Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Games are cool. I am going to play this game soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elukka posted:

It makes perfect sense. He's hired to generate controversy, which keeps the game and its name constantly on page 1.

:tinfoil:

This idea is like actually less crazy than his crazy ideas that everyone arguing with him is a shill. Considering everyone in the thread is arguing with him, that would make us all shills, so who would we even be marketing the game towards. 'Greetings fellow employees of CDPR, let's all talk about how good and not flawed at all the game we're all buying anyway is.'

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

RatHat posted:

How short is Chapter 3 of the Witcher 2? The city seems quite small compared to the previous chapters and there don't seem to be many side-quests either. Though this isn't a bad thing as I wanted to complete it by Tuesday.

Just got there myself and... harpies. More harpies. Jesus, enough with the harpies.

I killed your queen you dumb fucks. Go away.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

gnarlyhotep posted:

lmao you are really serious about this, holy poo poo

I think you may be right.

Utnayan let me start by saying that I give less than no fucks about gamers and gaming, and I PLAY games myself. It is beyond me how anyone could be this invested in any industry which does not directly contribute to their livelihood.

Well, I'll say this.

If effects me when I see people posting on the internet promoting or defending unethical business practices. Doesn't contribute to your livelihood or theirs?

How about a little kid with leukemia that just spent their 40 out of 100 on a video game they saw on TV that looked awesome but was nothing like what was advertised.

Ever dealt with that? How about we start there, and all the other fucks in this thread that workBy the way, for their organizations can start to chime in on defending it as they viral their two week launch window.

By the way, there is a great story behind this. And I think even the notorious viral marketers here can benefit from it. And find new jobs.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 16, 2015

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Utnayan posted:

Well, I'll say this.

If effects me when I see people posting on the internet promoting or defending unethical business practices. Doesn't contribute to your livelihood or theirs?

How about a little kid with leukemia that just spent their 40 out of 100 on a video game they saw on TV that looked awesome but was nothing like what was advertised.

Ever dealt with that? How about we start there, and all the other fucks in this thread that work for their organizations can start to chime in on defending it as they viral their two week launch window.

We see through your lies now, you vile shill. It's plain to see that you work for some marketing agency, generating controversy and making this the most interesting (hilarious) thread in games right now.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I'm not sure equating the disappointment of receiving a video game with slightly less deep shadows and leukemia is going to be very effective. One just seems a bit worse than the other.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

Well, I'll say this.

Ever dealt with that? How about we start there, and all the other fucks in this thread that work for their organizations can start to chime in on defending it as they viral their two week launch window.

Do you know what the phrase "straw man" means in debate terms?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Murodese posted:

I'm not sure equating the disappointment of receiving a video game with slightly less deep shadows and leukemia is going to be very effective. One just seems a bit worse than the other.

Listen dying of cancer isn't poo poo compared to videogame graphics not being quite as good as expected.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

I got told I have stage 4 lung cancer today, but then I picked up Witcher 3 and jesus man... the bump mapping's not even properly parallaxed... gently caress...

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I reckon he's probs a shill for Bioware

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

gnarlyhotep posted:

Do you know what the phrase "straw man" means in debate terms?

I'll finish the story.

This kid went to SA because of this.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473379

A part of that funding went to that kid.

Straw man my rear end you gently caress. Want to hear the rest of the story?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Murodese posted:

I got told I have stage 4 lung cancer today, but then I picked up Witcher 3 and jesus man... the bump mapping's not even properly parallaxed... gently caress...

lol

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

wow that "mod respect" went out the window pretty quick

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Murodese posted:

I will petition the devs.. to readd volumetric shadows in your honour

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Utnayan posted:

I'll finish the story.

This kid went to SA because of this.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473379

A part of that funding went to that kid.

Ah yes, the general kickstarter thread, haven for children dying of cancer.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

tithin posted:

I reckon he's probs a shill for Bioware

Or maybe even Bethesda...

:tinfoil:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

We're afraid little Jimmy with cancer was never the same after he saw the grass wasn't as sharp...

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

megalodong posted:

We're afraid little Jimmy with cancer was never the same after he saw the grass wasn't as sharp...

"If only the draw distance was further out...." were his last words

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

gnarlyhotep posted:

"If only the draw distance was further out...." were his last words

Cdprojekt lied, totally real and not invented straw man Cancer Child died or something it's all a little vague at this point.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"Is your son a fighter?"
"He was doctor. Until he saw those pixel shaders..."

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Pwnstar posted:

"Is your son a fighter?"

ahahaha

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pwnstar posted:

"Is your son a fighter?"

:golfclap:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Parallax mapping was the last thing he could take joy in, and when he saw those screenshots, he just... he just gave up. I like to think he's ascended to the pc master race of heaven.

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Charlie Mopps posted:

Games are cool. I am going to play this game soon.

Nice try viral marketing shill, but you can't trick a gamer like me

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
That kid took some of his money and bought a game called Alien Colonial marines.

Why?

Because I was sitting there watching that movie with him and he loved the thing. His favorite part was when they set up the automatic machine guns and they went off and he knew when the guns were going off by looking at the counter tick down.

Aliens obviously.

He spent the money he got from this very site to buy that game. It was a horrid broken mess as we all know. And he wanted to buy it and I insisted that I do it for him and he insisted no, he was going to buy it because there were great internet people that helped him and it he wanted to let them know he had fun and spent that 40 bucks wisely so I made him a steam account, he downloaded it, and I bought him a nice gaming laopop to play it on since he was in his bed.

The game crashed constantly. Completely bug ridden as I found out later, and then knowing later through my contacts that the company... gently caress it.

This kid looks up to me and says, "This game doesn't work that well......" I tried to fix the computer, over and over, I gave him 5 laptops, nothing changed it. He said, "The movie was better I think".... And All I could think of, was that gently caress, ********* covering his rear end while he was being sued by ******** for 3rd party, yes.... what a mother loving bastard.

But those ads were awesome. You looked at the screen on the TV and you can sucker those casuals into buying your product or those moms and dads without thinking twice.

9 weeks later, that kid died.

You can see from why I am so adamant about being ethical when it comes to these games? Honeslty, no internet poo poo, have you ever had to explain to a kid that had some funds to spend to help him out and make him smile, and loved a game that oh well, "Those publishers suck I guess, lets go call it a life!"

Yeah some may think I am nuts. How about owning up to your product and not being an unethical gently caress. Has that ever once entered some minds.

Witcher 3 will be fine. What got me was the usual defense of obvious bullshit deflection.

Let me clue you in developers. We don't owe you poo poo. We bought your product, and sometimes off false promises and unfinished product. The hell you loving say we are entitled for feeding YOUR family. Get off your loving high horses and realize that false advertising is bullshit, and all your viral garbage will not make a few decent people go away.

Doesn't matter to you. You made your cash.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Utnayan posted:

That kid took some of his money and bought a game called Alien Colonial marines.

Why?

Because I was sitting there watching that movie with him and he loved the thing. His favorite part was when they set up the automatic machine guns and they went off and he knew when the guns were going off by looking at the counter tick down.

Aliens obviously.

He spent the money he got from this very site to buy that game. It was a horrid broken mess as we all know. And he wanted to buy it and I insisted that I do it for him and he insisted no, he was going to buy it because there were great internet people that helped him and it he wanted to let them know he had fun and spent that 40 bucks wisely so I made him a steam account, he downloaded it, and I bought him a nice gaming laopop to play it on since he was in his bed.

The game crashed constantly. Completely bug ridden as I found out later, and then knowing later through my contacts that the company... gently caress it.

This kid looks up to me and says, "This game doesn't work that well......" I tried to fix the computer, over and over, I gave him 5 laptops, nothing changed it. He said, "The movie was better I think".... And All I could think of, was that gently caress, ********* covering his rear end while he was being sued by ******** for 3rd party, yes.... what a mother loving bastard.

But those ads were awesome. You looked at the screen on the TV and you can sucker those casuals into buying your product or those moms and dads without thinking twice.

You can see from why I am so adamant about being ethical when it comes to these games? Honeslty, no internet poo poo, have you ever had to explain to a kid that had some funds to spend to help him out and make him smile, and loved a game that oh well, "Those publishers suck I guess, lets go call it a life!"

Yeah some may think I am nuts. How about owning up to your product and not being an unethical gently caress. Has that ever once entered some minds.

Witcher 3 will be fine. What got me was the usual defense of obvious bullshit deflection.

Let me clue you in developers. We don't owe you poo poo. We bought your product, and sometimes off false promises and unfinished product. The hell you loving say we are entitled for feeding YOUR family. Get off your loving high horses and realize that false advertising is bullshit, and all your viral garbage will not make a few decent people go away.

this exact same thing happened to me to except with duke nukem forever.

loving gearbox keeps murdering children.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

Why?

Aliens obviously.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Utnayan posted:

Why?

Aliens obviously.

We need to print this out because it belongs in a loving museum.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

also

NOBODY BUT YOU CARES

gently caress OFF

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Utnayan posted:

At no point did you, informed gamer with inside knowledge, explain to this made up cancer child that aliens: colonial marines was gonna be really loving bad?

Who's the real monster now, child killer.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

and that child's name was.... albert einstein

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Murodese posted:

and that child's name was.... albert einstein

:greenangel:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
People wondered why I was so obsessed about calling out the bullshit in this industry over the course of my posting career.

Get better in this industry before it loving falls apart.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Utnayan+NFL

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Utnayan posted:

People wondered why I was so obsessed about calling out the bullshit in this industry over the course of my posting career.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Utnayan+NFL

loving shut up you idiot

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
The industry is fine as is. Please be sure to purchase CDPR new open world game, the Witcher 3!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I bought a ps4 simply for this game alone.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Utnayan posted:

Are you saying you're chris kluwe?

e: I mean, that's the first result on that page for me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

A guardian angel has arrived. :allears:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's always nice to have some genuinely mentally ill people in threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Look being fair, if I'd played Colonial Marines, I'd wish I was dead too, so in a roundabout way, Cancer did this kid a favour