Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
That's one unimpressed Puyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The purple ones are never impressed, no matter how hard you try.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Retro Gaming Megathread: please don't do lines of n64 stick dust

Random Stranger posted:

If you're willing to expand the concept of tile matching a bit, I really like Flipull. It's an exciting cube game. The idea is you launch tiles at a stack of tiles and it wipes out any matching tiles it collides with. When it hits a tile that doesn't match, the mismatched tile bounces out and the launched tile takes its place. The stages are shaped so that you can bounce a launched tile around a bit to hit the stack from the top or side. It was originally an arcade game, but a Famicom version exists and there's a clone of it called Puzznic which did come out in the US.

I had the Game Boy version of this. The Christmas of, I want to say, '91 or '92, several of the grandkids at the annual family gathering (myself included) had Game Boys, so Grandma got us each a game. My one cousin (one of the "favorites") got Metroid 2. I got Flippul. "Heh heh, uh thanks Grandma" :negative:

Anyway, turns out it's a decently fun puzzler. Can be a tricky bastard, as you usually have to think 3 or more moves in advance.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

peeNamaste posted:

In other news, my bookshelf re-organization is making great progress!

I want that Puyo.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Amazon sells them for dirt cheap, buy a full set.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
What they said ^ I got it from Amazon.

I actually bought it and some other stuff for Heran Bago in the last Retro Goonsmas exchange, but after it got all the way to germany, it got sent back, so I said gently caress it and paypaled him 50 bucks and proof of all the cool stuff I bought him so he could order it himself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Some/one of you are hunting for Sega CD's aren't you? Retrogames just listed a PAL Sega CD-II without cables for 12 Pounds Sterling..

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Hey if folks care I wrote way too many words about the 1990 Mad Max NES game as well as its not quite official follow up, Outlander on the Genesis and SNES:
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/madmax/madmax.htm

Grapeshot
Oct 21, 2010
Thanks whoever mentioned the bias pots under the battery cover on the DS lite. Now my top screen doesn't show the horizontal line pattern when it's moved around any more.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Put your 3D glasses on now to see this post come right at you!

The House of Innsmouth (or Innsmouth no Yakata) has the distinction of being the first console game set in H.P. Lovecraft's quaint fishing village where the residents all have the same odd facial features and they really love their marine life. If that sounds familiar to you (and you haven't read Lovecraft for some unfathomable reason), it's because Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth was also set there and was partially based on the story Shadows Over Innsmouth.

This Japan only Virtual Boy game is a horror themed first person shooter. Kind of. It has step based movement and a crosshair that you aim independently using the second control pad. That aspect of the game play isn't really interesting and I suspect it turned off a lot of people who checked this game out. However, it does offer a couple of pretty neat things that made me want to keep playing it.

(As an asside, I'm obviously playing this on an emulator and the red/blue 3D mode gives me a massive headache. I've included a couple of screenshots using that for the sake of anyone with glasses who wants to see how things look, though.)

Each level is a maze where there's a handful of recovery items, a key, and two orbs that reveal part of the map. The items are semi-randomly placed; there's a few different places they can appear. You're given a very small time limit to locate the key and get to the exit. Typically on a stage you have around a minute to locate the key and the way out and all the time you have to fight or avoid the monsters filling the maze.

There's a lot of levels and the path you take through the game is dependent on how quickly you can get through the stages. Also, to see the best ending you have to play through the entire game without dieing. There is a password system and you can continue from any stage where you died.

One tricky aspect to the game is that monsters are tough. They take four or five bullets to kill and you typically find 6 bullets on a stage. Since the maze has constantly respawning monsters and there's a lot of them, you are much better off running from them unless you absolutely have to fight.

I like those game play elements a lot and I want this game to be good, but it's also extremely limited. There's two types of monsters. The mazes all look the same and there's no features to them. The random distribution of items makes getting the good paths require a lot of luck. If there were more traps or dynamic mazes, or if the monsters did something other than kind of walk back and forth then it might have the hook it needed. Also, the game is super short. On my third attempt at playing from the start I reached ending B and I probably can get ending A with a couple more tries.

BTW, this game is one of those where you're going full :retrogames: if you want to buy a copy. Don't do that.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Any good U.S. Mahjong games that teach you how to play mahjong and aren't just the match in variety (much as I love that)?

The only US published console games that have real mahjong in them that I know of are the Yakuza games. At least one of them has shogi in it, also (though I'm not playing it this afternoon as I work my way through all of these shogi games).

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 15, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Ambitious Spider posted:

Any good U.S. Mahjong games that teach you how to play mahjong and aren't just the match in variety (much as I love that)?

Not really, AFAIK. I would just read a book or check the internet, TBH. If you really want to learn, I may be teaching someone and making a video of it, but I can't say how long until that will actually happen.

This site seems to have a good primer on it: http://www.japanesemahjong.com/reachmahjong/overview/overview.htm

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

A Virtual Boy game... about the Cthulhu mythos. :psyduck:

By the way, I love these reviews you're putting together.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

A Virtual Boy game... about the Cthulhu mythos. :psyduck:

I know! I had never heard of it until I was going through all those go games and went "Who's this publisher I've never heard of. Wait a second, they made a game based on Innsmouth :aaa:?" It made a really good first impression on me once I realized what the game mechanics actually were. And then it turned out to not be any deeper than that.

Azazell0 posted:

By the way, I love these reviews you're putting together.

FWIW, I don't consider them to be reviews. More "here's something interesting I want to show you guys".

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, reviews, tidbits, infommercials, what have you. I enjoy reading them, since - even though I consider to be _fairly_ knowledgeable about games - 99% of the time you delve into stuff I have never ever even heard about.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

You actually can kill the monsters in that Innsmouth game much more quickly. But it's a huge pain since you have to shoot them in the mouth, or IIRC in the case of the taller guys they have an orb-ish weak point on their stomach. I hate how they made a game that is sort of slow paced in that you have to take your time and aim while looking around for keys, and then put you on a one minute timer. :wtc:

Speaking of which, y'all probably played it but you like the basic concept of the VB Innsmouth game check out Silent Debuggers on the Turbo Grafx. It's very impressive for early PC Engine, though I wish it had more music. Similar structure but you don't have to worry about a timer and you explore different areas to learn more information and stuff. Almost a mega lo-fi Metroid Prime. It's also kind of cool that it's all on one station. I had totally missed out on it back in the day but some time in the early 2000s I got it on a whim from a retro shop and got really hooked on it.

Japan and Lovecraft are weird. It seems like every few years or so there's a small burst of Lovecraft games out of nowhere going back to stuff like Necronomicon on the PC98, and we see it today with Bloodborne and the few small time imitators it will surely inspire. I wonder if it lines up with when some movies come out like In the Mouth of Madness, Evil Dead, From Beyond, etc.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 15, 2015

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

mikeycp posted:

Not really, AFAIK. I would just read a book or check the internet, TBH. If you really want to learn, I may be teaching someone and making a video of it, but I can't say how long until that will actually happen.

This site seems to have a good primer on it: http://www.japanesemahjong.com/reachmahjong/overview/overview.htm

Random Stranger posted:

The only US published console games that have real mahjong in them that I know of are the Yakuza games. At least one of them has shogi in it, also (though I'm not playing it this afternoon as I work my way through all of these shogi games).

Yeah, the Yakuza games are the only translated mahjong console games I've found that have any sort of reasonable introduction, and even then they didn't really make that game for "so you don't know how to play mahjong" folks. I mean, sure, it has directions and instructions, but it's not what it was optimized for, if you know what I mean? Everything else is Shanghai solitaire style (supposedly based on a Chinese game, possibly a very old children's game). Do let me know if someone else manages to come across one though, I need something to pick up since I feel I've mastered koi koi at this point.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Mahjong is absolutely worth learning however you can, IMO. It's incredibly fun and probably one of my favorite games period.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Neo Rasa posted:

Japan and Lovecraft are weird. It seems like every few years or so there's a small burst of Cthulhu games out of nowhere going back to stuff like Necronomicon on the PC98, and we see it today with Bloodborne and the few small time imitators it will surely inspire. I wonder if lines up with when some movies come out like In the Mouth of Madness, From Beyond, etc.

A. TURBO GRAFX c'mon

B. Wait, Bloodborne went heavy on the Lovecraft? Nooooo I don't want a reason to play it masochism masochism masochism I hated the Souls games so much! But I'm a Lovecraft junkie...

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Yeah, I spent some time trying to find some English proper mahjong games after reading The Legend of Koizumi myself, and I couldn't find poo poo either. I eventually settled on Yakuman DS with a menu translation guide and a few online mahjong tutorials, which seemed the easiest solution.

A drat shame that only solitaire mahjong caught on.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Caitlin posted:

B. Wait, Bloodborne went heavy on the Lovecraft? Nooooo I don't want a reason to play it masochism masochism masochism I hated the Souls games so much! But I'm a Lovecraft junkie...

The game is literally about a different ethnicity of tall lanky dudes that abduct children and bring them to the "Unseen Village" where they perform arcane sacrifices and experiments to "beckon the moon." Insight is a stat in the game like sanity points in the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper RPG. Many of the bosses are Great Ones. Have a nice day. :)

If it helps though, Bloodborne is waaaay faster and more accessible to just play through and have fun than Dark Souls. The game's controls and and such are designed around making attacking through stuff often the best option, and it lacks the very high buffering between moves of previous games.

As a Lovecraft junkie, you might appreciate From's games in general. If you don't like the slow pacing King's Field probably isn't worth playing, but as far back as King's Field: The Ancient City From does a thing where their games start out like typical fantasy games, but then they kinda sorta get more Lovecraftian as they go on.

Demon's Souls does this too towards the end. With Bloodborne though, it's like, for the first couple of hours you think it's just a werewolf game and then things begin happening. While it's visually steeped in Japanese mythology, their Otogi games are similar. I'm a huge fan of From's fantasy/horror type of thing, it's fairly unique among games. Part of it is how they do a good job of making each of their games feel like you're starting point is on the edge of civilization, you always feel like you're going into the unknown in a way beyond "I haven't gone down this hallway before" even in older stuff like King's Field 2.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 15, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

There is an American variation on MJ.

(Don't play it, only play Riichi.)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Azazell0 posted:

Well, reviews, tidbits, infommercials, what have you. I enjoy reading them, since - even though I consider to be _fairly_ knowledgeable about games - 99% of the time you delve into stuff I have never ever even heard about.

Not a big deal on the labels, I was just letting people know where I'm coming from.

Digging into the weird and obscure is the thing I enjoy the most in this hobby. Not because I think they're better (I think the fact that most of time I find disappointment should be telling on that front), it's because there's so many interesting things out there that are almost forgotten.

If I go a week without posting about some crazy game I found, though, it's because I've gotten wrapped up in playing some well known game.

Neo Rasa posted:

Speaking of which, y'all probably played it but you like the basic concept of the VB Innsmouth game check out Silent Debuggers on the Turbo Grafx. It's very impressive for early PC Engine, though I wish it had more music. Similar structure but you don't have to worry about a timer and you explore different areas to learn more information and stuff. Almost a mega lo-fi Metroid Prime. It's also kind of cool that it's all on one station. I had totally missed out on it back in the day but some time in the early 2000s I got it on a whim from a retro shop and got really hooked on it.

I still haven't played Silent Debuggers but I may go for it once I wrap up these shogi games. Why must you be so expensive TG-16 stuff?

Man, Bloodborne is the only thing on my list of reasons to get a PS4. That's just making it more tempting.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

quote:

Man, Bloodborne is the only thing on my list of reasons to get a PS4. That's just making it more tempting.

The game is very well done but incredibly masochistic. It's difficult and unforgiving. I've had to take a break from it from a few too many 'gently caress it!' reactions.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

The game is literally about a different ethnicity of tall lanky dudes that abduct children and bring them to the "Unseen Village" where they perform arcane sacrifices and experiments to "beckon the moon." Insight is a stat in the game like sanity points in the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper RPG. Many of the bosses are Great Ones. Have a nice day. :)

[If it helps though, Bloodborne is waaaay faster and more accessible to just play through and have fun than Dark Souls. The game's controls and and such are designed around making attacking through stuff often the best option, and it lacks the very high buffering between moves of previous games.

As a Lovecraft junkie, you might appreciate From's games in general. If you don't like the slow pacing King's Field probably isn't worth playing, but as far back as King's Field: The Ancient City From does a thing where their games start out like typical fantasy games, but then they kinda sorta get more Lovecraftian as they go on.

Demon's Souls does this too towards the end. With Bloodborne though, it's like, for the first couple of hours you think it's just a werewolf game and then things begin happening. While it's visually steeped in Japanese mythology, their Otogi games are similar. I'm a huge fan of From's fantasy/horror type of thing, it's fairly unique among games. Part of it is how they do a good job of making each of their games feel like you're starting point is on the edge of civilization, you always feel like you're going into the unknown in a way beyond "I haven't gone down this hallway before" even in older stuff like King's Field 2.

I bolded the important bit because I don't mind intensely difficult games when it doesn't feel like the controls are actively working against me. I'm the idiot who cleared Yakuza 4's final battle entirely unequipped because I was too lazy to bother going back through the cutscenes and finishing the fight without so much as a healing item seemed faster (and for me at least, it was). You MIGHT have managed to sell me on trying Bloodborne... but I don't know if anyone I know can loan me a copy, so it'd end up being a blind buy, which is a little risky for me considering my track record with From.

And yeah sounds like they went full-bore Shadow Over Innsmouth.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bloodborne is really good, and while difficult, I found it easier than dark souls. Then again I am playing final fantasy 2 now so I am kind of a masochist

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Oh, and by the by, if anyone wants to learn Koi Koi in the meantime while they try to find a decent way to learn mahjong, here's the flash version I started playing (on Android I also use a koi koi app called Miyabi).

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/hanafuda/hanafuda_e.html

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I still haven't played Silent Debuggers but I may go for it once I wrap up these shogi games. Why must you be so expensive TG-16 stuff?

It's also cool because no one has cracked the PS4, so even with the delayed release of that massive strategy guide there's still a lot of things about the game that people just don't know. Demon's Souls was designed with this mind but Bloodborne really delivers on the idea of talking to your friends to exchange tips and stuff to succeed. It's really cool. :)

Not worth getting a PS4 JUST for it but it's a really intense, unique game so whenever anyone here does get a PS4 get it first. :D

I'm surprised a game as common as Silent Debuggers starts at like $25 for game only now. Then again I'm not. It's like, I think the Turbo more than any system goes through this thing of people actually believing it when people say "RARE GAME" on Ebay. There are Mario games of course which were mega mass produced but as a system in general, Turbo stuff is waaay inflated. Like people will try listing stuff like Samurai Ghost (also awesome game if you haven't tried it) for like $80 or whatever when you can stroll into any retro place and get it for $10, it's crazy.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

peeNamaste posted:

The next steps are to actually alphabetize the games

The shelves are deeper than I'd like, so I'm going to throw some 2x4s back there to push the games forward while keeping them straight.

Nice looking shelves! Alphabetizing may come off as spergy but it's going to revolutionize your gaming experience. Being able to super quickly find a game or see if you have it or what not is so handy, and it looks great obviously. The only part about it that bites, is if you get a new game (which will always start with an A or a B) and make you cycle every one of your games down...but it's worth it 100x over.

Funny you mention the deep shelves, because mine are exactly the same way. I was pulling out Deja Vu for NES and saw something behind my games. I've got a piece of wood behind each row, but for whatever reason years ago I had used some beat up SNES boxes as backers and completely forgotten about owning them. The super beat up boxes were George Foreman's Boxing, Super Black Bass, Looney Tunes B-Ball and Wheel of Fortune.

Random Stranger posted:

You have appealed to my old school 3D side as well as my Virtual Boy side. As usual you are the man. Thanks for this, believe it or not it makes up for you talking smack about SNES Pilotwings

mikeycp posted:

Mahjong is absolutely worth learning however you can, IMO. It's incredibly fun and probably one of my favorite games period.

I used to know how to play Mahjong when I played on my neighbor's Windows 3.11 computer (along with playing Win Trek and Dr Sbaitso2) but somehow I"ve forgotten almost everything about it. Learning to play again so I can play the 5 million Arcade/MAME versions of it has been on my list for a very long time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ambitious Spider posted:

Bloodborne is really good, and while difficult, I found it easier than dark souls. Then again I am playing final fantasy 2 now so I am kind of a masochist

You mean the Famicom FF2? Please, talk to someone before this goes too far and you play Final Fantasy III.

Caitlin posted:

Oh, and by the by, if anyone wants to learn Koi Koi in the meantime while they try to find a decent way to learn mahjong, here's the flash version I started playing (on Android I also use a koi koi app called Miyabi).

I learned to play hanafuda from Clubhouse Games on the DS which has a decent system for it.

It's also where I learned to play Bridge because no one in my family ever played it.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 15, 2015

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

FF2 angers me because I like the music and general game, it's a huge improvement over FF1 in many ways. What you can do though is just take off all your equipment and then punch your own party members a lot early on. You can quickly become invincible. :D

Caitlin posted:

You MIGHT have managed to sell me on trying Bloodborne... but I don't know if anyone I know can loan me a copy, so it'd end up being a blind buy, which is a little risky for me considering my track record with From.

If you have a GameStop nearby you can always do the seven day free rental. It's a pretty divisive game so I'm sure they have plenty of used copies. ;)

Anyways I wrote a thing about Bloodborne and a bit about how From designs their games in general a while ago so I don't have to flood the page here. I don't want to rave too much about new stuff in the Retro Gaming Megathread. :D
http://www.cinedome.net/2015/04/bloodborne-fan-reaction.html

That said, it's so cool to me that From's president (and director of Demon's Souls and Bloodborne), Hidetaka Miyazaki, started out doing code on the original Armored Core and worked his way up like that.

Armored Core is a series that, despite my love of From Software, I have very little experience in. There's just sooo many games. On the PS2 it was like the Madden of mech games for a while.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 15, 2015

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Caitlin posted:

They have a Mahjong too: http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

peeNamaste posted:

My friend's arcade has one of these and I have the High Score on it! Not the world record (but close) but the world record dude is some sperg that goes around and sets the high score on every machine in america. It's definitely worth some plays, and once you get the hang of it you can p much play for as long as you want (unless you hit the kill screen).

The next steps are to actually alphabetize the games (I had to move them around a lot so I saved that for later) and start printing out art for the UGCs and jewel cases. My Atari games couldn't fit so those are in storage until I move into a new place next year. There are also a few more cases I need to get (gameboy, 4 disc ps1, etc) but it's coming along nicely.

The shelves are deeper than I'd like, so I'm going to throw some 2x4s back there to push the games forward while keeping them straight.

I'm installing some floating shelves nearby for gunpla, and then re-ordering my console setup, and then I should be good for a while. (who am I kidding)

I take it you didn't have much luck bending the acrylic stands with a heat gun? Heh. I hope one of my other suggestions maybe works for you instead, but great progress!

Also I didn't know alphabetizing your shelves was considered spergy... but who am I kidding, most of the regulars in here (at least to an outsider) probably qualify as complete sperglords anyway. I recently handed over my Virtual Boy, my other TurboGrafx and my teal GBC to Chris at Windy to see if his dude can rescue them (well, the GBC only needs new caps, the audio is barely there, so there's no doubt on that one). If I were to guess the Turbo popped a fuse (like the other one I fixed up) so that'll be a pretty sure shot too. I'm really just worried/hopeful for the VB - it has a home on my shelf either way, but hopefully it's just the standard lovely ribbon cable or something equally stupid.

Also, 95% of the arcade WR-setter types I've met (myself included here, don't get me wrong) are spergs through and through, some just moreso than others - but the current WR holder is Paul Kowalyszyn, he set it at the closest arcade to me that's not Gameworks, Underground Retrocade. Bret Bays had it before (it's not listed on Aurcade because he never had it verified with anyone there or submitted it there). I don't think Paul travels all that much though.

http://www.aurcade.com/games/format.aspx?id=863

AHAHAHA. I never even looked at the rest of the site, I just found myself some koi koi and went to town. Fancy that.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Random Stranger posted:

You mean the Famicom FF2? Please, talk to someone before this goes too far and you play Final Fantasy III.

The gba version which is apparently slightly less arcane. The plan is to jump to Dragon Quest 3 after before hopping back to FF3

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

peeNamaste posted:

What sort of display stands are you using on the portable systems?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Animorphs board game spotted.

Jadius
May 12, 2001

FISSION MAILED!
I pulled that cap that likes to go boom from my 1.1 Xbox and it really doesn't look that bad. There was nothing that leaked on to the motherboard itself but the cap was just barely starting to leak it looks like. Now the clock will forever think it's 2002, but I can live with that. At least it won't catch fire now.

In other, not so directly retro news, I've been playing through the Steam release of Axiom Verge and it really is as good as everyone says it is. This is a retro styled game done so right. I like it a lot more than Shovel Knight even.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Can't wait for the PS3 to be considered retro so I can endlessly gush about how everyone needs to play Yakuza 3 and 4

[and by play I mean play long enough to get to the arcade, spend 20 hours at the crane game, then play long enough to get to the gambling halls, and play until the heat death of the universe, never actually completing either game]

e. They should be completed though, because they're my favorite games on the PS3, some of my favorite games in the universe, and have the best cast of anything, ever

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Random Stranger posted:

Silent Debuggers is on the Wii VC at least, which is more than good enough for me when it comes to experiencing the TG16 (until I become independently wealthy.)

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

Code Jockey posted:

Can't wait for the PS3 to be considered retro so I can endlessly gush about how everyone needs to play Yakuza 3 and 4

[and by play I mean play long enough to get to the arcade, spend 20 hours at the crane game, then play long enough to get to the gambling halls, and play until the heat death of the universe, never actually completing either game]

e. They should be completed though, because they're my favorite games on the PS3, some of my favorite games in the universe, and have the best cast of anything, ever

Is it better than the movie Outrage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Caitlin posted:

Also I didn't know alphabetizing your shelves was considered spergy... but who am I kidding, most of the regulars in here (at least to an outsider) probably qualify as complete sperglords anyway. I recently handed over my Virtual Boy, my other TurboGrafx and my teal GBC to Chris at Windy to see if his dude can rescue them (well, the GBC only needs new caps, the audio is barely there, so there's no doubt on that one). If I were to guess the Turbo popped a fuse (like the other one I fixed up) so that'll be a pretty sure shot too. I'm really just worried/hopeful for the VB - it has a home on my shelf either way, but hopefully it's just the standard lovely ribbon cable or something equally stupid.

Even in the heart of my collector phase, I never alphabetized my games. I just grouped them by console, then by series, then by publisher. Which is probably a lot worse.

• Locked thread