Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

esperantinc posted:

In this realm, I'm fed up with "giant amount of negative space" plating. Just use a smaller plate you shitbirds.

Then the plate looks crowded. I don't want it to look like I shoved everything on the plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Then the plate looks crowded. I don't want it to look like I shoved everything on the plate.

Oh no, using it to not crowd a plate, is fine, I'm just over poo poo like this that makes me think they forgot something:

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

esperantinc posted:

Oh no, using it to not crowd a plate, is fine, I'm just over poo poo like this that makes me think they forgot something:

Yeah, that's stupid.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nothing that a smear of sauce couldn't fix.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
that chef is missing the perfect chance for a big ol bowl of sour cream and onion dip

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

They do that intentionally so you can take out your crayons and finish drawing the funny face that they started with the foodhair. Then you can take a picture with your camera because that's what celebrating food means to anyone under 30.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

esperantinc posted:

These are both pretty badly done (or at least photographed terribly), but I like this type of plating for tasting menus/small plates stuff.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Those are just lovely dishes. Also, the orange segments in the 2nd one are definitely bought, so probably taste like poo poo as well.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Steve Yun posted:

This might be right up your alley

https://www.facebook.com/WeWantPlates

That's pretty funny.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

No dish will ever beat the roadkill one ricola posted in the past. It's so amazing.

:allears:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

This might be right up your alley

https://www.facebook.com/WeWantPlates

This page owns.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g60859-d782988-r156527649-Bunky_s_Cafe-Madison_Wisconsin.html

I don't think anything quite justifies the monicker "we want plates" quite like that.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 15, 2015

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

No dish will ever beat the roadkill one ricola posted in the past. It's so amazing.

Wasn't that PF?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Xoidanor posted:

This page owns.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g60859-d782988-r156527649-Bunky_s_Cafe-Madison_Wisconsin.html

I don't think anything quite justifies the monicker "we want plates" quite like that.

christ why does it have to be in WI ugh

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Drink and Fight posted:

Wasn't that PF?

I don't remember, but it was fabulous

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Everyone who hates not circle plates please don't come to my place. I have triangle plates because I was on a budget and that poo poo was on massive sale (because no one wants them!) which worked out perfectly for me. I think I paid like. 62 cents each for 10 inch triangle plates.

Don't judge me!

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Everyone who hates not circle plates please don't come to my place. I have triangle plates because I was on a budget and that poo poo was on massive sale (because no one wants them!) which worked out perfectly for me. I think I paid like. 62 cents each for 10 inch triangle plates.

Don't judge me!

62 cents for plates?! I hate you so much right now. I have these circular plates that have an acute triangular rim, with one corner being lifted a bit. They look nice in my restaurant. They're $26 each. You suck sir.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

62 cents for plates?! I hate you so much right now. I have these circular plates that have an acute triangular rim, with one corner being lifted a bit. They look nice in my restaurant. They're $26 each. You suck sir.

Your plates are probably much nicer than mine.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

This one?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Yesssssssssss :eyepop: :swoon:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I KILLED A THING AND WILL EAT IT

POOOOOOORRRRRKKKKKK

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Boy, that sure looks appetising. WTF?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Eagerly awaiting someone to do the wild boar version of this dish.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Xoidanor posted:

Eagerly awaiting someone to do the wild boar version of this dish.

I could possibly do a venison version this fall....but I'm going to need a way bigger plate.

I wonder if doing it with a suckling pig as a special would freak enough people the gently caress out would be worth it. Serve it on a trash can lid to piss off the no plate people as well.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Surely on a square of Tarmac asphalt?

Preferably with heat haze coming off it...

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

therattle posted:

Boy, that sure looks appetising. WTF?

It was from a NYE meal a few years ago. That was squab, a beet + something reduction sauce, puffed wild rice, something something corn stripe thing.

The vegetarian option was p. laughable:

Here was the rest of it: http://imgur.com/a/KfXy3

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

"gently caress it, I have no imagination when it comes to bread, just put the butter into something unusual." :effort:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

It was from a NYE meal a few years ago. That was squab, a beet + something reduction sauce, puffed wild rice, something something corn stripe thing.

The vegetarian option was p. laughable:

Here was the rest of it: http://imgur.com/a/KfXy3

So try hard. I find very little of that tempting.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I don't mind fancy-shaped plates, as long as they are plates. Even mid-tier restaurants have funky shaped plates now.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

therattle posted:

That's just like, your opinion, man.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Casu Marzu posted:

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Of course it is!

And I don't like The Eagles either. :colbert:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

therattle posted:

And I don't like The Eagles either. :colbert:

And that is a good opinion

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Casu Marzu posted:

And that is a good opinion

Heathens!

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

I think you meant to say "the non-hearing impaired"

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Skinny King Pimp posted:

I think you meant to say "the non-hearing impaired"

I think you mean to say "get the gently caress outta my cab!"

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

therattle posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I wouldn't want to eat that every day, but it's kind of fun to have a silly meal now and again.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I wouldn't want to eat that every day, but it's kind of fun to have a silly meal now and again.

I thought it all looked like fun to eat.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

My favorite was the oysters on the beach.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I heard today that some people really actually don't like bitter foods? For real? What's wrong with y'all?

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Croatoan posted:

So I heard today that some people really actually don't like bitter foods? For real? What's wrong with y'all?

I hate bitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Echeveria posted:

I hate food.

ftfy