Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
5/14/15 - Mad Max: Fury Road hits theaters
5/15/15 - Gorkamorka players spike by 8000%

I'm seeing it tomorrow, should be absolutely mental. Also picking up that Mk. III bundle from Forgeworld because I have a fever that can only be cured by more blue Marines. Now to figure out how I'll paint them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ooooh

Plastic Scouser
Aug 16, 2006

"You just..say these things."
I've done so well with not adding to the pile of unpainted models......Roboute and Sigismund? Let me find my credit card.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That isn't my nail by the way

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good pose on Sigismund

King of generic, crappy pose on Gullyman

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Well he's a generic kind of crappy guy, so only appropriate really.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
£65 Guilleman sold out for the day already, only been opened for an hour. New shops look nice though.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Captain Invictus posted:

King of generic, crappy pose on Gullyman

Anything else would have been less appropriate. :v:

Seriously, I'm sure they did pretty much exactly what they set out to do with him. I think his base is perfect; it's almost like a more pristine version of Horus's.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
Warlord Titan seems pretty decent.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hummingbird James posted:

More than decent :P

1250 GBP - comes with 4 guns and 2 head options.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

In all seriousness, has anyone actually played a game in which this sort of thing would make sense on any level? What even happens in this sort of situation? I can grasp what sorts of games form around "normal" superheavies/Apoc units, but this is beyond any frame of reference I have.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy
oh my....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

JerryLee posted:

In all seriousness, has anyone actually played a game in which this sort of thing would make sense on any level? What even happens in this sort of situation? I can grasp what sorts of games form around "normal" superheavies/Apoc units, but this is beyond any frame of reference I have.

I understand your reaction (great Seinfeld gif btw) Multiple Super Heavies on the table can work to bring this kind of thing down. It's clearly for MASSIVE games. At that point value - the 30k game you would need to play would have to be GIGANTIC (consider the 25% LoW rule). But really you only see this kind of thing in huge apoc games.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
And on the shelf, half-painted, gathering dust.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
We've got half of Robute's rules, not the greatest statline in the world, but it'll do.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Does its chainsword have a bayonet?

E. The chaos knight that is

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 16, 2015

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
New possessed dudes.

Ultramarine shield unit.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

According to a friend on twitter FW only made eight Warlord Titan kits for the WH World opening and they sold out after the first eight customers. :v:
But it looks pretty neat though.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That khorne thing in the background.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mango Polo posted:

New possessed dudes.

I loving love Forgeworld's possessed models. The Gal Vorbak look so freaking cool and I'm excited for more..

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

According to a friend on twitter FW only made eight Warlord Titan kits for the WH World opening and they sold out after the first eight customers. :v:

People are willing to spend thousands on virtual spaceships that haven't been developed in a game that hasn't been finished. This purchase is more sane, in fact, you may actually get to play with one in a game someday.

I am going to throw my Orks at some Eldar.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Cooked Auto posted:

That's the story going around, yeah.

In addition to the Chaos Knight there's a Khorne Lord of Skulls style Knight as well, and a new Nurgle Daemon Prince.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Found this on B&C

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ijyt posted:

That khorne thing in the background.

Yup.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Loving the new FW stuff.

Re the stupidly expensive knight bundle, BOLS leaked the rules:

Looks powerful.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

They just keep releasing things that make me want to do a Khorne Daemon/CSM army.

Bulbasaur these transfers are rad as gently caress:

ijyt fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 16, 2015

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Oh sweet, it looks like a conversion kit to turn the skulldozer into a badass walker.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Oh sweet, it looks like a conversion kit to turn the skulldozer into a badass walker.

Lol if they force you to buy both.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Christopher Reeves is now Christopher Walken

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

ijyt posted:

They just keep releasing things that make me want to do a Khorne Daemon/CSM army.

Bulbasaur these transfers are rad as gently caress:

Any Sons of Horus ones?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

We've got half of Robute's rules, not the greatest statline in the world, but it'll do.

Preternatural Strategist and, knowing the smurfs, Sire of the Ultramarines, does make it sound like Papa is going to be a more support-oriented primarch as many suspected.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Stormbird rules:

FW making its own range of paints. I guess they got tired of "okay mix half and half of these two, then add a third of that, plus a drop of your own blood, and apply. That's your basecoat, now make another fifty mixes."
I don't see a Thousand Sons red, so gently caress FW.

And a badass WB apostle, hnng (helmets > faces)

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 16, 2015

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Shot of the new Lord of Skulls in action at the bottom here.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
And Roboute's other rules.

e. And the Taghmata is getting a new Thanatar-class robit (on top of the already seen Calix) and Domitar robits :circlefap:

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 16, 2015

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Any pictures of what Legiones Astartes (Ultramarines) is going to do?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

A friend of mine is about to play his first game of 40k, and I'm trying to figure out what would be the best list to use against him. We're playing 1000 points, and he has VERY few models. He has a squad of fire warriors, some crisis suits, some broadsides and a riptide [and i think a sniper drone squad maybe?]. It's a very low model count army, and I'm trying to come up with an ork list that'll give him a good fight but not smoosh him.

I made 3 lists, trying to vary my model count a little. Which do you think would be a good fight? I don't want to discourage him, but I also don't want to give up an easy win because he can be kind of a tool.

MAWboss, lucky stikk
3x manz, trukk
12x hardboyz, trukk
20x shootaboyz, battlewagon
10x stormboyz
wartrakk, skorcha

MAWboss, lucky stikk
3x manz, trukk
12x hardboyz, trukk
18x shootaboyz
wartrakk, TL-rokkit
wartrakk, skorcha
5x flash gitz, battlewagon

Kaptain Badrukk
Painboy
3x manz, trukk
12x hardboyz, trukk
15x gretchin
2x wartrakk, TL-rokkit
2x wartrakk, skorcha

Making small lists is weird. Where do you put all the stuff?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 16, 2015

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
FW paints in proper loving pots!!!.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Ignite Memories posted:

Don't take crazy things like the Lucky Stick or anything that changes the base rules too much. Play a very simplified version of the game, just don't tell him about rules that won't really matter until after he gets the basic rules down.

Let him win. If he's going to be a giant tool about it then why is he your friend?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ignite Memories posted:

A friend of mine is about to play his first game of 40k, and I'm trying to figure out what would be the best list to use against him. We're playing 1000 points, and he has VERY few models. He has a squad of fire warriors, some crisis suits, some broadsides and a riptide [and i think a sniper drone squad maybe?]. It's a very low model count army, and I'm trying to come up with an ork list that'll give him a good fight but not smoosh him.

I made 3 lists, trying to vary my model count a little. Which do you think would be a good fight? I don't want to discourage him, but I also don't want to give up an easy win because he can be kind of a tool.

MAWboss, lucky stikk
3x manz, trukk
12x hardboyz, trukk
20x shootaboyz, battlewagon
10x stormboyz
wartrakk, skorcha

MAWboss, lucky stikk
3x manz, trukk
12x hardboyz, trukk
18x shootaboyz
wartrakk, TL-rokkit
wartrakk, skorcha

Kaptain Badrukk
Painboy
3x manz, trukk
12x hardboyz, trukk
15x gretchin
2x wartrakk, TL-rokkit
2x wartrakk, skorcha

I like the first list because it's a small army the way his is a small army, and you have units that are going to be fun for his Tau to fight:

The broad sides can pop the battle wagon, his fire warriors can enjoy being out numbered but superior to the shooter boyz, but you also can put some fear in him with the storm boyz. You're giving him several chances to see where his army shines (very good guns, not bad armor) but you also have enough fast movers to push the issue if you need to play rough.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I would love for those FW paints to be a herald of things to come, that the Citadel ones will be coming in those pots.

• Locked thread