Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Monathin posted:

Everyone knows the best way to generate fame and get people to look out for you as a new team on the scene is to play Crazy Off Meta Bullshit. Just look at Unicorns of Love's promos from last season.

Except UoL's crazy poo poo a) worked and b) was something they could justify. Like their famous Poppy pick - they had tested that and empirically knew it was a good counterpick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Why come isn't anyone else using that righteous science. Is poppy too hard to learn

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

With Thorin's skills for endless pontification, he should really get a new job as one of those guys who reads filibusters in the Senate. They could just ask him his thoughts on how Senate Bill 148-B will influence the chances of CLG at worlds or something and he could talk for like 7 hours straight.

The Korean challenger games were pretty bad. Tusin was fun to watch as a jungler, and did a much better job than I expected, but all of those teams are going to dogpiled by any of the main LCK squads. Holy poo poo Anarchy and Winners were terrible.

I still don't even know why teams get into these big promotion tournaments and try to run some objectively retarded poo poo like an entire team comp around Top Lane Cinderhulk Rengar. It seems to be like a universal rule in challenger playoffs though that you gotta have one of your main guys just picking some real off-meta dumb poo poo to try and cheese a win. Playing through an entire season of Challenger is a grueling process that ultimately results in you getting one or two playoff series to show your skills to be in one of the top leagues in the world, and that's how you wanna gamble? Rolling the dice on Top Lane Cinderhulk Rengar?

IM will probably still lose most of their games but I think they've upped their caliber at least a little.

Chobra was talking about how both Winners and Anarchy had basically no coach or support staff and they were doing the P/B all by themselves, which explains why CVmax was going such ridiculous picks too. The only reason his stuff worked vs Winners is because they were crap too. Everyone but GankZero (who still managed to look not bad) will probably fade into the mists of obscurity again.

Now that Anarchy is in though they'll probably get a support staff and a sponsor, maybe a small one. They'll probably still get dogpiled but the OGN experience will make them better for it, That, or the players might end up getting picked up by better teams (or China) like with Prime or Xenics.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

More challengers enter the CLG Drama Ring:

Seraph: http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/interview-with-tdk-seraph-after-leaving-clg-i-just-desired-to-win-and-improve-my-skills-38802/

Seraph posted:

I did not get along with Doublelift.

Elementz: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sm7k48
(mostly a response to chauster, there's nothing interesting here)

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Legendary (ft Bischu) decided not to forfiet and are playing the 3rd place match vs Cloud 9 Tempest in Alphadraft

C9T are getting all 6 bans as recompense for Legendary's waffling on whether to forfeit or not.

Stream Link

e: Sheep is playing Bard in game 1!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 16, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

What potential do they have exactly.

First murder-suicide in western professional league of legends

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I like the new accounts but suspect that both may be unreliable narrators. Elementz by his own account sounds like he was drunk for most of his professional career (which makes a lot of sense in retrospect) and Seraph probably couldn't understand any of his teammates flaming him.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Legendary (ft Bischu) decided not to forfiet and are playing the 3rd place match vs Cloud 9 Tempest in Alphadraft

C9T are getting all 6 bans as recompense for Legendary's waffling on whether to forfeit or not.

Stream Link

e: Sheep is playing Bard in game 1!

Challenger teams are real bad.

Legendary had some atrocious early game but Yusui and Solo keep on dying/suiciding.

Like Bischu just keeps on killing Yusui. They're 9k gold down but they keep killing him whenever he does something like walk two Teemos form his turret.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA LEGENDARY WON A TEAM FIGHT. Almost 10k down. Bischu can't seem to lane well but he's really holding his own in duels/team fights.

C9T finally closing that game out because Bischu decided to get caught.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 16, 2015

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Libertine posted:

I like the new accounts but suspect that both may be unreliable narrators. Elementz by his own account sounds like he was drunk for most of his professional career (which makes a lot of sense in retrospect) and Seraph probably couldn't understand any of his teammates flaming him.

Also Seraph comes across as the hardest person to get along with of all time.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Challenger teams are real bad.

Legendary had some atrocious early game but Yusui and Solo keep on dying/suiciding.

Like Bischu just keeps on killing Yusui. They're 9k gold down but they keep killing him whenever he does something like walk two Teemos form his turret.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA LEGENDARY WON A TEAM FIGHT. Almost 10k down. Bischu can't seem to lane well but he's really holding his own in duels/team fights.

C9T finally closing that game out because Bischu decided to get caught.

Yusui reminds me of an AP version of Doublelift, he'll just run in and randomly die when he's ahead.

e: Or behind too. Guy has no stop button

Oh my gosh the casters just went "Yusui with the beautiful plays" at the end of the game. Are they drunk?

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 16, 2015

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

What potential do they have exactly.

If double could be tamed and coached on decision making he'd probably be able to win against Turtle/Sneaky.
If Link had been given proper support from the higher ups to be the captain, to actually lead, and been pushed to start talking more, CLG would be doing much better.
If Xsmithy was taught to shotcall by his coaches, he could probably be what Link had wanted.

Even now, if Pobelter is taught the non-mechanics part of the game he'd probably end up a MUCH better player than before, but I don't see the CLG higher ups actually doing anything.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Misfits look really tilted compared to Frank Fang, I don't know whats going on with them but they won't get anywhere with play like this.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

According to LolEsports gambit's Edward is now "Gosu Pepper"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Calax posted:

According to LolEsports gambit's Edward is now "Gosu Pepper"

He knew a change had to be made.

e:

Not sure what to make of this--

Team King: Cola, inSec, corn, NaMei, Zero, Hui, SinkDream, XiaoAo join.
RNG (Royal Never Give Up): Skye, LetMe, GodLike, Mlxg, xiaohu, NoHeart and LeY join.

Did King and the old roster of SHRC just sell all their players to each other?

Libertine fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 16, 2015

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
China continues to be weird

Royal must have really wanted to blow the team up after getting relegated.

Meanwhile: Group B of the Korean Qualifiers at the usual Riot stream.

Samsung vs Xenics vs Prime - if Samsung doesn't get back in it would be a massive throw

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Libertine posted:

He knew a change had to be made.

e:

Not sure what to make of this--

Team King: Cola, inSec, corn, NaMei, Zero, Hui, SinkDream, XiaoAo join.
RNG (Royal Never Give Up): Skye, LetMe, GodLike, Mlxg, xiaohu, NoHeart and LeY join.

Did King and the old roster of SHRC just sell all their players to each other?

quote:

After what the Royal Club weibo describes as a "friendly consultation" with King ownership, both teams released their lineups. The Royal Club team will move to King, and many King members will move to the newly branded Royal Never Give Up. Both teams also acquired players from the disbanded Gamtee roster.
http://www.thescoreesports.com/lol/news/1812

so apparently, yeah. I have no idea what the gently caress.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Also, for those of you that weren't paying attention, Royal bought the Vici Gaming Potential (Vici's sister team) spot, rebranding it to Royal Never Give Up (SHRC remains in the LSPL). Vici Gaming Potential then bought the Gamtee spot, rebranding to Unlimited Potential.

I'm not sure what happens to circuit points in cases like these.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I am actually trying to wrap my head around it and can't so I just assume they all worked it out

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
This Royal team is some unholy mix of King and Gamtee. Wait wtf Skye, LetMe and Godlike all play top. Someone has to go.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Crumbz is getting pretty badly exposed in this Alphadraft finals. If he cant even outjungle a random team like Frank Fang hes not going to get far.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Crumbz is getting pretty badly exposed in this Alphadraft finals. If he cant even outjungle a random team like Frank Fang hes not going to get far.

He got exposed last LCS split. Misfits won't do poo poo without a real jungler.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Alex Ich has 350 farm before 30 minutes :chanpop:

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

400 at 34 min, that's a horrifying Ziggs.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Also, Stixxay is poo poo. Stop getting caught on Caitlyn, motherfucker.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
in other news, edward is going back to the name "Gosu Pepper"
http://na.lolesports.com/eu-lcs/2015/summer/players/gosu-pepper

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The top laner for Xenics is named KakaRot. If they get into champions I cant wait for all the DBZ refs from Doa

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The top laner for Xenics is named KakaRot. If they get into champions I cant wait for all the DBZ refs from Doa

I just got home from an insane day and I was probably gonna watch this one match then go to bed. Who won the first match/set?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Samsung 2-0 Prime. Prime looked better than Winners/Anarchy but not good enough to win.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Pretty cruel to have Chobra solo cast this enormous number of matches over two days.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

FFG trade 2 ults, baron and an inhib tower to get Alex's flash. Fairly certain this one is over.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
eddy going back to gosu pepper is :unsmith:

also i'm happy misfits won the thing, only saw the last game but it was absolute ownage (i guess unlike the previous 4?)

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Game 1-3 were close, 4-5 were stomps for misfits

Once they started playing aggressive junglers in the last 2 games and didn't allow the FFG top/jungle to get away with stuff it really turned around. And RF was unstoppable on Irelia

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Lot of CC on Prime but do they have the damage to back it up?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Killed By Death posted:

Also, for those of you that weren't paying attention, Royal bought the Vici Gaming Potential (Vici's sister team) spot, rebranding it to Royal Never Give Up (SHRC remains in the LSPL). Vici Gaming Potential then bought the Gamtee spot, rebranding to Unlimited Potential.

I'm not sure what happens to circuit points in cases like these.

How the gently caress is that still legal? It completely undermines the whole system. I thought Riot had new rules that demand a certain amount of player retention and other stuff to prevent that kind of spot-buying?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Dig-Ni-Toss!

Oh wait... wrong league. That Baron throw had me fooled for a second.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPLal_uPiFE

Huni :3:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I find it amusing that checking out the lists of teams on Lolesports.com doesn't have ANY updated rosters even though the new schedules are out.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

lol

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

How the gently caress is that still legal? It completely undermines the whole system. I thought Riot had new rules that demand a certain amount of player retention and other stuff to prevent that kind of spot-buying?

It's LPL , so it's actually not run by Riot proper, but by their parent company, Tencent, which is probably okay with plenty of shady stuff because it's Chinese League and is probably half about money laundering anyways.

E: in other China news, U, former EDG midlaner and current sub, is moving to Snake.

Flappy Bert fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I think Riot rules do apply? VG had to sell their second team because of the 1 team per owner rule, and I'm guessing some of the complicated player swapping is to work around player retention rules. Not clear on the details but probably the finished rosters still have 3/5 players who were previously on King/Royal.

• Locked thread