Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

His leaving was still preventable if WFX had just kicked Avalon though. - or not picked him up in the first place. But that would require WFX to have good management, yeah.
It was half nepotism and half bad management, but if you've got people in Korea calling Avalon out before he's even on a team for being awful most common sense would say dump him. Their substitute who only played renekton did better in one week than Avalon did a whole split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Libertine posted:

Watching Sneaky's stream just makes me wish Aphro could be life-rafted off of CLG and join C9 and move Lemon to coach.

Lemon is already the best coach in NA and Aphro has so much fun when he plays with Sneaky. You can hear the joy in his voice.

To be fair, Aphro has tons of fun whenever he duo queues with anyone.

Darshan? D-Darshan?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Top lane Cinderhulk Fizz? Really? I mean, I know people were talking about Cinderhulk being OP, but if you can build it on Fizz maybe they have a point?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Killed By Death posted:

Top lane Cinderhulk Fizz? Really? I mean, I know people were talking about Cinderhulk being OP, but if you can build it on Fizz maybe they have a point?
I can't imagine why that would be very optimal if someone could have played Shy or Hecarim instead.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

So long as it has the HP scaling top laners are going to keep buying it. It sounds kind of fishy on Fizz though.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
also re: thorin and double, he is definitely a fan of him because of his whole story and everything.

here's him talking about the history of doublelift to some dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7xe8Vf0ZKE

when you put it like that it sounds like a movie or something, it explains everything about his character so well

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Lovechop posted:

also re: thorin and double, he is definitely a fan of him because of his whole story and everything.

here's him talking about the history of doublelift to some dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7xe8Vf0ZKE

when you put it like that it sounds like a movie or something, it explains everything about his character so well

He's not a huge fan of Dlift, but he does admire the drive he used to have. That vid is 2 years old.

That was part of a long speech by Thorin about how it's possible to make esports exciting to people with no game knowledge if you present it right.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Disinterested posted:

He's not a huge fan of Dlift, but he does admire the drive he used to have. That vid is 2 years old.

yeah you can tell it's old because of him saying he's one of the best mechanical players in the world, lol. he told the story again more recently in his video about double's career i just didn't wanna go looking for it.

but still even now, whenever thorin talks of double he does so in a way that makes me feel like he still buys into the idea he could still be the best. even in the Link vid he's saying 'well I respect double for this and that...' and stuff. he has a major bonk on for players with that kind attitude.

e: looool i just got to the bit in the link vid where he's referencing the dave chapelle rick james bit, this owns

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 15, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Top lane cinderhulk Rengar in OGN right now :D

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

Top lane cinderhulk Rengar in OGN right now :D

He played it earlier and lost super hard. I don't see the point, really. At least with Fizz you get % damage built into his kit and can build Triforce. What's the point of taking Rengar over Shyv or Heca or even Mao?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hahahaha that baron play

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Lovechop posted:

but still even now, whenever thorin talks of double he does so in a way that makes me feel like he still buys into the idea he could still be the best. even in the Link vid he's saying 'well I respect double for this and that...' and stuff. he has a major bonk on for players with that kind attitude.

Dlift is the only player on CLG since Saint who has been willing to step up and try to carry the team instead of be a role player so he has respect for that.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Disinterested posted:

Dlift is the only player on CLG since Saint who has been willing to step up and try to carry the team instead of be a role player so he has respect for that.

yeah that's true. despite being a bit of a dick, at least double does take some responsibility.

i would always prefer someone who is abrasive and confrontational over someone who is passive aggressive and moody like link. i can't loving stand that attitude.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

It was half nepotism and half bad management, but if you've got people in Korea calling Avalon out before he's even on a team for being awful most common sense would say dump him. Their substitute who only played renekton did better in one week than Avalon did a whole split.

I love that wfx & Avalon is out of the LCS now while flaresz is in.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Safety Scissors posted:

What does it say?

So far I've got the following
Little Bitches:
Doublelift
MonteCristo
Link'

I think if we just compiled a list of everyone who's a little bitch it would probably be the most effective tl:dr.

Double lift and link, while not blameless or perfect of course, are NOT lil baby bitches who had to go cry when his one week of in person coaching didn't work out.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Disinterested posted:

That really doesn't show through his work ethic and recent performance. Doublelift loves being the star of the team and if he can't be, he just falls back into the shadows. That's probably the main reason that Link was the main carry last split and Double was one of the weaker ADCs (even though he was #2 in gold total for an ADC).

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Link sounds exactly like I'd expect Link to sound, especially when he talks about himself (Everybody but me and Aphro were playing other games and I didn't try at Hearthstone so it wasn't a distraction, everyone turned on Dexter but Chasing the Cup only made it look like it was me, I was always willing to play what the team needed, I wanted to pick up all the meta champions before the playoffs). lol at Seraph angrily telling Dexter not to gank top anymore though

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

moush posted:

That really doesn't show through his work ethic and recent performance. Doublelift loves being the star of the team and if he can't be, he just falls back into the shadows. That's probably the main reason that Link was the main carry last split and Double was one of the weaker ADCs (even though he was #2 in gold total for an ADC).

Well you have to factor in that dlift has also been trying to play a more supportive style. But in general in his career he has always been willing to accept the burden of responsibility for carrying in a way link and others haven't, especially in crunch matches.

Thorin kind of gets that players who carry teams don't just do it naturally, it comes from ego etc.

If anything in Dlift's career he was never that ruthless in enforcing his carry style on to the team, that's actually historically one of CLG's problems. They would play a protect the ADC style but never commit to it fully because it was too bruising to the egos on the team.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Lmao shut the gently caress up Monte

KicksYouInHalf fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 15, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Power of Pecota posted:

Link sounds exactly like I'd expect Link to sound, especially when he talks about himself (Everybody but me and Aphro were playing other games and I didn't try at Hearthstone so it wasn't a distraction, everyone turned on Dexter but Chasing the Cup only made it look like it was me, I was always willing to play what the team needed, I wanted to pick up all the meta champions before the playoffs). lol at Seraph angrily telling Dexter not to gank top anymore though

It was really good to see that Link could say something along the lines of "the history of CLG is just blame deflection," and then blame everyone else on the team for all of his problems. I'm excited to see if Pobelter and Huhi can fill Link's shoes, but from the sounds of it the drama of having two mids has already begun.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Amazing how few words the truly high level can prove themselves a Homo with.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Monte owns

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Those were really good tweets sorry you have no sense of humor.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Those are funny and save us from another 20 pages of "waaaaah I'm a little bitch and not everything went my way wahhhhhh"

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I don't have a problem with the first tweet, that was good. The second makes him seem like a Little Baby Bitch that is really into letting everyone know how above it all he is.

e: also it is a "pointing out the joke" type followup which never makes the first bit better. Cmon Monte, analyze some comedy for once in your god drat life.

KicksYouInHalf fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 15, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I don't have a problem with the first tweet, that was good. The second makes him seem like a Little Baby Bitch that is really into letting everyone know how above it all he is.

e: also it is a "pointing out the joke" type followup which never makes the first bit better. Cmon Monte, analyze some comedy for once in your god drat life.

nah, you just have no sense of humour, that was pretty great. Like a wise man said,

EDIT: Also, if by 'the second tweet' you mean the 50 page thesis thing, Twitter tends to read feeds from most to least recent, so it came first. So you may also have failed to get how the internet works on top of having no funny bones in your body.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Transient People posted:

EDIT: Also, if by 'the second tweet' you mean the 50 page thesis thing, Twitter tends to read feeds from most to least recent, so it came first. So you may also have failed to get how the internet works on top of having no funny bones in your body.

No, that's not what I meant. I was referring to him saying how he was going to learn from his failures. Like a bitch.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

KicksYouInHalf posted:

No, that's not what I meant. I was referring to him saying how he was going to learn from his failures. Like a bitch.

What exactly is 'being a little bitch'-y about *not actually writing big dumb posts of intra-team drama*? I think you've got your wires crossed here, keeping it at a short snip is more sensible than what everybody else is doing. And considering Link and Chauster actually did write 20+ pages of complaining, the clarification is, y'know, actually needed.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

If only Monte could have coached CLG through Twitter.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Transient People posted:

What exactly is 'being a little bitch'-y about *not actually writing big dumb posts of intra-team drama*? I think you've got your wires crossed here, keeping it at a short snip is more sensible than what everybody else is doing. And considering Link and Chauster actually did write 20+ pages of complaining, the clarification is, y'know, actually needed.

Because drama owns. Either don't acknowledge it all or let it all hang out.

Link/Double/Chauster (though Chauster's was a little boring since he actually sounded reasonable) are doing god's work.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Getting close to Diamond promo series. The teams I've had have been...really good, actually.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Monte owns losers

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Apprentice Dick posted:

Monte owns losers

https://soundcloud.com/vainglory/vainglory-unworthy-mix

:rock:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/CLGDoublelift/status/599028427824320512

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

KamikazePotato posted:

Getting close to Diamond promo series. The teams I've had have been...really good, actually.
this is the drama thread, we don't actually discuss any league of legends here, you want the regular thread for that.

also I love how delusional everyone on CLG is. Chauster was good at a lot of roles and probably best at support but he was certainly no madlife or faker (or even like a piglet) on any of them, and it's hilarious to hear him and everyone on CLG talk about how they're the only ones who know how to play the game right. Yet they're still 0 for a billion on LAN, but only because of their lovely teammates. You need a certain level of ego to be a pro and have confidence in your play, but holy poo poo if you think you're a god at every role and your team would be world-beaters if you could only make 4 clones of yourself to play every role.

Also lol at excuses around playing a lovely Sona buh buh but its cause I didn't have any practice and we had to deny xpecial sona! well maybe if you were good at the game you would have a better plan around that poo poo?

Also I've said this before, but Thorin and Richard Lewis look like Woodward and Bernstein compared to other e-sports "journalists" but most of Thorin's work can be traced to realizing that organizing your thoughts into a succinct and coherent manner in written form or even video form is actually really loving hard, and since apparently his target audience has the time to waste an hour and a half listening to something that could probably be condensed into 1000 word blog post, it doesn't really affect his bottom line.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only thing CLG is good for is watching their fan base do every mental gymnastic technique to explain why it's this split that's going to be the split or about how Doublelift is truly a great ADC.

I like the part where they are going to try subs and swap in and out of all those Bo3's they'll be playing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
With Thorin's skills for endless pontification, he should really get a new job as one of those guys who reads filibusters in the Senate. They could just ask him his thoughts on how Senate Bill 148-B will influence the chances of CLG at worlds or something and he could talk for like 7 hours straight.

The Korean challenger games were pretty bad. Tusin was fun to watch as a jungler, and did a much better job than I expected, but all of those teams are going to dogpiled by any of the main LCK squads. Holy poo poo Anarchy and Winners were terrible.

I still don't even know why teams get into these big promotion tournaments and try to run some objectively retarded poo poo like an entire team comp around Top Lane Cinderhulk Rengar. It seems to be like a universal rule in challenger playoffs though that you gotta have one of your main guys just picking some real off-meta dumb poo poo to try and cheese a win. Playing through an entire season of Challenger is a grueling process that ultimately results in you getting one or two playoff series to show your skills to be in one of the top leagues in the world, and that's how you wanna gamble? Rolling the dice on Top Lane Cinderhulk Rengar?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Libertine posted:

With Thorin's skills for endless pontification, he should really get a new job as one of those guys who reads filibusters in the Senate. They could just ask him his thoughts on how Senate Bill 148-B will influence the chances of CLG at worlds or something and he could talk for like 7 hours straight.

The Korean challenger games were pretty bad. Tusin was fun to watch as a jungler, and did a much better job than I expected, but all of those teams are going to dogpiled by any of the main LCK squads. Holy poo poo Anarchy and Winners were terrible.

I still don't even know why teams get into these big promotion tournaments and try to run some objectively retarded poo poo like an entire team comp around Top Lane Cinderhulk Rengar. It seems to be like a universal rule in challenger playoffs though that you gotta have one of your main guys just picking some real off-meta dumb poo poo to try and cheese a win. Playing through an entire season of Challenger is a grueling process that ultimately results in you getting one or two playoff series to show your skills to be in one of the top leagues in the world, and that's how you wanna gamble? Rolling the dice on Top Lane Cinderhulk Rengar?

Everyone knows the best way to generate fame and get people to look out for you as a new team on the scene is to play Crazy Off Meta Bullshit. Just look at Unicorns of Love's promos from last season.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Asema posted:

The only thing CLG is good for is watching their fan base do every mental gymnastic technique to explain why it's this split that's going to be the split or about how Doublelift is truly a great ADC.

I like the part where they are going to try subs and swap in and out of all those Bo3's they'll be playing.

Thing is that they have all the potential in the world, that gets shut down by the fact that their office staff SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

What potential do they have exactly.

• Locked thread