Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

I do not understand

Utnayan posted:

This is you. Yet in your entire posting history here all you have ever posted about is video games. If you care so much about those issues, why have you never posted about them before?

If I was posting about those topics in SA, I wouldn't be making GBS threads all over the threads. But this is you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.
Hey guys who's looking forward to cutting some monsters the gently caress up? I know I am. (Also Geralt's dulcet tones, I love that voice actor.)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Karrahad posted:

If I was posting about those topics in SA, I wouldn't be making GBS threads all over the threads.

If only I had ten such posters as you, I could change the face of GBS for the better

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Utnayan posted:

Actually, SA busted Sony.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2006/dec/11/newsonyviral

But.... the plot does thicken.....

Remember, this doesn't exist.... So... We busted culprits before.... so who are the culprits now? And can we bust those within our own forums?

I think there is a rinse and repeat that may happen.

I am sorry folks but we busted viral marketers trying to promote product before. I guarantee you it is happening here. In this very thread.

Loon? For sure. That's the first point of deflection, But I remember a time when our users were against viral marketing. But yet now, with proof it happens, why are we now all of a suddenly against it?

I am not even against promoting this title. I am against the PC marketing mishap that a few have tried to deflect. I think it is time we take back these forums.

The Angieslist of video games. No more viral crap goes on here. Hell, I'll give Rich 50k out of my own pocket. We will have one place whwre people can go and get the truth about the industry, games, and lock out scumbag amazon reviewers without verified purchases.

This thread showed me the same familiar usernames. The same familiar comebacks.

From TESO, SWTOR, from when I bashed Kinect originally, from calling out the BS in industry marketing.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 16, 2015

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

I am sorry folks but we busted viral marketers trying to promote product before. I guarantee you it is happening here. In this very thread.

Loon? For sure. That's the first point of deflection, But I remember a time when our users were against viral marketing. But yet now, with proof it happens, why are we now all of a sudden against it?

I thought you were going to bed

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

That was our most fervent wish.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

GatewayOfLastResort posted:

Hey guys who's looking forward to cutting some monsters the gently caress up? I know I am. (Also Geralt's dulcet tones, I love that voice actor.)

Same for both. I'm also looking forward to hours and hours of a third-person view of Geralt. :mrgw:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish I was paid for not being idiot.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Who is John Geralt?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

It's a bit hard for me to tell in the trailers, but is the VA for Vesimir the same from W1? Because I thought he had the best voice in the game, and I want to hear more.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

Loon? For sure. That's the first point of deflection, But I remember a time when our users were against viral marketing. But yet now, with proof it happens, why are we now all of a suddenly against it?

I am not even against promoting this title. I am against the PC marketing mishap that a few have tried to deflect. I think it is time we take back these forums.

The Angieslist of video games. No more viral crap goes on here. Hell, I'll give Rich 50k out of my own pocket. We will have one place whwre people can go and get the truth about the industry, games, and lock out scumbag amazon reviewers without verified purchases.

This thread showed me the same familiar usernames. The same familiar comebacks.

From TESO, SWTOR, from when I bashed Kinect originally, from calling out the BS in industry marketing.

also you can respond to me in this thread instead of PMing me like some kind of lameass weirdo

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How short is Chapter 3 of the Witcher 2? The city seems quite small compared to the previous chapters and there don't seem to be many side-quests either. Though this isn't a bad thing as I wanted to complete it by Tuesday.

Also geez the game really just throws the best armor and weapons at you in this chapter huh.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Chapter 3 is the shortest. You can easily nail it in a couple of hours.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

So are CDPR shills more vulnerable to silver or steel swords?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Utnayan is a cautionary tale about people who identify as "gamers." Please don't use a hobby as a defining trait, otherwise you come across as unhinged and obsessive.

That being said, I hope the Witcher 3 is good and I'm looking forward to playing it.

CD Projekt RED please send your shill money to me, Stick Stickly, P.O. Box 963, New York City, New York State, 10108

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

This forum could be the vanguard of a new age of gaming. A paradise where gamers can come, sit, discuss gaming without the taint of marketers, shills, PR execs... A place where ethics in forums posting is a reality, not a dream.

Join me, and we will usher in the future. Together.

But we must start by purging those who are not commited to our cause - those traitorous, amoral "posters" that infest every thread with their trolling and their vile deflections. See how they call me insane? How they all jump on me like starving jackals? These are our enemies.

I have PMed the admins a list of names. We will see if their mods are paid or not.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Vanderdeath posted:

Utnayan is a cautionary tale about people who identify as "gamers." Please don't use a hobby as a defining trait, otherwise you come across as unhinged and obsessive.

No kidding, I made a few posts in here and the dude sent me like 6 PMs about a bunch of poo poo I have no idea what he's talking about.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
My unprofessional opinion: :gas:

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?

gnarlyhotep posted:

No kidding, I made a few posts in here and the dude sent me like 6 PMs about a bunch of poo poo I have no idea what he's talking about.

Gonna post them by any chance? :allears:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Zeratanis posted:

Gonna post them by any chance? :allears:

Please

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

gnarlyhotep posted:

also you can respond to me in this thread instead of PMing me like some kind of lameass weirdo

For sure!

I think it is time I talk to Rich about this site becoming a true gamer site without the viral marketing.

Gamers are looking for a site where they can go and get unbiased truth without the shout downs, massive posts to displace real concern for readers..... The anti shill site.

And I think that this forum will be the best for it.

Revenue will triple. And no longer will Vanilla Gorilla, Poptart Fairy, or some of the other culprits be left to stay and disperse and dissuade.

I mean poo poo, it was a running tally that box revenue would increase at least 1k boxes with that Starfleet dental group from the MMORPG forum. I know of 3 marketing departments (EA, SOE, Funcom) where they actually paid for that poo poo.

The grass is greener on the other side. Probably time to make that happen.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

RatHat posted:

How short is Chapter 3 of the Witcher 2? The city seems quite small compared to the previous chapters and there don't seem to be many side-quests either. Though this isn't a bad thing as I wanted to complete it by Tuesday.

Also geez the game really just throws the best armor and weapons at you in this chapter huh.

It's pretty short unless you're intent on doing all the different possible paths, which could add up. There's also a neat optional quest that lets you respec if that's something you want to do.

Symetrique posted:

So are CDPR shills more vulnerable to silver or steel swords?

Whatever metal Polish coins are made of or maybe a sword made of sliced up credit cards.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

RatHat posted:

Very short if you just follow the main story. A fair amount of - completely optional - content was added for the Enhanced Edition.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

I think it is time I talk to Rich about this site becoming a true gamer site without the viral marketing.

Yes I have no doubt in my mind that this is the thing Lowtax wants to concentrate on at this point in his life. Are you 12 or just retarded?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress all these false gamer sites.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

Yes I have no doubt in my mind that this is the thing Lowtax wants to concentrate on at this point in his life. Are you 12 or just retarded?

Well, you brought it up that we discuss this outside of PM's. I was just talking about how this site could generate more revenue.

I guarantee you with this base, we get rid of the shills, send the rest of "Starfleet Dental" packing, quit being an advertising site for publishers and shouting down huge mistakes where the consumer gets hosed.... I can only guess at this point that there are a lot of people sick of it, and would rather come here to hear the truth rather than anywhere else where they knew an outburst didn't happen. I mean, just a suggestion. But you wanted to bring it out here so I guess I will publically ask?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Oh, 10 pages of posts, a new trailer? Maybe a cool stream?
:reads:
:psyboom:
The other thread is better.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

Well, you brought it up that we discuss this outside of PM's. I was just talking about how this site could generate more revenue.

I guarantee you with this base, we get rid of the shills, send the rest of "Starfleet Dental" packing, quit being an advertising site for publishers and shouting down huge mistakes where the consumer gets hosed.... I can only guess at this point that there are a lot of people sick of it, and would rather come here to hear the truth rather than anywhere else where they knew an outburst didn't happen. I mean, just a suggestion. But you wanted to bring it out here so I guess I will publically ask?

answer my question first

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Starfleet Dental trolled utnayan so hard he lost his mind.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Utnayan posted:

I think it is time we take back these forums.

Riso posted:

My unprofessional opinion: :gas:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

answer my question first

Well I am not 12. I am not retarded. So I guess that makes me the internet messiah?

Your turn. Do you want the world to know SA is the bastion of what it fought to protect?

Or, do we continue to play this game of posters here who work for the companies they promote creating those great OP's of fantastic information about how to buy a glorious game.

Just curious of course.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
The hype train is real. For the game? No, for this thread. Amazing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"This 16 year old comedy website full of idiots is the ideal place for the gamer revolution" - a sane individual.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
Friendly reminder to anyone thinking of purchasing the game to use my coupon code for $5 off on Steam, GMG, GOG, and all other major retailers: 1MG4Y

It expires midnight tonight so get it fast! Remember, this only works for the PC version.

Archimago fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 16, 2015

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

Well I am not 12. I am not retarded. So I guess that makes me the internet messiah?

Your turn. Do you want the world to know SA is the bastion of what it fought to protect?

Or, do we continue to play this game of posters here who work for the companies they promote creating those great OP's of fantastic information about how to buy a glorious game.

Just curious of course.

lmao you are really serious about this, holy poo poo

megalodong posted:

Starfleet Dental trolled utnayan so hard he lost his mind.

I think you may be right.

Utnayan let me start by saying that I give less than no fucks about gamers and gaming, and I PLAY games myself. It is beyond me how anyone could be this invested in any industry which does not directly contribute to their livelihood.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Pwnstar posted:

"This 16 year old comedy website full of idiots is the ideal place for the gamer revolution" - a sane individual.

To be fair he's up against people who have been bitching at him for 9 pages to stop talking about the subject.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

gnarlyhotep posted:

Utnayan let me start by saying that I give less than no fucks about gamers and gaming, and I PLAY games myself. It is beyond me how anyone could be this invested in any industry which does not directly contribute to their livelihood.

Maybe he is, though. Maybe he's the shill the whole time.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Hey Utnayan, I have a 780TI and a 4K monitor and I'm going to buy and play this on PS4 and not PC. Hope this helps you understand that nobody gives a poo poo

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

hopterque posted:

Maybe he is, though. Maybe he's the shill the whole time.

drat, that would explain a lot. It would also make me less worried about his sanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It makes perfect sense. He's hired to generate controversy, which keeps the game and its name constantly on page 1.

:tinfoil: