holy poo poo has this thread made it into one of the best episode-experiences.

I'm all for good, intelligent discussions about last weeks main topic, but a train-wreck is ok too. :allears:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DoggPickle posted:

But all this talk about the right to have kids is also based strongly in the idea that "my country" should have more kids. Am I wrong? It's a pretty clear fact that the more educated people get, the less children they have. That's totally screwing over a lot of very white, very globally rich countries. Why should I care about that?

Amazing. Simply amazing. :911:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoggPickle posted:

You should likely get some help. Like if any of that is true, just

Go talk to some one.

That's not on the internet.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Seriously, you're gonna keep quoting me and making non-posts? There is literally no content in your posts besides GTFO or "you're crazy".

I've had a lot of really bad crap happen to me in my lifetime. Shockingly, I'm completely sane, but I do have actual opinions. Everything I've said is 100% true. I've admitted that I made it personal when that was a mistake. I even called a general truce. But nah, your non-content poo poo posts are still happening. Am I supposed to just ignore it? Or if I keep responding do I get in trouble?

I laid out a win/win or at least (no-lose/no-lose scenario) and y'all just laughed at it and kept poo poo posting.

I DISAGREE WITH YOU. period. done.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

DoggPickle posted:

I would like to put some kind of Toxx clause in effect, where I will never speak of this matter again, and anyone else who does is also up for getting banned.. Because I like The Weekly Show, and others do too, and I'm sorry I crapped up the thread unintentionally, and I think everyone would like an end to it. FYI there is no mod or administrator involved in this. I just think it's for the good of everyone.

Is this an agreeable thing?

I too thought dropping this issue entirely would have been for the good of everyone when Deadpool very politely asked, but you're such an attention whore you're still posting.

Seriously, log off, go outside, and meet with a therapist.

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
This is all just Irish Joe getting revenge on that one guy who called him boring, right?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
So now I'm an attention whore because I can't ignore like 3 pages of quotes with shitpost replies? I've tried to fix this a couple times now. I loving give up. I've been nothing but completely patient and polite.

Just keep crap posting and making fun of me and calling me a nut-job/someone who needs "help" - because I was dumb enough to get suckered into posting RL stuff.

Not everyone who disagrees with you or has bad things happen is "broken".

That's ridiculously patronizing, (and you probably wouldn't say it to a guy) and screw it, have your thread where you can all be on the same exact page and have a little fun bro party. Your extreme-liberal ideas don't seem to leave much room for those with valid dissent. And believe me, I'm not talking about that stupid "two-sides to every issue" bullshit. Apparently, I'm just another crazy person who should be ignored or laughed a because I don't tow the company line in SOME respects. I wasn't advocating some Fox news Crazypants or Gun-Maggedon. I just disagree that very long leave for pregnancy is a "good thing" for society and also very not good for me personally as a worker or potential boss. Also it's NOT GOOD for 20-somethings trying to get jobs.

Raise your hand if you've ever been a 20-something girl attempting to get a good job.

And I still believe that I attempted quite clearly and in a friendly way to stop this and I was ignored. So basically gently caress OFF with your "stop posting-drama queen" bullshit. Approximately 3 people have made actual replies that pertained to my main question. The rest of you are just poo poo-posting over and over. Seriously.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

DoggPickle posted:

Seriously, you're gonna keep quoting me and making non-posts? There is literally no content in your posts besides GTFO or "you're crazy".

I've had a lot of really bad crap happen to me in my lifetime. Shockingly, I'm completely sane, but I do have actual opinions. Everything I've said is 100% true. I've admitted that I made it personal when that was a mistake. I even called a general truce. But nah, your non-content poo poo posts are still happening. Am I supposed to just ignore it? Or if I keep responding do I get in trouble?

I laid out a win/win or at least (no-lose/no-lose scenario) and y'all just laughed at it and kept poo poo posting.

I DISAGREE WITH YOU. period. done.
Everything bad that has happened to you has been made exponentially worse by the very attitudes and policies you've been espousing.

You should have been able to get an abortion. If you didn't want one, you should have been provided with a safety net that would allow you to bear and care for your child for a reasonable amount of time. You should have been able to take off work to deal with the deaths of your parents, who in turn should have been able to access proper healthcare. Instead, the monstrous gently caress You, Got Mine attitude of this country has left you bitter, broken and eager to spread that pain.

When you agree with sadistic scumbags like Irish Joe, you're agreeing with the lunatic idea that everything is foreseeable and therefore literally torturing yourself in an attempt to end your pregnancy is acceptable because you should have seen it coming. The mendacious warning about "cradle-to-grave government support" ignores the fact that the government already interfered, forcing you into the nightmare of your unwanted child's cradle to the horrifying graves of your parents, all under the auspices of "self-reliance."

Of all the things to complain about tax dollars being spent on, maternity leave is at the absolute bottom of the loving list.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DoggPickle posted:

And I still believe that I attempted quite clearly and in a friendly way to stop this and I was ignored. So basically gently caress OFF with your "stop posting-drama queen" bullshit. Approximately 3 people have made actual replies that pertained to my main question. The rest of you are just poo poo-posting over and over. Seriously.

You asserted we only care about white babies in our nationalist zeal. There is no way to seriously respond to that.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Slamhound posted:

Everything bad that has happened to you has been made exponentially worse by the very attitudes and policies you've been espousing.

You should have been able to get an abortion. If you didn't want one, you should have been provided with a safety net that would allow you to bear and care for your child for a reasonable amount of time. You should have been able to take off work to deal with the deaths of your parents, who in turn should have been able to access proper healthcare. Instead, the monstrous gently caress You, Got Mine attitude of this country has left you bitter, broken and eager to spread that pain.

When you agree with sadistic scumbags like Irish Joe, you're agreeing with the lunatic idea that everything is foreseeable and therefore literally torturing yourself in an attempt to end your pregnancy is acceptable because you should have seen it coming. The mendacious warning about "cradle-to-grave government support" ignores the fact that the government already interfered, forcing you into the nightmare of your unwanted child's cradle to the horrifying graves of your parents, all under the auspices of "self-reliance."

Of all the things to complain about tax dollars being spent on, maternity leave is at the absolute bottom of the loving list.

This is actually one of the context posts that I would like to reply to. I SHOULD have been allowed to have an abortion. But at past 12 weeks, there were actually very few states where I could have possibly have had it done and it started at around 5 grand (plus plane ticket), and my parents didn't have that kind of money. I don't see how that has any relevance to my original question (but I also brought it up tangentially so my bad), Some states SUCK rear end, but it's gotten a lot better, thank the whatevers :) It turned out in the end that I was actually only 10 weeks at the time I got tested, so I COULD have had a legal abortion if the clinic hadn't based the age of the embryo on it's size. Apparently it was just a fat-rear end embryo.

My parents actually both worked for the government, so they were not eligible for SS. It worked very differently. They spent approximately 20 years dying when you combine them, and like 95% of that was still covered by healthcare, so what exactly am I totally bitter about?

Being forced by the government to incubate a child that you don't want inside your own body is actually something that is VERY hard to get over. I was in some kind of crazy 1% of 1% where I did not know it was happening until it was technically too late. I understand that that is very rare. I'm not projecting that onto anyone else.

So in general, why is MORE government a good thing? It is only ever interfered in my life in a negative way.

I had to leave work to fix up my parents' house (45 minutes away) so I could fix it up to sell it before I ran out all my credit cards, and I randomly had a stroke when I was un-covered by insurance. I had to take an ambulance and I checked myself out of the hospital against medical advice after ~36 hours. And it STILL cost me over 10,000 US dollars out of pocket. Extreme medical costs are ridiculous and can't be planned for, and that's why I very specifically said that's something that sucks and you can't plan for. But there are a lot of basic things that people COULD save for, if they just put a little more effort into saving and less into buying Starbucks. Bootstraps Bootstraps, but it always KILLED me how much I saved versus my friends who made more money.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Gyges posted:

You asserted we only care about white babies in our nationalist zeal. There is no way to seriously respond to that.

I asserted that your Nationalistic Baby crazy was generally related to you being in a white country where the birth rate has dipped. Tell me I'm wrong.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DoggPickle posted:

I asserted that your Nationalistic Baby crazy was generally related to you being in a white country where the birth rate has dipped. Tell me I'm wrong.

Our population largely grows through immigration and we'd like for all mothers, even the brown ones, to have paid maternity leave. Race has nothing to do with it, nor does nationality. Well, other than the fact that it's the US and Papua New Guinea who are apparently the only places where getting some paid leave when you have a baby is a controversial idea.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

It's not that human beings should have more kids, it's more that human beings are going to have kids whether you like it or not. Human beings having more kids is an inevitable fact of life. And that being the case, we should give parents a better chance to take care of their kids properly with paid maternity/paternity leave. Kids that are better taken care of leads to so many positive things for society; it's almost as if kids grow up to be the society of tomorrow.

Rated PG-34 fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 15, 2015

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everbody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Please seek help, DoggPickle, or at the very least stop posting like you promised you would with a toxx.

Also shame on the guy earlier who said John Oliver needs to curb his mascot fetish, it's one of the best recurring jokes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Businesses shouldn't have to pay for mothers who want to poo poo out babies. :colbert:

The government should cover the parental time-off payment out of the overall budget instead. Society can pay.

But businesses doing it is the second best option.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DoggPickle posted:

the fact that you feel inclined to make this type of toxx should raise a little bit of self awareness for you.

stop posting. i'm not being mean, i'm helping you out here.

messagemode1 posted:

I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everbody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
if you're going to rip someone's quote, at least give them credit.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

DoggPickle posted:

So in general, why is MORE government a good thing? It is only ever interfered in my life in a negative way.

Imagine a world in which the government interferes in lives, but in a positive way. I'm very sorry that regressive, conservative government hosed up your life. But can you imagine government wielding that same power, but for good? That's kind of what we want here. Anyway, keep pulling that R lever.

e: you seem to think that people advocating for paid maternity leave are in some way connected to or equivalent to white supremacists??? :wtc:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I'm just saying, if the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of poo poo. And I’d like to get as many of them out in the open as possible. You gotta get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say about your reality?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

How are u posted:

Imagine a world in which the government interferes in lives, but in a positive way. I'm very sorry that regressive, conservative government hosed up your life. But can you imagine government wielding that same power, but for good? That's kind of what we want here. Anyway, keep pulling that R lever.

e: you seem to think that people advocating for paid maternity leave are in some what connected to or equivalent of white supremacists??? :wtc:

imagine this thing... imagine it

i won't describe it for you so that it will continue to be vague, which will completely undermine the point i am trying to make...

but imagine it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DoggPickle posted:

I really think that calling my post some CRAZY person Rant/rave is a bit out of touch with reality.

This is what every post of yours in every thread sounds like.

DoggPickle posted:

Raise your hand if you've ever been a 20-something girl attempting to get a good job.

Hello!

Rarity fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 15, 2015

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

DoggPickle posted:

You guys have made it quite clear that I will never get any reasonable replies, and the next generation is really weird and pretentious because you want rainbows and unicorns. Screw it.

Just like how every other country on the planet provides maternal leave, but it can't possibly work in the US, it must be *everyone else* who is wrong and weird and for sure not you. Never you. You are exceptional.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

DoggPickle posted:

Miscarriages are so CONVENIENT on TV.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Also shame on the guy earlier who said John Oliver needs to curb his mascot fetish, it's one of the best recurring jokes.

I demand Whoopsie, the Convenient-TV-Miscarriage-Dingo

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm at work, or right now I'd be posting that Ctrl-Alt-Del comic (you know which one) only with the last panel showing his girlfriend with a big grin and a triumphant fist pump.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I'm at work, or right now I'd be posting that Ctrl-Alt-Del comic (you know which one) only with the last panel showing his girlfriend with a big grin and a triumphant fist pump.

Do it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

DoggPickle posted:

If you can't even afford a month without pay, then how the hell are you going to afford diapers, school supplies, clothes etc. for 18+ years?

We live in a reality where having a baby is A CHOICE. There is absolutely no doubt that it is a CHOICE.

Eh it's a choice for most women but not for a lot of young men. :shrug: I feel bad when I meet guys that are like 19 and are paying child support for a kid they never wanted.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Having children is selfish?! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Having children is what some folks do to give their own existence meaning.
So, yes, in part it's selfish.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Please seek help, DoggPickle, or at the very least stop posting like you promised you would with a toxx.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

"Guys I really just wish everyone would drop it!"

*continues to respond to every post in the thread*

e: to be semi on-topic, what big story is there for John to cover at the beginning this week? I'm guessing maybe he'll bring up the Pats, but I don't recall any other Big News from the week prior.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 15, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'd really like it for them to cover the whole Jeb Bush thing where he was trying to cheat FEC rules by running for President but not actually announcing and using that as a loophole to raise more money than he is legally allowed to.

Although he could definitely get a whole show about how toothless the FEC is now and how everybody just does whatever they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this? posted:

I'd really like it for them to cover the whole Jeb Bush thing where he was trying to cheat FEC rules by running for President but not actually announcing and using that as a loophole to raise more money than he is legally allowed to.

Although he could definitely get a whole show about how toothless the FEC is now and how everybody just does whatever they want.

Was it the daily show that reported on the head of the FEC throwing up her hands and saying gently caress it we're not going after anyone for violations anymore? That agency is severely hosed, but after Citizens United I'm not sure it really matters all that much, just slather the candidates with logos like they're a NASCAR skin and be done with it..

• Locked thread