Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

cthulhoo posted:

This game really needs an ability prune like wow had. I'm drowning in goddamn buttons.

As said about every 5-7 pages, you really don't need half the buttons you have. :) Different specs use different abilities. Even the big scary marauder really only has 10ish buttons you need to worry about unless you're doing serious raiding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
To be fair, how many abilities are superfluous is also a good argument for a cull.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Or at least restricting them to specs.

vvv this argument was dumb when they were pruning abilities in wow and it is not any less dumb now.

e: i've also recently learned that swtor playerbase is actively against dual-spec so w/e

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 15, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

They already simplified the game with 3.0. Really, I don't think there are too many abilities. There has to be SOME human element in "Is this something I would use in PvE? What about PvP?" MMORPGs DO have some strategy needed.

But I come from EverQuest, so what do I know.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FYI guild roster's sitting at 494.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

cthulhoo posted:

e: i've also recently learned that swtor playerbase is actively against dual-spec so w/e

I thought support for dual spec was pretty universal?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Fortunately the revamped skill sets make it super easy to respec quickly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI guild roster's sitting at 494.

Good thing I'm drinking tonight! :D

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

Good thing I'm drinking tonight! :D

Just don't kick my PT and Jugg, I actually play those, adn my Assassin and Sniper :)

Anyone wanna do some drunk pvp later after I do Gree on 4 alts?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

Just don't kick my PT and Jugg, I actually play those, adn my Assassin and Sniper :)

Anyone wanna do some drunk pvp later after I do Gree on 4 alts?

As long as you've logged in within the last 60 days you're fine.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

As long as you've logged in within the last 60 days you're fine.

Hell, I haven't been on the server for over 60 days.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Wagrid posted:

Hard to tell, I don't pay attention to people who aren't goons about this stuff generally.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

wtftastic posted:

Hard to tell, I don't pay attention to people who aren't goons about this stuff generally.

Is this the first time that the phrase "goons about this stuff" has ever been used as a compliment?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is this the first time that the phrase "goons about this stuff" has ever been used as a compliment?

Maybe.

Pretend I didn't do it?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
What's the deal with this Gree stuff, anyway?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Fuzz posted:

What's the deal with this Gree stuff, anyway?

I only need to hit friendly so I can buy the tron gear.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Wagrid posted:

I've seen posts (on the official forums) you wouldn't believe. Retarded arguments on fire, etcetera.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

veedubfreak posted:

I only need to hit friendly so I can buy the tron gear.

No, I mean what is the event? Is it worth doing?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Fuzz posted:

No, I mean what is the event? Is it worth doing?

This late into the week, I'd say no. I'm already sick of it and I've only done it 3 days. You can't really get any thing good out of it the first time around, so just be aware. It takes like what, 4 events to get max rep which is where you can get the vehicles.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/12/swtor-relics-of-the-gree-event-guide/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gree is next week too thanks to the fuckup with conquest.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

cthulhoo posted:

I've seen posts (on the official forums) you wouldn't believe. Retarded arguments on fire, etcetera.

The official forums aren't really representative of anything, other than the dumbest players.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think I'm becoming Ahab and this loving monocycle is my Moby Dick. Oh well, at least there's this.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I don't have an android or iphone but want to get the authenticator setup for the free 100 coins a month, has anyone done this before via emulators?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I installed the APK to my Kindle Fire, not really sure if that helps but you can do it that way if you have one.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

I think I'm becoming Ahab and this loving monocycle is my Moby Dick. Oh well, at least there's this.

There's a lot of good stuff in that pack. Better than any of the shadow packs imo

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

Gree is next week too thanks to the fuckup with conquest.

Ah cool, I wasn't sure if that was true or not. Cause somehow I'm not actually going to make friendly this week. Not even sure how that can happen.

Ah I now see the error I made. So bonus week saves me a wait until the next event. Neat.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

veedubfreak posted:

Ah cool, I wasn't sure if that was true or not. Cause somehow I'm not actually going to make friendly this week. Not even sure how that can happen.

Ah I now see the error I made. So bonus week saves me a wait until the next event. Neat.

Remember to keep collecting rep pieces after you max out your weekly rep. You can hoard them and even after the event is over you can still use the rep tokens. Furthermore the vendors stay on Ilum after the event is over so you can just grind until you get the tokens to reach legend and buy stuff whenever.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

There's a lot of good stuff in that pack. Better than any of the shadow packs imo

Yeah I'll make a good chunk of my money back, and I LOVE the HK-51 customization you can buy with good rep.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Send me all your padawans and Kel Dor jedi decorations btw medullah. Trying to make a jedi academy stronghold.

Hugs and kisses.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Why does Vector say "an enemy defeated, somewhat to our surprise"? What? You don't believe in me? Bitch.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CharlesM posted:

Why does Vector say "an enemy defeated, somewhat to our surprise"? What? You don't believe in me? Bitch.

Hes is or was part of a hive mind.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Think he's more surprised with himself than with you there.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
He's amazed someone's actually using him.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
"Are we dead ye- oh my goodness, we won!" :allears:

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

"Are we dead ye- oh my goodness, we won!" :allears:

Talos is the best space grandpa.

Dauq
Mar 21, 2008
So i got the urge to play this again, i never finished my class storyline the first time around (i got a sniper and a jedi consular around mid-levels), so it's still "new" to me.
Is there a goon guild still playing on the EU servers ?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
How do I "transfer" basic commendations between characters and cross-faction?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Stalins Moustache posted:

How do I "transfer" basic commendations between characters and cross-faction?

Buy something that binds to your Legacy and costs basics comms, stick it in your legacy vault (guild ship has one if you don't), have the other character take it out and return it before the return timer expires.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

Hes is or was part of a hive mind.

Whoosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Crindee posted:

Buy something that binds to your Legacy and costs basics comms, stick it in your legacy vault (guild ship has one if you don't), have the other character take it out and return it before the return timer expires.

:negative: I wish I knew about the return timer earlier.

• Locked thread