Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

achillesforever6 posted:

Am I the only one hearing Tim Curry when I read Sinister's dialogue?

Casting ideas I never knew I desperately wanted got another entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

achillesforever6 posted:

Am I the only one hearing Tim Curry when I read Sinister's dialogue?

well not anymore

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I dunno, I just hear all written dialogue as H. Jon Benjamin regardless of sex, age, race, or species.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

I dunno, I just hear all written dialogue as H. Jon Benjamin regardless of sex, age, race, or species.

I imagine that someday we'll be able to just load an app and hear whatever voice we wish come from whomever.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I keep imagining his voice from the 90's cartoon, and it's wonderful.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Keromaru5 posted:

I keep imagining his voice from the 90's cartoon, and it's wonderful.

Your very essence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I have never seen the X-Men cartoon. Is it as gloriously idiotic as these clips make it look?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

I have never seen the X-Men cartoon. Is it as gloriously idiotic as these clips make it look?

It hasn't aged well, but man it was rad at the time, still kind of fun to watch.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

SynthOrange posted:

My answer to that is that I'M COVERED IN SCORPIONSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9y4SWc5w78

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

P. much. It actually does a p. admirable job of featuring the byzantine clusterfuck of factions, extra characters, and atrocious designs from the 90s comics in small chunks from episode to episode.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Your... boys."

SynthOrange posted:

"The wild man of Borneo..." <shifty eyes> "See you around."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I had to bite a pen to stop laughing in my cubicle at the Sentinel elevator scene. Jesus what perfect writing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The sentinels are some of my favorite characters in any medium. They're stupid giant racist robots.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I apparently didn't watch enough of that show because I never saw anyone but various X-characters on it, but I saw Captains America and Marvel in there, plus I'm pretty sure Lockjaw?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lurdiak posted:

The sentinels are some of my favorite characters in any medium. They're stupid giant racist robots.

If there's one thing the "Previously On X-Men" videos accomplished, it's making me feel really bad for the incredibly dumb sentinels.

"I believe it is the ace of spades!"

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Actually, most of those are still my default voices for the X-men characters. Especially Wolverine and the Sentinels.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Straight up. I still hear Cathal Dodd's Wolverine whenever I read comics. Disappoints me he's just a generic Steve Blum character in the cartoons these days.

e:

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 15, 2015

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Keromaru5 posted:

Actually, most of those are still my default voices for the X-men characters. Especially Wolverine and the Sentinels.

I love how Rogue screams basically every line.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Various unsourced.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Ghostlight posted:

I had to bite a pen to stop laughing in my cubicle at the Sentinel elevator scene. Jesus what perfect writing.

The Master Mold's death is even funnier, if you can believe it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Please link or describe.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

SynthOrange posted:

Please link or describe.

I think this is it? Though I seem to recall it happening a few times.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think they mean the time it's sitting in it's big dumb chair, and tries to run away but...

"I AM STILL PLUGGED IN?!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5v2RdxYGqk

It's the last scene and Ahahaha!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Keromaru5 posted:

In much the same way, Spider-Man still sounds like a weird hybrid of Christopher Barnes and Patrick Chilvers in my head.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

In much the same way, Spider-Man still sounds like a weird hybrid of Christopher Barnes and Patrick Chilvers in my head.

While reading The Superior Spider-Man I couldn't not hear Efrem Zimbalist Jr. whenever Superior Spidey spoke and I kept thinking "How does anyone not realize it's Doctor Octopus with that ridiculous German accent?!?"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

I'm still waiting for a comic where he proclaims his intention of chasing SHOOOOOCKEEEERRRR to the ends of the EAAAARRRRTTTHHH!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

theironjef posted:

I love how Rogue screams basically every line.

Being a kid who was never into big hair and hearing her voice I wondered why Rogue was a sex symbol until I was like nine and realized what tight outfits do to the eye.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm still waiting for a comic where he proclaims his intention of chasing SHOOOOOCKEEEERRRR to the ends of the EAAAARRRRTTTHHH!

Dan Slott's biggest crime was not having that line at all during his Ends of the Earth storyline.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, he CAN'T ESCAPE HIIIIM, so Shocker should just GET BACK HEEEEERE!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

Well, he CAN'T ESCAPE HIIIIM, so Shocker should just GET BACK HEEEEERE!

HEEEE'S inVINCible!

(Seriously, though, CBD is the voice of Spider-Man for me.)

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

The title theme still has not been topped.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

qntm posted:

I'm afraid you're mistaken, it was almost immediately topped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

qntm posted:

Uh-huh. Let me introduce you to my Japanese friend:
BREAK OUT!

I think the second one (starting at about 2:00) is even better. The love triangle is just perfect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ha ha ha ha ha, I am the winner.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

CzarChasm posted:

Uh-huh. Let me introduce you to my Japanese friend:
BREAK OUT!

I think the second one (starting at about 2:00) is even better. The love triangle is just perfect.
You're both wrong. The animation is better, but the songs aren't.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Why does Magneto appear to be attacking the x-mans by sending hydralisks at them?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Those are Brood.

They are definitely not any of the other vaguely xenomorph like creatures in modern work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zereth posted:

Why does Magneto appear to be attacking the x-mans by sending hydralisks at them?

Because they re-animated the intro, and after watching that the poor people of Japan had to then sit through the same animation we did. And somehow I bet the guy they got to dub Apocalypse wasn't as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash upon me and be broken.

(Edit: Those alien things are The Brood, who were regular X-Men villains, but I don't think ever showed up in the cartoon)

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Because they re-animated the intro, and after watching that the poor people of Japan had to then sit through the same animation we did. And somehow I bet the guy they got to dub Apocalypse wasn't as good.
Allow me to rephrase: Why is Magneto attacking the X-men in a way which isn't related to his powers?