Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

To be fair, aside from the length of the stage he shouldn't have any real problems since its pretty flat.

I imagine Astana will attack until he climbs off though.

There are no major climbs yeah, but I am fairly sure that Astana and Sky will drill it up the two lumps at the end of the stage just to see if Bertie can handle the heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
That arm break.

Im sitting here looking at him on the ground and the initial angle just couldnt be computed by my brain.

Oh, hes just propped up on his elbow, might be winded. But something doesnt look right. Why is his right elbow on his left arm because it cant work any other way unl... :stonk:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Tyler Hamilton managed to ride for two weeks on the Tour with a broken collarbone (and tonnes of EPO), I'm sure Contador will be fine.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Contador has :siren:started:siren: the stage. According to journalists hes running much lower tyre pressures and looks in a lot of pain.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Long ways to go today and tomorrow and Sunday are even worse.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
He needs to Magni up imo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Long ways to go today and tomorrow and Sunday are even worse.

Saturday is a summit finish. If his arms playing up he could lose time.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I highly doubt he keeps the jersey with that injury. Pain like that distracts. Better yet, if he can't rest it he'll suffer from it for all three weeks.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Contador playing possum again IMO.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Is there anywhere to watch Giro coverage online? I don't really need live coverage but a ~25m recap of each day would be awesome.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Russian Bear posted:

Tramadol

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Is there anywhere to watch Giro coverage online? I don't really need live coverage but a ~25m recap of each day would be awesome.

steephill.tv is a good place to watch the stage as it happens. After the stage is over you can generally catch a last km video and last 10km video, along with other highlights.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Xir posted:

Contador was taken off for x-rays. Couldn't put on the pink jersey and his left arm just hung loosely at his side.

I just wanted to thank you profusely for getting this screengrab. It's beautiful beyond measure.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I wish I could take the credit for it, but steephill are to thank for it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Theres been some quality pictures in the last few races.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

OMGVBFLOL posted:

:( not with CyclingHub's latest YT account getting banned again.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its £3 a month for eurosports online coverage which is frankly brilliant value for their cycling.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Its £3 a month for eurosports online coverage which is frankly brilliant value for their cycling.

My US cable package has BeIN Sports, which is fine unless the recording runs long. My Giro coverage today stopped 8k from the finish, I had to go try looking for an upload.
I took a look on EuroSports' website -- how do I sign up for that?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

I paid for Eurosport player and it never worked and Eurosport refused to acknowledge an issue but were happy to keep taking the money!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

kimbo305 posted:

:( not with CyclingHub's latest YT account getting banned again.

Not sure if anyone has picked up the role yet but I usually just search something like "giro stage 6" and then limit the search to today and over 20 minutes. Usually get a hit starting an hour or so after the stage finished but sometimes longer. Worst part is there is no guarantee it is in a language you understand!

Cycling fans is solid for live coverage.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I paid for Eurosport player and it never worked and Eurosport refused to acknowledge an issue but were happy to keep taking the money!

Well thats a bit awful for you since mine works fine!

kimbo305 posted:

My US cable package has BeIN Sports, which is fine unless the recording runs long. My Giro coverage today stopped 8k from the finish, I had to go try looking for an upload.
I took a look on EuroSports' website -- how do I sign up for that?

http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/

Make sure that will work in whatever country you're in before you sign up. It should do, but a quick google of 'Will eurosport player work in x' will answer it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9vGLPyVYY

really good quality

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Kinda sucks that my best cycling names, Inexhausti and Bongiorno bottled it so quickly.

Good to see Bert hanging tough and/or playing possum.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I always find it weird that theres no spectators at the tour of california. Considering its supposedly the biggest race in the US after all.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Californians spend all of their free time foraging for water these days.

All races should have this live stream/ticker/data setup.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Maybe they are annoyed with the incessant beeping on the camera bikes. I know I am.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I'm not sure biggest race in the US means that much compared to followings in Europe.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Peter Sagan climbing better than Robert Gesink. smh

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sagans missed out on holding the jersey by 2 seconds. Time bonus for the sprints tomorrow and will win if he finishes 3rd or higher.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Ohhhhhh my god, Alaphilippe!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sagan spewing his guts up everywhere. Thats some effort.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

I always find it weird that theres no spectators at the tour of california. Considering its supposedly the biggest race in the US after all.

Its a loving horrible race that gets worse every year, the route depends on which towns they can con into paying them to host finishes, instead of what would make for good scenery and racing. It needs to die.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
I was at the ToC stage today. KOM #1 was really crowded. #2 less so but I think most people went to the finish at Baldy instead. I heard it was real crowded up there

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah people do pack the climbs, there should be more of them. Cav winning like 4 stages is a joke. Imagine a nice punchy finish up Mt Soledad.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

African AIDS cum posted:

Imagine a nice punchy finish up Mt Soledad.

Trust me I have. Cant figure out where to park the team busses at all the stages I have dreamed up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think they could pull it off, In a lot of tour mountaintop finishes the riders have to ride back down after the stage to the hotel or team bus

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

African AIDS cum posted:

Its a loving horrible race that gets worse every year, the route depends on which towns they can con into paying them to host finishes, instead of what would make for good scenery and racing. It needs to die.

No, it needs to improve.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

His rocking motion when out of the saddle seemed stiffer on the left side, but not in enough of a detrimental way, apparently.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They've neutralised one of the descents today since the lovely road surface caused a motorbike to crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Enjoyed that. 3 astana in the top 5 now, they dont give a gently caress