Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hopeford posted:

I think he genuinely is becoming less of an rear end in a top hat, he's just still acting like one. Like on page 18 he's saying he doesn't give a poo poo about Deku's thing about giving speeches to his rivals, but the page also shows him flashing back to a time where he most definitely gave a poo poo. Like I don't know, I could just be reading waaaay too deep here but I think there's probably a point in showing him remembering that scene while saying that.

That definitely hit Bakugou close to home, which is why he's being so aggressive there. Deku is still a sore spot to him, even if he's improving in other areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I love how he kicked the door open all action hero-like even though he thought there was nobody to witness it. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Man, that Bakugou kid really has anger problems. He'd better get that under control or he'll have a stroke or heart attack when he's older.

I kind of want him to win the tournament but then have it all be completely meaningless and hollow. Like it doesn't really even matter who wins in the end. They're all winners in a way!

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Roland Jones posted:

That definitely hit Bakugou close to home, which is why he's being so aggressive there. Deku is still a sore spot to him, even if he's improving in other areas.

Yeah, that's something really nice about the manga. The development seems to be partial instead of a "flip the switch, all issues solved" approach. Even Todoroki's issues don't seem to have disappeared just from that one fight. I've kind of come to expect characters to just never mention emotional baggage after a single emotional fight anymore, this almost feels kind of odd.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

chumbler posted:

If he does I hope he gets owned. You guys aren't giving enough Bakugou enough credit. His quirk is nearly as strong, he's great at using it, and he's a super smart fighter. I want to see him win it and then get royally pissed when Deku isn't cowed by it at all.
Bakugou's a great fighter. He's got a solid quirk and knows how to use it. He doesn't do stupid things like go easy on an opponent just because they seem like they'd be an easy mark. Furthermore, rather than simply assuming he's the best, he takes active steps to ensure he's the best. He's got drive. His arrogance comes from genuine confidence in his abilities and a willingness to push himself to his limits, rather than mere self-assured complacency.

I don't particularly like Bakugou, but I'm giving him plenty of credit.

I want Todoroki to hold back because I think the potential ramifications for his character and Bakugou's are more interesting than if he doesn't. I want Todoroki to hold back because that's the kind of subtle characterization I like to see in a genre where people tend to loudly announce how they're feeling about things. Whether he wins or not is a separate issue.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 15, 2015

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Caidin posted:

Didn't one of Bakugou's profile pages mention that he can't generate explosions if he can't sweat? like in cold environments, for example?

I'm assuming this isn't going to go well for him.

The line is something like "he's a slow starter in winter" so I would assume Todoroki's ice powers wouldn't have quite as immediate an effect unless he just insta-freezes the entire arena.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I want Bakugou to win and then just challenge Deku for the hell of it. Also presumably all of Bakugou's liquids have the possibility to explode.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Soylentbits posted:

I want Bakugou to win and then just challenge Deku for the hell of it. Also presumably all of Bakugou's liquids have the possibility to explode.

Bakugou's final climax of the story will be igniting his entire body in one giant kamikaze attack to save the world.

The explosion will billow upwards like the most defiant of middle fingers.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hopeford posted:

I really want Bakugou to win because he's my favorite character, but this just seems like a bad matchup for him. Plus I imagine they're going to give him the loss so he can have character development or something. Would rather if he got development mid-match and still won though, if nothing else because Todoroki is gonna get a bit boring if he keeps winning every time.

Bakugou's already lost once and been reprimanded by Aikawa for his arrogance and bad habits separately from that at the very least. He acknowledged it both times and appears to be developing based on those events.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

pandaK posted:

Bakugou's final climax of the story will be igniting his entire body in one giant kamikaze attack to save the world.

The explosion will billow upwards like the most defiant of middle fingers.
RIP Bakugou.

He died as he lived.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Caidin posted:

Didn't one of Bakugou's profile pages mention that he can't generate explosions if he can't sweat? like in cold environments, for example?

Contrary to popular(?) belief, you sweat just as much when it's cold as you do when it's warm. It's one of the real risks of winter hiking / camping.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I assume the slow starter phrase simply means that since he's not already sweating due to the heat he has to build it up through exercise.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DrSunshine posted:

Man, that Bakugou kid really has anger problems. He'd better get that under control or he'll have a stroke or heart attack when he's older.

No chance of that
Nitroglycerin is good for the heart.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Soylentbits posted:

Look I didn't want to bring it up before, but Bakugou is basically just Mr 5.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Just a heads-up in case you guys didn't know, but I'm pretty sure you all already do, Kissmanga offers a much better reading experience by loading all the pages at once and letting you scroll down through them: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/Ch-042--And-Now--The-Finals?id=229066

(Maybe a little less revenue-generating because doesn't load as many pages/ads, but it's a better experience)

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Prison Warden posted:

Look I didn't want to bring it up before, but Bakugou is basically just Mr 5.

I'm not sure I want to see him flick exploding boogers around.

Breath bombs might be cool though.

Looking forward to the finale. I really hope it doesn't get interrupted.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I think Bakugou is rad as hell but I still hope he gets his poo poo pushed in because it just wouldn't feel very satisfying if he beat Todoroki, after Todoroki and Deku bonded like they did

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

JD posted:

I think Bakugou is rad as hell but I still hope he gets his poo poo pushed in because it just wouldn't feel very satisfying if he beat Todoroki, after Todoroki and Deku bonded like they did
On the contrary I hope he wins big since it sets up this thing where Bakugou beat the guy who beat Midoriya, who beat him twice. Similar deal for everyone else. It'd make Todoroki/Midoriya/Bakugou kind of the strongest appearing students at least- even if Midoriya lost early.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If we're talking feces as shaped charges, Schlock Mercenary did that YEARS ago.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I hope Bakugou wins because Bakugou is the best character and should always be the best at everything. Whenever Bakugou isn't in a panel, other characters should be asking "Where's Bakugou?"

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I begun trying to think of more logical reasons to try to explain why Bakugou should win until I realized that deep inside I'm just being a kid wanting my favorite wrestler to win, plot be damned. And know what? I don't care, I'm a shameless mark. GO BAKUGOU. I want him to win because that would be fun for me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

I hope Bakugou wins because Bakugou is the best character and should always be the best at everything. Whenever Bakugou isn't in a panel, other characters should be asking "Where's Bakugou?"

This unironically.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Hopeford posted:

I begun trying to think of more logical reasons to try to explain why Bakugou should win until I realized that deep inside I'm just being a kid wanting my favorite wrestler to win, plot be damned. And know what? I don't care, I'm a shameless mark. GO BAKUGOU. I want him to win because that would be fun for me.

I'd do this too, but I love everyone in this drat manga. Even the manchild with a shitload of hands.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The best result is the reveal that the whole tournament was a fever dream of Bakugou's and the true winner was Tsuyu.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
Has it been mentioned in any of the chapters how Bakugou's body reacts to external explosions/fire? He's seemingly immune to the explosive damage caused by his own attacks, but can an attack of similar nature not caused by him do any damage?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Level Slide posted:

I'd do this too, but I love everyone in this drat manga. Even the manchild with a shitload of hands.

I was thinking this too but then I remembered grape head

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Eej posted:

I was thinking this too but then I remembered grape head

Grape head is the best, simpleton.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
nah there's a pretty thick line to be drawn at actively groping women

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If only he could be cool like Bakugou and actively seek to murder his former childhood punching bag.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder if this universe is slightly slapstick and not every action is to be taken 100% seriously

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rodyle posted:

I wonder if this universe is slightly slapstick and not every action is to be taken 100% seriously

:buddy:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Rodyle posted:

:byobear:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If we're talking feces as shaped charges, Schlock Mercenary did that YEARS ago.

Mr 5 got introduced almost 16 years ago. 1999 drat... That makes me feel old all of the sudden.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Level Slide posted:

At first I thought you meant Shouji, the tentacle arm dude, and kind of hated you for a second.

Ruggington posted:

Stain is straight out of ninja turtles
From last page, but to me he looks more like someone out of Spawn. And that's cool too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mulderman posted:

Mr 5 got introduced almost 16 years ago. 1999 drat... That makes me feel old all of the sudden.

...Jesus Christ, has One Piece really been around that long?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
One Piece has been around since 1997!

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Mraagvpeine posted:

One Piece has been around since 1997!

:stare: God this really puts this into perspective, One Piece is almost as old as I am.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Quincytbb posted:

:stare: God this really puts this into perspective, One Piece is almost as old as I am.

:stare: God this really puts this into perspective, Quincytbb is almost as old as my driver's license.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Guts is still on the boat. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Oh wait, I forgot the pilot chapter Romance Dawn came out earlier in 1996.

... I'm not sure I can make you feel any older.