Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Polygon went with a similar title for the same subject, and Pewdiepie sorta called them out on it.

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/561218504654082048

That can't be PDP's twitter. He's not being wacky or zany in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Golden Goat posted:

That can't be PDP's twitter. He's not being wacky or zany in it.

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/299717453779456000

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

Polygon went with a similar title for the same subject, and Pewdiepie sorta called them out on it.

https://twitter.com/pewdiepie/status/561218504654082048

It's good to see PewDiePie taking people to task over ridiculous titles. Hey let's check out a few of his latest videos how about.

MOST F*CKED UP GAME IN THE WORLD
MOST FABULOUS GAME IN THE UNIVERSE!
HOW TO GET SUBS
SCARIEST GAME EVER #4
THE LIGHT PR0N RETURNS!
INDONESIAN HORROR HOTTIES!
PERVERT SIMULATOR 2
THE WORST GAME EVER CREATED.
SCARIEST GAME EVER #5
HOW TO POOP WHILE STANDING.
PENIS FIGHT w/ GIRLFRIEND
LINK, CONFIRMED PEDOPHILE?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Copywriting. Copywriting never changes.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jamesman posted:

It's good to see PewDiePie taking people to task over ridiculous titles. Hey let's check out a few of his latest videos how about.

MOST F*CKED UP GAME IN THE WORLD
MOST FABULOUS GAME IN THE UNIVERSE!
HOW TO GET SUBS
SCARIEST GAME EVER #4
THE LIGHT PR0N RETURNS!
INDONESIAN HORROR HOTTIES!
PERVERT SIMULATOR 2
THE WORST GAME EVER CREATED.
SCARIEST GAME EVER #5
HOW TO POOP WHILE STANDING.
PENIS FIGHT w/ GIRLFRIEND
LINK, CONFIRMED PEDOPHILE?

Haha that's pretty funny, I wonder what he actually titles his...

:dogbutton:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i'm the istockphoto.com

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

36,000,000 subscribers.

He could literally rule a country.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Jamesman posted:

The difference here is that one side of it has no integrity and posts bogus content to drive hits, and the other is PewDiePie.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

At least he doesn't have spoilers of games in the titles or the preview picture like some LPers do. Really dick thing to do.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It's almost funny when someone has a spoiler in their title but decides to put (Spoilers!) at the end, like that's the only thing the person will see.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

hory poo poo

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Crosspeice posted:

36,000,000 subscribers.

He could literally rule a country.

Something makes me think that he would be forcibly removed from office not too long after that happened.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
I can't watch it now, but is the DSP "Look at my skeletons, bitch" video as good as advertised?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

slowbeef posted:

I can't watch it now, but is the DSP "Look at my skeletons, bitch" video as good as advertised?

The what?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

I can't link it on the phone but those search terms should be enough!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOYkP893To

This is pure gold.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Everyone who dislikes me is mentally ill!" Oh DSP :allears:

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
My favorite part of the whole video:

"Of course I'm going to mute my microphone so I could have a serious piece of gameplay to upload." *Proceeds to rant for two minutes.*

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Meh, still think is the best "DSP tries fighting games" video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdbOu40vxY

Although this one also ends with a 1-2 minute explanation that he doesn't suck as much as it looks like he does.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Roman Reigns posted:

Although this one also ends with a 1-2 minute explanation that he doesn't suck as much as it looks like he does.

Of course he doesn't, it's the netcode's fault. Sure it doesn't seem to harm anyone he plays against, but it's definitely the netcode.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I honestly asked the other night in one of beefs streams if DSP had died off and this is what happened next.

Did he get unbanned from Twitch or is he still trying to make the YouTube streaming thing work?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Unfunny Poster posted:

I honestly asked the other night in one of beefs streams if DSP had died off and this is what happened next.

Did he get unbanned from Twitch or is he still trying to make the YouTube streaming thing work?

It appears he's still streaming on YouTube and using IRC as a chatroom.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Danaru posted:

Of course he doesn't, it's the netcode's fault. Sure it doesn't seem to harm anyone he plays against, but it's definitely the netcode.

His controller kept dropping the input.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Better audio for Cerulean86
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2abadvtbgxk

SnakemanMn
Apr 1, 2013

"What is green, slimy, and smells like bacon?"

Unfunny Poster posted:

He's streaming on Youtube with an accompanying IRC chatroom (that is dead to the point where he begs people to say things and they don't because they're too afraid of saying something that isn't brainwashed praise and getting banned for it) and conning people with his endless lying on Patreon to try and sustain his hollow, unfulfilling lifestyle.

On the subject of DSP, I remember reading a comment from one of his brainwashed fanboys regarding why they donate and it was pretty much "I could donate to a charity, or I could donate to DSP." which, while it was meant to defend DSP and his donation shilling, it actually provided an extremely good reason why you shouldn't donate money to DSP.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Donating to Darksyde Phil IS charity. His personality is such that he'd either never be able to hold down a job, or end up as a petty tyrant in a management position.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is he really going into debt now? I've heard that a couple of times, and I really hope his fans can stage some kind of intervention if so because as bad at this stuff as he is I'd hate for him to be in financial ruin.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

slowbeef posted:

I saw a funny DSP video recently where he was playing Sonic 06. After killing a boss, instead of heading down the obvious exit tunnel, he decides the best course of action is to walk over lava. And of course he didn't have any rings, and was on his last life so he died and lost an hour of progress. "Whadda ya mean the lava still kills me? How was I supposed to know that? Bullshit!"
Oh DSP, never change. :allears:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

bobjr posted:

Is he really going into debt now? I've heard that a couple of times, and I really hope his fans can stage some kind of intervention if so because as bad at this stuff as he is I'd hate for him to be in financial ruin.

He might be heading into financial ruin regardless. I mean, what kind of job experience does he have that could entail something to keep him stable? I don't think he's ever worked since he started his lets play career and that was years ago.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobjr posted:

He supposedly moved to a fairly costly private community in Seattle, and got a BMW when he moved out there. I can only imagine how much money he went in debt for that not accounting for his YT income etc.

Roman Reigns posted:

He might be heading into financial ruin regardless. I mean, what kind of job experience does he have that could entail something to keep him stable? I don't think he's ever worked since he started his lets play career and that was years ago.

He could work as a freelance video editor :v:

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

GuavaMoment posted:

I saw a funny DSP video recently where he was playing Sonic 06. After killing a boss, instead of heading down the obvious exit tunnel, he decides the best course of action is to walk over lava. And of course he didn't have any rings, and was on his last life so he died and lost an hour of progress. "Whadda ya mean the lava still kills me? How was I supposed to know that? Bullshit!"

You know, I do want to say one thing: if you're really laughing at Phil because he is bad at video games, you are missing like 90% of what makes it funny

Also that lava totally looked cooled off.

SnakemanMn
Apr 1, 2013

"What is green, slimy, and smells like bacon?"

slowbeef posted:

Also that lava totally looked cooled off.
At the same time, it was Sonic 06. I was even saying "That lava is totally going to kill him even though it looks safe." to myself when watching that part.

Roman Reigns posted:

He might be heading into financial ruin regardless.
I also hope it doesn't come to that. I know he's digging his own hole and most would say that nobody should feel sorry for him for that, but it's pretty much clear at this point that he can't make the rational decisions necessary to stop digging that hole, so I really do feel sorry for him. I'm still holding onto that hope that he'll come to his senses before he runs his life into the ground in a fiery crash, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't, because he's passed up way too many opportunities to turn poo poo around in the past that he completely blew off.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

:stare:

My favorite DSP moment is when he complains about being busted in Grand Theft Auto cause: "A cop runs in from off camera and busts me"

Off camera. Like its some sort of comedic sitcom where character A runs in from off camera for a wacky cameo!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

SnakemanMn posted:

I also hope it doesn't come to that. I know he's digging his own hole and most would say that nobody should feel sorry for him for that, but it's pretty much clear at this point that he can't make the rational decisions necessary to stop digging that hole, so I really do feel sorry for him. I'm still holding onto that hope that he'll come to his senses before he runs his life into the ground in a fiery crash, but I won't be surprised if he doesn't, because he's passed up way too many opportunities to turn poo poo around in the past that he completely blew off.

This is how I feel, I just don't know if he'll be able to process it. Like I think he'd be the person who just leaves bills in the corner unopened and would just rant in a video or something instead of dealing with the problem.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

bobjr posted:

This is how I feel, I just don't know if he'll be able to process it. Like I think he'd be the person who just leaves bills in the corner unopened and would just rant in a video or something instead of dealing with the problem.

Judging by everything he's ever posted, or has been posted here that's exactly what he does.

He doesn't seek to fix problems or get better, merely complain to an audience and monetize the results.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Something interesting that I have picked up talking to some HR people, having "Made youtube videos for a living" for 5+ years on your resume is not a negative it is actually better than having 6 fast food restaurants on the list. It shows that you were brave enough to try to run your own business and were good enough to succeeded for longer than most people starting any business.
The down side in his case is that they will want to see the videos and his temper would raise some red flags.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Superbunnyhop did a video on the weird poo poo going on with Kojima and had some less than flattering info from a source within Konami saying the company was going to burn MGS to the ground. Konami then issued a copyright claim or DMCA that got the video taken down.

Then Youtube had to step in and tell Konami they had to provide specifics, so Konami cited the footage from Metal Gear Rising as the rationale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nwPPYkd8gs

Original video that got taken down by Konami, then re-added by Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
What I really find odd about DSP isn't that he's poo poo with his money, lots of people are poo poo with their money, hell Philip K. Dick was bad with his money and he is one of the greatest Science Fiction writers who ever lived.
It's that he has this weird compulsion to share everything he does with the internet, I mean we have videos of him taking his girlfriend to the zoo for her twenty first birthday, we have videos of his hotel room when he goes on trips, we even have videos of him showing off his new house when he moves he even does unboxing videos, not just of special collectors editions, but of just regular games that don't have special editions. what kind weird form of OCD is there that makes someone thing they have to record every aspect of his life? Seriously I would be suprised if he has hard drive full of videos that he recorded while he was sitting on the toilet. It's just insane.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

David D. Davidson posted:

What I really find odd about DSP isn't that he's poo poo with his money, lots of people are poo poo with their money, hell Philip K. Dick was bad with his money and he is one of the greatest Science Fiction writers who ever lived.
It's that he has this weird compulsion to share everything he does with the internet, I mean we have videos of him taking his girlfriend to the zoo for her twenty first birthday, we have videos of his hotel room when he goes on trips, we even have videos of him showing off his new house when he moves he even does unboxing videos, not just of special collectors editions, but of just regular games that don't have special editions. what kind weird form of OCD is there that makes someone thing they have to record every aspect of his life? Seriously I would be suprised if he has hard drive full of videos that he recorded while he was sitting on the toilet. It's just insane.

More videos, more views, more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Is this the first time Youtube has stood up for a content creator? It sounds too good to be true.

• Locked thread