Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I have defeated FingersMcLongDong 2-1, after a well-fought match starring many many punts on both sides of the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015

AgentSythe posted:

which timezone are we talking here?

I work from home so we can probably work something out. It looks like your Wednesday is free?

I'm eastern standard. Wednesday's cool before 2 my time

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Wildfire1 slew Grashnak 2-1

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

wildfire1 posted:

Wildfire1 slew Grashnak 2-1

The first two games were great, then I had to mull to 3 in game 3 to get a hand with both lands and spells.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Grashnak posted:

The first two games were great, then I had to mull to 3 in game 3 to get a hand with both lands and spells.

Yep :( RUG delver then (sorta) did it's thing and beat him before he got action together.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
agentsythe, want to go?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MySwan posted:

agentsythe, want to go?

i'm sitting in a conference call. You said tomorrow and friday before 4EST works?

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015

AgentSythe posted:

i'm sitting in a conference call. You said tomorrow and friday before 4EST works?

after 4 est

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

Ramos, when do you want to run our match? I'm free daytimes Pacific time, or elsewhen by arrangement.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MySwan posted:

after 4 est

oh okay that's even better. i'll find you tomorrow

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

instantrunoffvote posted:

Ramos, when do you want to run our match? I'm free daytimes Pacific time, or elsewhen by arrangement.

Ramos posted:

Will be on mtgoon all this week after 6PM EST, instantrunoffvote.

Though I've made plans, so Thursday or the weekend should do.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Sigma-X posted:

Steve, let me know your availability. I'm available in the evenings PST time mon/wed/thurs and can be available on the weekend as well.

Are you around now?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Are you around now?

yes.

I'm in mtgoon and will be idling there for a while. Might play a dota, hit me up on Steam if I'm not responding

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

yes.

I'm in mtgoon and will be idling there for a while. Might play a dota, hit me up on Steam if I'm not responding

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sigma-X

Either I'm in the wrong place (likely) or I'm not seeing you. Also not seeing you on Steam.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MySwan posted:

after 4 est

I'll be hanging out in IRC til at least 10PM eastern if you get time tonight

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Archenteron posted:

We keep meeting on IRC, going "We should play our match" "Yeah, we really should" and then putting it off. Should hopefully get that done in the next two days by when they do, yeah.

Hey PMed you but pinging you here too in case you don't check 'em often. I'm on IRC all night and free to play if you are.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Either I'm in the wrong place (likely) or I'm not seeing you. Also not seeing you on Steam.

we found each other on steam and agreed to play tonight and now I'm just waiting on him. it's tricky for us because I work until 7:00 PST and he's EST. We should have our game tonight or if not this weekend.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

we found each other on steam and agreed to play tonight and now I'm just waiting on him. it's tricky for us because I work until 7:00 PST and he's EST. We should have our game tonight or if not this weekend.

Not going to be around tonight. Sunday, remember? I work at midnight so you getting home at 1030 doesn't work very well for me.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

suicidesteve posted:

Not going to be around tonight. Sunday, remember? I work at midnight so you getting home at 1030 doesn't work very well for me.

oh right. I have no memory :v:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

oh right. I have no memory :v:

No big deal. I wouldn't have been able to do anything today. My daughter is being a Satan. Of course now that my wife is home she's happy as a bag of wigs. :argh:

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015

AgentSythe posted:

I'll be hanging out in IRC til at least 10PM eastern if you get time tonight

oh jesus, im sorry man, can you reschedule for today?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MySwan posted:

oh jesus, im sorry man, can you reschedule for today?

I'm MIA all day today, what you got this weekend?

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
sunday anytime after 5

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Hey PMed you but pinging you here too in case you don't check 'em often. I'm on IRC all night and free to play if you are.

Our definitions of "all night" didn't apparently synch up, and you weren't on this afternoon. I will likely be out till the wee hours today, so... sometime saturday afternoon? I'm free all day Sunday otherwise.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MySwan posted:

sunday anytime after 5

Cool. I'll be in IRC all day Sunday so let me know when is good for you

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
ChewyLSB over TheMarchHare 2-0

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

2-1 Archenteron over MiddleEastBeast

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Archenteron beat me, 2-1. Game 1 I rode Tarmogoyf fueled by his Mesmeric Orb to a quick win while he struggled to assemble his combo. Games 2 and 3 he sideboarded into even more (and different) unfair stuff that caught me off guard (Show and Tell into Emrakul game 2, Painter/Grindclock game 3) and I didn't have much going on except a meaningless Grafdigger's Cage. I should probably pay more attention to the sideboards in posted decklists.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

1/2 to Sigma-X. 3 bad mulls to 6 and terrible draws. Hooray variance!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Beat suicidesteve 2-1.

lost g1 because I managed to skip his turn and not cast a moment's peace. Game 2 he goes T1 delver, T2 brainstorm seeing no lands and I have infinite time to do 12-posty things. game 3 we're both on 1 mana forever thanks to many wastelands, including my own, and he skips a turn in there completely (again, gently caress xmage) but I get rolling with primetimes after he counters like 3 things and flashes back ancient grudge (which was super value this game) and get to play candelabra / post shenanigans.

e: my 12-post deck in this format is pretty jank because I'm testing things for my IRL mono-green 12 post and I have to say I think ancient stirrings is pretty legit. It is a bit scary not having a full set of vesuvas though, I can't chain glimmerposts into timewalks forever and I have markedly less life to play with as a result. It hasn't affected my ability to win yet but I can see it being problematic against burn and grixis delver.

Sigma-X fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 17, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Sigma-X posted:

Beat suicidesteve 2-1.

lost g1 because I managed to skip his turn and not cast a moment's peace. Game 2 he goes T1 delver, T2 brainstorm seeing no lands and I have infinite time to do 12-posty things. game 3 we're both on 1 mana forever thanks to many wastelands, including my own, and he skips a turn in there completely (again, gently caress xmage) but I get rolling with primetimes after he counters like 3 things and flashes back ancient grudge (which was super value this game) and get to play candelabra / post shenanigans.

Yeah, the whole not drawing any colored lands or creatures or cantrips or relevant cards outside of Wasteland game 3 for 10 turns kinda screwed me, as well as drawing 4 lands in a row once I finally did draw a fetch for my Trop.

I probably would have skipped my turn anyway. I drew Ponder which seemed worse than keeping up Stifle against your Wasteland. It's just pretty annoying that it kinda decided to skip it without me telling it to?

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
Agentsythe, I'm very sorry but i concede due to a personal issue going on at the moment

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

MySwan posted:

Agentsythe, I'm very sorry but i concede due to a personal issue going on at the moment

No worries, it's just wizard poker. Sorry we couldn't play it out.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
hi folkse, this is what i'm missing:

suicidesteve vs Sigma-X
Ramos vs instantrunoffvote
pakman vs kizudarake
Archenteron vs MiddleEastBeast

if i missed your post my bad just let me know so i can update. if not get playin sone

black potus fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 19, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

He 1/2'd me.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm still on mtgoon, instantrunoffvote.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

black potus posted:

hi folkse, this is what i'm missing:

suicidesteve vs Sigma-X
Ramos vs instantrunoffvote
pakman vs kizudarake
Archenteron vs MiddleEastBeast

if i missed your post my bad just let me know so i can update. if not get playin sone

Archenteron posted:

2-1 Archenteron over MiddleEastBeast

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
ok so just ramos and irv

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
And me and Parkman

black potus posted:

ok so just ramos and irv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
oh he told me he scooped but i guess he did not tell you!

• Locked thread