Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

No , it's not. It plays nothing like the JoJo fighter or what any JoJo game should play like.

Aside from a few of the subsystems, like Persona Break, what makes P4Arena not appropriate as a JoJo fighting game approximation? Personas are literally psychic battle familiars associated with one's personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Broseph Brostar posted:

It'd be exactly like a Telltale adventure game, with an original story and characters, except you have stand abilities that are like permanent inventory items.
An adventure game might be feasible but after the Wolf Among Us and the Walking Dead Season Two I don't want Telltale anywhere near Jojo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh no Persona and stands are basically the same, but P4A is just Blazblue, but better. The persona are attack buttons themselves rather than a variable button that lets you activate stand or do special poo poo. In both JoJo fighting games the stands actively stay out and change how your character plays, while Persona 4 Arena they are another method of attack and your character is always the same throughout the fight. I've always thought that was actually a pretty good way to capture the style of JoJo since the character can fight on their own, but bringing stands out changes the whole fight. While in Persona the Persona are used for individual attacks and don't actively change how a character... exists. At the end of the day they're the same kind of thing, but in gameplay they're really different.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I would murder a man for a Jojo game using the new Guilty Gear graphics style.

Well that and to have it actually be good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Asura's Wrath, but jojo

or, you know, a hideki kamiya battle tendency game

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Archenteron posted:

In spanish, it is Jamón

Jamón right straight from God?

(This is the only post I've skimmed over that seemed good)

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

FirstAidKite posted:

Asura's Wrath, but jojo

No

FirstAidKite posted:

YES! YES! YES!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

Godhand with American Crackers

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

Godhand with American Crackers

God Hand where the face buttons control your character, D-pad controls your stand.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Fiend Computer posted:

I would murder a man for a Jojo game using the new Guilty Gear graphics style.

Well that and to have it actually be good.

Sol Badguy and Jotaro are basically the same guy anyway.

PLATINUM INSTALL

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh no Persona and stands are basically the same, but P4A is just Blazblue, but better. The persona are attack buttons themselves rather than a variable button that lets you activate stand or do special poo poo. In both JoJo fighting games the stands actively stay out and change how your character plays, while Persona 4 Arena they are another method of attack and your character is always the same throughout the fight. I've always thought that was actually a pretty good way to capture the style of JoJo since the character can fight on their own, but bringing stands out changes the whole fight. While in Persona the Persona are used for individual attacks and don't actively change how a character... exists. At the end of the day they're the same kind of thing, but in gameplay they're really different.
sir, this is a McDonald's drive through

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh okay, you're Butt Ghost. I was wondering why I kept seeing you everywhere, yet couldn't remember who you were.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sup

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Any of you guys think Joseph met Weird Al and taught him some of the Ripple? I mean, look at him:

He's around 54 in this picture.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

joseph isn't real. sorry.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
He's real in my heart, and that's all that matters.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Supersonic Shine posted:

Any of you guys think Joseph met Weird Al and taught him some of the Ripple? I mean, look at him:

He's around 54 in this picture.

No, but Araki probably did.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Why would Araki give Weird Al the means to destroy him?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Araki is the Ultimate Being, so the Ripple poses no threat to him.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

gently caress you jotaro

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

For real though, Part 6 reveals that Dio was watching Michael Jackson concerts, which means the mansion got MTV, which means he would probably know about Weird Al.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm thinking tonight's episode is going to end on Polnareff's "death".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/contents/story/43.html

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You made me destroy Master Dio's image!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Vanilla Ice's loyalty to Dio really is his most terrifying trait.

The OVA squandered him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

You made me destroy Master Dio's image!

Contrary to last week, this death is making me dread watching Jojo today. :ohdear:

Also, how does Iggy know what Dio looks like? Did Joseph show him a spirit photo or something?

Bad Seafood posted:

Vanilla Ice's loyalty to Dio really is his most terrifying trait.

The OVA squandered him.

He died from getting his head cut in half, too. What kind of vampire is that?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Contrary to last week, this death is making me dread watching Jojo today. :ohdear:

Also, how does Iggy know what Dio looks like? Did Joseph show him a spirit photo or something?

Dogs have different depth perception to a human, so they'd have a lot of trouble distinguishing a person accurately in a photograph.
:goonsay:

The answer is he just does. That or Polly is super good at describing people.

E:
I'm not sure if it was this thread or the anime thread, but someone asked if Kakyoin has a character song on the anthologies albums because it wasn't obvious from the titles. He does, it's Goodbye Nostalgia on the new one. (It's not up on YT yet).

It's super sad.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 15, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe Avdol, Kakyoin, and Polnareff frequently pass the time recounting how terrifyingly large and beautiful Dio is, and Iggy just memorized his appearance that way.

That started out as a joke, but now I'm starting to believe it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Fool's copy also speaks as DIO, so while they're all describing how super sexy DIO is, they also discuss how amazing he sounds too.

I want David to change the ending and have DIO win. I like him more than the Crusaders. :colbert:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

I'm thinking tonight's episode is going to end on Polnareff's "death".

I honestly hope it ends with the end of the fight

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I want DIO asap, to the point that Suzy Q can just get thrown out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We'd miss out on Rosas/Roses being a true Speedwagon though.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
http://a.pomf.se/tcbvyr.webm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The music in this episode is amazing, sets the tone extremely well.
The Iggy beatdown is really uncomfortable to watch. Really, really, really uncomfortable. If you love dogs, watch this with caution because holy gently caress.

They do their best to save a little budget late in.
It ends just after "Later, Iggy" and makes it look like Polnareff is dead.

Episode is amazing, but hard to watch.

The next episode is called "Vanilla Ice 3" but Nukesaku is in it so it surely ends with DIO at the top of the stairs just before the face reveal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aurain posted:

The Iggy beatdown is really uncomfortable to watch. Really, really, really uncomfortable. If you love dogs, watch this with caution because holy gently caress.

I don't even like dogs and I'm dreading it. :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was way more graphic than I thought it would be, longer and there's minimal censorship. It's just nasty as hell. It really gets all of his brutality across though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Aurain posted:

It ends just after "Later, Iggy" and makes it look like Polnareff is dead.

Yessssss

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Poor Iggy :(

I completely forgot how he (pol) gets out of this, too. It's been so long since I read part 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
drat this episode was violent, my fav of the season. Maximum pain.

• Locked thread