Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

How much are the Last Days books focusing on incursion stuff?

The Magneto one starts as the final incursion is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I know that's probably just a generic zombie symbiote, but I'm going to choose to believe it's Riot's appearance in this crossover.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Theres like 40 books.

That's why you buy each for $1.99 from a reliable key seller each week...especially when that's a flat fee (saving 8 bucks on Deadpool 250 was nice and so was paying 4 for both issues of Secret Wars).

Of course of you want the floppies you're kind of hosed.

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

gfanikf posted:

That's why you buy each for $1.99 from a reliable key seller each week...especially when that's a flat fee (saving 8 bucks on Deadpool 250 was nice and so was paying 4 for both issues of Secret Wars).

Of course of you want the floppies you're kind of hosed.

What is a key seller?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Diggie posted:

What is a key seller?

Some physical issues come with a free digital key which in guessing there's a resale market for them?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Speaking of those, I've got a few that I don't need - would it be proper to offer them here, or should I just do that in the catchall Marvel thread?

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Some physical issues come with a free digital key which in guessing there's a resale market for them?

Oh, gotcha.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Diggie posted:

Oh, gotcha.

Yep, I found one who I was buying off of from eBay and just set up a relationship where I just pick the titles I want and pay $1.99 for each and pay via PayPal. I think the guy has around 5 or 6 other customers.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

There's also the /r/comiccodes subreddit, where those digital codes usually go for $1; sometimes people will discount older ones or ask more for pricy-rear end issues like Secret Wars/Deadpool 250/whatever. I have a few people on there who get stuff from me on the regular. :shobon: It's pretty nice.

Anyway, goddamn did I like that second issue. So loving cool. :swoon: It apparently confused the poo poo out of one of my friends, though, who keeps IMing me like WHY ARE THERE SO MANY THORS? AM I SUPPOSED TO BE CONFUSED? I HATE THIS, I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO FINISH IT. Which is a pretty great reaction to have to a comic, I guess! I honestly thought this issue did a pretty good job of setting up the world and its rules, but ...? :shrug: I do get criticisms about the Doom thing but issue 2 is way less confusing than the first.

A Tin Of Beans fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 14, 2015

Gothmog
Aug 27, 2003

I'm a mental patient. I'm supposed to act out.
There's a number of Hulks rolling around, and I'm assuming the Infinity Gauntlet series might be about some powerful gems that made it to Battleworld. So having a stockpile of Mjolnirs sitting around waiting for the worthy doesn't seem that weird.

I'm really enjoying the world building, and the side titles if done right could make this whole event a classic.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just answer all his questions with 'a wizardDoom did it.'

I really dont get the criticisms of the comic being all :love:Doom:love: because he's set up a really hosed up world and you can see it's all about to blow right the gently caress up in his face right?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Gothmog posted:

There's a number of Hulks rolling around, and I'm assuming the Infinity Gauntlet series might be about some powerful gems that made it to Battleworld. So having a stockpile of Mjolnirs sitting around waiting for the worthy doesn't seem that weird.

I'm really enjoying the world building, and the side titles if done right could make this whole event a classic.

This is a person I've tried to explain Beta Ray Bill to like three times. :negative: Friend refuses to accept that shits supposed to be different and weird. Also refused to read any of Avengers/NA too though so ... :shrug:

I wasn't initially planning on getting the Thors book, but after that? Man, I'm in.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Viewer discretion is advised.

*Thunderclap*

Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

'Thors' is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement. The suspects are innocent until proven guilty in the court of Doom.

Also which comic is going to have more of this?:

I need more super rear end in a top hat Sinister.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 15, 2015

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A Tin Of Beans posted:

This is a person I've tried to explain Beta Ray Bill to like three times.

If you don't like/get Beta Ray Bill, maybe superhero comics aren't your game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BRB explained in 2 pages.

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012
So is the baby Beyonder actually The Sentry?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What? No, he's the one from the original SW series.

Fuckstick Electric
Nov 25, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

What? No, he's the one from the original SW series.

Well, I mean, Beyonder loves being "human" and a "superhero", he's hosed with Molecule Man (going so far as to murder him, previously) and he's got a fictional past complete with a light side and a dark side. I hope it's hilariously retconned into that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what Ultimate comics set up Secret Wars? Or is it all on the 616 side?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

All the stuff with incursions is only on the 616 side, explaining what "The City" is is covered in Hickman's Ultimates, but it's not super necessary. Ultimate Reed turned evil in an earlier mini series, but I never read it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Everything is contained within Avengers & New Avengers. The Cabal finds themselves in the Ult universe in...Avengers 41, I believe.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So was there a hiatus in Ultimate comics then or did the storylines just ignore everything going on.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ultimate comics is dead.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

The Magneto Last Days was kind of blah.

Seriously, I hope all the "Last Days" books aren't going to follow that template of starting at the very last incursion with the lead character going "I can stop this/save everyone!" when we already know they can't and won't because that's just kind of a bummer.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So was there a hiatus in Ultimate comics then or did the storylines just ignore everything going on.
Anything Ult. U and incursion related would take place after everything else.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Ultimate comics is dead.

Oh. That's a shame since I've only ever followed that universe. If I start with the reading list in the OP will I be alright even though I have no idea what's happened in 616 canon except the One More Day fiasco?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the key reading list will cover it all.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
So when do the first of the other secret wars comics that aren't the main series come out? #2 was great and all but all those other ones are what really sound amazing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wolpertinger posted:

So when do the first of the other secret wars comics that aren't the main series come out? #2 was great and all but all those other ones are what really sound amazing.
Here ya go. (just scroll down)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I'm just reading issue 2 and there's something that makes me stop and just stare at it every other page. Esad Ribic is so loving good. I'd forgotten how metal his Thor run was.

Blind Marvin
Feb 13, 2012
So I'm working through the lead up to this event, starting with some Fantastic Four comics Hickman wrote back in the Cretaceous Period, and I just had a quick question: in F4 572, one of the alternate timeline Reeds says five other Reeds escaped, one through one Bridge, four through another Bridge. Now, we later meet the four that escaped through the 616 bridge, because Valeria meets them and they become bad guys. But since those four are mostly present in this scene, is this just a plot hole? I don't mind if it is, this story is insane, and I understand if the creators just changed their mind partway through, but the relationship between F4 572 and 582 confuses me.

Everything is confusing me.

If this ends up having nothing to do with Secret Wars at all, then I don't know what the gently caress...

Blind Marvin fucked around with this message at 08:30 on May 15, 2015

Blind Marvin
Feb 13, 2012
double post!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Blind Marvin posted:

So I'm working through the lead up to this event, starting with some Fantastic Four comics Hickman wrote back in the Cretaceous Period, and I just had a quick question: in F4 572, one of the alternate timeline Reeds says five other Reeds escaped, one through one Bridge, four through another Bridge. Now, we later meet the four that escaped through the 616 bridge, because Valeria meets them and they become bad guys. But since those four are mostly present in this scene, is this just a plot hole? I don't mind if it is, this story is insane, and I understand if the creators just changed their mind at partway through, but the relationship between F4 572 and 582 confuses me.

Everything is confusing me.

If this ends up having nothing to do with Secret Wars at all, then I don't know what the gently caress...

The fifth reed is 616.

Blind Marvin
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

The fifth reed is 616.

Ah, so since they are all Reeds, they didn't recognize that the Reed that returned with weapons was not a different Reed? I can buy that. But at least 2 of the other four Reeds are present in that scene, right? I'm sure it will be explained as I read through the run, and I don't want to start a derail, unless anyone else has this same question, half a decade after the fact.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SynthOrange posted:

BRB explained in 2 pages.

I just realized, thats the Power Pack kids, who got their powers from a Wizard of BRB's race didn't they?

I'm pretty sure Val is going to figure things out, that this is a constructed Universe, that was her whole talk with the Sheriff of Agamotto (serious, Stephen needs to keep that title) and is going to be the one who is the catalyst for everything returning to normal.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nah BRB's horse aliens and Power Pack's horse aliens are just examples of convergent horse evolution.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Can't wait to see New Quack City.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I just realized, thats the Power Pack kids, who got their powers from a Wizard of BRB's race didn't they?

I'm pretty sure Val is going to figure things out, that this is a constructed Universe, that was her whole talk with the Sheriff of Agamotto (serious, Stephen needs to keep that title) and is going to be the one who is the catalyst for everything returning to normal.

I would be 100% on board with Valeria saving the day and beating Doom.

I would also be 100% on board with seeing Franklin and Galactus take on the Cabal.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
ARe any of the Secret Wars books out right now? Also the ongoings that weren't effected can all be " This happened Waaaaaaaaay before".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Hollismason posted:

ARe any of the Secret Wars books out right now? Also the ongoings that weren't effected can all be " This happened Waaaaaaaaay before".

So far it is only Secret Wars and a couple "Last Days of..."

• Locked thread