Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Matching uniforms on your space marines as if they were typical space GIs instead of space operators mixing and matching seems weird to me.

Not a day goes by that Brother Levi doesn't get called out for replacing his Mk VI leg armor with a pair of denim slacks.

Edit: I hate being at the top of the page. As penance, here is my secret shame:

ThNextGreenLantern fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Power armor is for pussies, real men (and women) go into battle with nothing but a flak vest, a lasgun, and pants they've poo poo from fear.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

This guy, this guy right here is 40k as gently caress!

He's got a loving wrench for a hand and yet his job involves paperwork. gently caress yes. gently caress yes 40k.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Warlord and Guilliman available at the warhammer world grand opening.

Anyone going want to get me papa smurf?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Cataphract posted:

He's got a loving wrench for a hand and yet his job involves paperwork. gently caress yes. gently caress yes 40k.

Agreed.nHe is holding a clipboard!

If someone is attending and could pick one of these for me would be your BFF and be eternally grateful.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Available at WH World tomorrow.

Would kill for a scan of those Warlord rules. Got an apoc game at the end of the month with a friend running a Gargant who would love to know what to roughly base it off.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Cataphract posted:

Oh my god, I need this guy in my life. loving yes!

Fake edit: Also the last two pages have been seriously causing damage to my resolve to never do space marines again. My little heart is all a-flutter over a small project like BULBASAUR's to make some super grizzled renegade marines. BULBASAUR I am gay for you, hope you don't mind.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Are sisters of silence on that book??

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I used to be all about Mk VI, but once they did proper models for Mk IV, I became a massive fan. Mk IV is just awesome.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Yeah if anyone is going to warhammer world, could I also get a princeps model? PM me if you are going!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Chill la Chill posted:

Matching uniforms on your space marines as if they were typical space GIs instead of space operators mixing and matching seems weird to me.

I think it's about the meta implications of the army's style. You paint disciplined armies coherently, you paint disorganized mobs in a varied way. Giving them all a uniform shows that they're, well, unified, whereas orks and cultists should look like they showed in up whatever (but then secretly you also tie those together with some common themes).

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I never pictured Guilliman as being that blond.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Sulecrist posted:

I never pictured Guilliman as being that blond.

I dunno, I always kind of figured they had the Ubermensch personified in mind when they described him.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
:hfive:
I love this photo - someone hit it dead on with that evolution trope.

I can't wait to see photos of that Warlord. I'm really interested in 1) seeing the size; and 2) hearing the mind-boggling price.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

serious gaylord posted:

I dunno, I always kind of figured they had the Ubermensch personified in mind when they described him.

Looks close to the only previous close-up image of Papa Smurf:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
So glad Forge World announced HH5 is out tomorrow, that'll be the first thing I pick up. What is the role of a Princeps in a battle? Wondering if I should get one for 30K.

I'm happy to potentially pick up a model or two for folks, PM me!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Yeah I basically picture Papa Smurf as Robert Shaw in any role he played with blonde hair

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Oh god, should I as a goon to pick up a principeps to go with my warhound?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Who here plays Kill Team? What's the best form of the rules?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

krushgroove posted:

So glad Forge World announced HH5 is out tomorrow, that'll be the first thing I pick up. What is the role of a Princeps in a battle? Wondering if I should get one for 30K.

PM sent.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Moola posted:

Are sisters of silence on that book??

They'll probably come in Book 7, probably about a year from now, and around 8 months before the Tyrant Siege Terminators kit comes out..

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

ineptmule posted:

Personally, I like the official GW packet and the 30k Tactical Strike/Victory Is Vengeance sets.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

ineptmule posted:

Heralds of Ruin, even my local GW runs it.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

ineptmule posted:

Heralds of Ruin's Kill Team rules were pretty good. It's much more structured in a 6th edition 40k way, however you'll have a lot less special snowflake HQ type characters.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Guilliman, appropriately, reminds me of Roman statuary moreso than anything Nazi-related. I think it's the style of hair in addition to the color.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

krushgroove posted:

A princeps is the leader of a titan's crew, so that model is really just a fluff piece or objective marker.

I do like how his entire right side seems to have been really hosed up by some explosion or something. It's the price you pay for driving around in a walking doomsday weapon.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JerryLee posted:

Guilliman, appropriately, reminds me of Roman statuary moreso than anything Nazi-related. I think it's the style of hair in addition to the color.

He's pretty intentionally evocative of Caesar. That being said, I like the idea of Primarch Dolph Lundgren, but I imagine that'll be Dorn.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
Hail Caesar

link posted a few pages back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8hPLu3gYq0

DirtyRobot fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 15, 2015

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Ugh. I'm going to pick through my 40k Ultras and see how many old marks of armour I can find. Guilliman's model looks great so far and I bet he'll bring some massive buffs to his legion.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Didn't Caesar have dark hair, though? All of the Romans I've seen in mosaics or whatever have very Mediterranean/Levantine skin tones and hair.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

DirtyRobot posted:

Hail Caesar

link posted a few pages back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8hPLu3gYq0

I really like this image. Sounds weird to say but they capture there that some of the primarchs are supposed to be charismatic and attractive guys - part of the reason they subjugated entire planets before being found.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Being seven feet tall and able to throw a horse over the horizon probably helped as well.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Hollismason posted:

Being seven feet tall and able to throw a horse over the horizon probably helped as well.

I thought they were like 9 or 10, the cover of un remembered empire has regular humans at like belt high on the primarchs.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 15, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hencoe posted:

I thought they were like 9 or 10, the cover of un remembered empire has regular humans at like belt high on the primarchs.

They vary in size, but on average they are to space marines what marines are to humans. So around 10-11 feet tall.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was regular Astartes = ~8 ft and primarchs = ~10 ft. Then again, the fluff isn't very consistent.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
They're as big as they need to be for the story.

Yo 30gay nerds, would this be a good starting point:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Forge__World_Bundles/LEGION_MKIII_STRIKE_FORCE.html
I want more Ultramarines.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DO IT TO IT posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was regular Astartes = ~8 ft and primarchs = ~10 ft. Then again, the fluff isn't very consistent.

It also varies a lot between primarchs. Alpharius is Astartes sized - big for an Astartes, but easily mistaken for a regular Space Marine. Magnus on the other hand is a true giant.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Cythereal posted:

It also varies a lot between primarchs. Alpharius is Astartes sized - big for an Astartes, but easily mistaken for a regular Space Marine. Magnus on the other hand is a true giant.

Magnus' appearance shifts. There is a lot of fuckery going around with the primarchs and emperors true appearance. In one of the books (I forget which), when the natives find Fulgrim as a baby, there is like a light or something obscuring his face and then his face appears and he looks like the native population that found him. There is some empathic psychic fuckery going on. I was smoking entirely too much weed when reading these books, just as a foot note.

In betrayer I think it is Lorgar is talking to Magnus and Magnus' face is always shifting from a normal face with scarred eye, to a normal face with one of the eye sockets being totally smooth like the eye never existed to having one big eye in the middle like a cyclops from myth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

SRM posted:

They're as big as they need to be for the story.

Yo 30gay nerds, would this be a good starting point:
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Forge__World_Bundles/LEGION_MKIII_STRIKE_FORCE.html
I want more Ultramarines.

I'm no expert as I'm just starting my 30k collection but that seems like a fine place to start. It gives some models to use as HQ and it gives 2 min squads of troops. Take this with a grain of salt as the person you really want to answer this question is Bulbasaur.

• Locked thread