Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Decided to resub for a month just to mess around with the Escha area and maybe get Aegis this time. Noticed that the old goon LS seems dead as the lsmes states there's a new one. I'll be on again Friday but are the usual people giving pearls out for the new shell on Asura still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goosebox
May 11, 2015
Pantiently waiting for the 10 day free play period on Friday.

Loner-Assassin
Mar 18, 2008

The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
New patch is up, notes - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46976-May-14-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Insanity - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Be still my quaking boner. If this is step one of the end, we're in for a hell of a ride into the pearly gates. Godspeed Vanadiel.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

They are lowering the lockout timers on all salvage and removing it for dynamis. Now I can't use the excuse that I already did dynamis that day.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Christ. I expect each key item to be for each content update though, so that bit is still slated for...november? Wonder what'll happen to currency and alex prices in between though.

Edit: Wat. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Onca_Suit

Valle fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 14, 2015

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Valle posted:

Christ. I expect each key item to be for each content update though, so that bit is still slated for...november? Wonder what'll happen to currency and alex prices in between though.

This Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you and me and whomever we can con into helping us so we can get our Seeker's of Adoulin ring and our fancy councilor's garb + gloves. So which day do you want to get this done? Or do you want to do one bcnm a day?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

I'll be at a friend's place playing board games on Friday. I'm down for whatever on Saturday and Sunday though!

Squeenix posted:

The levels at which warriors receive improved Physical Attack Bonus job traits have been changed from Lv.30/91 to Lv.30/65/91.
The levels at which warriors receive improved Physical Defense Bonus job traits have been changed from Lv.10/86 to Lv.10/45/86.
The levels at which warriors receive improved Double Attack job traits have been changed from Lv.25/76 to Lv.25/50/75/85/99.
The level-based effect bonus for the job ability Berserk has been raised from 1% to 2%.
The level-based effect bonus for the job ability Defender has been raised from 1% to 2%.

This seems like quite the buff.

Edit: FFXI updates UGH! 1hr in and I'm 10% completed. :downs:

Valle fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 14, 2015

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Valle posted:

I'll be at a friend's place playing board games on Friday. I'm down for whatever on Saturday and Sunday though!

This seems like quite the buff.

I am probably going to try to get into groups for the new content, whatever that ends up being.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

These 3 key items are insane... There's a note claiming that more will be added in future updates so we get all three just from completing the first chapter of Rhapsodies too. Looks like I have little reason not to finish Aegis now that currency prices are about to tank and I can farm without restriction.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

There goes my gil-making venture in Alexandrite! :argh:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Mythics went from a multi-month process to likely being soloable in under a week as long as you have money for Alex. Getting all 3 KI takes under an hour once the congestion around the pops dies down.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

Mythics went from a multi-month process to likely being soloable in under a week as long as you have money for Alex. Getting all 3 KI takes under an hour once the congestion around the pops dies down.

They also completely hosed the requirement for afterglow on both relic and mythic.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Update complete! Only took...7hrs?

Awesome OClock
May 24, 2013

A steaming pile of awesome... Covered in syrup.
So, after I rush all of this new stuff, who wants to punch escha mobs with me?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I had literally just finished building a popset for Arch Dynamis Lord, too. Hahahahaha, oh SE you card.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Shinjobi posted:

I had literally just finished building a popset for Arch Dynamis Lord, too. Hahahahaha, oh SE you card.

Now you should make a dynamis farm group. ADL farming is not exactly easy but it is easy enough that you should not have to pay 2-5 million gil per marrow.

Merz
Sep 20, 2006
Tell Me, What Is the Bane of Your Life
Who can I get a pearl for the new linkshell from?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Only gonna take 10 hours to finish this update :staredog:

Is there any other faster way?

Awesome OClock
May 24, 2013

Merz posted:

If nobody grabs you in the next couple of hours, I'll pearl you when I get home.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Only gonna take 10 hours to finish this update :staredog:

Is there any other faster way?

There's a thread on BG with the files.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Merz posted:

/tell Shinjobi, I'll get ya

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Lebros Supplies is doable solo but still very very luck-based. I recommend DNC/THF (or BRD/THF if you have the skill for Lullaby) and pray you get at least two Stewpots.

Or use the stuff that gets you flagged for a ban I guess

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
So if my actual account is still active, but the characters canceled, can I just reactivate them specifically for the Return Home campaign or am I hosed? I remember POL being kind of weird about defining those back then.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Shaezerus posted:

So if my actual account is still active, but the characters canceled, can I just reactivate them specifically for the Return Home campaign or am I hosed? I remember POL being kind of weird about defining those back then.

So long as the account itself (both Square-Enix and PlayOnline) is active and uncancelled, you should be good, even if you cancelled all the individual characters to stop the monthly billing.

Since two of my old Auction House alts spontaneously reactivated themselves during this campaign, you may not even need to do that much. Try just logging in and see what happens.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
So is RDM still a bad class?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Hivac posted:

Not as bad as it used to be. WHM is still a better healer but RDM has unique buffs now that help it stand out.

Ran around in Escha today and blew 7k silt, 3k of which was on accident trying to mess around with upgraded the new boots I got off of a NM. The Tribulens KI that's need for popping NMs goes up in price if you try to buy it more than once every 30 mins so this is further cementing the idea that SE really didn't think this content through too well.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 15, 2015

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Hivac posted:

Still makes me laugh that when i quit playing this, RDM was like second only to BRD in terms of being desired for a party, and now it's just a joke.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I just want to be a person with cool clothes that does things with cool swords :negative:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Hivac posted:

I just want to be a person with cool clothes that does things with cool swords :negative:

They call that Blue Mage.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Decided to hop on for the free event, found out you can't pay for a transfer without reactivating. Looks like I'm staying on Quetz until I decide to resub, if I do.

Meantime, the new missions took like, an afternoon to clear. Just me solo on 96 THF/DNC with trusts. No idea what I'm going to do now, but at least I got my sweet KIs. Anyone know of a good solo camp to level 96-99, since Quetz is a ghost town? I haven't played for a long time, except the last free week, when a helpful goon got me my last LB quest so I could finally cap.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Jedi425 posted:

Decided to hop on for the free event, found out you can't pay for a transfer without reactivating. Looks like I'm staying on Quetz until I decide to resub, if I do.

Meantime, the new missions took like, an afternoon to clear. Just me solo on 96 THF/DNC with trusts. No idea what I'm going to do now, but at least I got my sweet KIs. Anyone know of a good solo camp to level 96-99, since Quetz is a ghost town? I haven't played for a long time, except the last free week, when a helpful goon got me my last LB quest so I could finally cap.

Do RoE quests for a zone that gives you exp, summon your trusts, and if you are lucky you will also have an fov or a gov so you can have another repeatable quest and also get tabs. Ceizak Battlegrounds has blanched mandies, they are probably level 100 or 101, but they don't hit for much. Good luck.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Jedi425 posted:

Hey there, buddy, I'm stuck in the Quetzalcoatl shithole too. Then again I'm still on the step that's trying to justify just getting it running because I'd have to relearn the spellcast replacement and get a fuckton of new gear and whenever I look at the effort required for maybe a week or so of play I think maybe I'm just actually done with this game until I can justify a resub?? I know I'm overthinking things but I'm feeling so unmotivated towards getting any of it done in the first place.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Stop being unmotivated. Come join the goons. A little effort never hurt anyone!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Gruknor posted:

Do RoE quests for a zone that gives you exp, summon your trusts, and if you are lucky you will also have an fov or a gov so you can have another repeatable quest and also get tabs. Ceizak Battlegrounds has blanched mandies, they are probably level 100 or 101, but they don't hit for much. Good luck.

I want to say that the new escha-zitah zone would be perfect for those levels you said that you needed to level up.

Awesome OClock
May 24, 2013

Anyone want to start trying to kill escha NMs somewhat regularly? I tried soloing biest last night and got murdered.

Awesome OClock fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 16, 2015

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

Hey I came back to FFXI after like six years off and have started a new character on Asura. If someone could give me a pearl on Asura, that'd be cool, my name is

Conch Shell Corp fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 16, 2017

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Shaezerus posted:

Hey there, buddy, I'm stuck in the Quetzalcoatl shithole too. Then again I'm still on the step that's trying to justify just getting it running because I'd have to relearn the spellcast replacement and get a fuckton of new gear and whenever I look at the effort required for maybe a week or so of play I think maybe I'm just actually done with this game until I can justify a resub?? I know I'm overthinking things but I'm feeling so unmotivated towards getting any of it done in the first place.

I just stole a swap .lua for THF off BG's forums, it works good enough. They have a whole thread of them, IIRC.

I'm probably not going to bother capping RDM. Too painful. :(

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I haven't actually resubbed so I'll probably be gone for a while after the free period is up, but I'm Cherece on Asura if anyone wants to toss a pearl at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
If anyone wants to level one of their jobs now is a great time. Just get the exp charge ring from the moogle. Go to escha-zitah, if you are 60-99 you should get decent exp and silt. 10 silt opens up the npc merchant to be nice enough to let you buy stuff from him for silt. 50 silt is how much the map key item costs. Silt is the currency for this zone, and it is a pain to farm for.