Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Broseph Brostar posted:

Lol sorry about that, I was a little under the influence and the wrong name came out. I loved the show though.

no worries I was rather under the influence myself! ive just never had someone shout "earwicker" at me on the street before (or in a hampton inn parking lot) so it was a bit strange. thanks for coming to the show and also thanks for buying a Disparition poster!

Solaris Knight posted:

It's a really good remix. Is it on the Bandcamp?

thank you! I am probably going to post up all of the tunes from that episode soon somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
There are worse forms usernames to have shouted at you.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Gettin' ready for the show. I sure hope our crappy city treats you better than Iowa did.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Action Yak Police posted:

Gettin' ready for the show. I sure hope our crappy city treats you better than Iowa did.

What happened in Iowa?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Earwicker posted:

ok so who is the goon that just called me by my something awful username in a hotel parking lot out yourself!

One thing that surprised me (and honestly I don't know why) but I didn't realize you that you actually played the keyboard during the show. I just assumed that you had samples and tracks queued up and you would just hit a button to play them. The music was fantastic last night.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

TheJoker138 posted:

What happened in Iowa?

A cashier at a store they stopped at refused to serve Mary Epworth because she was attempting to buy feminine hygiene products and proceeded to make everybody in their party uncomfortable as he very publicly made a show of finding another employee willing to handle the transaction.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

AstroZamboni posted:

A cashier at a store they stopped at refused to serve Mary Epworth because she was attempting to buy feminine hygiene products and proceeded to make everybody in their party uncomfortable as he very publicly made a show of finding another employee willing to handle the transaction.

lol What? Really?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

AstroZamboni posted:

That's hosed. What this dude like 15?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

AstroZamboni posted:

'merica.txt

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
So, um, has anyone figured out the Morse code on the cover of the novel? At least that's what it looks like to me. But I'm not familiar enough with the code to read it.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

The live show was amazing. If anyone is still on the fence about going and you can get tickets, do it. Dylan's performance was awesome! I mean, everyone's was, but he really got a chance to show off.
I saw Jeffery Cranor walking around before the show, and he waved in my general direction! (possibly because I was staring at him like a creep) (sorry)
Picked up a tour poster and a microphone shirt.
I was the dumpy girl with the Halloween third eye temporary tattoo on her forehead and the Spiderwolves shirt.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 6, 2015

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

One thing that surprised me (and honestly I don't know why) but I didn't realize you that you actually played the keyboard during the show. I just assumed that you had samples and tracks queued up and you would just hit a button to play them. The music was fantastic last night.

Thanks! it is a very fun job

AstroZamboni posted:

yeah that was somewhere near Waterloo, IA which seemed like a lovely place for a number of reason, though mainly that.

Iowa City itself, where we did the show, was actually a pretty nice town and the venue staff were great there

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Who the gently caress works as a cashier and refuses to sell tampons or whatever the gently caress to a woman? I can't comprehend this.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

TheJoker138 posted:

Who the gently caress works as a cashier and refuses to sell tampons or whatever the gently caress to a woman?

Iowans.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Emong posted:

Iowans.

I am from Iowa. I currently live in Minnesota, and have for nearly 20 years, but still. Like...it's not like she was even buying birth control or some other possibly controversial to midwestern idiot hicks thing.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

maxnmona posted:

Jesus Christ.

Is this better or worse than the time some tried to convince you that your fictional cat was Russian?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This is causing me to see Getting On With James Urbaniak in a whole new light, even though it's a completely different podcast set in many different universes.

OR IS IT.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

This is causing me to see Getting On With James Urbaniak in a whole new light, even though it's a completely different podcast set in many different universes.

OR IS IT.

Oh goddammit I have too many podcasts to keep up with as it is.

(I am not actually upset about this.)

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!

Lone Goat posted:

Is this better or worse than the time some tried to convince you that your fictional cat was Russian?

I need to hear all about this, unless its just exactly as you described and maxnmona walked away silently.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Agent_grey posted:

I need to hear all about this, unless its just exactly as you described and maxnmona walked away silently.

I think it's just that tumblr thought because there's this fictional cat in Night Vale named Khoshekh, and there's some word in Russian that sounds like that, the cat is definitely Russian? I dunno, that's something I vaguely remember a friend telling me about.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Agent_grey posted:

Check Jeffrey Cranor's twitter and scroll down to May 4 for the story.

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012

shelley posted:

I think it's just that tumblr thought because there's this fictional cat in Night Vale named Khoshekh, and there's some word in Russian that sounds like that, the cat is definitely Russian? I dunno, that's something I vaguely remember a friend telling me about.

One of the declensions of the Russian word for "cats" is "khoshekh" (кошек), which is a pretty cool coincidence if it's unintentional.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Detective Eyestorm posted:

One of the declensions of the Russian word for "cats" is "khoshekh" (кошек), which is a pretty cool coincidence if it's unintentional.

Well I usually call all cats 'cat' anyway.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Well I usually call all cats 'cat' anyway.

If you don't call all cats "cat" and all dogs "dog" you are living life wrong.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

TheJoker138 posted:

If you don't call all cats "cat" and all dogs "dog" you are living life wrong.

What if I call them "kitty" and "puppy" regardless of age?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Poopy Palpy posted:

What if I call them "kitty" and "puppy" regardless of age?

This is acceptable, but only if you ensure that they, are in fact, of the same species as 'cat' and 'dog' respectively. Calling a cat 'puppy' all the time is just uncouth. :colbert:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
What if it's nickname is 'Puppy', in the same way one would insultingly call a fellow man 'Fatso'?

'Get over here you gosh darned puppy.'

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The show in Bloomington is about to start, and the crowd is pretty pumped.

Slaan fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 10, 2015

Kotae
May 22, 2007

how cute!
At the Bloomington show tonight also! I loved the Librarian when I saw it in Indy last year..

The atmosphere and that show is what got me listening to Night Vale - I only listened to a couple episodes before the Librarian.

Can't wait for this to start!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Holy crap that was good.

Nice theatre, kid. :wink:

Buggalo
Mar 31, 2010
Anyone else at the Cincy show tonight? A surprising range of ages here compared to the Columbus show last year.

Devil's Advocate
Nov 22, 2004
Honestly, what has the devil ever done to YOU?
Just caught the Cleveland show. My good friend (Cybersix on here though she never posts) and I were second row, center stage. Amazing show, amazing performance by everyone!

Dylan Marrons hair was adorable by the way, and perfection.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
The weather on the new episode is loving awesome. The final verse is a paraphrasing of three distinct works by Carl Sagan done really well.

This song is my loving battle cry from now on

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I've been having a crappy day but that song actually helped me feel better. :unsmith:

Also KEVIN :swoon:

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I like where this is going. I am rather excited.
If you haven't listened to the episode yet, uh, you might not want to use headphones/earbuds/whatever. No reason.

The bug crawling in your/Cecil's ear bothers some people.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 15, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why? I just listened to it on headphones without issue.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
As someone with a pretty intense insect phobia, I was pretty uncomfortable during those segments.

Agreeing, though, that the Weather was one of the best yet.

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
I definitely removed one of my earbuds during those sections. Like, aaaaaaaa

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
I have been listening to the whole series again, and it confused me this morning because the next episode that I had on my queue was the first time an episode was called "faceless old woman". It took a bit for my sleep adled mind to understand what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

AstroZamboni posted:

The weather on the new episode is loving awesome. The final verse is a paraphrasing of three distinct works by Carl Sagan done really well.

This song is my loving battle cry from now on

That song is also a free download on Sifu Hotman's bandcamp site! And the whole album it's from is only $5.