Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Shocking racism from Adebayor. Hope the FA suspends him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

African AIDS cum posted:

Shocking racism from Adebayor. Hope the FA suspends him.

Tottenham seem to have been doing this already.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A second belgian player died from a heart attack. Somewhere a dodgy walloon doctor is bricking it right now.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 12, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Saudi Arabian FA calls for international refs to officiate this derby because its so over the top. Scottish FA send a team who proceed to give out 8 yellow cards and 3 red cards in the match, one of which results in the player girly butting the ref.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0ErURtvos

The refs from Motherwell mate. You need to do better than that to even make him flinch.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Arabs are the worst in every single way I hope the ref told him to get tae gently caress.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

serious gaylord posted:

Saudi Arabian FA calls for international refs to officiate this derby because its so over the top. Scottish FA send a team who proceed to give out 8 yellow cards and 3 red cards in the match, one of which results in the player girly butting the ref.

The refs from Motherwell mate. You need to do better than that to even make him flinch.

Not a proper Glasgow nod.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Lmao the lads clearly used to his servants cowering in front of him.

Death to the middle east and all who reside in her

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I genuinely thought footballers would be supporters of coalition government.

when they gently caress the public, they always seem to invite a second party to join in.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Masonity posted:

I genuinely thought footballers would be supporters of coalition government.

when they gently caress the public, they always seem to invite a second party to join in.

not all footballers are ched evans

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

not all footballers are ched evans

yeah, some don't get caught!!!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I know this probably isn't the right thread but jesus christ:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/emanuel-ortega-dies-argentine-footballer-5696358

quote:

An Argentine footballer has died after sustaining a fatal head injury during a match.

Emanuel Ortega, 21, was playing for San Martín de Burzaco in Argentina's fifth tier when he challenged for the ball by the touchline. He lost his balance in the physical battle and crashed head first into a concrete wall that separated the crowd from the pitch.

Despite receiving immediate medical treatment and being rushed to hospital, Ortega died early on Thursday morning - nearly two weeks after sustaining the double skull fracture - after surgery couldn't save the midfielder.

There's a video on that link too, it's loving brutal. Rip.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bogan Krkic posted:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/emanuel-ortega-dies-argentine-footballer-5696358

Are there two videos? The one at the top doesn't seem to show the actual fall.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

Are there two videos? The one at the top doesn't seem to show the actual fall.

this one shows it about fifty times

http://www.marca.com/2015/05/14/futbol/futbol_internacional/argentina/1431610118.html

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan Krkic posted:

the gently caress, the same thing happened in Bristol a month or so ago

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
turns out putting massive concrete blocks right next to a football pitch is a bad idea?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the loving dude who shoulder barged him into the barrier should be up on murder charges

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
don't be daft it was a shoulder charge, he didn't mean to kill the kid.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

the prosecution calls our first expert witness, Sir Alex Ferguson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkuBvL0rCSA

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Yeah this, it's horrendously unfortunate but it was never intentional

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Bogan Krkic posted:

Yeah this, it's horrendously unfortunate but it was never intentional

i'm not entirely serious with the murder charge, but he clearly intended the barge.

manslaughter would be a good compromise.

did he get carded for the challenge? I suppose if the referee has already punished him then the courts are unable to do anything further?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

JFairfax posted:

i'm not entirely serious with the murder charge, but he clearly intended the barge.

manslaughter would be a good compromise.

did he get carded for the challenge? I suppose if the referee has already punished him then the courts are unable to do anything further?

He didn't even intend to hurt the lad, much less kill him. Challenges like that happen a million times every weekend in every country that plays the game. the fault, if there is any, lies with the idiot who decided that the side of a football pitch is a good place to put concrete blocks.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
yeah clearly that is a real stupid decision.

it's only a matter of time before someone goes face first into the advertising screens around the prem pitches.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

JFairfax posted:

it's only a matter of time before someone goes face first into the advertising screens around the prem pitches.

This happens all the time in rugby league games played at football stadiums (old Trafford in particular). Sometimes I wish they were made of concrete.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

JFairfax posted:

I suppose if the referee has already punished him then the courts are unable to do anything further?

Hahaha

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

JFairfax posted:

It has happened, but you don't really see it that often because the ad boards are usually like 8-10 feet from the touchline. The distance to the killer barrier looks like it's less than half of that.

Scherloch fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 15, 2015

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

JFairfax posted:

Arnautovich and whoever that Arsenal twat was this season which ended with his destroyed shoulder. It wasn't a shoulder charge though, the arsenal player dived into arnautovich trying to win a free kick and forgot that people from that part of the world aren't going to be bowled down by a prancing french man.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Byolante posted:

Arnautovich and whoever that Arsenal twat was this season which ended with his destroyed shoulder. It wasn't a shoulder charge though, the arsenal player dived into arnautovich trying to win a free kick and forgot that people from that part of the world aren't going to be bowled down by a prancing french man.

That's not what happened at all, though?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Scherloch posted:

Forget it, Jake Scherloch, it's Chinatown Byolante.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

This is some fantastic fan fiction. Did you write the erotic parts yet?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Scherloch posted:

If it wasn't then surely either the ref or the FA would have punished him for such a shocking assault.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It was just a regular shoulder barge with an ufortunate consequence, no need to punish that.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Byolante posted:

Haha you really are mental

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIalu3CSbF8

This is literally what Byloante is talking about. lol.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIalu3CSbF8

This is literally what Byloante is talking about. lol.

you are right, an idiot diving through the air at a stationary player is the one doing the sensible thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Byolante posted:

you are right, an idiot diving through the air at a stationary player is the one doing the sensible thing.

Arnautovich shoves him with both hands sending him flying lmao

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I watched it earlier and it's very funny. Debuchy is already out of bounds when he gets the old shoulder flick.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Byolante posted:

Lmao you are outré level insane

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-international-jake-livermore-suspended-5703174

Haha loving hell.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Not sure why the Arsenal fans are getting hysterical, Debuchy clearly jumped into Arnautovic and hit him in the face and Arno just put his arms up in self defense and pushes him away, as you'd do when you're a massive serb getting slapped by a gay french twink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

The article says six months but on 5live they said he could be banned for two years