Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Juve may not have as much fresh talent in ranks as other top 10 in Europe, but their experienced guys mesh well with the young guys and they have been playing a tactical masterclass the whole tournament. They deservedly won every tie; yes, they were lucky with the draws but don't be stupid and call them weak cause they evidently are not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ah yes the fresh 32 Daniel Alves, 28 Suarez, 30 Mascherano, 31 Iniesta, 31 Mathieu and 35 Xavi vs the senile 22 year old Moratta and Pogba, 26 Ogbonna, 24 Pereyra and 27 Arturo Vidal.

:rolleyes:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
32 juicing is different from 32 not-juicing.

I really like Alves actually.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Why are you retards posting about Juve in the La Liga thread?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Juve are good and all but if Suarez, Messi and Neymar all arrive healthy on June 6 they have no chance of winning the final.

Right now Suarez is doubt for this weekend's game against Atletico.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

dex_sda posted:

Juve may not have as much fresh talent in ranks as other top 10 in Europe, but their experienced guys mesh well with the young guys and they have been playing a tactical masterclass the whole tournament. They deservedly won every tie; yes, they were lucky with the draws but don't be stupid and call them weak cause they evidently are not

Let's see. They are a wildly inconsistent team that is pretty poor, plays in a terrible league and has a horrid coach.

Thet have failed in the champions league to have any real impact for many seasons. This year they played weak teams up until they played a feckless Madrid.

Their defenders are poo poo and prone to major brainfarts. Their strikers are not up to snuff to those of most teams out there. The only real quality one is Tevez and boy is he old.

There are quite a few teams that are better than this Juventus side. Porto is loving better. If Real didn't have half their team sidelined by injuries and a coach that actually knew how to use his players they would not have won.

La vechia signora? More like la vechia puta.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

PerpetualSelf posted:

Let's see. They are a wildly inconsistent team that is pretty poor, plays in a terrible league and has a horrid coach.

Thet have failed in the champions league to have any real impact for many seasons. This year they played weak teams up until they played a feckless Madrid.

Their defenders are poo poo and prone to major brainfarts. Their strikers are not up to snuff to those of most teams out there. The only real quality one is Tevez and boy is he old.

There are quite a few teams that are better than this Juventus side. Porto is loving better. If Real didn't have half their team sidelined by injuries and a coach that actually knew how to use his players they would not have won.

shut the gently caress up

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
A coach who knew how to use his players

Juventus
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Milan
UEFA Champions League: 2002–03, 2006–07
UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007
FIFA Club World Cup: 2007
Serie A: 2003–04
Coppa Italia: 2002–03
Supercoppa Italiana: 2004

Chelsea
Premier League: 2009–10
FA Cup: 2009–10
FA Community Shield: 2009

Paris Saint-Germain
Ligue 1: 2012–13

Real Madrid
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014
Copa del Rey: 2013–14

Definitely not this guy.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Mans posted:

lmao yeah i bet you're prettier tha him

Your dad thinks so

Ronaldo does look off lately. I hope its just fatigue and not ^that mug that's causing it.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ancelotti is not to blame for Madrid's failures. Instead I would blame Perez, who put together an inferior roster. A team built around a weak defensive pairing and 5 players who can only attack just doesn't hold up against top tier squads. Especially when their supposed best player spends most of the game pouting because some autistic Argentinean boy is more widely loved than him. If Ronaldo stopped being such a bitch and went back to scoring legit goals these errors could probably be ignored. But, it really fucks up a team when their star turns into a poor-mans filippo inzaghi.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Gigi Galli posted:

A coach who knew how to use his players

Juventus
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Milan
UEFA Champions League: 2002–03, 2006–07
UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007
FIFA Club World Cup: 2007
Serie A: 2003–04
Coppa Italia: 2002–03
Supercoppa Italiana: 2004

Chelsea
Premier League: 2009–10
FA Cup: 2009–10
FA Community Shield: 2009

Paris Saint-Germain
Ligue 1: 2012–13

Real Madrid
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14
UEFA Super Cup: 2014
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014
Copa del Rey: 2013–14

Definitely not this guy.

How many league titles has he won in his entire career?

Every single time Ancelotti has used the bbc it fails. They lose, tie, or have a very difficult match. Their best players in terms of form this season, Isco and James are played out of position. The only major offensive danger comes from Marcelo. Bale and Ronald look neutered. Creativity dies.

Meanwhile when they play with a simple 4 man midfield the team performs.

Ronaldo needed to play up front as a striker. The team needed to play farther back to actually give Bale room to make runs. James had to actually played in a position that allows him to generate proper threat and key passes.

He failed tactically on every level and he did so repeatedly this season.

Ancelotti is good at motivating people. Good at the short burst of matches that are cups. He's not good at leagues not good at something that requires proper understanding of tactics and every weakness and strength of your players. The infantile mistakes he makes in lining up players continues to demonstrate this.

With The 433 team plays horrible football they lose, at least if they lost with the 4 man midfield they'd be playing good football. Which is most important for a team called Real Madrid. It's not loving Chelsea.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

lmao

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
In his 6 years at Real Madrid, Cristiano has only won the league once, makes you think.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

PerpetualSelf posted:

you're an idiot

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

PerpetualSelf posted:

According to the post you quoted: 3, in 3 different leagues. Pretty impressive, imo.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

dxt posted:

According to the post you quoted: 3, in 3 different leagues. Pretty impressive, imo.

How many back to back? Out of how many years of coaching?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
this thread is the gift that keeps on giving

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

you don't need more than 3 trophies to be a winner but he is a winner

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerpetualSelf posted:

How many back to back? Out of how many years of coaching?

Trapattoni is old as balls so that means his achievements don't mean much i guess.

You're calling someone who won the national league in three different countries and was just a few points from winning it in the fourth country (winning the national cup and the CL as compensation) an unimpressive coach.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao Carlo Ancelotti has won the most Champions League trophies in football history. He's a fuckin scrub

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
It's not loving Chelsea.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PerpetualSelf posted:

Holy moley. The man has literally won more CLs than one of the best managers in modern football history and you're calling him poo poo.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
La Liga is just too competitive.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Being the Madrid manager sucks.

For starters the president constantly buys flashy new toys that don't address the team's main weaknesses but need to be put in the lineup so they can appease their Arab and Asian fans who just want goals all the time. Next, their local fans are a bunch of fascists who riot if the coach doesn't play their favourite Spanish players (who outside of Isco are all poo poo). Finally, the manager needs to spend countless hours trying to keep Ronaldo's self-esteem up—as the insecure Portuguese fancyboi throws a tantrum every time someone else on their team scores and is constantly being humiliated by an autistic 14 year old and a guy who pretended to be a cartoon raccoon.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

BWV posted:

And yet they keep coming.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

BWV posted:

For starters the president constantly buys flashy new toys that don't address the team's main weaknesses but need to be put in the lineup so they can appease their Arab and Asian fans who just want goals all the time. Next, their local fans are a bunch of fascists who riot if the coach doesn't play their favourite Spanish players (who outside of Isco are all poo poo). Finally, the manager needs to spend countless hours trying to keep Ronaldo's self-esteem up—as the insecure Portuguese fancyboi throws a tantrum every time someone else on their team scores and is constantly being humiliated by an autistic 14 year old and a guy who pretended to be a cartoon raccoon.

bad

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

"and whats the deal with scoring goals and being fascist?" - poo poo catalan but still j*wish version of jerry seinfeld

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

more like not scoring goals

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

It's all pretty true tbh

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
a post can be bad but true

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
lmao this thread, the title works as intended

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Mans posted:

lmao Carlo Ancelotti has won the most Champions League trophies in football history. He's a fuckin scrub

Was a single club he won those trophies at a small club that never won it before? Was one even a non giant club that still had history in the league like Porto or Ajax?

It's not loving hard to win thr champions league at AC Milan or Inter or Real or Barcelona or Liverpool, Manchester United or even Juventus.

Ancelotti always coaches teams with good money, prestige, and can win some titles with them.

You need more to be a good coach now day, you need to coach a absolute poo poo or mediocre team to a achievement.

If we had emery or simeone at Real Madrid they would of won the league. Mourinho was the only one to win them a league in like 7 years.

Having big achievements at big clubs doesn't mean anything anymore unless you can do well at much smaller ones.

I think a good option for Madrid at this point is AVB. It's the kind of coach they need, its the kind they deserve. And he already knows a lot of the players.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

oh yeah everyone can win the most prestigious trophy in club football with a good football club, contrary to La Liga which can't be won by a normal manager with a poo poo tier team like real

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

thank you for understanding my point parody threads, additionally, haha toward the previous post extolling the faults of ancelotti for "only" winning the cl with good teams.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

PerpetualSelf posted:

Having big achievements at big clubs doesn't mean anything anymore unless you can do well at much smaller ones.

Ah! The "Pep is a poo poo fraud" argument, you might be on to something here.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

tbp posted:

thank you for understanding my point parody threads, additionally, haha toward the previous post extolling the faults of ancelotti for "only" winning the cl with good teams.

I don't think a post that posits AVB managing Real Madrid is a serious post...I don't think....

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

PerpetualSelf posted:

It's not loving hard to win thr champions league at...Juventus.

PerpetualSelf posted:

one of the weakest sides ever to make it to a Champions League final

lol

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

rats off to ya posted:

I don't think a post that posits AVB managing Real Madrid is a serious post...I don't think....

What is wrong with AVB please present proof, kthx.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PerpetualSelf posted:

It's not loving hard to win thr champions league at...Real...

Ancelotti was the first manager in loving years to bring the trophy back to the Bernabeu you tool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

Ancelotti was the first manager in loving years to bring the trophy back to the Bernabeu you tool

Literally 12 years lol

• Locked thread