Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The game is funded by people who want to be the big fish in a small pond.. New pond = more money. Merge it back in a few months, make a new one, repeat until the game dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipline
May 9, 2013

Anal Papist posted:

TLDR: feedz tricked a bunch of us into having actual interviews all so we could be tracked with far more dedication and accuracy than sex offenders. To have us work 4-8 hour shifts watching a kraken and occasionaly fighting until we out sperged the other groupoften for days or in one case weeks. We had our chat monitored, our pockets were riffled through and we were harrassed if we weren't the correct spec or had poo poo gear because we had no money because all game time was consumed by the kraken.
I get that you're trying to make the whole experience sound awful but honestly that sounds amazing. I wish I had stuck with ArcheAge long enough to serve under an almost literal Captain Ahab. Even if it wouldn't be fun at the time, what a story to tell, man.

So Age of Wushu is dead then? I really miss it and was thinking of coming back, even if only for a tour. Is Age of Wulin better?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Did anyone ever figure out how to befriend Dongfang Shittin and what you got from doing that?

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Zipline posted:

I get that you're trying to make the whole experience sound awful but honestly that sounds amazing. I wish I had stuck with ArcheAge long enough to serve under an almost literal Captain Ahab. Even if it wouldn't be fun at the time, what a story to tell, man.

So Age of Wushu is dead then? I really miss it and was thinking of coming back, even if only for a tour. Is Age of Wulin better?

Age of Wulin is getting patches very fast wich keeps the people somewhat interested but its a bunch of PVE'rs the PVP is rare and really only one / two guilds initiate it so the server hates them for ruining happy fun time.

Situations I ran into:
Worldboss -> Me: "Why don't we kill both worldbosses" Others: "We don't want to get red named / killed competing for it"
Guildwars were fun, even though outnumbered the enemy has no fking idea what they are doing
Pay2Wins are less blatant in Wulin those that do are too dumb to use it
Catching up is a giant cash cow or takes forever, since no return power is active.
The French are actually some of the more competent pvpers (what)

But overall its just not as interesting as wushu was, there is no giant nerdrage filled hate, no defined lines, very few viets, and those viets there are actually our allies (what)

And Guild Alliance Drama:
http://rutube.ru/video/2706d38461494a0c238ad43f50c9262e/

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
PvP is more common than you are saying, lots of people PvP, even if the two major alliances are the two that initiate the huge fights, which is not different from how Wushu did it.

Catching up is not that bad, there is a reclaim strength event going on at the moment.

And we are all shocked about the french.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

GreatestNerdEver posted:

PvP is more common than you are saying, lots of people PvP, even if the two major alliances are the two that initiate the huge fights, which is not different from how Wushu did it.

Catching up is not that bad, there is a reclaim strength event going on at the moment.

And we are all shocked about the french.

I made a char on wulin

Walked around some

Just saw nerds dueling in chengdu and realized that it's wushu

Wushu is bad

I logged out

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
There are huge pvp fights pretty much every day. You can say what you want about the sides involved but in the end i enjoy the combat and that's all that matters.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Haquer posted:

I made a char on wulin

Walked around some

Just saw nerds dueling in chengdu and realized that it's wushu

Wushu is bad

I logged out

Ok? It's Wushu without SnailUSA at the helm, so it's better by default. And I have fun playing it so v:shobon:v

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am sorry about your autisim

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

GreatestNerdEver posted:

Ok? It's Wushu without SnailUSA at the helm, so it's better by default. And I have fun playing it so v:shobon:v

Except that it's Wushu with worse ping

Sorry

E: if you enjoy it, by all means I'm not disparaging that, go play

it's just wushu in EU with worse ping though overall :shrug:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It's wushu without GTC shenanigans. Bad games require crews to have fun with, solo playing a bad game means you just don't love yourself enough.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Third World Reggin posted:

I am sorry about your autisim

Grithok you sperged out on wushu as hard as anyone. You seriously trying to high horse people on this now?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Grithok's hobby is tsunderexplaining. He says he hates it, but he will explain anything to you at the drop of a hat so he probably really likes it.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
I'll check out Age of Wulin with some kind of ping accelerator. Is Swordsman Online any good? Or should I just wait for Moonlight Blade or whatever?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Zipline posted:

Is Swordsman Online any good?

Depends. Do you have 3+ literal months of perpetual grind in you?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zipline posted:

I'll check out Age of Wulin with some kind of ping accelerator.

If you can beat the speed of light, enjoy your nobel prize

Skion
Mar 24, 2013
Wushu's servers were so bad my ping is pretty much the same after going to wulin. I use the free version of WTFast but thats only to reduce ping spikes, averages around 180ms regardless.
Really the only negative with wulin is that books and all events are around 6 hours earlier then wushu.

Zipline
May 9, 2013

Skion posted:

Really the only negative with wulin is that books and all events are around 6 hours earlier then wushu.

That and you lose all your progress in Wushu. That's one thing making me hold off on signing up. Another is that Moonlight Blade drops in 12 days and that looks amazing, so might be worth waiting for that, play with a big Goon group again. Either way I'm going to be going to actual China at the end of June, so I'll only have a month of playtime tops. Although while I'm there I could just buy a Chinese SIM card and do whatever they have over there, I don't know. Is a SIM card all I need to get into these betas and stuff? Even if it's not connected to any carriers?

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Zipline posted:

That and you lose all your progress in Wushu. That's one thing making me hold off on signing up. Another is that Moonlight Blade drops in 12 days and that looks amazing, so might be worth waiting for that, play with a big Goon group again. Either way I'm going to be going to actual China at the end of June, so I'll only have a month of playtime tops. Although while I'm there I could just buy a Chinese SIM card and do whatever they have over there, I don't know. Is a SIM card all I need to get into these betas and stuff? Even if it's not connected to any carriers?

I've been "hacked" so many times in wushu I don't have much progress to lose (Only game I've ever had hacker issues with outside DFO). Definitely jumping on moonlight blade when it doesn't need china schenanigans and its in something resembling english. From the little I've seen of it looks like a very pretty version of wushu. Right now wulin is a nostalgia trip and timewaster.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

If moonlight blade actually came out you could probably get the entire gang back together for one last ride across wuxia. Grithok needs to get into the betas so he can teach us all about the game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I will not be leading any guild in moon light blade.

You guys were horrible.

Well I might if I can laugh at the retards freaking out when I help goons for several months, leave to sing kareoke with vietnamese people, and then complain non stop that I was goon loving some how.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

When Moonlight Blade drops, people will just assume you're the leader out of the MMO-clan conditioned assumption that the one who's yelling the loudest is the one in charge. You can either lead the clan, or not yell at people. We both know the answer to this.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Pavlov posted:

When Moonlight Blade drops, people will just assume you're the leader out of the MMO-clan conditioned assumption that the one who's yelling the loudest is the one in charge. You can either lead the clan, or not yell at people. We both know the answer to this.

It won't be him.

It will be Drinkfist.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Is Moonlight Blade coming out in English soon? I have fallen off of the Chinagame radar.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

Is Moonlight Blade coming out in English soon? I have fallen off of the Chinagame radar.

About to be open beta in China, I think?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Is this one of those things where you have to buy a Chinese cellphone code?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I will not be leading any guild in moon light blade.

You guys were horrible.

Well I might if I can laugh at the retards freaking out when I help goons for several months, leave to sing kareoke with vietnamese people, and then complain non stop that I was goon loving some how.

Isn't that basically the same thing as leading a goon guild?

Zipline
May 9, 2013
Ohhhh, I hadn't been reading the dates right, Moonlight Blade enters CLOSED beta on the 28th of this month. The Moonlight Blade website won't translate in Google Translate, at least not without some optical reader work, so I have no idea how to sign up.

Guess I'll just download Wulin.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://www.reddit.com/r/MoonlightBladeonline/comments/343ikw/list_of_features_confirmed_in_the_nowipe_test/

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

It's starting.

:munch:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i sent that link to grithok as a google shortened link because i wasnt sure if he'd look at it otherwise

trap sprung

:getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Well I might if I can laugh at the retards freaking out when I help goons for several months and then complain non stop that I was goon loving some how.

so you'll lead a goon guild then

if this ends up being a completely not poo poo thing then id' like invite people or something idk

and also keep goons from like being goony to each other

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

and also keep goons from like being goony to each other

If ever there was a game to let goons be goony to each other, it's chinagame.

Besides, if age of wushu is any indicator we'll all be far too confused to actually gently caress each other over.

Edit: I'm legit more excited about a new chinagame than about any mmo or even game to come out in the past like 5 years.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 18, 2015

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

If ever there was a game to let goons be goony to each other, it's chinagame.

Besides, if age of wushu is any indicator we'll all be far too confused to actually gently caress each other over.

Edit: I'm legit more excited about a new chinagame than about any mmo or even game to come out in the past like 5 years.

There was plenty of goon loving if you payed attention.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Hy_C posted:

There was plenty of goon loving if you payed attention.

Is it really goonfucking if no one understands that they were hosed?

Is it really goonfucking if the person doing the loving didn't know it was goonfucking until too late?

:iiam:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Is it really goonfucking if no one understands that they were hosed?

Is it really goonfucking if the person doing the loving didn't know it was goonfucking until too late?

:iiam:

There's a bridge I'd like to buy for some delabux.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hy_C posted:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Hy_C posted:

Hold on to your delabux. They're like fine wine or bitcoin, the value only goes up.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hy_C posted:

How did I ever forget about delabux

So glad I didn't fall for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haquer posted:

How did I ever forget about delabux

So glad I didn't fall for that

The exchange rate to Hy_Coins really reinvigorated the market.