Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
The only thing that pulled me out of Fury Road was when the preggers chick was climbing all over the truck exhaust stack before she fell off and went under the wheels. That was a huge oversight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Pham Nuwen posted:

drat the Crown Vic likes to break its rear end loose in the rain. I had an rear end in a top hat-puckering moment leaving the grocery store when I did my usual "gun it as you swing out the driveway" routine.

Fun, isn't it? I love how my P71 slides. You can do these big, floaty drifts while just casually adjusting the throttle to hold the slide. It's great :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Dannywilson posted:

The shoe-sizer as a pedal was the one that got me as a "hey-wait-what-was-that?.... OOOOH!"

Yeah, it's the details that flashed up onscreen for a fraction of a second that were so wonderful. They guys that put those vehicles together definitely deserve recognition for their work, some of those things were just insane.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Phone posted:

these people are going to make a loving minthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg
drat that's cool. Those are going to be everywhere which I'm not sure is a good thing or a bad thing.

CharlesM posted:

Hydrogen peroxide is not good for treating wounds
Hydrogen Peroxide is great for a lot of things, open wounds isn't one of them especially if you leave it on there. I'm a fan of isopropyl alcohol and iodine, have a stockpile thanks to my medical history.

SuperDucky posted:

SoWo tomorrow and its a Friday so I'm doing the least amount possible.
Didn't realize SoWo and Southern Worthersee were the same thing, huh. Have fun, my FB feed is a clusterfuck of people panicked trying to get their car drive-able to make the trip.

Mad Max this weekend, think I've talked a few people into going.

A few people have been bugging me for a M3 vs M5 write-up or video. What would AI want to see? I might toss a couple GoPros on and go drive around or make a horrible attempt as a Chris Harris style video. Most likely just going to be a poo poo load of pictures and words.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Sigma X posted:

"According to (husband), it made noise but never started, he thought it was old gas."

spyder: Srsly? I mean, I'll throw your offer at her, but it's a hell of a drive from Oregon to NC and back.

Pictures of said RX-7: http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/jdeprizi/library/?view=recent

It really looks good.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

NitroSpazzz posted:

A few people have been bugging me for a M3 vs M5 write-up or video. What would AI want to see? I might toss a couple GoPros on and go drive around or make a horrible attempt as a Chris Harris style video. Most likely just going to be a poo poo load of pictures and words.

gently caress yes, count me in as interested. Hell, throw the 928 in there for the hell of it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

And it's Montego Blue! (Mazda bring back Montego Blue)

E: that drone is only $520... I'm tempted

Phone fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 15, 2015

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Unf :awesome:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Its Indiana.... And it sounds like people from Indiana are bat poo poo crazy.

Yes but if you get enough land you can put up fences and keep other people away.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Yes but if you get enough land you can put up fences and keep other people away.

Electrified fences. With black jack... and hookers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Electrified fences. With black jack... and hookers.

So you want to move to Gary?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ssjonizuka posted:

gently caress yes, count me in as interested. Hell, throw the 928 in there for the hell of it.

I might toss in the 928 but I'm trying to get a E24 M6/M635CSi to use instead.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Worth the drive, have Spyder give it a once over and do it that car looks incredible.

[e] Oh god, look at that Bose abortion in the hatch what a waste of space.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 15, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

drat

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

leica posted:

Worth the drive, have Spyder give it a once over and do it that car looks incredible.

[e] Oh god, look at that Bose abortion in the hatch what a waste of space.

Yeah, what with putting down a deposit on a new FiST Tuesday, I'm not going to hit anywhere near their $10K asking price anytime soon - especially for a non-running car. I'm just trying to spread the word on a car that's in great, all-original condition and MIGHT NOT be a huge loving pain in the rear end to fix. I also told the seller she might want to post it on BringATrailer.

Also, yes, that Bose mess in the rear is hilarious.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

NitroSpazzz posted:

Didn't realize SoWo and Southern Worthersee were the same thing, huh. Have fun, my FB feed is a clusterfuck of people panicked trying to get their car drive-able to make the trip.

My e30 is still on jackstands. Needs guibo bolts and a fpr gasket. Oh well. The wagon it is, can't drive 2 cars anyway.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Rhyno posted:

So you want to move to Gary?

He didn't say anything about a persistent smell of burning tires.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'll be going and taking the 90 Quattro, I gotta stop and get the wheels re-balanced.

SuperDucky posted:

My e30 is still on jackstands. Needs guibo bolts and a fpr gasket. Oh well. The wagon it is, can't drive 2 cars anyway.

We need to resolve this :getin:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sigma X posted:

Yeah, what with putting down a deposit on a new FiST Tuesday, I'm not going to hit anywhere near their $10K asking price anytime soon - especially for a non-running car. I'm just trying to spread the word on a car that's in great, all-original condition and MIGHT NOT be a huge loving pain in the rear end to fix. I also told the seller she might want to post it on BringATrailer.

Also, yes, that Bose mess in the rear is hilarious.

Oh didn't realize it wasn't running, who knows what's wrong with it then. I'd still be tempted because it looks great, but in person probably not as good I'm sure.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

NitroSpazzz posted:

I might toss in the 928 but I'm trying to get a E24 M6/M635CSi to use instead.

Do em all. Old German cars with quirky electronics and questionable timing belts.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:staredog: I want that. I really want that. There are too many awesome cars and not enough time and space in my life

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kastein posted:

Hasn't cost me anything yet :haw:

In fact the few times I've stitched myself back up instead of letting some butcher at the ER do it have scarred less.

And you get skeeved out when i take Fish Mox, lol.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
It's rainy today in San Diego, and people don't know how to deal with it. I saw somebody skid across the street right into a fire hydrant. Don't they know we're in a drought!??

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Anyone here know of any issues to look out for in the 08-11 Focus?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

baram. posted:

Anyone here know of any issues to look out for in the 08-11 Focus?

I believe 2012 was the first year of the new style, 2011 and earlier were the old style that dated back to like 2000.

Believe me, you want the newer one. Manual if possible, the autos had issues.

edit: corrected years.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 15, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah the 08-11 "generation" is literally a Mk 1 with new sheet metal, everything mechanical is still vintage '00.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
All I know is replacing the radiator on those is a poo poo show, many hours of cursing were involved until I broke the plastic clips on the radiator and flew off the handle.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Go see Mad Max. Holy gently caress.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
I thought people were exaggerating when they said that even if you have high expectations it will exceed them. They were 1000% correct. What an experience. It's also the first movie I've seen in 3D that was shot clearly enough to make a difference but didn't have a bunch of wacky pandering BS. I never like to see movies twice in a short time span for some reason but I'm legitimately thinking of going back to catch the XD non-3D version for maximum eye candy. It was that good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Astonishing Wang posted:

It's rainy today in San Diego, and people don't know how to deal with it. I saw somebody skid across the street right into a fire hydrant. Don't they know we're in a drought!??

Watched a guy in an E36 ping pong across all four lanes twice after hitting poo poo, then finally slide to a stop on the shoulder.

Also saw numerous cars in ditches near on/off ramps.

Oh socal.

Edit: also grabbing lunch right now then going to see Mad Max at 1355. Can't loving wait.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Watch out, commie, there's a mkiii gti for sale on the side of 384 right before 115

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Lunchtime, realized all the crown vic's interior lights were on.

I figure it's a door switch acting up again, go poke at all of them. No dice

Drive home to try and troubleshoot, guess I'll have to take a half day at work and fix this.

Disconnect the battery and start dicking around.

Realize the door chime isn't chiming, so it can't be the door switch.

Remember that you can twist the headlight control/dimmer knob all the way to the left to turn on the interior lights

Oops. It was raining last night so I had my lights on, must have twisted it when I shut them back off and didn't notice. I guess I should be glad it didn't cost anything to fix... since everything was working as designed.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Now you know how it works, THAT it works, AND you fixed the problem! Have a beer, you earned it!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ai as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOWWaRbZucE

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Baller Witness Bro posted:

It is everything you could want from the film. Absolutely fantastic.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Astonishing Wang posted:

Now you know how it works, THAT it works, AND you fixed the problem! Have a beer, you earned it!

I actually already knew about that feature, I just forgot about the drat thing :eng99:

I'll still be having beer tonight.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Signed the deal on the house today, picked up my bike from the bike shop with a new groupset, went for a ride. i also have 10 days until my next radiation treatment.

today is a good day

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Got my bike finally started. Now I can go kill myself :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fjelltorsk posted:

Signed the deal on the house today, picked up my bike from the bike shop with a new groupset, went for a ride. i also have 10 days until my next radiation treatment.

today is a good day

I love my Ultegra 6800. Good choice.

• Locked thread