Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Willfrey posted:

After reading the last 8 pages I feel I have been illuminated. gently caress viral marketing, its time to riot in the streets my brothers

drat right: On my agenda:

1) Amazon reviews will be from verified purchases only.
2) Sites like IGN who make their money off publisher dollars for ads will no longer be able to review games based on said ad revenue.
3) Publishers will no longer be able to extort gaming sites with exclusive preview material, which those sites need to generate web hits, by making them promise they need good reviews for their game.
4) Publishers will come clean on any product changes 2 months before launch. Regardless of any "free game" promotions and will be heavily hit if those publishers do not follow through on features requiring said hardware. (Gee, lookie here, this game - to be honest this is more NVIDIA's fault as they forced CD to not say anything about the PC version downgrade)

To name a few at the top of my list.

With that said, it will be a great game. But next time, loving tell the truth to your customers. And days of the viral shoutdown artists here are over.

Everyone needs to get a say, everyone can freely express their opinion without being stifled or called a troll when calling out the truth of an anindustry that has needed the wooden spoon on it's rear end for years now.

Oh, and by the way, the next target? EA's new Star Wars game which is developed within 17 months and has 4 DLC packages already developed to sell you a game at $100 to get the full experience when it should have been launched like that all along.

Long live the gaming consumer! It's time for an rear end whoopin'!

I will now vacate the thread so the honest posters here can talk about their excitement to play a good game that is about to come out.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
This thread was better without this idiot

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Utnayan posted:

2) Sites like IGN who make their money off publisher dollars for ads will no longer be able to review games based on said ad revenue.
3) Publishers will no longer be able to extort gaming sites with exclusive preview material, which those sites need to generate web hits, by making them promise they need good reviews for their game.
4) Publishers will come clean on any product changes 2 months before launch.

Who are you demanding these demands to, though? Obama?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
5. Day one patches must be mailed to all box set purchases who do not have internet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's Saturday, just have to make it to Monday night for PSN release and then can enjoy that sweet sweet graphics downgrade action and problematic women. :f5:

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
For all that is loving holy will you just stop with the bullshit. The first 13 pages of the new thread are filled with your poo poo, people were excited to see so many new posts and instead got to read page-after-page of that garbage. I can't wait until people start posting screenshots of how amazing the game looks come Monday so you can shut the hell up.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Any moment an admin is going to wake up and hit him with the month probation gnarlyhotep requested, so enjoy the Utnayan Experience while you can.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

4) Publishers will come clean on any product changes 2 months before launch. Regardless of any "free game" promotions and will be heavily hit if those publishers do not follow through on features requiring said hardware. (Gee, lookie here, this game - to be honest this is more NVIDIA's fault as they forced CD to not say anything about the PC version downgrade)

With that said, it will be a great game. But next time, loving tell the truth to your customers. And days of the viral shoutdown artists here are over.

Everyone needs to get a say, everyone can freely express their opinion without being stifled or called a troll when calling out the truth of an anindustry that has needed the wooden spoon on it's rear end for years now.

Oh, and by the way, the next target? EA's new Star Wars game which is developed within 17 months and has 4 DLC packages already developed to sell you a game at $100 to get the full experience when it should have been launched like that all along.

In all seriousness, none of this matters. It's your sole responsibility to be informed about your video game purchases. Gaming websites are under no obligation to follow some sort of ethical code, they are a business, that is just the reality of the situation. That's just how it is, and it's pointless to try to fix it, because again, it's just video games.

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007
Well I, for one, am glad that Utnayan has come to evangelize for low frame rates and sharpen filters on grass.

In fact, I'm convinced. I'm buying an Xbox One so I can get the console version of TW3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He sent me a PM. :cripes:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

1stGear posted:

Any moment an admin is going to wake up and hit him with the month probation gnarlyhotep requested, so enjoy the Utnayan Experience while you can.

I would honestly, genuinely be shocked at this point if he doesn't catch a permaban, because he's a creepy obsessive stalker.

See him pm'ing people constantly.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I'm so sorry.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Did you bring enough to share with the rest of the class?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

I said come in! posted:

I did that because I said I wasn't going to post anymore in the thread. Now knock it off MS.

Here is his PM.

quote:

I hear ya buddy. But as long as it's a billion dollar industry full of bullshit half the time? It's not "Just video games"

It's loving fraud.

All done.

Enjoy the game folks. CD deserves credit for doing what they did. They just need to be honest next time. It's their only fuckup to date, and I have been told by their higher level management it won't happen again.

Although, it would have been pretty loving cool to see blood spatter on water floating around because that poo poo was loving amazing.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Utnayan posted:

I will now vacate the thread so the honest posters here can talk about their excitement to play a good game that is about to come out.

Why don't you take your particular brand of insane autism or whatever it is and at least apply it to something actually worth getting upset about. Videogames aren't poo poo, and the 'bad' that videogame companies do isn't even a blip on the radar of what other industries perpetrate. Why not take your insane moral grandstanding to an industry where actual, genuine evil is perpetrated instead of something as mild as 'ripping off gamers' or whatever. Why obsess about videogame ethics when there's companies that are destroying the environment, enslaving the poor, and displacing and taking advantage of the desperate? Who gives a poo poo, in the grand scheme of things, if people's disposable income isn't wasted quite as well as it might be.

I challenge you, crazy guy, to at least be crazy about something that matters instead of some worthless bullshit like games.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Neat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Utnayan posted:

This guy is the best performance art SA has had.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Utnayan posted:

I did that because I said I wasn't going to post anymore in the thread. Now knock it off MS.

Here is his PM.

All done.

Enjoy the game folks. CD deserves credit for doing what they did. They just need to be honest next time. It's their only fuckup to date, and I have been told by their higher level management it won't happen again.

Although, it would have been pretty loving cool to see blood spatter on water floating around because that poo poo was loving amazing.

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and flip the tortoise over on its back, Utnayan. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping. Why is that? Why aren't you helping, Utnayan?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Stop loving talking to him you imbeciles.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This guy is the best performance art SA has had.
Irish Joe is better at it.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hopterque posted:

Why don't you take your particular brand of insane autism or whatever it is and at least apply it to something actually worth getting upset about. Videogames aren't poo poo, and the 'bad' that videogame companies do isn't even a blip on the radar of what other industries perpetrate. Why not take your insane moral grandstanding to an industry where actual, genuine evil is perpetrated instead of something as mild as 'ripping off gamers' or whatever. Why obsess about videogame ethics when there's companies that are destroying the environment, enslaving the poor, and displacing and taking advantage of the desperate? Who gives a poo poo, in the grand scheme of things, if people's disposable income isn't wasted quite as well as it might be.

I challenge you, crazy guy, to at least be crazy about something that matters instead of some worthless bullshit like games.
Just because you are happy with being ripped off doesn't mean I can't utilise my consumer rights, and aim for ethics into this business arrangement. Utnayan will probably get a month probation for saying what we're all thinking but someone has to take the stand.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

for saying what we're all thinking

ahahaha yeah okay

Game's gonna own.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I can't wait to get my check from Comte

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Daric posted:

I can't wait to get my check from Comte

Considering how many shills there are on the Something Awful viral market site I imagine our cuts are going to be very low this time around.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Just because you are happy with being ripped off doesn't mean I can't utilise my consumer rights, and aim for ethics into this business arrangement. Utnayan will probably get a month probation for saying what we're all thinking but someone has to take the stand.

actually not all of us are paranoid and autistic and we understand that there's no reason to get worked up about in engine footage from three years before release

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sedisp posted:

Considering how many shills there are on the Something Awful viral market site I imagine our cuts are going to be very low this time around.

I'm gonna have to kill a few of my fellow shills and take their cuts from this grand scam to get by.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
What do I have to do to get some PM love?

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you consume enough shill hearts Bobby Kotick and Kelly Flock show up and induct you into a secret club.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Salsa McManus posted:

What do I have to do to get some PM love?

You need to purchase premium so I can click the message button under your name. Make it so.

Here are some great screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/Xs0PA

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Utnayan posted:

You need to purchase premium so I can click the message button under your name. Make it so.

They downgraded that man into a sign in one of them. How dare they.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Utnayan posted:

shut up you loving idiot

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Utnayan posted:

okay

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

I am very disappointed with my PM and request a better one.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Utnayan posted:

That lighting now looks flat as gently caress. Everything has a plasticy sheen on it :\

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Utnayan posted:

What's funny is the Horse actually looks better in the lower pictures.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
We're gonna need a new thread when the game comes out.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

PC Games Hardware did a Min vs. Max youtube vide for Witcher 3.

It's pretty good

Game looks pretty fuckin' good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Horse musculature, the defining standard of fidelity for a new generation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Drifter posted:

We're gonna need a new thread when the game comes out.
I'm sure this was intended to be that, but then someone went and filled the first 15 pages (so far) with some of the most ridiculous horse-poo poo I have seen in this forum, and that's really saying something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm sure this was intended to be that, but then someone went and filled the first 15 pages (so far) with some of the most ridiculous horse-poo poo I have seen in this forum, and that's really saying something.
I'm sure Orv hasn't posted that much