Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unclean009
Mar 27, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

is it time for a new patch/new content yet

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I just hope the next patch is imminent, massive, and adds a bunch of content

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

This game is starved as hell for new content :/

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Any eta/update on the new maps, or if new content will accompany it?

Adding new content for a game takes more than a couple weeks to complete. Please be patient. They just announced a new map this week.

With those mystery steam achievements I would say there's a chance of other content besides the new map in the next couple weeks but I wouldn't bet my money on it.

Unclean009 fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Gromit posted:

I've not dug into the dark bowels of the graphics settings to maybe fix it, but I keep seeing this weird blood texture switch on this truck every time I play and it shits me. It's even worse when the splat is way smaller. It doesn't even look like its a level of detail thing, as both seem equally detailed.

Looks like the next lod has its UV coords shifted. Probably a bug specific to that asset/map and not systemic of the lod in kf2.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

8 new achievements just got loaded into Steam. They're currently unnamed, but that's 3 for each difficulty of Manor and 5 for ......... ??

edit: Speaking of the achievements, I just now noticed their cute little naming schemes. All the ones for Paris are alliterated, and the ones for Outpost are references to Fear and Loathing in LV, The Big Lebowski and Game of Thrones. Not sure what's up with Biotics Lab tho.

Looks like just different levels of biological containment. Plus Outpost Suicidal has that sweet sweet ESB reference.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Shumagorath posted:

quote:

Wrap it up KF2 thread, the best custom map has already been made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeJlLy_oSvA

I rest my case.
not seeing the resemblance to KF1 ganjafarm

I never played KF1, but I played a ganjafarm remake or something in kf2 and it was completely awful. Like, not even ironically funny, it was just flat out awful. So does that make it a bad remake or true to source?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

not seeing the resemblance to KF1 ganjafarm

quote:

I never played KF1, but I played a ganjafarm remake or something in kf2 and it was completely awful. Like, not even ironically funny, it was just flat out awful. So does that make it a bad remake or true to source?

Bad remake. The remake is loving huge. The main reason ganja farm worked in the original is because it exploited the welding mechanic. Doors were technically invincible until you let the weld fail.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

SWAT need a riot shield that can reflect husk fireballs

That sounds pretty cool actually

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Unclean009 posted:

Adding new content for a game takes more than a couple weeks to complete. Please be patient. They just announced a new map this week.

With those mystery steam achievements I would say there's a chance of other content besides the new map in the next couple weeks but I wouldn't bet my money on it.
No way dude TWI probably has the entire game finished and is holding out on us just to make us complain man don't you see

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Skoll posted:

Bad remake. The remake is loving huge. The main reason ganja farm worked in the original is because it exploited the welding mechanic. Doors were technically invincible until you let the weld fail.

The funny part of ganja was seeing slow people get locked out to fend for themselves.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Oh my god why is it so hard to convince pubbies that the backup talent is broken? It takes literally the same amount of 9mm bullets to kill things with or without the talent, I was obsessive enough to check.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Any eta/update on the new maps, or if new content will accompany it?

Don't hold your breath

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i bet those gently caress-faces at tripwire already made all the content and they're holding it back out of spite

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

there filing theyre fat fukking facea withij thijs fujcikng cokmtent i just fikcgn no it

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Ruggington posted:

i bet those gently caress-faces at tripwire already made all the content and they're holding it back out of spite
Hey I totally said that after stealing it from someone earlier in the thread so like, get your own stolen lines man t:mad:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im just somad abiut thiese FUCKKIJHG FUFKS

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Unclean009 posted:

trip wire is loving us again

i honestly just want the lever action rifle again

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

trip wire is loving us again

i honestly just want the lever action rifle again

Speaking of, I've been wondering what tier that'll be for Sharp. I'm thinking LAR/???(maybe M14)/Crossbow/M99. I'm also wondering if there'll be alternate weapons in the tiers, like the Thompson again for Commando, the HSG for Support, the Fire Axe for Berserker, and the MP5 for Medic.

I've also been wondering if they'll have most, if not all, Tier 1 weapons in the random item spawns once everything is released. So far it only seems the Medic pistol isn't part of the rotation, I dunno why.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 05:55 on May 15, 2015

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
:negative:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

look at this smaug-looking motherfucker lording over his mountain of content fending off all who seek it

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 31, 2022

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

where's the anime maps

perhaps it's time for the questioner to become...the questioned?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

splifyphus posted:

I'm also really not that fond of the leveling system. They tried to spread out the KF1 levels so you level 'faster' but you still only really get a meaningful change every fifth level so it ends up being the same, just with 4 almost unnoticeable levels in between the real ones. It's particularly bad for Zerker and Commando because they don't really get gently caress all for useful upgrades until level 10. More perks spread out more evenly would be a lot more compelling.
Tbqh the levelling was the worst part of KF1 and adding an additional 20 steps between the levels really doesn't make things better. I guess you get the level up pat on the back more often but like you said you don't even give a poo poo except for every fifth level anyway.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Ruggington posted:

look at this smaug-looking motherfucker lording over his mountain of content fending off all who seek it

:smaug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Speaking of, I've been wondering what tier that'll be for Sharp. I'm thinking LAR/???(maybe M14)/Crossbow/M99. I'm also wondering if there'll be alternate weapons in the tiers, like the Thompson again for Commando, the HSG for Support, the Fire Axe for Berserker, and the MP5 for Medic.

I've also been wondering if they'll have most, if not all, Tier 1 weapons in the random item spawns once everything is released. So far it only seems the Medic pistol isn't part of the rotation, I dunno why.

It is only 4 weapons per class from now until release, though presumably they will add in more later. What I want to know is if they have plans to ever release more classes. Maps, characters and weapons are a given, but classes are not.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Just played with my first cheater/hacker. It was fairly subtle, took me about 5 minutes into the wave to realize it.

Level 25 medic.

Unlimited grenades.

Kept wondering how this person wasn't dead yet with only the starting pistol and a scalpel on Suicidal with a Scrake and FP and a bunch of little poo poo going after them away from our group but once I counted them throwing like 20 grenades it made sense. They weren't spamming them, just throwing one or two at a time as necessary. They have 118 hours in the game so far and I saw them parrying, circlestrafing; they clearly know what they're doing but come on, if you're that bored already just put it away for awhile.

Also re: leveling I think the consensus in KF1 was to level your perks legitimately for the most part (like up to level 4 or 5) and then if you wanted to cheat them the rest of the way no one would hold it against you (especially since the bonuses between 5 and 6 were usually pitiful). As it's been said, leveling them legitimately gets you good with the game, you learn the AI behaviors, weapon strategies, class strengths and weaknesses, map layouts and item spawns, enemy spawns, prioritizing enemies, etc. I guess I'm just a sucker for the grind.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
You sure they weren't just taking advantage of ammo boxes or resupply?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You would assume that leveling normally would require someone to learn how to play, but that isn't always the case. Not every high level dumbass skipped the grind.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Yes. Alteisen was there as a witness. Against Hans they didn't go after a single ammo box and threw well over 15 grenades. Plus it was Suicidal, you'll be lucky to find three ammo boxes in as many minutes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LuciferMorningstar posted:

There was only one support there and no, I saw him throw 7 in like 20 seconds when we where running away, he also spent most of wave 7 running circles around a bunch of zeds and just dropping medic nades at his feet to stay alive, he only died because at one point a siren ate his nades.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Also re: leveling I think the consensus in KF1 was to level your perks legitimately for the most part (like up to level 4 or 5) and then if you wanted to cheat them the rest of the way no one would hold it against you (especially since the bonuses between 5 and 6 were usually pitiful). As it's been said, leveling them legitimately gets you good with the game, you learn the AI behaviors, weapon strategies, class strengths and weaknesses, map layouts and item spawns, enemy spawns, prioritizing enemies, etc. I guess I'm just a sucker for the grind.

Yeah I used one of those fancy maps for welding once pretending I'd ever get those later welding requirements through normal gameplay became too painful to try.

Even then, I pitied commandos with those stalker kill gates. "30, 100, 350? well that's not too ba- 1,200, 2,400, 3,600 :gonk:"

How did "deal X damage" needs interact with headshots anyways? I never thought about it but would a support blow through the "deal X damage" needs faster than a commando popping the heads off trash with smaller bullets? Both have the same damage gate numbers in KF1

EDIT: Either way, compared to KF1 I do much prefer the straight experience gains with killing poo poo as always (and generally your primary) option.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:39 on May 15, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Section Z posted:

Even then, I pitied commandos with those stalker kill gates. "30, 100, 350? well that's not too ba- 1,200, 2,400, 3,600 :gonk:"

Some of the requirements were ridiculous but at least they were all cumulative so you only had to kill 3,600 stalkers in total for commando instead of 7,680. v:v:v

I've actually got 7,802 stalker kills in KF1.

And over 82,000 headshots. :negative:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Yeah I used one of those fancy maps for welding once pretending I'd ever get those later welding requirements through normal gameplay became too painful to try.

How did "deal X damage" needs interact with headshots anyways? I never thought about it but would a support blow through the "deal X damage" needs faster than a commando popping the heads off trash with smaller bullets? Both have the same damage gate numbers in KF1

EDIT: Either way, compared to KF1 I do much prefer the straight experience gains with killing poo poo as always (and generally your primary) option.

One nice thing is they've removed 'kill stealing' from the game, since as long as you do any damage with your perk weapon you get full XP when the zed dies. My strategy for all classes so far is to always put a few rounds into every Scrake and FP that I see to make sure I get the bump when the rest of the team takes them down. I'll be interested to see how fast something like Firebug will level as they should be able to 'tag' large groups for their XP.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Some of the requirements were ridiculous but at least they were all cumulative so you only had to kill 3,600 stalkers in total for commando instead of 7,680. v:v:v

I've actually got 7,802 stalker kills in KF1.

And over 82,000 headshots. :negative:

Ha, you made me go check to see how tiny my e-cock was. 11,967 stalker kills but only 14,577 "sniper headshot kills". Never really played Sharpshooter much.
KF1 is still my most played Steam game by a long shot with 675 hours. So long as we get the same variety of maps etc I imagine I'll get a ton more play out of this one yet.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Section Z posted:

The damage gates were nowhere near the welding gates. You could probably blow through the damage gate in 1 game's time but spend forever welding a door trying to level. I just used cheat engine for last few levels because gently caress that poo poo. Still commandos had it worse.

KF2 is way better in this regard atleast

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
When I got to Commando level 6, it was the last perk I got to level 6, which isn't a surprise. What is a surprise is that I was killing Stalkers with commando weapons off-perk since I started playing the game because my friends said that I would regret not doing so later on. It's the worst and I'm glad it's not a thing anymore.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Hey Questioner should I bother posting my Commando perk revamp suggestion over on the TWI forums?

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Go for it. Feedback is great for balancing and redesigning perks and perk abilities. Way more designers read the official forums than this thread so it can't do anything but help get more visibility.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Questioner86 posted:

Go for it. Feedback is great for balancing and redesigning perks and perk abilities. Way more designers read the official forums than this thread so it can't do anything but help get more visibility.

questioner I've got 86 questions and they're all WHERE IS OUR NEW CONTENT WHY ARE YOU HOLDING BACK AUUUGUH

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
my face right now

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

some inspiring words for my fellow KF fans in the long cold days of the Tripwire Content Wars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE

soldier on, brave ganja farmers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I've done a thing

I tweaked a few of them, maybe unnecessarily, but hell.