Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How do you even come up with the idea for wrangling a bull on a beach as an episode opener? :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

HopperUK posted:

Hooray! Do you ever spot something during an episode that's so amazing it needs to go in the title sequence? Or have you seen it all already?

I haven't changed the title sequence since I started, but I did try to include all the highlights I could remember. I have seen the whole series by now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How do you even come up with the idea for wrangling a bull on a beach as an episode opener? :suspense:
I know right? Not even a whole episode plot, just the opener. Did someone just have a bull and they asked if they could use it?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Canberra is a hellish pit full of bloodsucking vermin. It's also built on a swamp and riddled with mosquitoes.

Ah, so it's like D.C.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Canberra is a hellish pit full of bloodsucking vermin. It's also built on a swamp and riddled with mosquitoes.

Built on a swamp....
uh...this is one of the driest cities there is. It never rains here. Practically no humidity. Exactly unlike DC.
If you're going to insult it, why can't you go with "a good sheep paddock spoiled" like everyone else?

Infamous Sphere fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 17, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Holy poo poo, Mitch versus a loving Yakuza samurai!?

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Not just any Yakuza, but the greatest recurring villain in Baywatch history!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Miss Wallace posted:

Baywatching: Reunion (Again). Mitch goes to his high school reunion and gets bullied!
http://phelous.com/2015/05/16/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/baywatching-reunion-again/

If there's anything I've learned since you started this series, it's that Baywatch needs more Neumie.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Miss Wallace posted:

Baywatching: Reunion (Again). Mitch goes to his high school reunion and gets bullied!
http://phelous.com/2015/05/16/obscurus-lupa/baywatching/baywatching-reunion-again/

Oh my god, new Baywatching already?!

Intro question! What I want to know is why do people keep wiggling their heads whenever they drink cups of tea? (Oh who am I kidding they're not cups of tea, as if any character on Baywatch could possibly have good enough taste to enjoy tea.)

"I'm going to have so many saves!"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Has baywatching always updated this frequently or have I somehow missed it before the last few days?

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa! So great he came back for the Baywatch movie. None of this compares to the Nights episode where Mitch just flat out defeats all of the yakuza apparently and then is dubbed a samurai at the end.

Writer Cath posted:

If there's anything I've learned since you started this series, it's that Baywatch needs more Neumie.

Always. He gets subplots later on!

Infamous Sphere posted:

Intro question! What I want to know is why do people keep wiggling their heads whenever they drink cups of tea? (Oh who am I kidding they're not cups of tea, as if any character on Baywatch could possibly have good enough taste to enjoy tea.)

That is a hilarious montage where Mitch is interviewing for a nanny or chef or something. Not one of them is right for the job! During that segment the lady is particularly snooty, so Mitch and Hobie make snob faces while they drink their tea as a humorous "take that."

FirstAidKite posted:

Has baywatching always updated this frequently or have I somehow missed it before the last few days?

Lately I've been doing 2 or 3 at a time, usually at the beginning of the month. It is more frequent than it used to be, but I've been doing that for a few months now.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Infamous Sphere posted:

I think that they're just pretending to be fancy, like sticking out a pinky while drinking tea.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I remember someone posted that Wil Wheton show where they play tabletop RPG and party games and found out that also on that website there is a DnD show with some of the best Voice Actors in the industry today

http://geekandsundry.com/critical-role-episode-1/

Here's the cast:
Matthew Mercer - DM
Liam O'Brien - Vax'Ildan the Half-Elf Rogue
Laura Bailey - Vex'Ahlia the Half-Elf Ranger
Travis Willingham - Grog the Goliath Barbarian
Taliesin Jaffe - Percey the Human Gunslinger
Marisha Ray - Keyleth the Half-Elf Druid
Orion Acaba - Tiberius the Dragonborn Sorcerer
Sam Riegel - Scanlan the Gnome Bard
Ashley Johnson - Pike the Gnome Cleric

Maybe one day Laura and Travis can get Troy Baker to guest star :swoon:

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

achillesforever6 posted:

I remember someone posted that Wil Wheton show where they play tabletop RPG and party games and found out that also on that website there is a DnD show with some of the best Voice Actors in the industry today

http://geekandsundry.com/critical-role-episode-1/

Here's the cast:
Matthew Mercer - DM
Liam O'Brien - Vax'Ildan the Half-Elf Rogue
Laura Bailey - Vex'Ahlia the Half-Elf Ranger
Travis Willingham - Grog the Goliath Barbarian
Taliesin Jaffe - Percey the Human Gunslinger
Marisha Ray - Keyleth the Half-Elf Druid
Orion Acaba - Tiberius the Dragonborn Sorcerer
Sam Riegel - Scanlan the Gnome Bard
Ashley Johnson - Pike the Gnome Cleric

I've watched a bit of this live on Twitch, and it can be surprisingly entertaining even if (like me) you're not really into role playing games.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

achillesforever6 posted:

Troy knows about it, and was weirded out at first. Apparently less-so now with how often everyone involved gushes about it though! :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dragonatrix posted:

Troy knows about it, and was weirded out at first. Apparently less-so now with how often everyone involved gushes about it though! :v:
It would be pretty funny if Troy just walked in on Liam, Travis, and Laura recording and just shout out "You are a bunch of nerds" and just leaves.

But that's really funny being weirded out by DnD seeing how he's kind of an eccentric

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Seen all the new Baywatching. Really awesome Lupa, but I still think you're crazy for agreeing to do every single episode. :v:

Anyway, New Half in the bad Mad Max: Fury Road First off, just saw this today. GO SEE THIS loving MOVIE! Amazing. simply amazing. Second off, I think i like the Best of the Worsts better than Half in The Bag now.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I've only seen the first Mad Max movie. Should I watch the other two before the new one?

I never saw any of the Mad Max movies. There were small short parts here and there of Max having flashbacks about a child but that's it. Otherwise I don't think so.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 17, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I've only seen the first Mad Max movie. Should I watch the other two before the new one?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
They all stand pretty well on their own so no. I do highly recommend the first two though. "Mad Max" is a good, albiet disturbing thriller with the occasional car chase. "The Road Warrior" (aka "Mad Max 2") is a fun smash-em-up action extravaganza with some of the best stunts in movie history. "Beyond Thunderdome" I haven't seen since the early 2000s, when TNT played it seemingly every weekend.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mraagvpeine posted:

There's no continuity that you have to know between the movies. Though they do keep a couple little things that are more nods than anything else.

Each movie does become more of a hosed up apocalypse than the last though you don't need to know that. It's like they keep having apocalypses and poo poo just gets worse and worse while Max is cursed to roam the Earth somehow. Fury Road is great though. I'd say it's definitely number 1 or 2 of the series, though I'd have to go back and watch the rest of them again to really rank them.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'd say the original Mad Max is occurring DURING the apocalypse. The world is only starting to fall apart.

The rest are post-apoc desert with each just revealing more about how bad the world is of.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

I'd say the original Mad Max is occurring DURING the apocalypse. The world is only starting to fall apart.

The rest are post-apoc desert with each just revealing more about how bad the world is of.

The first one seem to be set during civilization's decline, no wars or anything like that. In the second film it seems to have taken during or after a great war for oil and resources but as far as I know no bombs actually dropped. it's in the beginning of 3 where the bombs drop and the world burned. The new one seems to follow what happened in Thunderdome. Everyone should go see Fury Road. Fantastic film. I can't recommend it enough.

Get chromed up for Valhalla!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I have never heard anyone not liking Fury Road. Brad and co. loved it I'm going to see it tomorrow, and I am very excited.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

PassTheRemote posted:

I have never heard anyone not liking Fury Road. Brad and co. loved it I'm going to see it tomorrow, and I am very excited.

As much as I loved this, it was more of a whim I wen't and saw it. i can't get excited for movies anymore I think. Still havent seen Avengers and Fast and the Furious.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Jay O posted:

This actually posted a few days ago, but I did a countdown of the Top Ten Legend of Zelda Songs, which was a mighty challenge, let me tell you. Viewer poll is also open on that so you can vote for your favorites! :)

you loving cheater, that's two songs for OoT, and number 1 is the poor man's Deku Palace :colbert:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
If anyone still on the fence for mad max. The mra have sand in their dickholes due to the story. I am sure this will make people watch it for spite :)

But really watch it anyways.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

If anyone still on the fence for mad max. The mra have sand in their dickholes due to the story. I am sure this will make people watch it for spite :)

But really watch it anyways.

I don't think anyone on this thread really takes MRA opinions on films seriously.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I don't think anyone on this thread really takes MRA opinions on films seriously.

I know. But it's good for a laugh. sorry for bringing it up.

the real message is watch mad max.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 18, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m_X0TdbdmQ

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
In bad news, Shakespeare Month keeps being delayed by Kyle's computers repeatedly committing suicide.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Move over Mark Kermode your time is over.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

In bad news, Shakespeare Month keeps being delayed by Kyle's computers repeatedly committing suicide.

Depending on the movie/play this could be ironic.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Mraagvpeine posted:

If it's The Scottish Play, I blame him saying it at some point during production.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Hmmm, there is no felt skull, so 0/10 for Muppet Davis Aruni.

This is a great parody.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The other puppet looks pretty familiar too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSLNvqajlNw

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Oh god! Thank you so much for this!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I like how much he looks like a googly-eyed penis.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

Jsor posted:

If it's The Scottish Play, I blame him saying it at some point during production.

I knew I shouldn't have done a Macbeth adaptation this year.

Oops I just wrote the thing.

Now I won't be done with it until, like August.

KKall fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 19, 2015

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Any of you who want to use RSS feeds to get video updates on YouTube might have noticed that the feeds stopped working a couple weeks ago. YouTube has changed its URL for RSS feeds again, and since they're hidden (because RSS would mean you'd be watching someone else's ads for updates).

To get the URL, go to the channel you want to follow and view the page soure. Look for the word "channel_id" and copy the gibberish after the "=". Ex: channel_id=UC0M0rxSz3IF0CsSour1iWmw. Then put it into this URL where the XXXXs are.

code:
https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=XXXXXXX
https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC0M0rxSz3IF0CsSour1iWmw

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Mraagvpeine posted:

If we glitches have offended,
Geek Squad this, and all is mended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

lornekates posted:

If we glitches have offended,
Geek Squad this, and all is mended.

Woof, not in my experiences with the Geek Squad it ain't. :smith: