Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Kelly jelly

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Alain Post posted:

Hell it's great.

here is how good it is -- they even managed to make the achievement popup for saving everybody add to the drama, because it doesn't trigger until after the Normandy gets away and you see a cutscene of it limping away in deep space

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
The music alone was enough to put ME2's ending on top of the others.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Lucille 2: Do you like Mass Effect 2?

Carl Weathers: No. I love it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
ME2's ending is legitimately where I fell in love with the series. It made the entire game before it feel like it mattered.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You fly to a giant insect hive in the center of the galaxy, blow up a giant skeleton, then escape the giant insect hive as it blows up really good behind you while bad arse music plays really loudly.

It's a good ending

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I've said it a billion times before, but if they just would've switched the order of Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 so 3 was the dark middle chapter and 2 was the satisfying conclusion, I would've had no problems with the series whatsoever. Mass Effect 2, the Reapers invade Earth, all is lost, Shepard sacrifices themself to stop the reaper invasion. Mass Effect 3, Cerberus finds out there's a hidden Reaper bastion past the Omega Relay where they're attempting to rebuild, and uses their technology to bring Shepard back to lead a suicide mission to destroy them once and for all. All your bros from the series join you for one final mission, maybe some of them die, and most importantly, you end the series outrunning a giant explosion on the Normandy, the way it should be.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 15, 2015

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dan Didio posted:

It's no secret that the only good bioware games end in 2. Mass Effect 2, Knights of the Old Republic 2, Dragon Age 2, MDK2.

:psyduck:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Fly away, troll.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
In Mass Effect 2 the second game in Bioware's Mass Effect series you get to play as a space man.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

In Mass Effect 2 the second game in Bioware's Mass Effect series you get to play as a space man.

:eyepop:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

A lot of people think Shepard is named after Alan Shepard, the astronaut, but that's not true. They're actually named after Alan Shepard's favourite space-food; the Shepard's Pie.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

[Citation Needed]

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

[Citation Needed]

I'm so sorry. I should have added 'or space woman'. Forgive me Jesus.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I liked the sex parts.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We all do.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want to enkindle some more asari butts.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Didn't know you'd think that I'd forget or I'd regret
The special love I had for you, my baby blue

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Milky Moor posted:

[RENEGADE INTERRUPT]

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Call me when I can be a gay biotic volus like I am in ME3 multiplayer

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Call me when I can be a gay biotic volus like I am in ME3 multiplayer

Call me when you can be a gigantic gay volus.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Blasto made his debut in ME2, so I will recant all criticism of it. Enkindle this!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
If anyone doesn't own all three games or is looking to pick them up on a different platform, you can buy the entire trilogy on PSN this weekend for $4.80. The PS version of 2 comes with a bunch of the DLC, only Arrival isn't included.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 16, 2015

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

SubponticatePoster posted:

If anyone doesn't own all three games or is looking to pick them up on a different platform, you can buy the entire trilogy on PSN this weekend for $4.80. The PS version of 2 comes with a bunch of the DLC, only Arrival isn't included.

But isn't Arrival the DLC that ties ME2 to ME3, and thus the most important?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

drkeiscool posted:

Nope.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

drkeiscool posted:

Yes, no :v:

E: figure you're getting LotB for $1.60, that is entirely worth the price of admission. 1 also includes BDtS as well.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

drkeiscool posted:

If you pick the renegade option you get to murder a fuckton of Batarians. If you pick the paragon option, you get to murder a fuckton of Batarians . So, it's really getting you ready for Mass Effect 3 in more ways than one.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Arrival, as far as I remember, changes exactly 1 thing in Mass Effect 3 - why Shepard is currently being held on Earth. With Arrival, its because You blew up a mass relay with an asteroid and killed a few hundred thousand Batarians, as well as working for Cerberus. Without Arrival, its because Shepard was working for Cerberus.. If it added dialogue beyond that, I don't remember it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

drkeiscool posted:

It would have been more important if they didn't change the start of ME3 to be more friendly to people that have never played the series. It really wouldn't matter much if you skipped it. I wish that dlc was better.

Has anyone heard anything about the rumored Mass Effect Remastered Trilogy for Xbone/ps4?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Kibayasu posted:

Arrival, as far as I remember, changes exactly 1 thing in Mass Effect 3 - why Shepard is currently being held on Earth. With Arrival, its because You blew up a mass relay with an asteroid and killed a few hundred thousand Batarians, as well as working for Cerberus. Without Arrival, its because Shepard was working for Cerberus.. If it added dialogue beyond that, I don't remember it.

If I remember right, you also lose some war resource worth a couple hundred points in ME3. Granted, though, not all that much of a gamebreaker.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Spacebump posted:

It would have been more important if they didn't change the start of ME3 to be more friendly to people that have never played the series. It really wouldn't matter much if you skipped it. I wish that dlc was better.

Has anyone heard anything about the rumored Mass Effect Remastered Trilogy for Xbone/ps4?
As far as I know there's no rumored trilogy, just people wanting one. Since 4 will only be on new consoles it would make sense to do a remaster but no official rumblings as of yet.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

Jesus man no reason to get so worked up about this, take a breather.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

drkeiscool posted:

I didn't play Arrival my first time through, I didn't notice any difference when I did play arrival eventually, I think it was just one line that mentioned the mass effect array getting blown up by someone in the alliance versus getting blown up by Shepard. I don't even remember the array getting blown up figuring into why Shepard was in custody at the beginning the second time through.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
PS3 ME3 mp dead? Can't check the MP topic.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

I was just playing ME3MP Friday, no shortage of matches going on. Make sure you have all the MP DLC (it's Free) and the latest patches.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I bought the Mass Effect collection on PS3 and replaying ME1 is a loving slog. Anyone got a list of STUFF YOU SHOULD DO, to get a good ending and move onto the better games?

Also did this collection come with all DLC? I never played any

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There's nothing really to do in the game to get a "good ending". You either choose to let the fleet through the relay at the end or you don't. The sidequests mostly result in emails, a couple in super-brief uninteresting cameos. Skip 'em all if you want. If you feel like doing one sidequest, do the Moon one.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 19, 2015

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lycus posted:

There's nothing really to do in the game to get a "good ending". You either choose let the fleet through the relay at the end or you don't. The sidequests mostly result in emails, a couple in super-brief uninteresting cameos. Skip 'em all if you want. If you feel like doing one sidequest, do the Moon one.

Why do you hate Conrad?

You have to buy the Elkoss Combine license and the side quests you absolutely must do, besides the Moon one, are Rita's Sister and Asari Writings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Skilleddk posted:

I bought the Mass Effect collection on PS3 and replaying ME1 is a loving slog. Anyone got a list of STUFF YOU SHOULD DO, to get a good ending and move onto the better games?

Also did this collection come with all DLC? I never played any
1 has Bring Down the Sky, 2 has everything but arrival and 3 doesn't come with poo poo AFAIK.

• Locked thread