Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zwabu posted:

Is Judith Miller on some kind of "rehab my image" tour? Is she hawking a new book? Why do we have to hear from this disgraceful person anymore?

It's badass to have money in America, you can do what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Zwabu posted:

Is Judith Miller on some kind of "rehab my image" tour? Is she hawking a new book? Why do we have to hear from this disgraceful person anymore?

She got smacked the gently caress down by Stewart earlier this week, who called her out on doing this, I think.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Zwabu posted:

IF I DID IT, by Judy Miller

With a foreword by Dick Cheney.

Edited by Dick Cheney

Published by Meet The Press

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Right To Rise:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/15/school-us-flag-truck/

Peyton Robinson, a high school senior in South Carolina, was recently told by a school administrator that he couldn't fly large American and POW-MIA flags from the back of his pickup truck. However, once Robinson started posting about the incident online, it didn't take long for a social media campaign and demonstration to force a change in policy.

Robinson claimed that the problems started when a school administrator asked him to remove the flags when he got home, but he found them unbolted in the truck's bed at the end of the day. Officials there claimed that the banners represented a safety concern. "Anytime you get a flag of any kind flying, it creates a visual distraction," York Comprehensive High School Principal Christopher Black said to news station WBTV.

That argument didn't stand up to the voice of the community or students at the high school, though. A protest on May 14 brought a stream of flag-bearing vehicles to the school. Vietnam veterans also waved the Stars and Stripes at passing cars.

The public pressure forced the school to change its policy, and Robinson was allowed to fly his flags again, as long they didn't create a driving hazard. "I'm really surprised all these people showed up and I'm really appreciative of all the support from everybody, I had no idea it would get this big," he said to WBTV.

--------

Liberals hate free thinking youth.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I get it but...pick your battles.

And if you picked "patriotic flags on pickup trucks in south carolina vs school rules regarding road safety", pick again

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Seems more like business for a traffic cop than a school administrator anyways.

I also get it but holy poo poo that's a doozy of a hornets nest to kick.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
That kid should get some coal-rollers that spew right onto the flag for maximum effect.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had no idea it would get this big he said after posting it to social media as if he was being oppressed.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
tbf his social media post was probably "fuckin school stole my fuckin flags this is bullshit" with all the usual eloquence of teenagers

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

They didn't even steal it, they just took it off the back of his truck and placed it in the bed.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Not something I'd expect a teenager to know, but conservatives could really stand to learn what time/place/manner restrictions are and realize they aren't attacks on ARE FREEDUMZ
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Time,+Place,+and+Manner+Restrictions

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Trilas posted:

Not something I'd expect a teenager to know, but conservatives could really stand to learn what time/place/manner restrictions are and realize they aren't attacks on ARE FREEDUMZ
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Time,+Place,+and+Manner+Restrictions

To be fair conservatives think they're being oppressed and having their free speech rights violated when they get fired for posting homosexual and racial slurs on the Internet.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't hear because I'm at the gym and the subtitles are unreliable but Bernie Sanders is on O'Reilly right now. Should be good.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Tender Bender posted:

I can't hear because I'm at the gym and the subtitles are unreliable but Bernie Sanders is on O'Reilly right now. Should be good.

Yeah those subs were off a bit

code:

O'Reilly: Please Bernie, come back
 to the topic at hand

Sanders: gently caress the elderly i steal from social security
 hail satan, black people and drug dealers 
who give peyote to grade schoolers

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah those subs were off a bit

code:

O'Reilly: Please Bernie, come back
 to the topic at hand

Sanders: gently caress the elderly i steal from social security
 hail satan, black people and drug dealers 
who give peyote to grade schoolers

"Hail Satan"

Finally, a platform I can stand with.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Vargatron posted:

"Hail Satan"

Finally, a platform I can stand with.

I gladly will vote for a candidate that legit says "Hail Satan" regardless of party.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

To be fair conservatives think they're being oppressed and having their free speech rights violated when they get fired for posting homosexual and racial slurs on the Internet literally any time they are criticized for anything.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Yeah "Hail Satan" would get my vote in a heart beat.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah, the Church of Satan really likes to put the screws to the evangelicals when it comes to pointing out their hypocrisy. I'd be interested in seeing them put up a candidate sometime. That would be hilarious.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Anybody posted this yet? It's like a couple of 5th grade boys picking on a female classmate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TorupyzWi0

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
"Tamara, you get the last word."

*Dude talks over her the whole time, while Sean just smiles instead of telling him to shut the gently caress up.*

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

site posted:

Yeah, the Church of Satan really likes to put the screws to the evangelicals when it comes to pointing out their hypocrisy. I'd be interested in seeing them put up a candidate sometime. That would be hilarious.

Satanists tend to socially liberal, but economically far right. I don't know who said this first, but Satanism is basically Randian Objectivism in funny robes.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Satanists militant atheists tend to socially liberal, but economically far right. I don't know who said this first, but Satanism is basically Randian Objectivism in funny robes.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Satanists tend to socially liberal, but economically far right. I don't know who said this first, but Satanism is basically Randian Objectivism in funny robes.

The Satanic Temple specifically rejects Laveyan Satanism and functions mostly to troll conservative Christians by using the First Amendment against them.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

The Satanic Temple specifically rejects Laveyan Satanism and functions mostly to troll conservative Christians by using the First Amendment against them.

Ah, I didn't realize they were a splinter group. Good on them then.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

beatlegs posted:

Anybody posted this yet? It's like a couple of 5th grade boys picking on a female classmate.

"It's true. I won't say why my unfounded claim is true but it's true."

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Ah, I didn't realize they were a splinter group. Good on them then.

From reading about them I think they're Satanists instead of Pastafarians specifically because doing things in the name of Satan pisses off Evangelicals more.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

beatlegs posted:

The worst part was Sean just laughing and grinning the whole time. Like, I know he abandoned all pretense of journalism ages ago but when you're just being a sad little toady giggling along with one of your guests how do you even think you have any respectability?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I really hate that the "liberals" that they put on these shows can never effectively respond to that garbage. That dude was begging for a brutal tear-down and the best she can seem to muster is "well you're an offensive jerk."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair she seemed to be literally shocked. Like, actually never expected an adult man on live tv to look her in the eyes and yell that she'd be happier at home with kids and women are clearly lying about being happy at work.

I mean if I was on TV and some dude next to me just started going off about how CLEARLY as a gay I want to rape straight children to convert them I think I'd be at a loss for words, I'm just surprised she didn't devolve into 'what the gently caress is wrong with you'.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
No response is necessary for that level of garbage. They're already killing themselves by just saying it out loud

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

To be fair she seemed to be literally shocked. Like, actually never expected an adult man on live tv to look her in the eyes and yell that she'd be happier at home with kids and women are clearly lying about being happy at work.

I mean if I was on TV and some dude next to me just started going off about how CLEARLY as a gay I want to rape straight children to convert them I think I'd be at a loss for words, I'm just surprised she didn't devolve into 'what the gently caress is wrong with you'.

It's not even modern sexism. It's something out of the 1920's. Same with Chuck throwing out race science articles that were debunked during that same era.

Like you said it's a really outdated line of thinking that most people have ditched because it's been proven wrong again and again. One wouldn't know how to respond because such a thought would be so idiotic It's like the Lewis Black bit on "If it weren't for my horse. I wouldn't have spent that year in college.". Your brain just stops and goes "Wait...what?"

Keep saying it...if it's people like this that are the future of the GOP? They'll struggle to be a national party for very much longer.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

That's Church of Satan, specifically. It was Anton LaVey who said "I give people Ayn Rand with trappings."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pope Guilty posted:

From reading about them I think they're Satanists instead of Pastafarians specifically because doing things in the name of Satan pisses off Evangelicals more.

The best use of Satan and the hailing thereof.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's not even modern sexism. It's something out of the 1920's. Same with Chuck throwing out race science articles that were debunked during that same era.

Like you said it's a really outdated line of thinking that most people have ditched because it's been proven wrong again and again. One wouldn't know how to respond because such a thought would be so idiotic It's like the Lewis Black bit on "If it weren't for my horse. I wouldn't have spent that year in college.". Your brain just stops and goes "Wait...what?"

Keep saying it...if it's people like this that are the future of the GOP? They'll struggle to be a national party for very much longer.

Isn't this exactly what was predicted would happen with the likely Democratic candidate to be a woman? They're right on schedule

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BigRed0427 posted:

Is this something that's catching on in places like Fox News or is it just Rush and random assholes? There's a Op-Ed on the Advocate 's site about people saying the train crash is part of a gay conspiracy?

I honestly don't know. I've just seen a recurring tendency of the RWM to take the most innocuous, harmless, non-political stories in the world and turn them into something political that make it liberals' fault. They do it with movies, music...you name it. Like a few years ago when there were crazy wildfires out west, it was supposedly because environmentalists have kept people from cutting down the trees. So, if there's no trees, then there can be no fires.

That's like...um...I'm not sure what that's like but it's weird logic. It's like blaming book burning on the fact that too many liberals write books.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

hhhat posted:

Isn't this exactly what was predicted would happen with the likely Democratic candidate to be a woman? They're right on schedule

It's bizarre.

I wonder if a lot of conservative women on the right are beginning to feel alienated because of this. I mean, I think Michelle Bachmann, and Sarah Palin are pretty awful, but I don't think they would take too kindly to being told "Get back in the kitchen".

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

hhhat posted:

I'm looking forward to it being ramped up a few notches when Hillary is confirmed and they are getting desperate.
You just loving know Rush will be saying women can't run countries because of breasts or something.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's bizarre.

I wonder if a lot of conservative women on the right are beginning to feel alienated because of this. I mean, I think Michelle Bachmann, and Sarah Palin are pretty awful, but I don't think they would take too kindly to being told "Get back in the kitchen".

Bachmann probably would tbh, isn't she basically just a mouthpiece for her lunatic husband?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It'll be hard for Right Wing Media to completely dismiss the ability of women to lead after slobbering all over the carriers of Margaret Thatcher and Jeanne Kirkpatrick for so long.