Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Kimmalah posted:

I'll be honest, my brother kind of set it up for me when I wanted to get more into modding some of my games so I don't know a whole lot about specifics. Like I said though it ran Witcher 2 and pretty much every other recent game just fine on high settings so I was wondering if this is such a drastic change that it can't handle it. But I realize that's kind of vague so if that's impossible to really say, it's fine. I'm not going to be in line on release day or anything.

I'm mostly hoping I can run it so I can wait on the consoles a little longer and not have to drop $450-something or other on this. :v:

You will be fine :) If anything the recommended specs at this point is ludicrious given what they cut from the graphical options. Unless they just have very piss poor optimization on the PC platform which is yet to be seen because no one was given a review copy of the PC version. It has all been PS4 only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Utnayan posted:

Are you serious right now? I do not care about 60 FPS as much as I care about fidelity and effects at 45 FPS. I would run this at 30 FPS if it meant I had the graphic fidelity of what was already played in 2013.

Nothing was played in 2013. An out-of-context clip was played in a marketing trailer. There was no physical play going on, no game systems working in the background. You might say it was

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E

He then goes on to say, as he jitters like nuts because he knows he shouldn't be talking about it (and says, hey guys, grass shouldn't be sharp that was a detriment)

I actually finally bothered to watch this video and its kind of amazing that at the very start, the interviewer (fresh from having played the PC version and recording a video of it) says the game looks amazing. This is your smoking gun! Your conclusive proof! And in its opening moments, it flat out disagrees with you! The artist then begins to explain what happened between 2013 and now, the same thing that Comte explained in the last thread and multiple people have tried to explain to you in this thread. I also enjoy that you seem to interpret someone who doesn't speak English as their first language and isn't a polished PR person as being "jittery" when he is attempting to simplify technical concepts down for the layman.

quote:

Yes, had I known, I would have gotten this on PS4. It's the same drat game on both platforms, I gain nothing from buying on PC. My complaint is laziness! I do not want to hook up my PC to my theater and hook up audio for a better visual experience on my PC if I am not getting it. Why would I??? As I said I am not saying the game sucks, I cant wait to play it. My beef is with why they held back information on the PC version. Just loving admit they hosed up and move on already. Holy poo poo.

I'm sorry but this is absurd. The PC can run this game at 4k and at 60 FPS. The PS4 cannot. If they are identical in all other graphical effects (as you claim) the PC will still remain the superior graphics platform for those reasons alone. As you are clearly a graphic aficionado, I am certain you have a rig capable of running it at very high levels. Resolution and framerate are no small graphical effects, far more significant than mere particle effects or high degrees of anti-aliasing and would absolutely be worth the "effort" to get your rig set up in the fashion you seem to want it set up. Yet you seem to be willing to get it on PS4 and play the visually same game at a worse framerate and lower resolution. You are a confusing individual, sir/madam.

quote:

Unless they just have very piss poor optimization on the PC platform which is yet to be seen because no one was given a review copy of the PC version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0gJ8DpUd0

You are still refusing to address that this video exists. Why is that Utnayan?

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Utnayan posted:

Stairs. You fucks aren't protected anymore.
This is loving cold

(Hail CDPR)

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hot drat, Utnayan has about a ninth of this thread's posts. That's impressive. Game's gon be good.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mr E posted:

Hot drat, Utnayan has about a ninth of this thread's posts. That's impressive. Game's gon be good.

Of course They are, they are the sort of person to get seriously into post processing.

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010

Roshnak posted:

So, is there any reason to buy this on GOG instead of Steam? Because Steam is giving me a bigger discount.

Supporting the developers completely instead of giving a fraction of the money to Gabe I guess. Also I think the GOG edition may have some more goodies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sorry that Witcher 3 isn't for you, Utnayan. Hope you can find another game that you'll enjoy.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
1stGear,

That dude does not deserve your posting. Please stop. For my sake, your sake, and the thread's sake.

Also, the children.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Archimago posted:

1stGear,

That dude does not deserve your posting. Please stop. For my sake, your sake, and the thread's sake.

Also, the children.

Its bedtime anyway.

Good night, Utnayan! I hope you have a reasoned and effective response when I wake up that doesn't call me a CDPR shill or anything!

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Tony_Montana posted:

Supporting the developers completely instead of giving a fraction of the money to Gabe I guess. Also I think the GOG edition may have some more goodies.

Plus GMG has a 27% off promo going on right now : http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Alternatively, you could use a proxy on GoG to get it for like $16 I hear, but I can't vouch for it personally as the only stuff I've proxy bought was GTA5 from nuuvem or PVZGW from Origin.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Mr E posted:

I appreciate his answer to my question, but he even managed to incorporate a dig at the downgrade in it too. That's pretty impressive. :tipshat:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Archimago posted:

1stGear,

Also, the children.

If Orv were a better OP he'd have this poo poo on lock. Impeach Orv.

Orv must go. I heard Orv killed a dude one time. That's not the kind of OP I want playing the same videogame my kids I don't have might play.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

1stGear posted:

Nothing was played in 2013. An out-of-context clip was played in a marketing trailer. There was no physical play going on, no game systems working in the background. You might say it was[/quoted]

Oh really???? I guess a developer said otherwise.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

Read the first paragraph you dolt.

I actually finally bothered to watch this video and its kind of amazing that at the very start, the interviewer (fresh from having played the PC version and recording a video of it) says the game looks amazing. This is your smoking gun! Your conclusive proof!

Yes. Are you working for the team at this point? Because in that same link above, what was said was you people have a hard timer admitting the fact that you had to cut it down to the least common denominator. Should I quote that for you or can you click the link and read it?

quote:

The PC can run this game at 4k and at 60 FPS. The PS4 cannot.

So wait. Are you saying that since Ambient occlusion, tesselation on all object and water reflection, flexible water simulation, real time reflections, and more importantly, forward lit particles, is now corrected because that is all gone but you can run what is left in 4k???? How stupid do you think these people are????

Those features that were listed made this game loving glorious on PC. Now if you want to say they didn't want to piss of Sony or Microsoft with how far PC hardware has come to support everything I mentioned, and easily designed for, go nuts! At least your honest!

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 16, 2015

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007
So I watched the first couple minutes of that video and it turns out they were talking about a toning down a sharpen filter on the grass.

Here you go Utnayan, I fixed it for you:

I got a little overzealous and sharpened Geralt and a deer and everything else, but I didn't want to downgrade it so I left it as is.

Roshnak fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 16, 2015

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Roshnak posted:

So I watched the first couple minutes of that video and it turns out they were talking about a toning down sharpen filter on the grass.

Holy poo poo I finally understand.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maybe you can get a refund for the game, Utnayan. Go see about that right now before its too late.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I beat Witcher 2 again, but it was my first time doing a roche run. It was fun. The graphics were pretty. I am excited for Witcher 3 now.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Roshnak posted:

So I watched the first couple minutes of that video and it turns out they were talking about a toning down sharpen filter on the grass.

I got a little overzealous and sharpened Geralt and a deer and everything else, but I didn't want to downgrade it so I left it as is.

Needs more artifacts to give it that old-timey gritty medieval feel.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lord Lambeth posted:

I beat Witcher 2 again, but it was my first time doing a roche run. It was fun. The graphics were pretty. I am excited for Witcher 3 now.
I did Roche first and though after doing the other path I can see that's the "good" one, but Roche was definitely more fun and I'll be using that as the basis for 3.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I did Roche first and though after doing the other path I can see that's the "good" one, but Roche was definitely more fun and I'll be using that as the basis for 3.

Roche is definitely kind of a dick, but holy poo poo I would take his side over trying to navigate Vergen or do that stealth mission. But on the other hand Iorveth's path had the funniest sex opportunities so what can you do?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Maybe you can get a refund for the game, Utnayan. Go see about that right now before its too late.

Maybe one day you will understand that there are people in this industry fighting for the consumer, but hamstrung. Without egos, who will make gaming better without the bullshit that happened with this title and the misleading marketing that happened with the PC version.

Let me note: This is BEYOND the developer and the good people (250) that work for the company so while some of you work there and post here relax, this is not about you.

But Christ, quit defending it because the same developers you think you are protecting are just as pissed about this as I am and as you are, but failing to acknowledge it.

Talk about the game. But also talk about how this was a gently caress up. And no, it was NOT the fault of the people that work there on this game and post here under handles. They are just as pissed as I am.

Enough said. The game rocks. But Acknowledge the bullshit when it comes to least common denomination development because if it effects this company as much as it has, kiss advancement goodbye and you can see low cost development for the rest of your lives,.

And those that work in the industry, your job goes bye bye, Because why will they pay your salary when they can sucker some college drag for 30k a year.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno I enjoyed Ioverth's path a lot more. Roche's path felt a heck of a lot more cynical and I found myself hating the people I had to work with a lot of the time. Whereas Ioverth side had Saskia, who's just so darn idealistic. Also Ioverth's path has the Sackful of Fluff quest.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Utnayan posted:

Maybe one day you will understand that there are people in this industry fighting for the consumer, but hamstrung. Without egos, who will make gaming better without the bullshit that happened with this title and the misleading marketing that happened with the PC version.

Let me note: This is BEYOND the developer and the good people (250) that work for the company so while some of you work there and post here relax, this is not about you.

But Christ, quit defending it because the same developers you think you are protecting are just as pissed about this as I am and as you are, but failing to acknowledge it.

Talk about the game. But also talk about how this was a gently caress up. And no, it was NOT the fault of the people that work there on this game and post here under handles. They are just as pissed as I am.

Enough said. The game rocks. But Acknowledge the bullshit when it comes to least common denomination development because if it effects this company as much as it has, kiss advancement goodbye and you can see low cost development for the rest of your lives,.

And those that work in the industry, your job goes bye bye, Because why will they pay your salary when they can sucker some college drag for 30k a year.

Dude. You need a break from the internet.

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010

Heh, maybe the vodyanoi will be in this game, they make more sense in this setting that in lake Vizima.

Still, Geralt in the first game has a very badass speech, starting at about 2:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFZ9vNFByA

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

Utnayan posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I put a lot of work into adding back in that sharpen filter that you complained about for 6 pages, and the fact that you didn't even acknowledge it kind of hurts my feelings.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Maybe I was too subtle, but it was a polite way to say shut the gently caress up.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Norns posted:

Dude. You need a break from the internet.

Truth hurts I guess.

This line says it best. "The team would rather focus on the positive than admit to any faults"

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

I think most in the game industry need a break from their egos.

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

Tony_Montana posted:

Heh, maybe the vodyanoi will be in this game, they make more sense in this setting that in lake Vizima.

Still, Geralt in the first game has a very badass speech, starting at about 2:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFZ9vNFByA

I don't understand why he is going to leave the people who can climb trees alone.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Truly What If, Gaming?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Utnayan posted:

Truth hurts I guess.

This line says it best. "The team would rather focus on the positive than admit to any faults"

You have serious psychology issues. Stop.

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010

Roshnak posted:

I don't understand why he is going to leave the people who can climb trees alone.

Because he didn't have a crosbow in the first game.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

But Acknowledge the bullshit when it comes to least common denomination development because if it effects this company as much as it has, kiss advancement goodbye and you can see low cost development for the rest of your lives

gently caress poverty, global warming, war and famine. The real big issue is the lack of progress in PC vidyagaming.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Lord Lambeth posted:

I dunno I enjoyed Ioverth's path a lot more. Roche's path felt a heck of a lot more cynical and I found myself hating the people I had to work with a lot of the time. Whereas Ioverth side had Saskia, who's just so darn idealistic. Also Ioverth's path has the Sackful of Fluff quest.

Both paths have the Sackful of Fluff quest, it's just with Roche you can only do it at a particular point in the storyline when you cross the mist. And with Roche you have that weird spot by the Visionary's hut where harpies just infinitely respawn every few minutes for easy feather gathering.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is about ethics in video game graphics. #witcher3gate

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Roshnak posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I put a lot of work into adding back in that sharpen filter that you complained about for 6 pages, and the fact that you didn't even acknowledge it kind of hurts my feelings.

#Justice4Roshnak

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Utnayan posted:

Truth hurts I guess.

You sound like a fat guy who despises showers.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

I said come in! posted:

This is about ethics in video game graphics. #witcher3gate

Really, won't someone ever think of the poor PC gamers? You can't look down on console babbies if they're all the same graphically. :qq:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Kimmalah posted:

Really, won't someone ever think of the poor PC gamers? You can't look down on console babbies if they're all the same graphically. :qq:

Those poor PC gamers as they feed you with money yet cannot have a say in honest marketing of a product.

What heathens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Karrahad posted:

gently caress poverty, global warming, war and famine. The real big issue is the lack of progress in PC vidyagaming.

I dunno man you tell me, because the only thing you have posted in lately in the last year has been about those video games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1431759368&page=1

Actually, make that your entire posting history since you have been here in 3-4 years.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 16, 2015