Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if you fuckers make us move in with the 49ers i swear to god ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
that plan is probably the best i've heard from a financial fairness perspective

edit: i mean for any stadium deal, not just the chargers' various options

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Yeah, the Chargers and NFL have said they'd kick in 250m each.

That's awesome! Good for you guys getting those parasites to pay up (less than loving half :argh:)!

Volkerball posted:

if you fuckers make us move in with the 49ers i swear to god ross

The only way to redeem Candlestitch is to paint it black.

And then burn it down and build a skull palace for the Raiders. The architects responsible for the previous catastrophe can contribute building materials.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
we just want our own skull palace where we can blast dr dre. :sigh:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i would settle for a stadium that doesn't leak sewage tbh

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ostentatious posted:

How's the team gonna get on the field then?:confused:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

They could play in the parking lot. Idgaf about the stadium. Just win.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ross Angeles posted:

So next Wednesday, the CSAG (Citizen Stadium Advisory Group) plans to release their financing plan to both the mayor and the Chargers, a plan they've been working on for the last several months. Bits and pieces of it are starting to leak out:

-The plan is supposedly for a 1.3 Billion dollar facility on the Mission Valley site.
-The Chargers and NFL will each contribute $250 Million (They've both already publicized this)
-Both the city of San Diego and County of San Diego will contribute $120 Million each
-Development of the surrounding area (ala the Petco Park method) will pay for the rest of the stadium as well as pay the city and county back.

If this isn't good enough to get them to stay, they weren't going to stay for anything.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the Raiders need to play on top of an abandoned aircraft carrier

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

Fitting considering the Raiders are also never taking flight again

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Raku posted:

Hey, that's a great idea, build a stadium on top of the Enterprise, they wouldn't have to worry about the electric bill.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Flikken posted:

Hey, that's a great idea, build a stadium on top of the Enterprise, they wouldn't have to worry about the electric bill.

rename it the USS Al Davis and hang skeletons from everything you can

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Raku posted:

rename it the USS Al Davis and hang skeletons from everything you can

King Al's Revenge

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Set it up so that nuclear radiation comes from the engine room into the visiting locker room

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Raku posted:

Set it up so that nuclear radiation comes from the engine room into the visiting locker room

What do you think happened to John Matuszak?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers stadium financing proposal will be officially released at 1pm PST today. Apparently there will be zero taxpayer money used :stare:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

Chargers stadium financing proposal will be officially released at 1pm PST today. Apparently there will be zero taxpayer money used :stare:

This is awesome news. Good luck.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ross Angeles posted:

It will almost certainly be hotel taxes or things like that, which don't hit the San Diego tax payer

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ross Angeles posted:

Whoa, that'd be incredible if it works out. Good luck.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

old dog child posted:

Whoa, that'd be incredible if it works out. Good luck.
It didn't

Financing details, per LA Times

quote:

The plan would include $300 million from the Chargers, $200 million from the NFL, $173 million in construction bonds, $121 million from the city of San Diego and $121 million from San Diego County.

Also, $225 million would come from the sale to a developer of 75 acres at the Mission Valley site, the current home of Qualcomm Stadium. The committee also estimated that more than $100 million could be raised from fans through personal-seat licenses and ticket and parking surcharges.

So between 240 and 410 million in public funds, depending on the what type of bonds the construction bonds are. Maybe even more depending on if the city/county currently owns the Qualcomm land that is going to be sold

EDIT:

quote:

The stadium would be home to the Chargers, the San Diego State Aztecs, the Holiday and Poinsettia Bowls and events including bar mitzvahs, weddings, proms, reunions, corporate gatherings, monster truck jams, music festivals and religious ceremonies, the mayoral committee suggested in its 43-page report.
That would be one hell of a Bar Mitzvah

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 18, 2015

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
monster truck jams

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JRizzle posted:

monster truck jams

They had one at Petco this year, it ruled

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This is the loving best they could do? faaarrrtttttttttttt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

There's a long way to go before we (if we) get official renderings

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
You already have the Mission renderings. Just go with that. Don't change a thing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That Spanish revival stadium is the coolest rendering I've ever seen and I'm legit mad it doesn't exist.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

That Spanish revival stadium is the coolest rendering I've ever seen and I'm legit mad it doesn't exist.

I'd make a yearly hajj to pay tribute at that Mecca of California-ness.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Do they have any pictures of it with the roof closed

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

quote:

The stadium would be home to the Chargers, the San Diego State Aztecs, the Holiday and Poinsettia Bowls and events including bar mitzvahs, weddings, proms, reunions, corporate gatherings, monster truck jams, music festivals and religious ceremonies, the mayoral committee suggested in its 43-page report.

More places should have retractable grass so when it's the off-season you have a giant cement floor indoors to do whatever-- which would make me buy the argument that it would actually be used for such things. Also :lol: at the continued increase in cost of these proposals. University of Phoenix was only ~$450M (~$600M in 2015 dollars)-- but stadiums are now a dick waving contest. UoP isn't the flashiest, but it's got great sightlines, enough restrooms, plenty of vending and it's air conditioned. What else do you need?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Rasczak posted:

Do they have any pictures of it with the roof closed

"The proposed open air stadium would be built in Mission Valley, a community just north of downtown San Diego."

unless I just got whooshed and :thejoke:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Qwijib0 posted:

"The proposed open air stadium would be built in Mission Valley, a community just north of downtown San Diego."

There was a similar stadium proposal for Atlanta (?) where the top contracted like a camera.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

But what do they do if weather happens? Or if it gets above 80 degrees

E: or below 70 degrees

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rasczak posted:

But what do they do if weather happens? Or if it gets above 80 degrees

Then they dominate the Seahawks and Seattle fans bitch about how it was unfair

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Chinatown posted:

This is the loving best they could do? faaarrrtttttttttttt

This looks pretty boring, so it's going to be exactly how it is.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

This looks pretty boring, so it's going to be exactly how it is.

I'll take The Oyster over Qualcomm any day.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

@nathanfenno
Just in: The #Chargers and #Raiders closed Tuesday morning on the land deal to build a stadium in Carson.
Specifics: 11 acres go to Carson Holdings; 157 acres transferred to JPA controlled by City of Carson.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The 157 acres are also a toxic landfill that nothing can be built on.

Carson isn't real.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

computer parts posted:

There was a similar stadium proposal for Atlanta (?) where the top contracted like a camera.

It doesn't retract like a camera, it puckers like an anus.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ozu posted:

lol

@nathanfenno
Just in: The #Chargers and #Raiders closed Tuesday morning on the land deal to build a stadium in Carson.
Specifics: 11 acres go to Carson Holdings; 157 acres transferred to JPA controlled by City of Carson.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/stadium-662313-land-carson.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So uhh, what does that mean for the Mission Valley site?

• Locked thread